Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Telecommunications Professionals Zone - Career (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Telecommunications Professionals Zone (112845 Views)

PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications / Human Resource Professionals: / Cwna & Telecommunications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by frendme: 8:01am On Aug 12, 2010
Mr Ajanlekoko, its nice having someone like you on naira land. Am Olaiya Omoniyi by name, residing here in Lagos. i finished my OND in Acounting in 2007 after which i went in for what i love passionately which is trainging on Hardware and today, by God grace, i now rpair Laptops and phones. plz am not satisfy with what i have achieve so far and i want more on this IT. like netwoeking, pabx, cctv, vsat, vpn etc. i cant just do without it, i need your help in anyway you think you can come into my resque plz. i will be glad to meet with you one on one. my contact remain : neyo100@yahoo.com, 08034687494. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sir, God bless as i wait for your quick response
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 8:41am On Aug 12, 2010
frendme:

Mr Ajanlekoko, its nice having someone like you on naira land. Am Olaiya Omoniyi by name, residing here in Lagos. i finished my OND in Acounting in 2007 after which i went in for what i love passionately which is trainging on Hardware and today, by God grace, i now rpair Laptops and phones. plz am not satisfy with what i have achieve so far and i want more on this IT. like netwoeking, pabx, cctv, vsat, vpn etc. i cant just do without it, i need your help in anyway you think you can come into my resque plz. i will be glad to meet with you one on one. my contact remain : neyo100@yahoo.com, 08034687494. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sir, God bless as i wait for your quick response

Nice to hear. But can you be more specific? What sort of assistance do you need?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by goldenboi(m): 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2010
Mr Ajanlekoko,
I just discovered this section of the forum a few days ago and it turned out to be exactly what i have been looking for. I am certainly going to pursue a career in the services layer section, haven previously had my internship at that particular section. For now, i'm awaiting service and i need a kind of direction on how to pursue a career in that line, i have my linux certification and i am working on my cisco certifications( cash has been a major factor), i'm thinking of getting a job but dont want just any job, how do you think i can proceed, also if you have a job for me i would not really mind, please u can contact me via 08030794302 or chess_guru14@yahoo.com
I'm waiting for your reply, thanks
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2010
goldenboi:

Mr Ajanlekoko,
I just discovered this section of the forum a few days ago and it turned out to be exactly what i have been looking for. I am certainly going to pursue a career in the services layer section, haven previously had my internship at that particular section. For now, i'm awaiting service and i need a kind of direction on how to pursue a career in that line, i have my linux certification and i am working on my cisco certifications( cash has been a major factor), i'm thinking of getting a job but dont want just any job, how do you think i can proceed, also if you have a job for me i would not really mind, please u can contact me via 08030794302 or chess_guru14@yahoo.com
I'm waiting for your reply, thanks

What did you study?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by frendme: 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2010
with my little experience on IT i.e hardware only. I long and look forward to gain more experience on networking, v sat installation, pa bx, CCTV etc,  i will appreciate if you can get me a place to work where all this IT professional work is been carried out as part of their services even if am not paid, its OK by me, i only need the knowledge so that i can stand on my own someday because i don't have the cash to use in going for the training and the only certificate i have is my OND in Accounting but i don't wish to work in that line except IT only, the love of my life. i love IT with all my heart.

Thanks for your quick response and i pray that God will hear you when you call on Him.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by goldenboi(m): 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2010
Sorry for the late reply, I studied Computer Engineering and finished with a 2:1,
waiting to hear from you.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by nanachi: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2010
please i need help.i'v been searchig eor a place for industrial training in abuja for 2 months now wit no result.i have barely 4 months to go.i'm a computer engineering student.08064451430 and nomsyks@yahoo.com are my contact.pls someone should help me out
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by BSF: 8:49am On Aug 19, 2010
@AjanleKoko

Good Day. Your contributions and mentoring on Nairaland is wonderful. As you are rendering this selfless service, nature will continue to reward you much more. I am encouraged with your postings.

I need your input on these:

I read CS, currently work(>= 3yrs)in a Satellite coy. I have experience in VSAT installation & commissioning( HUGHES Platform), Hub(Hughes) Management ;using optical equipments like Agilent Spectrum analyser for Carrier Spectrum Management; router configuration e.t.c.I want to come into mainstream Telco. What is the best way for me to come into Telco? Someone asked me to consider training in transport Technology like DWDM. I am passionate about anything networking.I need your counsel. I will provide answers to further clarification questions.Looking forward to your reply.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 11:28am On Aug 19, 2010
goldenboi:

Sorry for the late reply, I studied Computer Engineering and finished with a 2:1,
waiting to hear from you.

I will be on the lookout. Market is a bit slow for now.

