Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Telecommunications Professionals Zone - Career (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Telecommunications Professionals Zone (112488 Views)

PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications / Human Resource Professionals: / Cwna & Telecommunications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by halifab: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2011
We have these items for sale

1.A Brand new Pasolink Radio terminal (G7894 MD UNIT,G7895 SW)

2.Rad Modems
Pcd 24
Dxl 10a
Optimux x4E1
FCDA E1
HTU E1
HTU2
SPD 703.1

3.IRT Radio Spare parts
Transmiter & Receiver Boards
LMS Boards
MTMS-4G,12V Board
Extension Bords
C64 Card
Daughter card interface

4.SAED Rectifier Unit:12Vdc,25Amp

5.Fortress Power Rectifier:48Vdc,1500Watts

6.Original Picturetel Hilite Videoconference/Broadcasting/Telemedicine light

7.Cisco Aironet 400 & 600 series Low loss and ultra low loss cables

8.Used Erricsson MD110 spare parts:NIU,HDU,LPU5,TLU,ELU,DSU,LSU etc

9.Paradyne ADSL Router

10 Nec & Cisco Power modules

11.Used Tsunami License free Radio Terminals

11.Cat5&6 cables at manufacturer prices

Our Contacts
Halifab technologies concept
Suite20,Computer megaplaza,
Computer village,
Lagos state.
Nigeria
Tel.SMS ONLY+234 8023058470,08033711233
Email.infohalifab@gmail.com
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by jamd: 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2011
@ajanlekoko already in the school, is there any course you think i should start doing. i know little in networking and have study cisco a little bit
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2011
^^
You won't really know for sure till you leave school you know.
Just focus on getting a good degree, and some IT experience during your industrial training (if you do that in comp sci).
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by olatunjin(m): 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2011
hello bros i am studying industrial maintenance engineering in yabatech and i will be through in october for my nd pls advice me i want to be a successful engineer
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Touns1234(m): 11:49am On Feb 07, 2011
@ajanlekoko
AjanleKoko:

^^
Of course. I don't think the first degree matters much, if you already have it, or are already studying it.
IT and Telecoms have become a converged discipline these days. But for someone just going to school, better to study electronic and electrical engineering, so you can start from the basics. Basics as in electromagnetic theory, Maxwell's equations, signal processing, etc.
You are right. In every sectors these days, one need more than first degree to stand a better chance.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by pmy: 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2011
I am ccna cert. Bt i plan 2 tk courses in linux,ethical hacking and security. Wt a bsc in sociology. Hw do i bcm rlvnt in d telecms
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 10, 2011
@ ajanlekoko I've a Bsc in telecommunications engineering, pls what certification do I need apart from the cisco certifications, I'm not really interested in writing ccna, I was told about VSAT, but as a female I heard it won't be of much use.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by icon2: 11:32pm On Feb 10, 2011
Hi house I've been enjoying this thread and let me use this opportunity to say thank you to all those that have contributed in one way or the other to help a fellow. I have a degree in Elec/Elect Engr, I'm Cisco certified (CCNA) and I've had trainings in RF Engineering & Windows Server administrations. Also on BTS, BSS, BSC,OMC, NSS setup. BUT I HAVE NO JOB. PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE A CONNECTION TO GET A JOB NO MATTER HOW SMALL, I COULD START FROM THERE AND BUILD UP MY EXPERIENCE. Anyone willing to help this is my mail addr. gicon101@yahoo.com THANKS!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by readone1(m): 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2011
somebody please help i need an IT placement i am currently studying pure and applied physics,i will need a coment soon
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by cerruti(m): 12:02am On Feb 23, 2011
I want to thank everyone that has contributed meaningfully to this thread.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by ANOSH: 8:10am On Mar 08, 2011
Can anybody help me get a job in nigeria telcom industry,me presently working at reliance telecom in india with an experience for 7 years in customer service.

