Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. (43743 Views)

"How A University Of Ibadan Best Graduating Student Inherited Royal Curse" / Your Birth Month Determine Your Beauty. "Choose Your Birth Month. / Virginity @25 Is A Curse Not Decency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by doyinisaac(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2016
seangy4konji:
Funniest part about nairaland is that even the girls that use all their life looking for rich guys and doing make up from morning till night will still try to claim they got brains since every one is saying beauty without brain is nothing.

Majority of the ladies we have I. Town now hav got no brains. Only few.
grin some of them are even on this thread.....hypocrites everywhere!!!!they claim Banana island brain on nairaland but in real life they have ajegunle brain.....

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 20, 2016
I don't really like commenting on such controversial topic, but I will put down some points:

1) Preaching this topic to "Nigerian" girls will never change how they think. This is because the boys will fool them into believing that beauty is all that is needed.
2) We are trying to copy the western culture. So whenever you tell a girl that flaunting her body makes you worthless along the line, she reminds you of Kim K, Amber Rose, etc.
3) You can never teach a Pig how to sing. So when you come across such girls, Neglect them, don't feed their Ego. When they seek attention, tell them how principled you are.
4) No 3 can't work because most men think with their Priv@te P@rts and not with their Brains.

Goodkluck to Buhari.

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by kevoh(m): 9:56am On Jan 20, 2016
Sanguine77:

I am encouraging her just that most times she is moody because she never thought she would end up a farmer.
Alright, keep encouraging her. She'll need it!
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Toks2008(m): 9:57am On Jan 20, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Rule number 1: Never feed a lady's ego by complimenting her beauty. The only non-relative whose beauty I'd compliment is a woman I am DATING.

As a matter of fact, I act oblivious of their beauty...even though it is obvious.

THE MORE YOU FEED A WOMAN'S EGO, THE MORE YOU SEEM SERVILE TO HER. HAVE SOME SELF-RESPECT, GUYS!

LOL!

I disagree with your postulations...

Do i need anyone to tell me i am 6ft 3inches? hell NO
Do i need a prophet to tell me im dark? Not at all

A sexy lady knows she is sexy and she neds no one to reaffirm that and telling your girlfriend she is sexy seem to be contradictory to your stand.

A sexy lady knows she is sexy but the bottom line is that she should calm down. Marriage is not the main thing they say but at least by the time you are advanced in age when all your beauty will no longer be attractive,at least you need a family setting and not a solitary confinement so in order not to find yourself lonely latter in life..please..Kpa chara an yagi.

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Kay17: 9:57am On Jan 20, 2016
Toks2008:
Every lady is outwardly beautiful in her own unique way but this piece is about ladies who know they are endowed with outward beauty and i mean ladies whose beauty will make heads turn.

I have seen many ladies flaunt their endowments yet no man is willing to have most of them as wives and I kept wondering what could be wrong.
I have come to know that guys are wiser now and a reasonable man will not mind marrying a humble respectful reserved super ugly lady rather than have a manner-less and sharp tongued sex symbol as a wife but would rather bleep and dump such.

You get several likes in no time whenever you display your pics on social media and they call you Hot girl’, pretty girl’, sexy girl’ yet no man can stay with you neither can you stay with any-man because of your lack of manners and regard for men. Of what use is your outward beauty if you are still single at a marriageable age when the assumed less beautiful ladies are settling down happily and quickly?

This has nothing to do with mockery in anyway but let's face it. Is it not funny that a lady so endowed with physical beauty will remain single in her thirties or even late twenties? Definitely something must be wrong somewhere and most times if checked we will realize that these ladies are the cause and has nothing to do with men.

[b]Most hot chics are arrogant, proud,impatient.too picky,disrespectful and always eager to turn down men or break up promising relationships because their beauty easily controls them and they believe a new man will always come around in no time.

More pathetic is the fact that many hot chics seem to believe they can achieve more in life with their physical beauty rather than hard work or even academic qualifications.We can see such in many tertiary institutions and business organizations whoring their way up their career ladder or to get good grades.

