Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Islam And My Profession - I Need Help - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And My Profession - I Need Help (7099 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society. / Islam And Polio Vaccine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by creationxt(m): 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2009
@javalove
I really admire your faith, though am a Christain; you have to believe in something. If your faith has sufficiently developed your conscience and the law is difficult to interpret, then follow your conscience. Else seek advice from a more experienced person.
If you are a Christian, the Holy Spirit would have helped you.

@congoshine
Christianity is not a set of rules. It is faith in Jesus Christ and what he did for everyone. It is with this believe that you receive power to live as a Christian. This is our way of life, and it cannot be successfully condenmed.
You seem to believe convenience justifies your actions. Why should you work in the tobacco company when your conscience says otherwise, I think its wise to believe in something always. Not atimes.
Recall, from the Bible only 8 persons were saved from the great flood in Noah's day. You may not predict God's heavenly statistics from the billions on earth. There is always right and wrong, and if you continue doing wrong even when you know it, then there's problem.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by royalicon(m): 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2009
ayinba1:

@javalove

Dear brother,

May Allah strenghten you. Please be not distracted by the non muslim advice on this board. I will stay on the side of being safe only for Allah's sake and I can assure you that in a short while, insha Allah, you will tell us of a better deal/job that came up

Pls direct the work to me and i will be greateful.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by MissEZ(f): 11:04pm On Jun 22, 2009
Why are some of you trying to cause wahala. If you dont know the answer to this guys question leave him be. What is all this nonsense about Jesus and Allahs followers. He asked a question based on his faith. What has ignorance got to do with that? Stop trying to stir up trouble between both faiths. Believe what you will.

Javalove if you are in doubt, do what gives you peace and makes u slp well at night. Our faith is what shapes our beliefs and who we are. God help you as you come to a decision. Stay blessed
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by sley4life(m): 11:10pm On Jun 22, 2009
Your religion shouldnt stop u 4rm putn food on the table
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by javalove(m): 11:25pm On Jun 22, 2009
Miss EZ:

Why are some of you trying to cause wahala. If you dont know the answer to this guys question leave him be. What is all this nonsense about Jesus and Allahs followers. He asked a question based on his faith. What has ignorance got to do with that? Stop trying to stir up trouble between both faiths. Believe what you will.

Javalove if you are in doubt, do what gives you peace and makes u slp well at night. Our faith is what shapes our beliefs and who we are. God help you as you come to a decision. Stay blessed

God bless u
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by MissEZ(f): 11:33pm On Jun 22, 2009
I swear all the nonsense response i have been seeing is so annoying, we argue to the point that we lose focus on what the real issue really is. I hate it when people attack other peoples religion. its not nice when you are at the receiving end. May God allow all of us whether christian or muslim to get the jobs that will improve us and take care of all our needs.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2009
davidylan:

you gotta laugh at some of the naiveté on display here. If there was a "wealth of knowledge" in the quran this thread would not have been necessary in the first place.

Yes we are always laughing at yours aswell. Do you remember the colonist enslaved our people using the same "Holy Bible" as justification. Every holy book is open to interpretation more so the Bible than the Quran.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by damola1: 11:38pm On Jun 22, 2009
This is one of the funniest thread I have been on, just laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing!!!

grin grin grin grin, multiple trials, hungry never grip you,, grin grin grin grin
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by sosisi(f): 11:38pm On Jun 22, 2009
damola1:

This is one of the funniest thread I have been on, just laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing!!!

grin grin grin grin, multiple trials, hungry never grip you,, grin grin grin grin

Same thing I say.
He must not have mouths to feed either.
Game shows that don't involve betting with money is gambling.
I don laugh taya
what does he call walking the streets of Nigeria or travelling on Nigerian roads
Isn't that gambling of the highest order
Please poster go and post the job at the job section let someone use it and feed their family
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by MrCrackles(m): 11:41pm On Jun 22, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

Yes we are always laughing at yours aswell. Do you remember the colonist enslaved our people using the same "Holy Bible" as justification. Every holy book is open to interpretation more so the Bible than the Quran.

Please dont start, dont derail the thread abeg!
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Virgo83(m): 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2009
@ POSTER
Please go thru this hadith and let me know what you understand about it.

