Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? (6086 Views)

Christians, Why Do You Hate Richard Dawkins this much? / I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? / Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:44pm On Jan 19, 2016
hahn:

No, I mean the whole of it. The explanation of temperament far exceeds the mysticism behind astrology
embarassed
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Ishilove: 8:00pm On Jan 19, 2016
Plaetton is at it again. Leave us with our 'delusion'!! tongue
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by ifenes(m): 9:34pm On Jan 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Anything on the origin of the anunakis yet ?

I have loads of info, but it is not my place to tell you about the origin of your gods. If I told you you will not believe anyway.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:36pm On Jan 19, 2016
ifenes:

I have loads of info, but it is not my place to tell you about the origin of your gods. If I told you you will not believe anyway.

I want to know from you, does it matter if I believe or not ? Its fun sharing such info

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 10:09pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ishilove:
Plaetton is at it again. Leave us with our 'delusion'!! tongue
tongue
See your face.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 10:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

embarassed

Same here.

Was that in Latin or simply verbal masturbation ?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by ifenes(m): 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I want to know from you, does it matter if I believe or not ? Its fun sharing such info

Why should I bother when you are already closed minded? Why should I care?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Image123(m): 11:45pm On Jan 19, 2016
Foolish question. Christianity is life, eternal life. Life's actions are repeated. You breathe every day, eat every day. Yesterday sunshine is not enough for today, and on and on.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by davien(m): 2:04am On Jan 20, 2016
Why wouldn't their faith need regular recharging? They're told it'll make them literally be able to move mountains and yet nobody has ever done so..

4 Likes

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 2:49am On Jan 20, 2016
zenith4biz:
Why should Lionel messi be going to training after winning 5 Ballon D'ors
Lionel Messi may need training to be a competent footballer, But needs no training to be a Human Being.

Whatever is acquired needs constant recycling to be maintained. But what is natural needs little to no efforts.

Blind religious faith is acquired and therefore superficial in my sensing for it is an effort by individuals to persuade themselves or others about the veracity of their various religious beliefs. Such faith is fragile therefore religious leaders of all faith constantly urge (sometimes threaten) their adherent to stick to the "normative" doctrine and be faithful at their meeting.

People should be allowed to believe in whatever they are genuinely convinced about provided they don't harm or force it on others. Experience, questioning, honesty and observation will lead anyone who wishes to a natural faith and recognition of God. Such faith is genuine and deep, and require no human intervention.

Proselytism is therefore in my perception belittling God and thereby wrong.

Greetings.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Image123(m): 11:47am On Jan 20, 2016
LoJ:

Lionel Messi may need training to be a competent footballer, But needs no training to be a Human Being.

Whatever is acquired needs constant recycling to be maintained. But what is natural needs little to no efforts.

Blind religious faith is acquired and therefore superficial in my sensing for it is an effort by individuals to persuade themselves or others about the veracity of their various religious beliefs. Such faith is fragile therefore religious leaders of all faith constantly urge (sometimes threaten) their adherent to stick to the "normative" doctrine and be faithful at their meeting.

People should be allowed to believe in whatever they are genuinely convinced about provided they don't harm or force it on others. Experience, questioning, honesty and observation will lead anyone who wishes to a natural faith and recognition of God. Such faith is genuine and deep, and require no human intervention.

Proselytism is therefore in my perception belittling God and thereby wrong.

Greetings.

Is christianity natural?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 20, 2016
Image123:

Is christianity natural?
hello Image123.

What do you call christianity? Only then can I air my opinion with regards to your question.

Cheers.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Image123(m): 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
LoJ:

hello Image123.

What do you call christianity? Only then can I air my opinion with regards to your question.

Cheers.

It is following Jesus Christ, that is true christianity.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2016
Image123:
Foolish question. Christianity is life, eternal life. Life's actions are repeated. You breathe every day, eat every day. Yesterday sunshine is not enough for today, and on and on.

Christianity is simply a belief system, in case you haven't been told. You are free to mold YOUR life according to its doctrines.

The Toothfairy is my belief system. It is my Truth.
I dont see how or why I would need to constantly recharge a truth that stands on its own.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
Image123:

It is following Jesus Christ, that is true christianity.
Then yes, it is natural.

