Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,267 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:43 PM

Islam And My Profession - I Need Help - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And My Profession - I Need Help (7403 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society. / Islam And Polio Vaccine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by touchmeder: 1:26am On Jun 24, 2009

I am still researching it a bit and I will ask more scholars. If at the end of the day I cant do it, can I give it out to someone else to do and get some percentage of the money?

if its not worth getting into and handling yourself why wanting to profit from it (aint it the same thing trying to gain from an illegal act on the basis of your religion at the end of the day?)
if ure following through, do it completely. smiley
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by noetic2: 1:27am On Jun 24, 2009
welcome to the world of hypocrites.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by babs787(m): 10:08am On Jun 24, 2009
@Osisi, Noetic

Allah asked him to go and learn from Christians and he's calling Christians stupid

Could you please post the verse here for all to read?

I wonder why you even count yourself as part of those mentioned therein when you belief in trinity and the early christians happened to be Unitarian, do not believe in Trinity or deification of Jesus.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by tkb417(m): 10:12am On Jun 24, 2009
I wonder why you even count yourself as part of those mentioned therein when you belief in trinity and the early christians happened to be Unitarian, do not believe in Trinity or deification of Jesus.
i tot the thread was about gambling and islam.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by tubabie(f): 10:30am On Jun 24, 2009
babs787:

@Osisi, Noetic

Could you please post the verse here for all to read?

Pls lets stick to the topic under discussion and leave Jesus and the trinity issue out of this.

tkb417:

i tot the thread was about gambling and islam.
I wonder o!
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Jarus(m): 11:01am On Jun 24, 2009
Moderator's Comment:

Thread temporarily locked. Massive deletion of all posts unrelated to the subject(Islam, job and gambling) in progress.

Thanks.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Jarus(m): 11:25am On Jun 24, 2009
Thread re-opened.

Please let's try to, as much as possible, keep to the subject - Islam, halal(permissible) job and gambling!

Thanks.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by qkman: 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2009
can i have the contract?
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by JJYOU: 1:34pm On Jun 24, 2009
Jarus:

Thread re-opened.

Please let's try to, as much as possible, keep to the subject - Islam, halal(permissible) job and gambling!

Thanks.
you think it is okay to delete peoples post becos they ask questions on islam  can i ask why you think it is okay for the OP to say things like "a true follower of jesus . . ." the idiot came here talking about christian gamblers you didnt remember u were supposed to be a moderator did you?

you guys keep blaming those in govt for being dictators and evil but you people are not better cos the likkle power seun dose out to you on NL your true colour comes out
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Jarus(m): 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2009
JJYOU:

you think it is okay to delete peoples post becos they ask questions on islam can i ask why you think it is okay for the OP to say things like "a true follower of jesus . . ." the idiot came here talking about christian gamblers you didnt remember u were supposed to be a moderator did you?

you guys keep blaming those in govt for being dictators and evil but you people are not better cos the likkle power seun dose out to you on NL your true colour comes out
LOL at d bolded. grin

But more seriously, all the posts deleted were those completely not having anything to do with the subject here. You may open another thread to ask your question.
Off-topic posts of even Muslims, including those of the poster, were deleted.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by congoshine(m): 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2009
olabowale:

Allah knows everything.
I’m happy you said this Allah know everything not you,so we all have very limited views on all issues !
Ayatullah:

I was once a stupid christian before Allah guided me to the beautiful religion of islam.
Now you’re a stupid moslem??
These are the kind of unhelpful comments we’re talking about. . , . .
This has little to do with religion, but with taking economic decisions my friend.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by JJYOU: 2:54pm On Jun 24, 2009
Jarus:

LOL at d bolded. grin

But more seriously, all the posts deleted were those completely not having anything to do with the subject here. You may open another thread to ask your question.
Off-topic posts of even Muslims, including those of the poster, were deleted.
how then did you misss this one below?

[size=18pt]"a true follower of jesus [/size]. . ."[quote][/quote]
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by bumskyla: 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2009
If at the end of the day I cant do it, can I give it out to someone else to do and get some percentage of the money?

this guy knows the right thing, he's only playing holy pass,

he wants to get someone else to do the job and still profit from the haram
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by noetic2: 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2009
JJYOU:

you think it is okay to delete peoples post becos they ask questions on islam  can i ask why you think it is okay for the OP to say things like "a true follower of jesus . . ." the idiot came here talking about christian gamblers you didnt remember u were supposed to be a moderator did you?

are u new to nairaland?