[b]Hadith from Muslim and Bukhari:

(transliteration)
"Inna al-halala bayyin wa al-harama bayyin wa bainahumaa mushtabihaat laa ya'lamuhunna kathirun min an-naas. Faman ittaqaa ash-shubuhaati faqad istabra'a lideenihi wa 'irdhihi. Wa man waqa'a fiy ash-shubuhaati waqa'a fiy al-harami ka ar-raa'iy yar'aa haula al-himaa yooshaku an yarta'a fihi. Alaa inna likulli malikin himaa. Alaa inna himaa Allahi mahaarimuhu. Alaa inna fiy al-jasadi mudhghatan idhaa saluhat, saluha al-jasadu kulluhu, wa idhaa fasadat, fasada al-jasadu kulluhu. Alaa wa hiya al-qalb."

(translation)
"The lawful is clear and the prohibited is clear and between them are some unclear issues which most of the people do not understand. So, whoever steers clear of these unclear issues has obtained innocence for his deen and his self-respect. And, whoever enters into the unclear issues, enters into the prohibited just like the shepherd who grazes his sheep around the royal pasture always about to graze on it. Surely, every sovereign has a forbidden zone. Surely, the forbidden zone of Allah is all that He has made haram. Surely, in the body there is a small chunk of meat. If it is wholesome, the entire body is wholesome and if it is corrupt, the whole body is corrupt. Surely, it is the heart." Muslim & Bukhari[/b]
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by tubabie(f): 11:50pm On Jun 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

Please dont start, dont derail the thread abeg!

you can actually beg derailers shocked
am impressed no serious cussing yet, bite me tongue

@ Topic
Well i think from what you described, its gambling!
Sorry i may not be able to advise u nor give u the help u need, cos we dont av the same way of life.
I would say search ur conscience and do as it says, you probably know the answer already
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by MrCrackles(m): 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2009
tubabie:

you can actually beg derailers shocked
am impressed no serious cussing yet, bite me tongue

grin cheesy grin
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Lagosboy: 12:04am On Jun 23, 2009
Virgo83:

@ POSTER
Please go thru this hadith and let me know what you understand about it.

[b]Hadith from Muslim and Bukhari:

(transliteration)
"Inna al-halala bayyin wa al-harama bayyin wa bainahumaa mushtabihaat laa ya'lamuhunna kathirun min an-naas. Faman ittaqaa ash-shubuhaati faqad istabra'a lideenihi wa 'irdhihi. Wa man waqa'a fiy ash-shubuhaati waqa'a fiy al-harami ka ar-raa'iy yar'aa haula al-himaa yooshaku an yarta'a fihi. Alaa inna likulli malikin himaa. Alaa inna himaa Allahi mahaarimuhu. Alaa inna fiy al-jasadi mudhghatan idhaa saluhat, saluha al-jasadu kulluhu, wa idhaa fasadat, fasada al-jasadu kulluhu. Alaa wa hiya al-qalb."

(translation)
"The lawful is clear and the prohibited is clear and between them are some unclear issues which most of the people do not understand. So, whoever steers clear of these unclear issues has obtained innocence for his deen and his self-respect. And, whoever enters into the unclear issues, enters into the prohibited just like the shepherd who grazes his sheep around the royal pasture always about to graze on it. Surely, every sovereign has a forbidden zone. Surely, the forbidden zone of Allah is all that He has made haram. Surely, in the body there is a small chunk of meat. If it is wholesome, the entire body is wholesome and if it is corrupt, the whole body is corrupt. Surely, it is the heart." Muslim & Bukhari[/b]

@Virgo

I was listened to a scholar saying there is no unclear issues with the scholars but it is the ignorant people like us that have grey areas. There could be differences of opnion but the issues are clear to the scholars of our faith and they form an opinion or ruling using their ijtihad and they get a reward for it if ti is right and also if is wrong based on their sincerity. Thats why questions are directed to the scholars and why we all seek knowledge. I am sure scholars will have a definite answer to Javaloves question.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Virgo83(m): 12:16am On Jun 23, 2009
Lagosboy:

@Virgo

I was listened to a scholar saying there is no unclear issues with the scholars but it is the ignorant people like us that have grey areas. There could be differences of opnion but the issues are clear to the scholars of our faith and they form an opinion or ruling using their ijtihad and they get a reward for it if ti is right and also if is wrong based on their sincerity. Thats why questions are directed to the scholars and why we all seek knowledge. I am sure scholars will have a definite answer to Javaloves question.

@Lagosboy

I didn't say there's no answer to Javalove's Question, I only want him to understand this Hadith. . . 'cause at times on issues like this any decision or conclusion you reach: might be overlooked and you won't be punish for it.
Since we ain't get the right answer to the question, we should provide something from either the Qur'an or the Hadith so he could has something to remnisce on till the correct answer is produced.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by SeanT21(f): 6:21am On Jun 23, 2009
You are in a hard position. You want to stay faithful to your faith but yet U want to do the job.It all boils down to U.If U choose to do the job then U might feel guilty and if U choose not to complete the task it might harm your position in the company.You can either explain to your boss that it is against your religion or do the job and ask Allah for forgiveness.