Cheers.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by davien(m): 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
LoJ:

Then yes, it is natural.

Cheers.
So do babies naturally go to church or seek Christian bibles?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
davien:
So do babies naturally go to church or seek bibles?
Hello Davien.

If you take time to read my posts in this topic and others, you will quickly realise that I don't consider true spirituality to be anything close to a religious movement, book or denomination. So no, true christianity has nothing to do with going to church or reading the Bible.

No one is born with a Bible, and the world existed long before any church was created. Believing that these are necessary for salvation is in my sensing blind religious faith which is different from true faith.

Cheerful greetings.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by davien(m): 2:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
LoJ:

Hello Davien.

If you take time to read my posts in this topic and others, you will quickly realise that I don't consider true spirituality to be anything close to a religious movement, book or denomination. So no, true christianity has nothing to do with going to church or reading the Bible.

No one is born with a Bible, and the world existed long before any church was created. Believing that these are necessary for salvation is in my sensing blind religious faith which is different from true faith.

Cheerful greetings.

And what might "true spirituality" be?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
davien:
And what might "true spirituality" be?
A genuine search for the Truth from one's heart and a longing to love everyone in righteousness, is a good debut. He that does that will undergo billions of experiences that will teach him the Truth and ultimately lead him to the recognition of God and his laws.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by davien(m): 2:44pm On Jan 20, 2016
LoJ:

A genuine search for the Truth from one's heart and a longing to love everyone in righteousness, is a good debut. He that does that will undergo billions of experiences that will teach him the Truth and ultimately lead him to the recognition of God and his laws.

Cheers.
How does or would a search for truth lead one to conclude the existence of a specific type of god against all others and even determining that it should have laws or care about what we should be doing?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 20, 2016
davien:
Everyone is entitled to his beliefs/convictions/conclusions about God or gods. It is not my intend to convince you to change yours. I explained what I meant by true spirituality and you are free to reject it. It is indeed welcomed.

If you have examined thoroughly and came to the conclusion that there be no God, then so be it. It is your inalienable right.

Besides, I never claimed the superiority of one concept of God over another one as your post seems to suggest. God and concepts of god are not one and the same thing.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Image123(m): 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
plaetton:

Christianity is simply a belief system, in case you haven't been told. You are free to mold YOUR life according to its doctrines.

The Toothfairy is my belief system. It is my Truth.
I dont see how or why I would need to constantly recharge a truth that stands on its own.

Unfortunately, you cannot mold your life according to its doctrines. You need God Himself to mold you to its doctrine, that's why you go to church. People don't just wake up and start obeying the doctrines of Christ or living like Christ. They are changed into His likeness by the Spirit of the Lord Himself.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Image123(m): 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
LoJ:

Then yes, it is natural.

Cheers.

Following Jesus is not natural, not at all. People don't just decide and start following Jesus, it is more than that. It takes living and daily faith in Him. You need to examine yourself daily, take up your cross daily and follow. That is true christianity. That is when you can obey the commandments of Jesus like those found in Matthew 5 or in the epistles.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by dabosuker(m): 2:42am On Jan 23, 2016
LoJ:

Ok. My Opinion goes as follows:

Your post is quite true as far as religious faith or shall we say Blind faith is concerned. Yes Blind faith (which could be defined as believing what the Pastor/priest told you, or what was written in the religious book) needs to be recharged and the obedience/submission of the people has to be recycled afresh through classical/operating conditioning techniques.

However Genuine faith has nothing to do with religions and religious meetings. It is a living experience of the divine which produces absolute certainty. God created the world without a church or a Mosque or Temple. He therefore does not need them to save the world.

True faith is personal and does not require to belong to any religious movement. True faith does not castigate doubts, questions, analysis and criticism. It welcomes them and see therewith an opportunity to be more living, more knowledgeable, more true.

I do not belong to any religion, nor have I been to any church for a long time. It has not broken my beliefs, it rather reinforces them.

Cheers.