BSF:

I read CS, currently work(>= 3yrs)in a Satellite coy. I have experience in VSAT installation & commissioning( HUGHES Platform), Hub(Hughes) Management ;using optical equipments like Agilent Spectrum analyser for Carrier Spectrum Management; router configuration e.t.c.I want to come into mainstream Telco. What is the best way for me to come into Telco? Someone asked me to consider training in transport Technology like DWDM. I am passionate about anything networking.I need your counsel. I will provide answers to further clarification questions.Looking forward to your reply.

The first thing is: You're already in telecom. I presume you are referring to the mobile operators, cos these are the dominant players in Nigeria.
With your skills, your destination is obviously transport networks. You can attend any of the transport networks trainings that Aviat (former Harris Stratex) is running, to enhance your CV. But I think it's not only the mobile operators that can benefit you. Companies like Aviat, Suburban, Gateway, and so on are long distance carriers that pay good salaries and offer good experience.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by goldenboi(m): 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2010
@Ajanlekoko Thanks very much,
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2010
I am interested in going into gsm and all gsm related biz but I still need more ideas in this field and also in dear need of financing to do this biz . I really don't mind if any of the gsm network can assist me with funds for this biz or any private investor who can either grant me loan or invest in this biz for profit . my phone is 08023095262
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by mizbelle: 10:39am On Aug 27, 2010
I have 4 years experience as an RF engineer, in optimization, drive test data collection and analysis, using nemo, tems investigation and route analysis and , proficient in Map Info and more
if anybody wants to understudy u gats to pay.
email ebelle0112@yahoo.ca , i live in ABJ
thanks ya all

is there a forum telecoms / Rf engineers can brainstorm here in NR??
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 11:55am On Aug 27, 2010
mizbelle:

I have 4 years experience as an RF engineer, in optimization, drive test data collection and analysis, using nemo, tems investigation and route analysis and , proficient in Map Info and more
if anybody wants to understudy u gats to pay.
email ebelle0112@yahoo.ca , i live in ABJ
thanks ya all

is there a forum telecoms / Rf engineers can brainstorm here in NR??

Welcome,
Here is as good a place as any. Share your experiences.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by UcLloyd1(m): 8:04am On Aug 28, 2010
@AjanleKoko, Big ups, now i know people fail in life because of lack of information, Am an EEE student in one of the tech uni in d east. am currently doing my 6months IT in a building site (too badd, i had no choice, 2months gone) am learning wiring and fittings,for 6months, pffffff. am in option Communication in my school. My problems are, One, i really need exposure in my IT, but Abuja is quite tight, any recommendation as where an EEE Communication option student can do his IT in Abuja??

Secondly, i intend to do my post grad on ICT, am considering UK,USA or Canada, But UK will be easier for me, as i have sponsors there, So, which of these three mentioned countries will be good for one to do his post grad, and is ICT really the right program When it comes to experience in my field, Is zero for me, i believe i can still change that fact.

Thirdly, whats the degree attainable for one applying for a post grad program in schools abroad, is it bad that i focus on making good grades in school, even when most come by crook I was told that an EEE student must grad with a 2:1 before he/she gets a job or further his education abroad, so that's what am doing without minding how i go about it, I really need you to read my write-ups and right my wrongs plz, as i really want to change, after i read all you all said here, (i didn't even grab most of the words u all said, as an engineer in the making?Huh, i feel so bad)

NB:all body who understands and has advice can still drop, i will so much appreciate it, thanx
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by saviola24: 12:18pm On Aug 29, 2010
hi Ajalenkoko,pls kindly remind me d name of dat site where one can diagonize health relatd issues,am thinkin if its www.diagnize-me.com, pls reply wit d corect domain name.thanks
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by saviola24: 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2010
hi Ajalenkoko,pls kindly remind me d name of dat site where one can diagonize health relatd issues,am thinkin if its www.diagnize-me.com, pls reply wit d corect domain name.thanks
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 9:38am On Aug 30, 2010
www dot diagnose-me dot com.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by UcLloyd: 7:27am On Sep 01, 2010
@AjanleKoko, Big ups, now i know people fail in life because of lack of information, Am an EEE student in one of the tech uni in d east. am currently doing my 6months IT in a building site (too badd, i had no choice, 2months gone) am learning wiring and fittings,for 6months, pffffff. am in option Communication in my school. My problems are, One, i really need exposure in my IT, but Abuja is quite tight, any recommendation as where an EEE Communication option student can do his IT in Abuja??

Secondly, i intend to do my post grad on ICT, am considering UK,USA or Canada, But UK will be easier for me, as i have sponsors there, So, which of these three mentioned countries will be good for one to do his post grad, and is ICT really the right program When it comes to experience in my field, Is zero for me, i believe i can still change that fact.

