Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School (32606 Views)

My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness / My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel / 16-Year-Old Zambian Student Breastfeed Her Baby During Examination In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by yollychika(f): 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
Everyday ma fight fight na undecided
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by Elbizzcklinz(m): 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
Guys...just few to share...
During my sch days ....I had this room amte who at mere look you will vouche for his innocency....I never knew I was leaving with a snake ...;point one of egede cult.....though when I travel, and come bk without letting anyone knw of my arrival...I would see more than 8 guys in my room....

Guys....just to cut the story short, it was a lesson, that it is never good to hv a room matre even if it is your cousin.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by bobolizim(m): 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
Actually I represent the great independence Hall,ui room c4...well,I don't how to start though but we were four in room a fresher(myself),a d.e student,finalist and a staylite...The finalist the first time we met we had quarrel due to space issue at the end the guy didn't even stay in our room but later found out he is cool...my best room mate is Peter.. the guy is just too cool we are the closest and we do Cook for each other sometimes well,in one word he's very nice and the last guy is a staylite....we are also close but not really like the other guy...he is also cool too and he did encourage me a lot when their were times I think I didn't think I can move on....I can never forget this quote of Abraham Lincoln's he told me"I have never failed in my life,it's either I win or I learn"
...lol,I never fail oo but sometimes I didn't get what I wanted

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by NakedEve: 7:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
Fortunately I had a male rummie. smiley
He couldn't stand a fine babe's body.
He was also smooching me almost every night.
One day I couldn't stand it any longer n then the fucking began.
Day n night he hit me hard.
I loved it kiss

Unfortunately he didn't know I was possessing him with demons throughout.

And now he treks the whole of Lagos selling drugs. cheesy
Chai. I HV destroyed his life. cool

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by JuicyGee(f): 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
gurunlocker:
I love privacy.... vow not to live with no friend again, they change after some months.....

So true, they all change.. I love privacy too, sometimes i wonder hw i'll cope if i get married, i dnt like sharing my space especially my bathroom
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by zukko(m): 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
Valeree:
my first room mate was such a daddy's girl and very rude too.
she brags and lies a lot and likes to tell people that I am squatting with her but never lets them know we each paid half of the rent, because she found the house first (a self con) she never likes to cook or clean and any time she hears me say stuff like "I'm going to my house, or "come to my house" my address is... she will rudely interrupt to tell the person that I'm just a squatter. that she's squatting me. she does that even in front of boys.
once we had a quarrel she started shouting at me saying that I have bitten the fingers that fed me and clothed me... it really annoyed me because I always made sure I bring food to that house and I never wear her clothes, they never fit cos She's bigger than me. but she always squeezes herself in mine and spoils all my nice clothes.
plus her father always comes unannounced to snoop on us to be sure we don't have boys in our room, and be telling me stuffs that if he ever find boys in our room that he will call my parents to tell them or he will ask the daughter to stop leaving with me. the funny thing was that from then on, anytime he visits he will find only me in the hostel even at odd hours.. at a time I stopped greeting him.
both the man and his daughter are not normal...I can't take that sh!!t from anybody......
you tried sha

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by woodboi(m): 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2016
justmenoni:
U are right but some people don't have the patience of learning

Then they have to face the consequences, I made my first mistake and I have to set my rules irrespective of the gossip around, but one thing I'm sure of is never to trade my happiness on the alter of friendship, just a mistake will or almost outweigh all the good you have ever done. Just be truthful and fair enough to the next soul.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by Respect55(m): 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
airmirthd1:
My roommates are simply lovely.... We were four in a very large room.
Rhoda,Ruth,Ruth and Regina..... I remember Rhoda for always walking around nude and the only time she'll have wrapper on her is when she hears that a guy wants to enter the hostel....And she always quarrel with Ruth......They fight and argue on anything and everything..
Regina is the igbo girl among us....I do enjoy the igbo meals prepared by her....She's kind of cool but tough is you ever trouble her or touch her things without her consent......and that happens with Rhoda.....
I'm the 2nd Ruth who settles any argument or quarrel amongst us, Says the truth when asked, peace and loving and the most cherished by my roommates that if I don't relate with any of them for a day, they won't have peace of mind..
Lest I forget the 1st Ruth is always talking about her boyfriend and she loves gisting....

Ur room mates r simple n lovely....... RHODA AND RUTH ALWAYS QUARREL AND FIGHT.