Bar Man pls give LoJ what ever he takes,.....Its nice to know there are more folks out there like me self. Your post spot on bro! I only wish more folks would have the "Guts", to question, reason & start finding out Truth for themselves. Brother your presence is recognised grin

Meawhile Mr Plaetton I hail smiley, Hahn how far smiley & grettings to King Ebuka

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 4:21am On Jan 23, 2016
Image123:

Following Jesus is not natural, not at all. People don't just decide and start following Jesus, it is more than that. It takes living and daily faith in Him. You need to examine yourself daily, take up your cross daily and follow. That is true christianity. That is when you can obey the commandments of Jesus like those found in Matthew 5 or in the epistles.
Thank you for your remarks. I address them below:

Between the time Jesus left the earth and the time at which the books of the new testament were written, acknowledged and canonized, hundreds of years passed. How did people follow Christ in between?

Before the religious christianity ever reached the shores of africa, were they no followers of Christ in Africa?

Cheers.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 4:22am On Jan 23, 2016
dabosuker:

[b]Bar Man pls give LoJ what ever he takes,
I will take only a bottle of Palm wine. grin

Thank you for your kind words.

Greetings.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by hahn(m): 7:48am On Jan 23, 2016
dabosuker:

Bar Man pls give LoJ what ever he takes,.....Its nice to know there are more folks out there like me self. Your post spot on bro! I only wish more folks would have the "Guts", to question, reason & start finding out Truth for themselves. Brother your presence is recognised grin

Meawhile Mr Plaetton I hail smiley, Hahn how far smiley & grettings to King Ebuka

Chilling. How your side? grin

Send me a whatsapp message via the number on my siggy so I can send add you to the nl freethinkers group. Lots of fun going on there tongue
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Image123(m): 9:11am On Jan 23, 2016
LoJ:

Thank you for your remarks. I address them below:

Between the time Jesus left the earth and the time at which the books of the new testament were written acknowledge and canonized, hundreds of years passed. How did people follow Christ in between?

Before the religious christianity ever reached the shores of africa, were they no followers of Christ in Africa?

Cheers.

They followed Jesus by meeting and fellowship with one another frequently. There they prayed and built up their faith and encouragement with the Word of God. It was not a natural thing.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 23, 2016
Image123:

They followed Jesus by meeting and fellowship with one another frequently. There they prayed and built up their faith and encouragement with the Word of God. It was not a natural thing.

Hello Image123. Thank you for your answer, although it did completely addressed the questions raised.

What about the Ethiopian eunuch? And the humans in other parts of the world? Did they have to wait milleniums for the religion "christianity" before they can follow Christ? Are they all going no to be saved because religious men found no need to "evangelise" them?

Cheers.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by urahara(m): 9:45am On Jan 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

But christians do better than you in life . So how do they have low judgement on things ? Where do you reason from

Have you even seen where and how he lives.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Image123(m): 11:42am On Jan 23, 2016
LoJ:

Hello Image123. Thank you for your answer, although it did completely addressed the questions raised.

What about the Ethiopian eunuch? And the humans in other parts of the world? Did they have to wait milleniums for the religion "christianity" before they can follow Christ? Are they all going no to be saved because religious men found no need to "evangelise" them?

Cheers.

Actually, you are asking a new question,previous ones have been answered. You cannot follow who you do not know. It's like asking if people would have understood English if the British didn't come to Africa. The early Christians were very outspoken and joyous about their faith/belief. They went everywhere preaching the gospel. It is not outside the box to say that the eunuch would have told others about Jesus, salvation, baptism and co. He was a student of the Word of God, remember.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Image123(m): 11:50am On Jan 23, 2016
urahara:

Have you even seen where and how he lives.

i believe he was being generic. There are prosperous Christians everywhere, in the banking sector, manufacturing, health, oil and gas, government, higher institutions, with all kinds of degrees and monies. The idea most unbelievers pass on of Christians are morons, mumus, unintelligent people who don't know much, can't comprehend physics,mathematics,programming and other things they think complex. They limit Christianity to a level of thinking and logic alone. Such great ignorance i marvel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What God Cannot Do Does Not Exist! / Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? / German Catholics Face Excommunication Over Tithe Tax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.