Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? (8621 Views)

What Will Be Your Reaction If Your Wife Do This To You. / What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? / Guys, Would You Let Your Wife Do This To You On Your Wedding Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2009
namun:

@benedict
i so pity u. when it clears from ur eye i hope its not too late.

a woman is not meant to provide for the family, it is the man's duty and the bible did not say the woman shold bring what she earns into the hose she is meant to submit not provide
women that have goone the way of benedict usually regret itFOR EXAMPLE ask the women selling akara on the street what really happened
WOMEN BE WISE

She should rather pity you. The type of selfish and lazy woman who wants to put every responsibility on her husband's shoulders. If the bible hadn't said, you'd still find an excuse to keep your money to yourself.

Admit you are greedy and stop hiding behind the scriptures.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by gen2genius(m): 7:28am On Jul 02, 2009
Is she even hiding behind the Scriptures? No, she's hiding behind ignorance and selfishness. She said the Scriptures only mention "submission." Submission of what? Yourself, excluding your resources? Rubbish! undecided
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by benedictac(f): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2009
I believe she doesnt know what she is saying
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2009
Lol tongue
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by amebono11: 3:26am On Jul 03, 2009
buy clothes and shoes, and look good grin
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by gen2genius(m): 6:47am On Jul 03, 2009
What if the man does same? Doesn't he have the right to "look good" too? Then everybody starves lol tongue
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by benedictac(f): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2009
LOL
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by mendax: 11:41am On Jul 03, 2009
i hav concluded a long tym ago dat women survive on shopping, competition & Gossip!
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2009
mendax:

i hav concluded a long tym ago dat women survive on shopping, competition & Gossip!

Better to have said, "some women"
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Lita(f): 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2009
what should a good husband do? what's the difference.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2009
Lita:

what should a good husband do? what's the difference.

Take care of his family and make sure all are happy.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Lita(f): 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2009
again, what's the difference.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2009
Lita:

again, what's the difference.

Why must there be a difference? Just like the husband a woman must give all she can to her family.

Only selfish and greedy women want to keep their earning to themselves. Oleeee!
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2009
michelin89:

Why must there be a difference? Just like the husband a woman must give all she can to her family.
Only selfish and greedy women want to keep their earning to themselves. Oleeee!

Full Gbammmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But would be nice for the woman to keep the money for the family to use when they are broke.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Lita(f): 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2009
i'd like to believe a family can pool money. they can, together, put money aside for a rainy day. i don't see why she should be squirrelling hers away. that's (hopefully) how i'd do things.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2009
Lita:

i'd like to believe a family can pool money. they can, together, put money aside for a rainy day. i don't see why she should be squirrelling hers away. that's (hopefully) how i'd do things.

That is how it is in a normal world.
But Nigeria is abnormal.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by JJYOU: 7:35pm On Jul 03, 2009
Fhemmmy:

That is how it is in a normal world.
But Nigeria is abnormal.
it is for a good purpose. they are mostly saving for such in case day or when the marriage dont work so they have something to fall on.

it is always good to have plan B
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Lita(f): 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2009
so what does the man do if it all falls apart? by all means, maintain a career, a level of independence (which, i concede may mean both keeping a little money aside) but both parties have to invest as much of their energies to create a successful marriage.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2009
JJYOU:

it is for a good purpose. they are mostly saving for such in case day or when the marriage dont work so they have something to fall on.
it is always good to have plan B

When a woman goes into a marriage with a plan B, then Plan A is already a failure.
Besides, i think what they need to do is change the marital law in nigeria to provide for the woman in case the marriage falls apart.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by namun(f): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2009
@michelin
when next you want to respond please read and think properly. if you were able to reason logically and go through my earlier posts you would have noticed i said its not her obligation but she shiold be able to HELP vouloutarily. in other words she is not expected to give all her earnings to her husband. simple. i am not against giving, i am aginst giving ALL to her hgusband. simple
please when you cpomment, comment with sense and reasonin
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2009
namun:

@michelin
when next you want to respond please read and think properly. if you were able to reason logically and go through my earlier posts you would have noticed i said its not her obligation but she shiold be able to HELP vouloutarily. in other words she is not expected to give all her earnings to her husband. simple. i am not against giving, i am aginst giving ALL to her hgusband. simple
please when you cpomment, comment with sense and reasonin

It is her obligation. The kids are also hers. That's an excuse for selfish women. Sorry, but I don't buy it.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by gen2genius(m): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2009
You're right ooo, sis. If the man is obligated to use his income for the welfare of the family; the same should apply to the woman. The home belongs to the two of them, not just the man. wink
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by JJYOU: 11:03am On Jul 06, 2009
Fhemmmy:

When a woman goes into a marriage with a plan B, then Plan A is already a failure.
  now you see why nigeria has mostly weak marriages.  everyone goes into relationships going 2 seperate ways.

Besides, i think what they need to do is change the marital law in nigeria to provide for the woman in case the marriage falls apart.
what would you recommend?
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2009
JJYOU:

now you see why nigeria has mostly weak marriages.  everyone goes into relationships going 2 seperate ways.
what would you recommend? 

Yes, i agree with you whole heartedly.
I think the law needs to change and make sure that the woman is taken cared of when the man decide to kick the woman out all in the name of infidelity or for any reason at all.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by rubi(f): 2:45am On Jul 07, 2009
Look good and help when she wants to but situatiion has changed this days
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by moomo(f): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2009
A wife is surpose to be an help mate though two shall become one,
There4, a good wife should support her husby, close gabs, .

she should be there be4 her husband supplies. i mean she need not wait still her husband provide,
In summary Prov 31 is appropriate answer.
I'm not being religious oooh smiley wink grin
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2009
rubi:

Look good and help when she wants to but situatiion has changed this days

i think that is very wrong.
She must help if she has the means to.
However, like i said earlier wont mind my woman saving the money, so that we can fall back to it when needs be.
BUT, if she is a woman with plan B, we will sure have a formula of contributing to the expenses of the home.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Consultant(f): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2009
For a moment there I thought you said what should a woman do with her EAR RINGS. smiley
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by gen2genius(m): 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2009
grin grin grin
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2009
Consultant:

For a moment there I thought you said what should a woman do with her EAR RINGS. smiley

so now that you know, what shd a woman do with her earnings?
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Consultant(f): 2:21am On Jul 08, 2009
so now that you know, what shd a woman do with her earnings?

Oh, please don't get me started. Look at my old posts. In marriage, I don't believe there is a man's earnings and a woman's earnings. A family has (or should have) one purse. Chikena!
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2009
Consultant:

Oh, please don't get me started. Look at my old posts. In marriage, I don't believe there is a man's earnings and a woman's earnings. A family has (or should have) one purse. Chikena!

In some cases, it is not that easy, so in such cases, what should happen?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Have A Male As House Help? / Your Marriage Is A Fraud! / A Friend Found This On Is Wife Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.