Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? (6087 Views)

Christians, Why Do You Hate Richard Dawkins this much? / I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? / Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

shocked shocked

Huge lie spotted . People have severally accused the governments of these aforementioned countries of hiding "evidences" that there have been encounters with ETs . NASA has also been accused of obscuring encounters of astronauts and aliens .

Where is the lie ?
That government officials leak documents?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

...christians ...
I quite liked your post and was about to air my views, then I realised that you restricted it to Christians. Since I guessed you meant Bible believing/religious Christians, I abstain from commenting. Why restrict it only to [religious] christians? Do other religious people not also go frequently to their meetings?

Anyway, The post makes a good point. And we should all ponder on it.

Cheers.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 12:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
LoJ:
I quite liked your post and was about to air my views, then I realised that you restricted it to Christians. Since I guessed you meant Bible believing/religious Christians, I abstain from commenting. Why restrict it only to [religious] christians? Do other religious people not also go frequently to their meetings?

Anyway, The post makes a good point. And we should all ponder on it.

Cheers.

I stand corrected.
For all religions and faith operate in the same way. Same part of the brain is responsible.
So Christianity represents the entire gamut of religious behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Where is the lie ?
That government officials leak documents?

Conspiracy ?

Let me tell you something you can add to your fun theories

Hackers have found their way into classified military docs in past times in their bid to discover if the govt were hiding ET encounters from the public . Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to research the truth about these findings

This post may self destruct

*Mission Impossible's music plays in the background*
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

I stand corrected.
Ok. My Opinion goes as follows:

Your post is quite true as far as religious faith or shall we say Blind faith is concerned. Yes Blind faith (which could be defined as believing what the Pastor/priest told you, or what was written in the religious book) needs to be recharged and the obedience/submission of the people has to be recycled afresh through classical/operating conditioning techniques.

However Genuine faith has nothing to do with religions and religious meetings. It is a living experience of the divine which produces absolute certainty. God created the world without a church or a Mosque or Temple. He therefore does not need them to save the world.

True faith is personal and does not require to belong to any religious movement. True faith does not castigate doubts, questions, analysis and criticism. It welcomes them and see therewith an opportunity to be more living, more knowledgeable, more true.

I do not belong to any religion, nor have I been to any church for a long time. It has not broken my beliefs, it rather reinforces them.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
grin
LoJ:

Your post is quite true as far as religious faith or shall we say Blind faith is concerned. Yes Blind faith (which could be defined as believing what the Pastor/priest told you, or what was written in the religious book) needs to be recharged and the obedience/submission of the people has to be recycled afresh through classical/operating conditioning techniques.

However Genuine faith has nothing to do with religions and religious meetings. It is a living experience of the divine which produces absolute certainty. God created the world without a church or a Mosque or Temple. He therefore does not need them to save the world.

True faith is personal and does not require to belong to any religious movement. True faith does not castigate doubts, questions, analysis and criticism. It welcomes them and see therewith an opportunity to be more living, more knowledgeable, more true.

I do not belong to any religion, nor have I been to any church for a long time. It has not broken my belief, it rather reinforces them.

Cheers.

Beautiful piece.
I couldn't have said it better.

Even When I still believed in the existence of god, I considered religion , organized religion a great insult to god.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by hahn(m): 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:
grin

Beautiful piece.

Even When I still believed in the existence of god, I considered religion , organized religion a great insult to god.

Same here. There's a thin line between agnosticism and atheism though. The guy you quoted is closer to jumping over it than he even realizes grin
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by superior1: 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:
grin

Beautiful piece.

why and how?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2016
hahn:

Same here. There's a thin line between agnosticism and atheism though. The guy you quoted is closer to jumping over it than he even realizes grin
Except that I have already been an Atheist. grin

On a serious note, People should be allowed to believe whatever they are genuinely convinced about in their heart. With experience and time, they will see if their belief hold or not. Then they will change their beliefs, or stop being sincere about them. True Faith usually starts with a rejection of generally accepted beliefs.