Most of these hot chics as they call them are intellectually dumb and i begin to wonder if their hotness is actually an exchange for their brains. Many of them can not hold up intelligent conversations but are always mostly concerned about fashion and very eager to expose their body shamelessly for the world to see forgetting that by so doing,they are shutting the doors of their life to responsible men while attracting those who are only interested in sampling the product they are advertising.

And after it dawns on them how reckless they have been,they usually come up with these defensive consolatory lines that "Everybody has a past,They are happy the way they are,marriage is not for everyone,i don't need marriage to be happy" but they secretely cry inside and wished they can turn back the hands of time.

[/b]
Yes your looks will win you so many men; both the good, and the bad, but your inner beauty, your character and manner are the things that will determine whether any of those men would stay or run after accomplishing their missions.

The dumbest thing i have heard a hot chic say is "I'm so hot that at least 10 men approach me in a week"

NEWS FLASH!: A thousand men can approach you in one month yet none of these men will be interested in walking you down the Aile but will only use your sorry ass and dump you.

On the final note please let this sink into your brain.."If you think you are too hot to be with one man then be ready to be sampled by many men..the choice is all yours.

Be reasonable and understand that there is a thin line between when your beauty becomes a blessing or a curse on you...be wise.

Hope this makes a little sense.

The undercurrent in this OP is pure bitterness! Your failure and inability to seduce "beautiful" women is converted into a false morality.

Women are aware of the discriminatory eyes of men. And how men coldly categorise women into beautiful and ugly entities. So the feeling is mutual. Besides not all "beautiful" women suffer the fate you think they deserve.

True beauty means perfection. Perfection of wisdom, physique, compassion, holiness etc. If you are attracted to physical beauties then your problem is within yourself.

I think you need to worry more about your disability.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by cheruv: 9:58am On Jan 20, 2016
Vikky014:
To the beautiful well endowed lady out there. u dnt need any guy to tell u how hot or sexy u r bfore u know it. Most guys are fond of hyping us the best thing is for u to hype urslf in ur room bfore going out so dt the side comments from guys out there wont get to ur head

Be careful of how u flaunt urslf on social media bc u will b attracting many irresponsible guys to urslf dt will be confusing you with sweet mouth till you get laid

To the guys stop making it obvious to us how hot or sexy you think we are..it makes most of us to take u for granted. evn if a girl is hot dnt ring it to her ear always. atleast learn to yab her small she will cool down.

Sonofmark nailed it
Toks2008 nice write up.
Mmm
I too have noticed it...when you praise a girl,most times she starts been funny undecided since then I'd decided not to complement any girl,and if I must do it I'd coat it with "yabbing".
That way I'd be able to gauge her intellectual maturity with her response without been blinded by a beauty that might fade when she starts dropping kids.
The only time I can unreservedly flatter you is when I know its part of the program that'd get me beyond your panties cool

2 Likes

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 20, 2016
Why won't she be sexy? When a man looks at a woman the first thing he notices is her boobs,that's how we're wired. Will I marry an ugly lady(scoffs),like she's gonna come cheap.
Ladies just use your beauty the right way, that's all that matters.

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Toks2008(m): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2016
Kay17:

The undercurrent in this OP is pure bitterness! Your failure and inability to seduce "beautiful" women is converted into a false morality.

Women are aware of the discriminatory eyes of men. And how men coldly categorise women into beautiful and ugly entities. So the feeling is mutual. Besides not all "beautiful" women suffer the fate you think they deserve.

True beauty means perfection. Perfection of wisdom, physique, compassion, holiness etc. If you are attracted to physical beauties then your problem is within yourself.

I think you need to worry more about your disability.

Honestly i would have given you an A for your comment if you had not added the vague and baseless first line.

Please learn to be more intellectual without getting sarcastically confrontational. I have no idea where you got that first line freom.

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Sanguine77(m): 10:06am On Jan 20, 2016
kevoh:

Alright, keep encouraging her. She'll need it!
You are right but I am keeping her at arms length cos she wants marriage too.

