Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Telecommunications Professionals Zone - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Telecommunications Professionals Zone (112523 Views)

PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications / Human Resource Professionals: / Cwna & Telecommunications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by salihuali1(m): 11:35am On Jun 14, 2010
Advanced Transmission Engineering AUG 9-13 5 days Lagos, Nigeria $1,000 shocked!

Its worth the invetsment if you have the means anyways

TR-TE-02: Advanced Transmission Engineering

Download PDF

Prerequisite

TR-SD-01 and TR-TE-01 courses
Basic microwave principles and job experience
Path Loss software program
A laptop is required to complete the tasks associated with the course
Each student must bring an IBM compatible laptop PC and have administrator rights on the PC.

Objectives

At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
Analyze path profiles from topographic data
Upload topographic data from the Internet
Design simple paths as per industry standards
Profile a path
Prepare a frequency plan

Course Content

Introduction and General Considerations
Path Analysis and Design
Software Design tools
Microwave Propagation
Interference Analysis
System Availability and Performance
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by cecegorz(m): 12:24pm On Jun 18, 2010
Wow, it looks like I've been out of here for ages.

Chief Ajanlekoko, what's up in the telcos?
Any serious improvement coming in the area of QoS?

That reminds me, we've not heard much about your Trans atlantic fibre trunk that was supposed to make us enjoy internet like the Silicon Valley residents    

Or those adverts was just another stunt by Chief to gain more subscribers?

saviola24:

@Ajalenkoko,Cecegoz,Salihu,all. i hv been folowin dis telco thread creatd by Aj 4a very long time &i must confes dt u pple ar doin a great job,atleast it gvs us d fresh graduates hope dat d future is bright 4telco engrs.more pwer 2ur elbows.i graduated last yr 4rm 1 of d uni in d east wit 2.1 in ECE, pls my problm nw is dat i need a place where i can fix myself 2work,i have experienc in basic networking. pls continue 4rm nxt comment

Bros, congrats for making it out of the jungle in one piece! The future is surely bright for you. There was an opening lately but it was for ONDs/HNDs.
Just keep your fingers crossed and keep networking with people in your career path, it won't be long.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by afrobaby(f): 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2010
I need a job in any IT/telecoms, I am a computer science graduate, presently during my CCNA training, I really need the job,anyone that can help, I will be so grateful. I can be contacted on adebimpe35@yahoo.com
thx
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by saviola24: 10:33am On Jun 21, 2010
@cecegoz,thanks alot for d info,am keeping my fingers crossed oh my broda,pls can u 4ward ur email add to talk2skippo@gmail.com for further contacts pls
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by saviola24: 10:34am On Jun 21, 2010
@cecegoz,thanks alot for d info,am keeping my fingers crossed oh my broda,pls can u 4ward ur email add to talk2skippo@gmail.com for further contacts pls
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by cecegorz(m): 11:36am On Jun 21, 2010
^^^
U got mail.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 11:16am On Jun 22, 2010
cecegorz:

Wow, it looks like I've been out of here for ages.

Chief Ajanlekoko, what's up in the telcos?
Any serious improvement coming in the area of QoS?

That reminds me, we've not heard much about your Trans atlantic fibre trunk that was supposed to make us enjoy internet like the Silicon Valley residents    

Or those adverts was just another stunt by Chief to gain more subscribers?

Bro, I no dey work for Glo. Why you think say I dey work for Glo?
Anyway Main One is almost here. No mind Baba and his genje cable.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 24, 2010
pls Ajanlekoko, is there any future for those who read economics but interested in telecoms jobs ( i mean the technical aspects like site engineers, server maintenance engineers and infrastructure maintenance and design. even though i hv networking experience but hv not yet taken CCNA exams yet. I hv been into computers for like 9 years now (working in cyber cafes, repairing systems, ) what do u think? I really want to major in CISCO security aspect
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 24, 2010
, am just preparing for my NYSC this year
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by infotechg: 10:26am On Jun 25, 2010
@Ajalenkoko,Cecegoz,Salihu, and all of you wonderful guys, thanks for such a very educative and informative thread. I've been going through the thread from the beginning, it took me quite a while to get to this point in the thread. I must confess that I have learnt a lot from all of you.