Thanks Anosh Sebastian
anoshsebastian@gmail.com
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by woodrose: 11:24pm On Mar 29, 2011
@hercules07

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone
« #480 on: December 12, 2010, 09:46 AM »

@Chydoo

MPLS is not a full mesh thing o, imagine running hub and spoke architecture on your provider network, you do not need any full mesh configuration, you can use route reflectors and multi-protocol BGP to carry your vpn connections over the label switched paths. The important thing about MPLS is the underlying IGP, you mess that up, your MPLS will not work, also when running ospf over frame relay, run network type point to multipoint (because of the way ospf carries next hop information). I am quite excited about mpls because of its traffic engineering capabilities and the fact that when fully deployed by tier 1 providers, qos on the internet can be achieved.

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone
« #481 on: December 12, 2010, 07:27 PM »

Posted a response on the MPLS stuff but could not see it here. MPLS is a layer 2.5 protocol, so, any layer 2 or layer 3 layer protocol will go on it, it actually does not require full mesh connectivity, it just requires that you are conversant with layers 2 and 3 protocols and BGP very very well. The benefits are for vpns and quality of service, by the way doing layer2 vpn seems kind of wacky in a service provider network.

So you assumed Chydoo was mixing up the concept of IBGP full mesh and MPLS? Maybe what he meant was that it is a cloud controlled by the SP. undecided

Talking important thing about MPLS - Every piece of forming the LSP is important. If something is wrong somewhere/anywhere then the MPLS network won't function properly. You can chose to run MPLS without any routing protocol sef and also have MPLS VPNs without MP-BGP -VRF-lite (at least that's cisco's implementation of this). Not that any serious SP would use the 'raw' hub and spoke network topology.

I don't really get how the frame-relay ospf thing came into the picture. Anyway, you can use broadcast network type if you want. Just make sure you have your layer3 to layer2 mappings right and you would be fine. Yes, I also think the idea of Internet QoS is really nice isnt it.

Why would you think running layer2 VPN seems wacky? It depends on the requirements of the applications that are being used by the subscribers of the SP. If they don't need L2VPNs then let them use L3VPNs. It is the choices that the SP would give, that's what make them stand out. Some customers don't want to peer with the service provider's router for several reasons. It doesn't seem wacky at all. Sometimes, it might be easier for the SP to just give them L2VPN sef. I think I know why you dont like it, the extra L2 headers abi? Its not so much now, wacky ke, how now?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by gsandakey(m): 10:01pm On Mar 30, 2011
Good day to you,

I am Adetona Adewale, I am a 300 Level computer science student of Lagos state university.I Am seeking an I.T placement in any reputable I.T institution, Please my contact is gsandakey@yahoo.com or 07038285172

Thanks
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by larion: 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2011
hello to everyone, some1 once talked abt training in india earlier in dis thread but dats abt two years ago, i followed it up, he called it lorion and after searching i found out its been boug t by convergence lab in hyderabad, i just want to ask abt d integrity of dis company and training in india generally,kind of scared of scam, any1 with first hand info. PLEASE
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by pmy: 9:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
Guys, I am abt to b certified in CCSP but with a 1st degree in social sciences. wht are my chances in d nigerian job market?
And what is d pay like for starters?

I wld b glad to find answers
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by pmy: 5:41pm On May 08, 2011
@larion. I am currently taking courses in india; Delhi to be precise. I'm with 2 institutes and they are ok. One of them helped facilitate my visa for 4 months because the indian embassy in Nigeria recognise them. Even now I'm still cautious of any antics. I guess nobody is perfect. You just have to be careful.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by tinnymerit(m): 3:46pm On May 16, 2011
@pmy can u name the two institutes in india?have been thinking of zoomgroup but dont know if they can secure visa for their students from nigeria.thanks.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by CCTrainer: 9:29am On May 19, 2011
Call centre certification training available in Abuja,Lagos and Port Harcourt

visit www.b20consulting.com

1.referals to Call Centre companies
2.Career talk with Telecoms HR managers
3.Membership of Customer Care Institute USA.