Thirdly, whatz the degree attainable for one applying for a post grad program in schools abroad, is it bad that i focus on making good grades in school, even when most come by crook I was told that an EEE student must grad with a 2:1 before he/she gets a job or further his education abroad, so thats what am doing without minding how i go about it, I really need you to read my write-ups and right my wrongs plz, as i really want to change, after i read all you all said here, (i didn't even grab most of the words u all said, as an engineer in the making?Huh, i feel so bad)

NB:all body who understands and has advice can still drop, i will so much appreciate it, thanx
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by PDexter: 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2010
Hi Guys,

Does any one here have the new Sybex CWNA PWO-104 ebook, i hope to take the exam next month. I Have the Sybex CWNA PWO-100 but with the changes in syllabus i'm abit off. Email: akherehiz@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by systemsdon: 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2010
For your IT certification needs come to Aptech Surulere.
IT certifications available include CCNA,CCNP,Microsoft,Vware,CCIE,Comptia to mention a few.
For enquiries call 08038542817 or visit us at 1 teslim balogun street,Surulere,lagos state.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by salihuali1(m): 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2010
P.Dexter
There's actually no ebook of the current CWNA PWO-104 exam.
You'd have to get the hard copy or search the net for a scanned copy, (been there done that - nothing so far)
I could forward you the supplementary chapters to you and if we could arrange a meet I have the current PWO-104 Videos by TrainSignal (3.2GB).
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by PDexter: 10:18am On Sep 07, 2010
@ Salihu Ali

I just saw ur mail, thanks a million i'm downloading the PDF files now.

As for the meeting state the time and place and we'll work something out, i'm currently in lagos

Best Regards
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2010
Pls which course do you recommend me to study at 1st degree level to have a upper hand in telecom and IT. Thanks
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by ridlaw(m): 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2010
HELLO,
I AM A SECOND YEAR STUDENT OF UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS,
I WILL BE FINISHING MY EXAMS IN THE TWO WEEKS TIME SO I AM HERE TO APPLY FOR ANY PART TIME JOB ESPECIALLY AROUND THE ISLAND CAUSE I DONT WANT TO BE IDLE DURING THE TIME OF THIS HOLIDAY.

I WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL IF I COULD GET ANY OFFER.

LAWAL RIDWAN
ridwan_lawal@yahoo.com
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Mickboro(m): 11:03pm On Sep 11, 2010
@ AjanleKoko i have been following this u thread for quite some time now ,i must admit its very interesting and educating am a graduate of electrical electronic engineer well my main motivation for going into this feild is power that was all i dreamed of until my 6 month IT,which i did in a small telecom outfit it realy served as an eye opener for me and i found more fun in it than power since then.now after my nysc i have done ccna and i went for training in telecomm which is where i measure also in school since then my challenges has been to get even a small place to kick start my career.i dont mind the money involved all i need is the experience.so i dont mind if i can get any help from u or even an advice as someone who has been there before me.
thank u once again
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by banjorin89(m): 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2010
Am a ccna though not practicing. I have this mobile phone banking solution that i want to develop. Pls can someone hook me up with a gsm or cdma operator. I mean a strong management person that can inflence a proposal. Pls call Abbey: 07065030724. Banjorin@yahoo.com. I'll be waiting. Tnx.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by xchrsx(m): 12:53am On Oct 02, 2010
i had my B.sc in polymer engrn. and MCSE, right now i intend to go for masters in telecommunications engineering,pls i need advice from some1 who is experienced to give me his opinion if at al this is the right choice,notwithstanding would i be eligible to apply for the course first to start with?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Muza(m): 8:57am On Oct 15, 2010
AjanleKoko nd house

Pls advice me on how i can achieve this.
Thank you.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Emiiya: 5:35am On Oct 17, 2010
How can u become an apprentice under one of this top i.T guru in nigeria
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by feliraph: 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
am a graduate of electronics and computer engineering pls hw do i be come corren and nse registered
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by July21(f): 4:42am On Oct 22, 2010
AjanleKoko, thank you for such great and useful topic.
I have one question: I work for European Mobile solutions and consulting company. A lot of our partners -
European companies are looking for employees or business partners in Africa from Telco sector.
Could you give me a small advice:
1) How to find experienced and self-reliant partner with deep market knowledge and possibility to work with projects driving, marketing in African (Nigerian) market.
2) What about partnership fees? In Europe very common situation is partnership based on profit share (no fixed fees) - it motivates partner to do his best. What about Nigeria - is it possible to find serious partners who will be motivated to work with profit share only?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 8:57am On Oct 22, 2010
July21:

AjanleKoko, thank you for such great and useful topic.
I have one question: I work for European Mobile solutions and consulting company. A lot of our partners -
European companies are looking for employees or business partners in Africa from Telco sector.
Could you give me a small advice:
1) How to find experienced and self-reliant partner with deep market knowledge and possibility to work with projects driving, marketing in African (Nigerian) market.
2) What about partnership fees? In Europe very common situation is partnership based on profit share (no fixed fees) - it motivates partner to do his best. What about Nigeria - is it possible to find serious partners who will be motivated to work with profit share only?

Hi,
I'll send you a PM.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (32) (Reply)

How To Calculate Your New Salary Based On New National Minimum Wage: Photo / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / Meet Abdullahi Lawal, EFCC Official Who Rejected N100M Bribe From Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.