I am at a crossroad now and I need all your help to make an important decision. I studied EEE in undergrad, then I had interest in the telecoms industry, did some cisco stuffs then, but I developed a passion for programming and I am just about to finish an M.Sc in Software Engineering in one month. Meanwhile, I just got an offer from a major ISP in Nigeria (based on my first degree, they dont know about my M.Sc). The job involves core data networks (mpls, vpns, wimax, etc), which I have a good foundation to thrive in. My dilema is that if I take up the job, I think my Msc in SE might become irrelevant or not related to the type of experience I would get from the job. I really want to be focused but having several unrelated degrees and experience in my CV might not be ok. (my thoughts, I might be wrong). On the other hand, I dont want to go back home and start roaming the streets looking for a job when I am done with my M.Sc as I am supposed to resume the job immediately I finish my masters, although I am looking out for other SE opportunities.

Please friends, I need your advice.

Thanks
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 10:56am On Jun 25, 2010
ejikemeuwa:

pls Ajanlekoko, is there any future for those who read economics but interested in telecoms jobs ( i mean the technical aspects like site engineers, server maintenance engineers and infrastructure maintenance and design. even though i hv networking experience but hv not yet taken CCNA exams yet. I hv been into computers for like 9 years now (working in cyber cafes, repairing systems, ) what do u think? I really want to major in CISCO security aspect

So do the exams.
Forget your first degree. Do the Cisco certifications, get out there and look for an opportunity to prove yourself.

infotechg:

@Ajalenkoko,Cecegoz,Salihu, and all of you wonderful guys, thanks for such a very educative and informative thread. I've been going through the thread from the beginning, it took me quite a while to get to this point in the thread. I must confess that I have learnt a lot from all of you.

I am at a crossroad now and I need all your help to make an important decision. I studied EEE in undergrad, then I had interest in the telecoms industry, did some cisco stuffs then, but I developed a passion for programming and I am just about to finish an M.Sc in Software Engineering in one month. Meanwhile, I just got an offer from a major ISP in Nigeria (based on my first degree, they dont know about my M.Sc). The job involves core data networks (mpls, vpns, wimax, etc), which I have a good foundation to thrive in. My dilema is that if I take up the job, I think my Msc in SE might become irrelevant or not related to the type of experience I would get from the job. I really want to be focused but having several unrelated degrees and experience in my CV might not be ok. (my thoughts, I might be wrong). On the other hand, I dont want to go back home and start roaming the streets looking for a job when I am done with my M.Sc as I am supposed to resume the job immediately I finish my masters, although I am looking out for other SE opportunities.

Thanks

I feel you, friend. However, I don't think you are losing anything by taking up that offer. And I'll use myself to explain why.

I have a Bsc in EE and a Masters in Control Engineering. I chose control engineering for postgrad, primarily because that was my 500L option, and what I did my project in. I did a couple of industrial attachments in the manufacturing environment, and one in an IT company. For me, it was logical to go into industrial control electronics.

However, when I was doing the postgrad, I was actually working as a programmer in a software house, nothing to do with control engineering. I ended up in electronic payments, and later in telecoms. I never worked formally in the industrial electronics environment post-school, though I got one or two offers. I opted to stay in IT and Telecoms.
But I don't think the second degree was a waste. In fact I am doing a consult currently that has to do with industrial automation, for a telecom outfit. The knowledge is always a plus.

Go for the ISP job. It's too early to determine where you will end up. The beauty of EE is that the skills are interoperable. The more you know, the better an engineer you will be. You will definitely learn stuff there.
Personally I even think we Nigerians are not that well-read, when it comes to the technical area. I have met Indians with 5 degrees, many with PhDs.

1 Like

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by infotechg: 11:16am On Jun 25, 2010
Thanks Ajanlekoko for your response. I will consider your suggestions thoroughly.