It just beats me how this hypocrite could at the end of it all come to tell me that islam is the ideal way of life, considering the biased and very non-objective inactions he condones and does as a moderator.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Virgo83(m): 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2009
@ OLABOWALE
May Allah (S.W.T) grant you more knowledge and wisdom, you explain it best.

@ POSTER (Javalove)
I am waiting for responce on the hadith I posted and you reply not to my post but I feel jealouse seeing you reply to others.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by bombay: 5:02am On Jun 25, 2009
My guy no need to stress your self i have a charity that needs money so i will advise you to do the job the best way you can and when it is time for payment send the cheque to my charity and you will get your reward in heaven.
chikena
My charity is motherless babies home they will need the money
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Jarus(m): 1:40pm On Jun 25, 2009
@JJyou,
When next you have any complaint, drop it the complaint thread up there. Reasonable complaint shall be looked into.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by lukesh56: 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2009
Abuzola and Olabowale where are you brother on this post. im waiting coz i hope to learn from your contribution. May Allah help us.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Tapiya(m): 8:00am On Jun 27, 2009
@ poster am not a muslim and so I wouldn't know what are the rules but the truth here is if you must follow the rule then you cannot write the programbut my question is were you not the one that quoted for the job ? if you were why the sudden realisation that
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by koolpal(m): 6:55pm On Jun 27, 2009
Brother i agree with fellow muslim brothers who advised that u not be burg by their post, a hadith has it that whatever the world pass it verdit that it is good and ur heart still tells u its bad it is evidently bad, gambling, game of luck is of the devil. ASWT help in making a good decision
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by mojojojo(m): 4:10am On Jun 28, 2009
A bad deed in Islam is usually one you are not comfortable with. Since you confused enough to ask this question, then it is best to avoid the job. Remember not to graze your sheep on the gray areas of the field knowing they might easily wonder into wrong doing.
Having said that buying shares in the stock market is allowed and lawful in Islam. Buying and selling shares is far from speculative as any keen investor knows. What is prohibited are games of chance. These games are completely out of the control of the user and the stakes are usually high. Putting money in banks is also allowed since there isn't a practical alternative. However since the recession, western financial firms are taking an interest in the concept of Islamic banking , its low risk profile and resistance to the recession. The day may not be to far when an alternative is afoot.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 28, 2009
@ OP,

may i give you er. . .testimony as our good friends who spend more time on our boards than actually confronting their multiple interpretations

one of my wife's friends, who has been self employed for the past four years or so, decided to get a job. the lady is a lawyer. anyway, she got an interview with a top law firm based in VI. she has always adhered to the wearing of hijab .a lot of professional environments subtly discourage the use of hijab etal. before the interview, like you she agonized over wheter she would simply wear a sock cap(that would cover her hair only) , or a hijab that would cover her face and neck. eventually she decided to do go there with the hijab. and today she has the job.

Just do the right thing. smiley
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Tudor6(f): 8:08am On Jun 28, 2009
Who the hell would hire a masked attorney?
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by congoshine(m): 11:17pm On Jun 28, 2009
Tudór:

Who the hell would hire a masked attorney?
You baaad boy ! grin grin grin

oyb:

one of my wife's friends, who has been self employed for the past four years or so, decided to get a job. the lady is a lawyer. anyway, she got an interview with a top law firm based in VI. she has always adhered to the wearing of hijab .a lot of professional environments subtly discourage the use of hijab etal. before the interview, like you she agonized over wheter she would simply wear a sock cap(that would cover her hair only) , or a hijab that would cover her face and neck. eventually she decided to do go there with the hijab. and today she has the job.
Good example,but I have quite a number of examples of people who took similar decisions & later regretted.We shouldn't always cite one side & make it seem like the norm.Your example would happen in less than 10% of such cases. Everyone hoping to work in the corporate world needs to conform to corporate values including dressing etc,this doesn't have anything to do with one's faith in God or path to heaven.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by olabowale(m): 1:27am On Jun 29, 2009
@Congoshine: Would it be safe to say that if a nonmuslim wishes to get a job from the corporate world of the muslims, he and she must be able to conform to that world? Eg wearing Jilbab and joining the daily Salah, fasting because of what the corporate bosses also do it?