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by free2blast(m): 10:13am On Jan 20, 2016
Itsmenyou:
Could you please stop with sermonising women. Women this, women that! For Pete's sake stop! Women really do not need a man sounding like a broken record, telling them what to do, how to act, what to wear, how to live! Leave women alone. Oh I get it. You write this to drive traffic, to make you popular, and little wonder. You have men who think as you do. Men whose lives are a mess but want to keep ruining women's lives as they've always done. Get a life!
I dont know if you a man or a woman, but this message has hit you in the right place.

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by viktor01(m): 10:15am On Jan 20, 2016
Toks2008:

grin
That moment when you have slept with countless number of guys and then you turn a new leaf and say "all is in the past"

I dey tell you, and they will suddenly find there way to any church and become a committed worker hoping for one innocent brother to fall victim.

I swear if I discovered after marriage, am calling it quit, Bleep that "behold, old things have pass away and all things have become new scam"

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Apelex(m): 10:19am On Jan 20, 2016
The simple fact is that most beautiful girls let there beauty get into their head.they feel so much humor.they feel they are on top of the world.meanwhile a worthless trash of indecent being only gud for what dey portray...went to Genesis the one day..saw one of them,as she came out of the place something fell from her bag.her smaller purse.I picked it up only for the following conversation to take place...

Me- Hello excuse me-you Dr.......
She- pls pls excuse me am in a hurry.....

I was like WTF.her ego cudnt even let her notice DAT I was Golding her purse with.
Pips inside the fastfood. Dey just laughed nd shakes their head.it was very funny.she den came back looking all confused.I watched as she went to the security guy asking him if he saw her stuff. I was already opened the door of my car.d guy pointed at me.she came and was apologizing heavily.I rint even say a word.I just told her I had dropped her purse in the counter.I just drove away...

I met her again somewhere .we Even dated .I banged her and left her the fvck alone.her character was unbearable...

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by orakao8: 10:23am On Jan 20, 2016
3 GBOSA FOR YOU
Agubushmenyo:
I don't really like commenting on such controversial topic, but I will put down some points:

1) Preaching this topic to "Nigerian" girls will never change how they think. This is because the boys will fool them into believing that beauty is all that is needed.
2) We are trying to copy the western culture. So whenever you tell a girl that flaunting her body makes you worthless along the line, she reminds you of Kim K, Amber Rose, etc.
3) You can never teach a Pig how to sing. So when you come across such girls, Neglect them, don't feed their Ego. When they seek attention, tell them how principled you are.
4) No 3 can't work because most men think with their Priv@te P@rts and not with their Brains.

Goodkluck to Buhari.
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Toks2008(m): 10:24am On Jan 20, 2016
Apelex:
The simple fact is that most beautiful girls let there beauty get into their head.they feel so much humor.they feel they are on top of the world.meanwhile a worthless trash of indecent being only gud for what dey portray...went to Genesis the one day..saw one of them,as she came out of the place something fell from her bag.her smaller purse.I picked it up only for the following conversation to take place...

I was like WTF.her ego cudnt even let her notice DAT I was Golding her purse with.
Pips inside the fastfood. Dey just laughed nd shakes their head.it was very funny.she den came back looking all confused.I watched as she went to the security guy asking him if he saw her stuff. I was already opened the door of my car.d guy pointed at me.she came and was apologizing heavily.I rint even say a word.I just told her I had dropped her purse in the counter.I just drove away...

I met her again somewhere .we Even dated .I banged her and left her the fvck alone.her character was unbearable...

You see wat i mean?

That is why i comport myself with dignity online and offline because i can't stand the arrogance of some ladies.

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by edetty(m): 10:24am On Jan 20, 2016
op. ,,,ur so spot on,,am glad u dropped this,, very thoughtful,, matter of fact it's like a remake of the one I dropped last week,, though nine is based 9n social intelligence and the future,, feel free guys to check that out on my profile and share ur views.
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by talktonase(m): 10:27am On Jan 20, 2016
octopusfreaky:
shocked My friends call me "sexy" cox of my shape ,,no offence cox dats how i was created by God,i didnt choose to be like that.
ok Madame sexy
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by seangy4konji: 10:40am On Jan 20, 2016
Dem boku for the thread.no brains.they got nothing to offer really in the real world.
doyinisaac:
grin some of them are even on this thread.....hypocrites everywhere!!!!they claim Banana island brain on nairaland but in real life they have ajegunle brain.....