I no fit shout
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by jerrymej(m): 7:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
Interesting for nairaland to have cone up with such a nice thread!!

I enjoyed everything about my roommate except the fact that he's dirty, doesn't know how to cook, his own is if the mouth can accept the food the it's good to go.. I devoted my self and time to do the cleaning and tiding of the room, not more that a minute he'll turn things around, washing the back of pot as I do everyday is a sickness to him ( he hates it with passion, because he believes that the back of the pot doesn't contain the food, and he hates to see his palms to be black when scrubbing the back of the pot (often occurs when our gas ruin out and we use stove).. Picking the drops of food from where he eats is a problem, he'll tell you 'are you lying down there'? In honesty he doesn't have time for his body.

just that both of us have respect for each other, and we both feel shy for ourselves.

but I never for a day query him for been so rough and lazy....

now staying on my own and he begged to stay with me but I insist..

you miss a lot if you haven't stayed with a roommate.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by kingEllie: 7:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
Roommates topic.... Lol
I was in the hostel in secondary school from JSS1 - SS3..and in the University I stayed in the hostel from 100 - 400 level. Just started my Nysc and funny enough I stayed in Nccf family house for some weeks before I got an apartment with a friend. In a nutshell I have stayed with different caliber of people(Good, Bad and Ugly).. It has taught me alot and presently I don't think I can have issues staying with anybody at all... At the end of the day it's important to know what is important to you and be firm about it because it funny how people can influence u if u aren't careful.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by Nduemma12(m): 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
My room mate love using curri and ONGA to cook beans and soup, he says onga gives him the best aroma and sweet taste thats y he loves onga n curry.

At times, he spoils show when ever my babe comes and pretend to be reading without givin me any chance to play the banga.
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by agrovick(m): 7:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
Omaresh:
My roommate experiences are enough to start a TV series of 1000 episodes..
The good thing is that I can live peacefully under any circumstances!
Oya talk. Don't keep the gist to yourself
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by ePlanet: 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
never did! off k tru out . has a cuz who forewarned me about the stress of roomies
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by NarnieSnyper(m): 7:27pm On Jan 17, 2016
Omo, fvck roommate abeg. I stay alone and it rocks

i come home whenevr i want and meet my room just the way i left it.

I dont have to get 'benched' if my guy girl comesfor the weekend.

My foodstuff/provision can last more than a month.

I dnt have peace of mind 24/7,i dnt get to share anything with nobody.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by khassy(m): 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
CHARLESTON007:
Op urs is even good angry angry angry try sharing a room with a deeper life mofo who always demonize everything you do from singing so called(worldly songs) to how u talk and of u carry girl come room he go jst sit down de look una like film he prays from 2am to 4 in the morning and the other is more of a leech than a roommate he basically owns nothing in the room from soap to Slipper's guy how far ur toothpaste, soap ,haircream men do i hate them will be moving out soon before i murder person children

I vedeeper lifeboy ooooo... Sure say no be me be your roomie grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
I've always being very lucky with roomates grin
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by kristen12(f): 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
My roommates in my final year were the bomb.

We were 12 in the room because of the squatters and floaters but they were the best.
I miss all of them
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by Tycoflu(m): 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
Cool thread. Back then in Unn, first year was hell especially first week. Had like 7 official roommates and 4 squatters. Had to blend in by force and it was the best thing. Play game on lappy, general cooking on Sunday and argue non stop about religion other days. We had catholic, JW, Anglican, Gray msg, Sabbath and Pentecostal pastor all in same room. Alvan 109.

Second year was same mbanefo but was unlucky to have a kleptomaniac in our room. lost things from money , psp and wallet he stole from a jambito that came to write post ume. we slept in security post for 1 day. I said that's enough. moved into a BQ with my childhood friend from 300L - 400L.