Thanks once again.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by bnettel: 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2010
@infotechg

Go for the ISP job. U dont have anything to loose. You can never know where you would end up and there's no limit to what u can accomplish. You have a good background to take up the job. U are very fortunate
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Darayola(m): 10:19am On Jun 29, 2010
Does anyone has Vacancy for Industrial Training Attachment, I study computer science, my phone number is: 07026913485, Your response would gladly be appreciated. Kindly help me
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by bodsibobo(m): 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2010
I need a telecoms person based in Nairobi, Kenya, anyone in the house?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AJ2010: 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2010
@Ajanlekoko

I'm new on nairaland. I've been following your threads on here and would really like to correspond with you. I am a British chap in software development with keen interest in the Nigerian IT sector. I currently work as a Consultant in one of London's top financial services. My e-mail is andy.j2010@hotmail.com grateful if you could please send me yours and i'll write you on what i'm about.

many thanks wink
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2010
AJ2010:

@Ajanlekoko

I'm new on nairaland. I've been following your threads on here and would really like to correspond with you. I am a British chap in software development with keen interest in the Nigerian IT sector. I currently work as a Consultant in one of London's top financial services. My e-mail is andy.j2010@hotmail.com grateful if you could please send me yours and i'll write you on what i'm about.

many thanks wink

Hi AJ2010,
I sent you an add request on Yahoo Messenger.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AJ2010: 9:57pm On Jul 01, 2010
Hey AjanleKoko,

Thanks for your reply. I actually use andyj.2010@yahoo.com for messenger. I'd be grateful if you could add me with that address.

I look forward to speaking with you,

Andy
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by chinedu78(m): 5:16am On Jul 02, 2010
PLS WHICH COMPANY IN NIGERIA USE THE 0709 NUMBER.I KNOW MTN USES 0803 AND 0806.which one uses 0709,is it multilinks,visa,zain.pls reply ASAP.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by cecegorz(m): 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2010
infotechg:

Thanks

I'll advise that you pitch in with the core networks environment. In Nigeria's job space today, nobody cares what you read mostly as a fresher because most folks have piles of degrees and certifications without a day of hands on experience to boot.
I've had some of my superiors head diff. units at diff. times. You will find all your diverse knowldge base come to bear as you move on in the job, but never while you sit at home. Once you get started, you never can tell where you'll end up. The most important thing is to break Inertia.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by visitamyu(m): 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2010
@Ajanlekoko, hav been on NL for quite sometimes &i do follow & enjoy ur professional contributions 2 telecoms/engineering topics. Am a 400level student of elect/elect engr'g billed 2 hav startd my industrial training since two month ago but 2 no avail (promises upon promises) cos i dont have long leg. As a professional, i want you to pls help me with any telecom company you know as i only have 4month left. My email is: visitamyu@yahoo.com. I will appreciate it if you can mail urs to me so i'll be able to forward my CV to you. Thanks
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Olaisrich(m): 2:13am On Jul 08, 2010
Fellow NL, i learnt that GLOBACOM has secure licences to operate both in Ivory Coast and Senega,. I'm a site Engineer who thouroughly understands but not limited to GLO specifications from start to finish. I have a vast experience on various foundation design range from roof-top to 100m Tower,be it MAST PROJECT,AFRICAN TOWER,PALM TREE, ANDREW SATCOM and so on. To all contractors who may have links to those new grounds or in Nigeria should contact me. I am presntly working in Ghana, +233240077252 or +233201596031 or you can mail on olaisthinklyrich@yahoo.com
INTEGRITY IS OUR WATCH WORD!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Darayola(m): 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2010
Pls, Does anyone know which company is recruiting Students for Industrial Attachment? I've searched places for IT attachment but to know avail, if u do, kindly notify me asap. Thank you.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by ijereijere: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2010
Am impressed NIGERIA!!!.
I can see the core of the discussion's Telecommunications. Lets be liberal, ICT Professionals Zone should be more like it.
I am a CEH(v6), CCNA, RHCE(EL5), SCSA(OS10) and an OCP. And am thinking it'll be very educational if we just thread ICT,
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by goodboybad(m): 1:32am On Jul 22, 2010
@ Ajanlekoko et al
Im interested in the ICT industry, and I am presently jobhunting (just finished NYSC). A friend of mine who is a former staff of kpmg advised me to apply there. I went to their website and I saw stuff like Tax, Advisory etc, and I was wondering, what's an engineer got to do with all this? So here's the question: do you know anything about the role someone like me (an electronic engineer leaning towards ICT) would have in a consulting firm like kpmg.
thx, and looking forward to your reply.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 8:43am On Jul 22, 2010
visitamyu:

@Ajanlekoko, hav been on NL for quite sometimes &i do follow & enjoy your professional contributions 2 telecoms/engineering topics. Am a 400level student of elect/elect engr'g billed 2 hav startd my industrial training since two month ago but 2 no avail (promises upon promises) cos i dont have long leg. As a professional, i want you to pls help me with any telecom company you know as i only have 4month left. My email is: visitamyu@yahoo.com. I will appreciate it if you can mail urs to me so i'll be able to forward my CV to you. Thanks

Somehow I don't know how I missed this. Apologies, bro. I'm not sure I can help, as I seem to have loads of people in the same category on my hands, and no joy yet. Things are a bit tight.

goodboybad:

@ Ajanlekoko et al
Im interested in the ICT industry, and I am presently jobhunting (just finished NYSC). A friend of mine who is a former staff of kpmg advised me to apply there. I went to their website and I saw stuff like Tax, Advisory etc, and I was wondering, what's an engineer got to do with all this? So here's the question: do you know anything about the role someone like me (an electronic engineer leaning towards ICT) would have in a consulting firm like kpmg.
thx, and looking forward to your reply.

Well, that's a different career entirely. They are more into finance and consulting/advisory services, not engineering.
Maybe it would help if you told us what your personal interests were. Then we can provide some reasonable advice smiley
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by YOMISAP: 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2010
Dear Professionals,

On march 2010, the Nigerian house of senate approved Business Analysis into the main stream of professional body and also approved to use the designated word "Chattered". This approval presents an opportunity to the interested and qualified Nigerians to augment their professional portfolio with internationally recognized Business Analysis certification.

Business Analysts are required in every organization as they provide tremendous value to the growth and continuity of the Business. With a Business Analysis Expert, an organization is well positioned even in the face of fiece competition. A Business Analyst review the business scope, strategy and future goal and reccomend the best strategy to initiate for the ultimate realization of the organizational objectives.

Business Analysts are in high demand and their value is never under-estimated across the continent.

In lieu of the above, Abaster Consulting and Training Ltd, a subsidiary of Abaster Consulting firm Canada has been approved by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) to offer Business Analysis program in Nigeria . IIBA is the body that regulates Business Analysis in the world.
For more information please send us an email at info@abasterconsulting.com.

Our SAP Training cut across all modules!!! Thanks
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by goodboybad(m): 12:40am On Jul 24, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Somehow I don't know how I missed this. Apologies, bro. I'm not sure I can help, as I seem to have loads of people in the same category on my hands, and no joy yet. Things are a bit tight.

Well, that's a different career entirely. They are more into finance and consulting/advisory services, not engineering.
Maybe it would help if you told us what your personal interests were. Then we can provide some reasonable advice smiley

@ Ajanlekoko
My personal interests would be ICT and telecoms. I took the ccna exam early this year, and I'll soon start preparing for the ccnp. I heard that kpmg does some consulting work for telecom firms, I dont know if that would require them to hire and train people with expertise in that area
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 5:56am On Jul 24, 2010
goodboybad:

@ Ajanlekoko
My personal interests would be ICT and telecoms. I took the ccna exam early this year, and I'll soon start preparing for the ccnp. I heard that kpmg does some consulting work for telecom firms, I dont know if that would require them to hire and train people with expertise in that area

The consulting done by KPMG doesn't include tech advisory. Mostly HR and Finance stuff. KPMG is not a tech firm.
My advice, if you're not under serious money pressure, take some time and focus on the CCNP, and look for a job in that area.
KPMG offers a very rewarding career in audit, advisory, and consulting services, but if that's not your thing, it's not your thing.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by oyesema: 2:13pm On Aug 11, 2010
Hello house,I love this forum it has impacted on so many life,please lets keep the flag flying .Please I need BOSON 7 netsim crack can anybody help.thanks.my mail is oyesema@hotmail.com.1 luv.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (32) (Reply)

How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / Meet Abdullahi Lawal, EFCC Official Who Rejected N100M Bribe From Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.