Thus some people we brand as atheist/agnostic, when sincere are actually already on the path that will ultimately lead them to the recognition of God, in this life or the next.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Do you think there is a difference between faith and superstition ?

cc : plaetton
Faith and superstition are the same.

Faith is just a fancy name for superstition.

For example, Christians have faith that a white man, dead for 2000yrs, protects them.

African pagans like me have a superstition that that our long dead ancestors protect us.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Faith and superstition are the same.

Faith is just a fancy name for superstition.

For example, Christians have faith that a white man, dead for 2000yrs, protects them.

African pagans like me have a superstition that that our long dead ancestors protect us.

Well anticipated response .

Do you believe in astrology ?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by hahn(m): 11:07am On Jan 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Well anticipated response .

Do you believe in astrology ?

No I don't, Bubu grin. The astrological signs are just ancient explanations for temperaments.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Godwin2016: 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
plaetton:
Every statistic shows that atheists are in the far minority in almost every country .
I personally think that the opposite is the case.

Millions of christians all over the world will head to church today to recharge their faith, their commitment to their beliefs.
In both the older and new generation churches, the faithful would find other reasons to attend one or several church services during the weekdays.

So it's quite obvious that faith is not just holding a set of beliefs, but is actually a commitment to holding such beliefs.
As such, protecting the belief itself, from oneself, becomes the primary duty and preoccupation of the faithful.

Given the fact that christians come on this forum, and in fact every public forum, to promote and sell the veracity of their beliefs, I cannot but wonder why things that they accept with absolute certainty needs to be repeated, regurgitated and recharged every so often.

Who are the faithful afraid of?
Atheists?
Satan?
Or themselves?

Can atheists ever rob you of your absolute truth?
Can Satan ever rob you of your absolute truths?

I mean, you believe with certainty that god exists. So does the Sun, so does gravity, so does ultra violet radiation. So what is the big deal ?

Do I need to recharge my belief in gravity every single day? If I did that, wouldn't that be a sign that perhaps I am bit doubtful?

I find it hilarious that the same people who actively promote the belief that god and Jesus exist also promote the regular and necessary recharge of such beliefs.

For example, what would happen to a christian if he or she ceases to go to church or fellowship for recharge?
Would the faith battery die off?
If the faith dies or diminishes, then what happens to the absolute truths held ?
Do they remain truths or do they reconfigure and die off ?

Cc: kingebukasblog, winner01

I pity you. After death it's judgement. You may think you have time,but it might be too late.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by analice107: 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Oh sir ... its that simple

We are not afraid of the atheists , satanists . Its a relationship with God . It should grow and continue growing . Its like watering a plant or like in a marriage - keeping the love between you and your wife fresh . Does it mean the both of you are afraid of infidelity ?

2 Timothy 3:16 (ESV)

The scripture is described as breathed out by God - one needs oxygen to remain alive, it sustains life , we need to worship God and believe in him by faith to sustain our relationship with Him
Yes sir. Just like the atheist and Satanist needs to blaspheme God constantly to keep them from interference.

You know? I learned from Melin's thread that Satanist usually have interference from the spirit of God. And for them to Wort it off, they have to keep blaspheming against God.
This pleaton guy is sooooo, not an Atheist. He's a...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by analice107: 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
Speechless3:
To Christians faith is more than believing God exists. Its more like God living through you.

If hug you enh?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by malvisguy212: 4:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
plaetton:
Every statistic shows that atheists are in the far minority in almost every country .
I personally think that the opposite is the case.

Millions of christians all over the world will head to church today to recharge their faith, their commitment to their beliefs.
In both the older and new generation churches, the faithful would find other reasons to attend one or several church services during the weekdays.

So it's quite obvious that faith is not just holding a set of beliefs, but is actually a commitment to holding such beliefs.
As such, protecting the belief itself, from oneself, becomes the primary duty and preoccupation of the faithful.