Good LUCK!! wink
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Eebrahym(m): 6:49am On Jun 23, 2009
Salam alaykun @poster, this issue can not just be concluded anyhow even i need to consult some great scholars before i can post a reply but remember that the hadith of our noble prophet (saw) says [I]al alal bayinun, wal aram bayinun, "[I/] alal is clear and can be easily known so also ahram but between this two are some phenomenon which are not very clear or even unknown. So when you find yourself in this state, the best you should do is to be at the safer side by leaving the concept alone. Allah alam.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by BigBro(m): 8:24am On Jun 23, 2009
@ poster,
I don't think this is the right avenue to seek viable clarification on that issue or any other religious issue for that matter. I'm sure being a muslim there are many islamic clerics around to accost for dependable answers. How many of us here on this forum are learned enough in islamic jurisprudence to provide reliable answers to such questions. please redirect your question to the appropriate quarters. Thank you.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by recknass(m): 8:55am On Jun 23, 2009
@Poster-As salam alaikum brother
I think the hadith posted earlier says it all, if the heart is pure,
also remember the hadith of the prophet (saw) that says 'actions are judged according to intentions'
soz forget all the distractions contained therein as in the weda ppl pay to play etc etc etc and ask urself this fundamental ques what exactly does your heart say to u?
i know its difficult what with the situ but rem all happens according to Allah's will, he knows all that which you do not soz surely putting your faith in him is defo the best recourse,
may Allah make the path easy for us
ma salam

@ all u naysayers (for want of a more politically correct term)- what is ours is ours and what is yours is yours,  smiley
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Jarus(m): 9:17am On Jun 23, 2009
First and foremost, I do not think this should be a homepage topic. Not being a general topic, homepage opens it to derailment.

I will personally go with the hadith quoted by Virgo if I'm in that situation. I will leave the doubtful, moreso as the poster doesn't appear to be in 'poverty' to make the job fall into 'extreme necessity'. Just my opinion.

However, if you are convinced with what you read elsewhere that it is permissible, you may go ahead.

Wallahu a'lam.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by fizzybaba(m): 9:23am On Jun 23, 2009
clearly only well versed pple in the area of fiqh can give sound judgments not the destraction in the guise of debate u are getting from xtian who think they know more abt the deen more than we do.

however, on issues of doubt, we are advised not to execute them.ulamah's may/may not have exceptions to the rule of gambling as incidental to ones job.

Allahu alam
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by mayrho(m): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2009
Guy, no need 4 blasphemy if you want someone to respect your religion respect others too.
Having said that,
I think the issue at had is about your conscience let it guide you whether christian muslim hindu whatever let it direct you.
We are all God's children regardless of the path we choose when the end comes we will know who is right about religion till then stop the blasphemy

Peace am out
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 23, 2009
Hadith 11

On the authority of Abu Muhammad al-Hasan bin Ali bin Abi Taib, the grandson of the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ëalayhi wasallam, and who is dearest to him, radiyallahu ëanhuma, who said: ìI committed to memory from the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ëalayhi wasallam, (the following words):

Leave that about which you are in doubt for that about which you are in no doubt.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by JJYOU: 10:01am On Jun 23, 2009
$osisi:

Same thing I say.
He must not have mouths to feed either.
Game shows that don't involve betting with money is gambling.
I don laugh taya
what does he call walking the streets of Nigeria or travelling on Nigerian roads
Isn't that gambling of the highest order
Please poster go and post the job at the job section let someone use it and feed their family
u bet they all buy shares. abiola their great uncle didnt see share dealings as criminal and those alhajis doing currency fluctuation/ exchange wont say they are gambling. looting the treasury and stealing other people wealth is not staeling. tell me about foolishness and evil.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by debetmx(m): 10:13am On Jun 23, 2009
Nigerians and hyprocrazy. Holier than thou attitude
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by javalove(m): 10:25am On Jun 23, 2009
JJYOU:

@ javafilth,  people are making out you are a nice goy here. they probably missed your stupid comment at the very beginning is your middle name foolishness?  you as moslem is careful where you eat  from but you are not carefull not to insult people. did your mum or dad teach you the christian way of life is gambling as you insinuated or it is your hatred for fellow human beings showing up? you must be mad or you just married your fourth wife and is preparing to die. yea right. like the one you are obeying here and the one that says you should be confused and kill innocent people for the love of your mustapha so peace can be upon him. it shows in your foolishness and hatred more than anything. way of life indeed.  do you know a more greedy people than moslems?.