Call now for bookings.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by jobcoach: 6:02pm On May 19, 2011
hello guys there is strong indication that telecomms careers are expanding more than any other industry in naija
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by mizbelle: 7:31am On May 24, 2011
removed
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by neonet(m): 11:35pm On May 24, 2011
Hello all, be trained as a DWDM/SDH Engineer.If you are interested, send a mail to neonet4neonet@gmail.com.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by neonet(m): 9:54am On May 25, 2011
be trained on how to log on to tellabs ericsson 6370 and 6350 dwdm and switch nodes, clear fault alarms on nodes carrying live traffic.if you are really interested.send a mail to my gmail.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Chapi: 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2011
I hold HND in Elect/Elect. I formerly work with an india company that deals with ups, inverter, transformer and other Electrical works before relocating from Lagos to Abuja. Please, can anyone link me up with any organisatioin that deals with any of these product in Abuja? i will appreciate you, please reach me on 08054206008.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Gsmxpert(m): 7:34am On Jun 06, 2011
i am a mobile phone programmer, loading and coding empty chips, currently working with research in motion center in ireland.

I hold a bsc in micro computers
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by benyms: 7:34am On Jun 11, 2011
Pls guys,i was invited for a test in MTN on monday.i urgetly need any useful infol.tnx guys
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by dilahel: 3:10pm On Jun 15, 2011
Hello Guys,
I've been invited for an interview with ZTE, anybody with an idea what to expect? Thanks
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by neonet(m): 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2011
Hi all,
Be trained how to Splice an Optic-Fiber cable(Plus cable Management) on a live network carrying Traffic
2.How to log on to a DWDM(Ericsson Tellabs 6370) and Switch Nodes(6350,6345 and 6340)
3.Clear faults alarms on DWDMs and Switch Nodes
4.Clear faults on Ericsson MDX Multiplexers and Demux(Fiber-Optic passive devices)
5.Know a point of Failure(Fiber link) thru a DWDM node
6.How to use an OTDR(Agilent E6000) or Corning Siecor OTDR Plus 383-MD55-SD55
7.How to use VFL(Visual Fault locator) to know the point of failure in a Fiber path.
You can also learn how to login and clear faults alarms on Ericsson Minilink and Traffic Nodes microwave radios(PDH/SDH). and Even Nokia-Siemens SRT1F/SRA4 longhaul(Trunk) Microwave Radios. If you are interested call 08053396201 or Send a mail to neonet4neonet@gmail.com
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2011
Hello Big Broses / Sistas in d House,

I am so much in love with the It world and I seriously want to be part and parcel of it. My 1st and 2nd degree are in Agricultural & Environmental Engineering, but I am in love with IT. The main reason why I am presently operating a Computer Institute and Cyber Cafe. I did the everything about the cafe myself. and also do the maintenance of both the computers and the network.

Brodas and Sistas, which of the courses do u guys advise me to take? It is possible to undergo online training and pass the certification examinations?

Can't wait to hear from u.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by bukkytroni: 11:44am On Jun 28, 2011
@tdenen,

I want to advice you to follow what you love. Start writing certifications. The more certifications you have, the more advantaged you get for you to work in the field of IT. The certifications will eventually outweigh the downside of your 1st and 2nd degree. I have a friend who studied Architecture but is a wizard in linux. Simply, write certifications then keep applying for jobs in IT firms so you can complement your present experience with more advanced IT infrastructural environment beyond operating a cafe.

My 2 cents.

All the best,
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by omems4u: 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2011
If you are interested in 3G training modules include :
1.3g principle
2.HSDPA principle
3.performance monitoring with KPI analysis R99 service and Hsdpa
4.Operation and Maintenance for NodeB ( Ericsson,Huawei,alcatel)
5.Operation and Maintenance fro RNC ( Ericsson,Huawei,alcatel)
6.UMTS planning and optimization

send a mail nduama090@gmail.com

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (32) (Reply)

Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / Meet Abdullahi Lawal, EFCC Official Who Rejected N100M Bribe From Chinese / The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.