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by octopusfreaky(f): 10:46am On Jan 20, 2016
talktonase:
ok Madame sexy
lol,thanks ..
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Vikky014(f): 10:54am On Jan 20, 2016
Itsmenyou:
Really? Now It's be careful how you flaunt yourself on social media? Women! Men condition you to think a certain way and you swallow their suggestions hook, line and sinker. What is wrong with y'all? So because a man refuses to control the thing between his legs we must make an entire gender pay for this? And the women now buy the fight and become the enforcers for patriarchy on fellow women?! Have you told the likes of PSquare to be careful posting their "eggplants" on social media? So why shouldn't a lady post flattering photos of herself on instagram, or what do you think the gram is for? Give yourselves brain women, and stop being so programmed by men that you lose your capacity to think!

HEY.............. DID U ACTUALLY READ MY WRITE UP BFORE TYPING THIS SERMON

PLS READ IT AGAIN ABEGI SINCE YOU HV THE CAPACITY TO THINK
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Vikky014(f): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2016
cheruv:

Mmm
I too have noticed it...when you praise a girl,most times she starts been funny undecided since then I'd decided not to complement any girl,and if I must do it I'd coat it with "yabbing".
That way I'd be able to gauge her intellectual maturity with her response without been blinded by a beauty that might fade when she starts dropping kids.
The only time I can unreservedly flatter you is when I know its part of the program that'd get me beyond your panties cool
LOL

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Vikky014(f): 10:59am On Jan 20, 2016
Toks2008:

It is not even about getting a verbal endorsement from anyone about how sexy or hot you are.

The point is simple...Calm down and let your good virtues be more prominent in your life rather than allowing your outwarde beauty get into your head.
OK. NOTED smiley
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:02am On Jan 20, 2016
Just like I'v learnt from pastor kingsley okonkwo.
There is very little one can do with beauty, but so much can be done with ATTRACTION. No matter how you look, you need to POSSESS the ABILITY TO ATTRACT( for ur business, or relationship etc)

1) Have a healthy self esteem: people will see you the way you see yourself. Confidence is a very attractiv trait, that's why you can see an Ugly boy with the most beautiful chicks

2) Get a life: there is a glow that comes with being purposeful

3) Mental development: Intelligent people attract people. Read, observe, ask questions, be curious. It'll make you attractive in your daily conversation

4) And lastly Self support service: Eat well, exercise, take care of your body. Dress & smell good. Remmbr you'll be addressed the way you are dressed!

#bible says : a beautiful woman without good judgment is like having a ring in the pigs snout

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by kevoh(m): 11:09am On Jan 20, 2016
Sanguine77:

You are right but I am keeping her at arms length cos she wants marriage too.
You dey fear? grin grin No worry she won't trap you with pregnancy!
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Vikky014(f): 11:15am On Jan 20, 2016
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by uzolexis(f): 11:20am On Jan 20, 2016
Toks2008:
Every lady is outwardly beautiful in her own unique way but this piece is about ladies who know they are endowed with outward beauty and i mean ladies whose beauty will make heads turn.

I have seen many ladies flaunt their endowments yet no man is willing to have most of them as wives and I kept wondering what could be wrong.
I have come to know that guys are wiser now and a reasonable man will not mind marrying a humble respectful reserved super ugly lady rather than have a manner-less and sharp tongued sex symbol as a wife but would rather bleep and dump such.

You get several likes in no time whenever you display your pics on social media and they call you Hot girl’, pretty girl’, sexy girl’ yet no man can stay with you neither can you stay with any-man because of your lack of manners and regard for men. Of what use is your outward beauty if you are still single at a marriageable age when the assumed less beautiful ladies are settling down happily and quickly?

This has nothing to do with mockery in anyway but let's face it. Is it not funny that a lady so endowed with physical beauty will remain single in her thirties or even late twenties? Definitely something must be wrong somewhere and most times if checked we will realize that these ladies are the cause and has nothing to do with men.