Was not so lucky during service cuz I was with the worst Yoruba guy I have ever met.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by bqlekan(m): 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
eldeevee, should I burst the balloons? you remember your early morning fortifications grin 6 a.m. to be precise
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by segunoz(m): 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
Valeree:
my first room mate was such a daddy's girl and very rude too.
she brags and lies a lot and likes to tell people that I am squatting with her but never lets them know we each paid half of the rent, because she found the house first (a self con) she never likes to cook or clean and any time she hears me say stuff like "I'm going to my house, or "come to my house" my address is... she will rudely interrupt to tell the person that I'm just a squatter. that she's squatting me. she does that even in front of boys.
once we had a quarrel she started shouting at me saying that I have bitten the fingers that fed me and clothed me... it really annoyed me because I always made sure I bring food to that house and I never wear her clothes, they never fit cos She's bigger than me. but she always squeezes herself in mine and spoils all my nice clothes.
plus her father always comes unannounced to snoop on us to be sure we don't have boys in our room, and be telling me stuffs that if he ever find boys in our room that he will call my parents to tell them or he will ask the daughter to stop leaving with me. the funny thing was that from then on, anytime he visits he will find only me in the hostel even at odd hours.. at a time I stopped greeting him.
Babe, I know how you feel.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
quanternetz:
cnt stop laffing. Omotosho Abraham morawo John adeyemi yinka all of u God is watching u ooooo. I rep tedder A5@ ui

Topmost floor........ But I rep Kuti hall, hall of great men
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
Mrdecent:
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE LIVING WITH YOUR ROOM MATES IN SCHOOL

We were three in the room though the guys were not just roommates, we have been good friends before we gained admission. I Invited them to come and stay with me in sister's BQ at the quarters. One has been my friend since our pry school days and the other guy we met during one of my church outings.
I don’t like to share personal effects with people no matter the closeness, things like, towel, tooth brush, cloths and most especially bathing soap.
I don’t use sponge since my secondary school days because it increases my pimples at a geometric rate each time I use it. So, each time I take a bath I must use soap . I always make sure I have soap in abundant in my room.
Unfortunately, my other friends hate buying soap but love using soap to bath. I advised them to take a separate soup but just because I do keep mine at the bathroom they would never yield to my advice. I always come out of the bathroom angry every morning after seen different kind of long deterred body hair on my soap. After severally warring, I thought of what to do.

I called my mum at home to help me prepare black soup (ose dudu) in a black container without any label . when I brought the black soap down to school , I called my friends and I gave them some warnings about the soap that it was specially and specifically prepared for me by a spiritualist and the instruction was that I must not use it with anybody . They all said they have heard without any argument.
To my surprise the following morning they all took their bath before me and lo and behold they didn’t even use the old soap that was left in the bathroom ,they all used the new black soap I brought from home . I was so angry ,that I didn’t talk to them for like two weeks . funny enough, all the periods they were using my black soap day and night . when I confronted them about these ,they apologised and said they only wanted to share in the good luck and fortune the soap will bring to me eventually and that if na to pass exams say dem wan pass too , that if na to get money ,they wan get too and if na fine girl juju soap that they equally deserve it . I gentled immediately. Anyway that was the beginning of using black soap in the room because it was cheaper and no need to see hair on soap again.

Please share a similar experience.

Dominique, lalasticlala
Lol!I hate to dey share some things with person ehn! If i were to be you,I would have been buying them soaps to use and I know those spirits inside them will still want them to use mine,then I will always remove it and my sponge from bathroom after bath and keep it very very well!
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by Shamillionaire(m): 7:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
My roommates makes me to resume skul early cos when we are on semester break am missing them a lot we 8 in the room we are like brothers though am the only Muslim among them that was my best room in skul I always remember Isreal he cooked for me during fasting period cos I was broke l always remember you brother we are brothers from different mothers

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
airmirthd1:
My roommates are simply lovely.... We were four in a very large room.
Rhoda,Ruth,Ruth and Regina..... I remember Rhoda for always walking around nude and the only time she'll have wrapper on her is when she hears that a guy wants to enter the hostel....And she always quarrel with Ruth......They fight and argue on anything and everything..
Regina is the igbo girl among us....I do enjoy the igbo meals prepared by her....She's kind of cool but tough is you ever trouble her or touch her things without her consent......and that happens with Rhoda.....
I'm the 2nd Ruth who settles any argument or quarrel amongst us, Says the truth when asked, peace and loving and the most cherished by my roommates that if I don't relate with any of them for a day, they won't have peace of mind..
Lest I forget the 1st Ruth is always talking about her boyfriend and she loves gisting....
Wow!you wouldn't have said anything bad about yourself though and I would have done the same thing also.Just joking though! I can't even have a roommate, never, I am not in school anymore though,I love having my space.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by SirLewis(m): 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
wittyt98:

I'm currently roommate to an SK or weed addict ...... .he's a nice guy gentle easy going nd hardworking tho ... buh I just hate or dislike the fact that he smokes too much ... it won't be up to an hour after he has finished smoking he has gone to buy another one bible or half bubble nd start smoking again ...... nd yea hes a cult freak .... he loves being around those cult guys .... I'm suspecting him tho ...... buh he's sha a nice guy ...... buh still I'm planning on moving out at the end of the semester ........ his lifestyle is too rugged for my liking .... I love doing things low key ... buh he's always bringing kush addicts to the house they start playing music with the sound system nd dance nd smoke ....... he actually made me smoke once tho buh I don't wanna do it again is why I wanna leave ...cus whenever I try to feel among my conscience won't just let me be .... I'll just he seeing my moms face nd those warnings will just be banging in my head .there was a time I went to a party with him and other friends nd I almost got arrested ... we were returning home late around 2am then the police started chasing us .... when I got home that day u so thanked God ...cus I really don't know what I'll tell my parents ...
Bros abeg jeje carry your load go another place. Forget nice guy, cuz he sure as hell will forget you if you both get arrested and his homies come to collect while they leave you with Presido in cell.
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by Luxiana19(f): 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Roomates will teach you mad ass tolerance oo . One time, my very very dirty roommate made oat and left it for weeks in the room like that. The smell was unbelievably disgusting. My other Roomates had to put the pot on her bed which led to world war 3; but she finally washed it.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by Fulaboy(m): 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2016
MuhdG:
My room mate doesn't know that its cool to plug in earpiece and watch your movie jejely without laughing out loud in the middle of the night when I'm trying to have 6 hours sleep before waking up to prepare for 8:30am class.
you cant sleep with me grin
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by HaneefahRN(f): 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
I had such wonderful roommates in my first year. Bunch of characters, our room was always lively except during exams when everyone scatters. We were 5 in no but one was fond of staying out late, she was the closest to me tho, we talked wt her, advice her and all, she didn't change, she'll come and be banging the door on her head at odd hours, the day my other roommates decided to teach her a lesson, we all heard her knocking but didn't ans, she called my phone repeatedly, she dared nt call my other roommates, I felt like going to open the door (Miss nice) but my other roommates had already warned me very well and I also kinda of supported their actions. Pple from other rooms came, knock and knock and knock we didn't open o, she had to sleep somewhere else, the next day she knew better than to stay out late.
I can remember all the crazy days too, doing stupid make- ups, and dressing like weirdos. We were all Muslims too, so we always mop our floor well, so we cld pray anytime, so our room was like the only room in the hostel, u can't just barge into wt ur shoes on. I miss those crazy girls so much.
I don't usually av problem wt roommates, I like to think I can live wt many personalities relatively peacefully.
In sec sch tho, while I was in junior class, I resumed 2nd term so I was fixed wt seniors rather than my mates. And I was a confirmed sleepo, I can remember one nyt when a senior woke me up in the mid-nyt and told me it was time for dining, I grabbed my plate and was also trying to go out of the hostel b4 they pulled me back, they made fun of me ehn

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by patrickmuf(m): 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
Still have fond memories of my room mates...Kcee, Nctrice, Gattuso, Ib, Arrow and all the other dudes that shared a room with me at Malabor, Unical...I don meet characters sha!
Nicholas aka Nctrice and Gattuso will always prefer spaghetti and egg even when boiz were broke, Kcee was the master of beans...
Gattuso was quite popular cos of his love for football, dude eats like a lion...
Arrow was the garri master, dude will use fry eggs and use it as soup if there was no soup just to eat eba...
Ib was cool, he was the money bag...
Still in touch with them all tho!
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
Respect55:

Ur room mates r simple n lovely....... RHODA AND RUTH ALWAYS QUARREL AND FIGHT.

I no fit shout

Thanks
Re: Share Your Experience Living With Your Room Mates In School by baba11(m): 7:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
Well,I stayed with friends during my school days and they usually wanted things to be doing in their own way until I discovered myself and I came to the conclusion that living alone is far than cohabiting with anyone for me.

Funny aspect of it is that someone you're better off academically or in intelligence will want to be 'pushing' you around and want you to do his biddings always.

School life is good but better roommates can make it BEST!!! shocked cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Covenant University Expels Over 200 Students / Jamb's Additional 40 Marks, A Bonus Or Compensation? / Nigerian Student Breaks World Record, Scores 4.0 / 4.0 In Turkish University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.