Given the fact that christians come on this forum, and in fact every public forum, to promote and sell the veracity of their beliefs, I cannot but wonder why things that they accept with absolute certainty needs to be repeated, regurgitated and recharged every so often.

Who are the faithful afraid of?
Atheists?
Satan?
Or themselves?

Can atheists ever rob you of your absolute truth?
Can Satan ever rob you of your absolute truths?

I mean, you believe with certainty that god exists. So does the Sun, so does gravity, so does ultra violet radiation. So what is the big deal ?

Do I need to recharge my belief in gravity every single day? If I did that, wouldn't that be a sign that perhaps I am bit doubtful?

I find it hilarious that the same people who actively promote the belief that god and Jesus exist also promote the regular and necessary recharge of such beliefs.

For example, what would happen to a christian if he or she ceases to go to church or fellowship for recharge?
Would the faith battery die off?
If the faith dies or diminishes, then what happens to the absolute truths held ?
Do they remain truths or do they reconfigure and die off ?

Cc: kingebukasblog, winner01

one truth from the op, atheism and satanic are one, you are using the both to attack the believers. Atheists cannot have problem with faith just as you don't have problem with satan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by analice107: 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2016
LoJ:

I do not belong to any religion, nor have I been to any church for a long time. It has not broken my beliefs, it rather reinforces them.

Cheers.
Who be this one?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by analice107: 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2016
plaetton:
grin

Beautiful piece.

Ah did I hear pleaton say he believes in the existence of a god?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 4:16pm On Jan 18, 2016
Godwin2016:

I pity you. After death it's judgement. You may think you have time,but it might be too late.

Lol.
And for you, after death, your insurance policy gets redeemed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by plaetton: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2016
analice107:

Ah did I hear pleaton say he believes in the existence of a god?

When I did believe in the existence of god.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by malvisguy212: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2016
plaetton:

I stand corrected.
For all religions and faith operate in the same way. Same part of the brain is responsible.
So Christianity represents the entire gamut of religious behaviour.
The christian Faith is different from the rest religion. Because everybody believe in God mean they all have the same faith. Why did the bible say Faith ALONE cannot save you ? Because the bible want you to be sure of what you believe and active truth in it.
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
analice107:

Who be this one?
Hello Analice107.

I am nothing.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by zenith4biz(m): 9:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
Why should Lionel messi be going to training after winning 5 Ballon D'ors
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by ichommy(m): 4:59am On Jan 19, 2016
plaetton:

Lol. And for you, after death, your insurance policy gets redeemed.
grin
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Ranchhoddas: 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
zenith4biz:
Why should Lionel messi be going to training after winning 5 Ballon D'ors
Receive sense
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Santa Claus' gifts and Tooth fairy's dollar are from parents wink .
If only God's gifts were so easily appreciable and ascertained..
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by CoolUsername: 4:34pm On Jan 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Conspiracy ?

Let me tell you something you can add to your fun theories

Hackers have found their way into classified military docs in past times in their bid to discover if the govt were hiding ET encounters from the public . Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to research the truth about these findings

This post may self destruct

*Mission Impossible's music plays in the background*

You're one of these guys? Et tu? Dude, et tu?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
CoolUsername:

You're one of these guys? Et tu? Dude, et tu?

grin grin

But I dont let these things get to my head wink ... unlike ifenes undecided cheesy
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
hahn:

The astrological signs are just ancient explanations for temperaments.

You mean a tiny bit of it ?
Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by ifenes(m): 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin

But I dont let these things get to my head wink ... unlike ifenes undecided cheesy

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:01pm On Jan 19, 2016
ifenes:

Anything on the origin of the anunakis yet ?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Does Faith Need Regular Recharging? by hahn(m): 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You mean a tiny bit of it ?

No, I mean the whole of it. The explanation of temperament far exceeds the mysticism behind astrology

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? / German Catholics Face Excommunication Over Tithe Tax / 20 Characteristics Of The Spiritual Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.