Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Distant Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships (1009 Views)

The Truth About Distant Relationships / Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! / The Bitter Truth For Guys Trying To Maintain Distant Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distant Relationships by Smartguy001(m): 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2016
Distance often time makes u loose interest in something, other times it strengthens and taste ur ability to withstand certain situations, at times u have mix reactions other times u take wrong turns hmmmmm, anyways the reason for creating dis trend is to get d opinion of oda Fellow NLDERS on dis matter (Distant Relationship) have u bin in one before and how did u manage it or is distant relationship a bad idea ?

Mature Suggestions are welcomed topic not 4shallow minds pls
Re: Distant Relationships by SINNZ(m): 3:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
Takes a certain level of trust, maturity and commitment to be able to maintain a relationship with someone far away from you. It depends on you tho.. Cos as jealous as I am, I can't date someone far away from me except I've got no doubts about her integrity. #BuhariStyle cool

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships by cruzita(f): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
I'm not a fan of long distance relationship because even short one never survive finish
Re: Distant Relationships by Twaci(f): 3:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
Well, its not entirely a bad thing (unless u are an extremely jealous person) and can be handled nicely if you are truly interested and in love with your partner.

Before you venture into it, u should ask yourself these questions:

1. Will you be able to resist temptation whenever she's not around?

2. Do you trust her enough to be a "good girl" whenever she's not with you?

3. Would u be able to maintain a healthy communication between u two regardless of the distance?

4. Is it really worth it?

Ponder through these so that u won't waste ur time on something you can't manage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distant Relationships by yinkus4u2c(f): 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
I decide not to give my opinion as regards the topic because of the last line of this thread... Shallow minds? That's mean and makes you sound immature :-XI #okbye
Re: Distant Relationships by Nightie(f): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
Distant relationships ain't too bad sha. Trust is d key thing der tho'. Witout trust, itz lyk u're jst wasting ur tym hanging on dat person.

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
What distance is enough to call the relationship "distant".

Lagos to Ibadan!? (2hrs)
Lagos to Abuja (45mins)
Lagos to UK (6hrs)?...
Or even within Lagos where you'll drive 4hrs kn a bad day?

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships by kaziblake(f): 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
I prefer long distance relationship, you get to see each other once in a while.
There would be respect in the relationship and most importantly no free puna everyday.

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
Its ok but na hell
Re: Distant Relationships by Laveda(f): 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
Its not really bad...but going into it with an extremely jealous person? That's a no no....

It really has to do with trust and good communication
And it should be worth it...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Distant Relationships by ayogabriel(m): 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
kaziblake:
I prefer long distance relationship, you get to see each other once in a while.
There would be respect in the relationship and most importantly no free puna everyday.

And when you eventually get married ?
Re: Distant Relationships by ayogabriel(m): 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
If am building an existing relationship on distance, I guess I wouldn't mind the distance, but a new fresh relationship? No go area for me.
Re: Distant Relationships by kaziblake(f): 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
ayogabriel:

And when you eventually get married ?
I will join him at his base.
Re: Distant Relationships by Michizzy(f): 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
It's the best
Re: Distant Relationships by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2016
Nothing is bad unless u with sumone who knos ur weakness bt wont use it against u or as a point of mockery

Well its dis generation so i wont say mch

I just wish all dose in a distant relationship

Happiness

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships by Smartguy001(m): 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
yinkus4u2c:
I decide not to give my opinion as regards the topic because of the last line of this thread... Shallow minds? That's mean and makes you sound immature :-XI #okbye

Some kids come into trends and jst say nonsense dats y I used dat statement...hope u understand wink
Re: Distant Relationships by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
You have got to say for how long. undecided 6 months? 1 year? 2 years? 5 years?
Re: Distant Relationships by myfantasies(f): 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
I have not been in one before

But if i am, i am willing to give it my all to make it work

I know it will be hard, but i am willing to give it a try
Re: Distant Relationships by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
And ppl will repeat the same ol' story over again
Re: Distant Relationships by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
I can't engage myself in a distant or long distance relationship

(1) (Reply)

Does Bleaching Makes A Girl Look Clean? / (Photo) Which one is more important to you? / Give this picture a title.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.