[b]Most hot chics are arrogant, proud,impatient.too picky,disrespectful and always eager to turn down men or break up promising relationships because their beauty easily controls them and they believe a new man will always come around in no time.

More pathetic is the fact that many hot chics seem to believe they can achieve more in life with their physical beauty rather than hard work or even academic qualifications.We can see such in many tertiary institutions and business organizations whoring their way up their career ladder or to get good grades.

Most of these hot chics as they call them are intellectually dumb and i begin to wonder if their hotness is actually an exchange for their brains. Many of them can not hold up intelligent conversations but are always mostly concerned about fashion and very eager to expose their body shamelessly for the world to see forgetting that by so doing,they are shutting the doors of their life to responsible men while attracting those who are only interested in sampling the product they are advertising.

And after it dawns on them how reckless they have been,they usually come up with these defensive consolatory lines that "Everybody has a past,They are happy the way they are,marriage is not for everyone,i don't need marriage to be happy" but they secretely cry inside and wished they can turn back the hands of time.

[/b]
Yes your looks will win you so many men; both the good, and the bad, but your inner beauty, your character and manner are the things that will determine whether any of those men would stay or run after accomplishing their missions.

The dumbest thing i have heard a hot chic say is "I'm so hot that at least 10 men approach me in a week"

NEWS FLASH!: A thousand men can approach you in one month yet none of these men will be interested in walking you down the Aile but will only use your sorry ass and dump you.

On the final note please let this sink into your brain.."If you think you are too hot to be with one man then be ready to be sampled by many men..the choice is all yours.

Be reasonable and understand that there is a thin line between when your beauty becomes a blessing or a curse on you...be wise.

Absolute balderdash
So if a lady is in her late 20s or 30s and is not married there is something wrong with her. Pls reset your brain as this archaic thinking doesnt help. Marriage is not the ultimate in life, it is important YES but that does not mean that any lady who is in her late 20s or 30s and is not married has a bad character.
I am pretty, smart, well behaved,have a great carrier (fact)and I am single in my late 20s. This is not because I have not had marriage proposal or proposals from a lot of guys but this is my personal decision. I am seeing someone who is currently doing his Msc and will finish in June this year and I am waiting for him to finish, get a job and all that before we start a family. I wont say it's been easy cos of the temptation from various guys but I know what I want.
It's high time pple realise that a woman's world or achievement doesn't revolve around marriage. Some pple are married and miserable,some pple are single and happy and vice versa
So pls stop spewing trash.....Thank you kiss
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by charlemon: 11:21am On Jan 20, 2016
viktor01:
About one of the most sensible posts I have read.

"Everybody has a past,"

I hate this phrase, in as much as everybody has a past, the truth is that not everybody has a dirty past.

Some people's dirty past could make Satan jump

Mr viktor01, Everyone has a dirty past for your information. What you think isn't a big deal to you may be considered as a taboo to others. So do not ever think that the standard you use to judge an act is the universal one. The last time I checked, all sins are equal in the bible which means all are dirty to GOD the overall JUDGE
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by fromnigeria(m): 11:24am On Jan 20, 2016
Toks2008:
[b]

well written toks2008.

Welllllll done.
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by uzolexis(f): 11:38am On Jan 20, 2016
Apelex:

her character was unbearable yet you banged her
Why don't pple see the fault in men? The woman is always the one at fault.

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Nnemuka(f): 11:47am On Jan 20, 2016
na woman matter go kill you op.
sadist
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Sanguine77(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2016
kevoh:

You dey fear? grin grin No worry she won't trap you with pregnancy!
I have proposed to another so no way.

1 Like

Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 20, 2016
Toks2008:

[/b]

this man is now gradually overtaken tosen2much in romanceland.

How una check am?
Re: When Your Beauty Becomes a curse. by godinbed(m): 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
naughtynaughty:
Fr a minit I tot dis ur writeup wil neva end. Oga u don taya? Kontunu wit ur lamentation nah
@op... This is the girl u've been looking for !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies: A Smoker, A Womaniser Or A Drunk? / Adetola Adegbohun And Tutu's Wedding Photos. A Nairalander Weds / Why Are Men Scared Of Marrying Female Nurses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.