I can tell u are badly hurt. Pele. Stop crying u hear . . . clean ur eyes and blow the cathar dangling out of ur nose . . . ela oju kan

Brothers and sisters . . . i aprc8 ur responses
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by sley4life(m): 10:30am On Jun 23, 2009
@poster. E be like say u be Mohamed. Dont u lie, steal, glutton, gossip, cheat  etc, Why come asking if the job will make u go astray as long as those that are involve definitely know its gamble. Abi na u force them make them come gamble. If u no like the job abeg i get folks wey need such jobs to earn living. When Laden bomb world trade center Koran tell am say e good to kill people
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Bashbaba(m): 10:40am On Jun 23, 2009
Salaam alaykum

May Allah makes whatever decision you arrive at easy for you and not contrary to your deen.May He makes it an Ujjah for you and not against you in the last day. I actually had my stand which coincide with what my Imam said when I discussed the issue with him.To this end,I will like to drop my opinnion and here is what he has to say:

''There is no disagreement among scholars of this noble deen of ours that gambling is haram. The issue of writing a soft ware here may have difference of opinions. The soft ware writing is not evil but what the soft ware will be used for is evil especially when you have a fore knowledge of the proposed usage of the soft ware. My humble position is that it is like aiding and abetting gambling. The instrument to be used here is the soft ware. I think we should know that action is not judged on the basis of sincerity in Islam but it must be correct.
In Islam, what is evil must be avoided, whatever leads to the way of evil must be avoided. The objectives of shariah are:
1. protection of religion
2. protection of family
3. protection of property
4. protection of life
5. protection of intellect
6.  protection of honour.
There is no doubt that gambling  affect religion, family, property and to an extent honour.
We should advise our brother to leave it "Whoever that trusts in Allaah, Allaah suffices them, provide for them from where they do not expect'" Q65:2-7
Thanks for the opportunity given me. May Allaah forgive us wherever we make mistakes.''
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by javalove(m): 10:56am On Jun 23, 2009
Bashbaba:

Salaam alaykum

May Allah makes whatever decision you arrive at easy for you and not contrary to your deen.May He makes it an Ujjah for you and not against you in the last day. I actually had my stand which coincide with what my Imam said when I discussed the issue with him.To this end,I will like to drop my opinnion and here is what he has to say:

''There is no disagreement among scholars of this noble deen of ours that gambling is haram. The issue of writing a soft ware here may have difference of opinions. The soft ware writing is not evil but what the soft ware will be used for is evil especially when you have a fore knowledge of the proposed usage of the soft ware. My humble position is that it is like aiding and abetting gambling. The instrument to be used here is the soft ware. I think we should know that action is not judged on the basis of sincerity in Islam but it must be correct.
In Islam, what is evil must be avoided, whatever leads to the way of evil must be avoided. The objectives of shariah are:
1. protection of religion
2. protection of family
3. protection of property
4. protection of life
5. protection of intellect
6.  protection of honour.
There is no doubt that gambling  affect religion, family, property and to an extent honour.
We should advise our brother to leave it "Whoever that trusts in Allaah, Allaah suffices them, provide for them from where they do not expect'" Q65:2-7
Thanks for the opportunity given me. May Allaah forgive us wherever we make mistakes.''

Jazakhumulah Khairan Brother. Dont you think this is similar to a muslim participating in building of a church or doing carpentary work which i hear is halal. May Allah guide us
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Elgaxton(m): 11:11am On Jun 23, 2009
Ehen my Pikin!

How u dey? Make I tell u o, there's a thing line between competition and Gambling

but the truth is if u ever achieved anything serious with money in this life then

u've gambled to an extent, so my guy enjoy ur show and stop disturbing urself

about gambling.

If ur conscience cannot handle it then quit but I assure u, U will surely get broke quitting

and that means, grin  cheesy
[size=2pt]
Abeg program wetin dem send u jare[/size]
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by javalove(m): 11:12am On Jun 23, 2009
rubbish . . . stop wasting ur bandwith cos u have no use on this thread. let us be. . .!
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by gregg2: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2009
oyb:

Hadith 11

On the authority of Abu Muhammad al-Hasan bin Ali bin Abi Taib, the grandson of the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ëalayhi wasallam, and who is dearest to him, radiyallahu ëanhuma, who said: ìI committed to memory from the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ëalayhi wasallam, (the following words):

Leave that about which you are in doubt for that about which you are in no doubt.

I'm not a muslim but I think I like this advise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ruling on Saying the Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar) loudly behind the Imam / A New Baby Born With The Holy Quran / What Is Eid Al Adha ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.