A muslim igbo lawyer works the UN, and she wears hijab and travels all over the world. Allah wills a job for whosoever He wills it for. He is the Controller of the hearts of those who hire the applicants. He is altimately the Employer of all employees, including the "temprary" owners!

And if you are naked and the job calls for exactly what you wear, if its not yours you will not get it. This case is not uncommon. Look around and see how many people who are looking for wotk. Most of them are naked, according to Islamic code of dressing.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Tudor6(f): 7:07am On Jun 29, 2009
If allah wills a job for whosoever he wills, why do we still have jobless muslims?
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Bashbaba(m): 7:51am On Jun 29, 2009
Tudór:

If allah wills a job for whosoever he wills, why do we still have jobless muslims?

Just as we have jobless non muslims whose unclothedness have not been able to provide jobs.This buttresses the point earlier made by Olabowale that even NUDITY could not provide a job that Allah refuses to will.Ofcourse if one of the prequisites for getting a job even in a corporate world is unclothedness,then you will agree with me that conscious muslims would have remained unemployed throughout their lives while no non muslims will cry for jobs.BUT THIS IS NOT SO.It Is by HIS will.And because of this,muslims put thier trust in Allah and Allah alone.Whatever He wills for them,NOBODY can go against it.Whatever He denies us,No SOUL can give them unto us.And this is supposed to be the watchwords of all muslims.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Tudor6(f): 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2009
You didn't answer the question so i ask again
Why do we still have jobless muslims Since allah is the giver of jobs. Does he not love his servants?
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Nezan(m): 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2009
Bashbaba:

Just as we have jobless non muslims whose unclothedness have not been able to provide jobs.This buttresses the point earlier made by Olabowale that even NUDITY could not provide a job that Allah refuses to will.Ofcourse if one of the prequisites for getting a job even in a corporate world is unclothedness,then you will agree with me that conscious muslims would have remained unemployed throughout their lives while no non muslims will cry for jobs.BUT THIS IS NOT SO.It Is by HIS will.And because of this,muslims put thier trust in Allah and Allah alone.Whatever He wills for them,NOBODY can go against it.Whatever He denies us,No SOUL can give them unto us.And this is supposed to be the watchwords of all muslims.
Is 'Allah' different from 'God'?
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by noetic2: 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2009
Nezan:

YES.

Allah is different from the bible God.
Allah is an arabian idol, worshipped by mohammed's father and elevated by mohammed to a revered deity. Allah is NOT Jehovah.
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2009
Allah is most definitely different from the three in one entity that Christians worship, who has one begotten son and numerous er bastards - shebi they are his misbegotten children , not so? tongue)
Re: Islam And My Profession - I Need Help by Bashbaba(m): 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2009
Tudór:

You didn't answer the question so i ask again
Why do we still have jobless muslims Since allah is the giver of jobs. Does he not love his servants?

The question still remained answered only if you read  between the lines.Allah gives everything He WILLS and jobs are not in exception for the pple He also WILL.If He has not given you job,He must have given you something else.Muslims are to thank Allah for the ones He has given and seeking for the ones He has not.In asking Allah for whatever they want,they still have to pray to Him that if such a thing will make them better muslims and will make them be admitted into Paradise,Allah should make it possible. But if such thing will bring wrath of Allah (in this world and hereafter) to them after getting it,Allah should replace it for them with another which will be beneficiary in this world and the one beyond.Who tells us getting jobs alone could make us meet our needs?Aren't we see successful self employed graduates?.He does for you what your soul can bear!

Nezan:

It could be the same used in different contests depending on the usage and the contextual meaning.It also depends on the spiritual meaning you give to it.If it were to be Jesus(A.S),Idols,holy spirit,Muhammed(Saw) ,planetary bodies and so on:then ,that is not Allah

noetic2:

YES.

Allah is different from the bible God.
Allah is an arabian idol, worshipped by mohammed's father and elevated by mohammed to a revered deity. Allah is NOT Jehovah.

, A gross misconception.

oyb:

Allah is most definitely different from the three in one entity that Christians worship, who has one begotten son and numerous er bastards - shebi they are his misbegotten children , not so? tongue)

Such descripiton does not befit Allah,the most high.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: Muslim Organizations, Scholars Move Ramadan Tafsir Online / 16 Healthy Tips For Ramadan! / Mockery Of Islam By Shayk Yunus Patel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.