Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1362917 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (966) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 02, 2018
I see the Army shortlisting 40 per state for SSC.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 9:46am On Nov 02, 2018
bolakale30:

It will be difficult to get one as it's usually state government issued rather than primary school
U can get it from schools u just need a sure link. This is Nigeria u can even get it outside the school the only problem is no record of that but when u get it in school they will add ur name to their log.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 11:47am On Nov 02, 2018
CaptainStephen:
you are good to go if its not your front teethes and dont have beyond salvageable decays, i was also missing a tooth during my medicals, that was 10 years ago sha smiley
thanks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 02, 2018
Any hope for flat foot or gap tooth?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2018
Mafialeader:
this teeth issue sef, i had mine removed since 2009 and its at the extreme left side of my mouth and no visible at all sef.
Importance is not really attached to the last molars. So you should scale through with that. The premolars, incisors and cannines should b present and be in good condition
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2018
Lynette2cute:
Nothing wrong with gap tooth.
But flat foot has a problem. They don't want it at all because such people can't wear boots for long.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

Nothing wrong with gap tooth.
But flat foot has a problem. They don't want it at all because such people can't wear boots for long.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2018
bolakale30:
I'm sorry if this issue has been treated before, but I would like to ask again. I don't have a First leaving school certificate. I didn't complete primary 6. But I have a sworn affidavit. Any advice for me please help! I intend to apply for the DSSC.

O boy listen up...
If you can get Testimonial from ur primary school, you are good to go.

FSLC has been stopped. Schools just issue Testimonial and that's all.

Caveat though, I am talking about Lagos and Kwara. I don't know if that's applicable to every other state in Nigeria.

I finished primary school in 2003, and all I got was a Testimonial from my primary school and that's all.

So if you go and runs FSLC from one place and u input a year in which FSLC was no longer issued, o boy u don jones be that ooo undecided

Just go to ur school and get ur Testimonial, make sure ur DOB, NAMES and Years are correct.
You are good to go.
Good day.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 3:00pm On Nov 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

O boy listen up...

Caveat though, I am talking about Lagos and Kwara. I don't know if that's applicable to every other state in Nigeria.

I finished primary school in 2003, and all I got was a Testimonial from my primary school and that's all.

So if you go and runs FSLC from one place and u input a year in which FSLC was no longer issued, o boy u don jones be that ooo undecided

Just go to ur school and get ur Testimonial, make sure ur DOB, NAMES and Years are correct.
You are good to go.
Good day.

Some testimonials no get date of birth like mine that's why I have to get another one because I went back to my school am told no certificate except the testimonial and again there are fuse about primary school certificate.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ogoh4(m): 3:03pm On Nov 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

O boy listen up...

You are good to go.
Good day.
I also finished my primary school 2003 in Lagos and I was given FSLC grin
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 3:05pm On Nov 02, 2018
Pls can someone come in here to analyze primary school certificate and testimonial issues pls
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2018
ogoh4:
Seriously that was part of the issue that makes me to opt for another school FSLC cos I was told certificate stops 2001 and am 2002 set and seriously I don't want problem with primary cert
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2018
shobroy10:

Some testimonials no get date of birth like mine that's why I have to get another one because I went back to my school am told no certificate except the testimonial and again there are fuse about primary school certificate.

Doesn't matter if ur Testimonial doesnt have ur DOB. Just make sure other dates on it makes sense with ur age.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 3:10pm On Nov 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Doesn't matter if ur Testimonial doesnt have ur DOB. Just make sure other dates on it makes sense with ur age.
Are u from Kwara?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2018
ogoh4:

Guy make sure that thing is not "Oluwole"

You think Army doesn't know that FSLC has been stopped ?

Anyway, I my self don't know exactly when it was stopped.

Good luck to you sir.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2018
shobroy10:

Are u from Kwara?
Affirmative
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Babatundeh26: 3:15pm On Nov 02, 2018
bros I never hear where testimonials dey carry DOB oh
abiodunalasa:

O boy listen up...

You are good to go.
Good day.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Affirmative

Me too and I won't lie guy the testimonial I was given during my msc screening I was told it's fake that it cant replace certificate that's why I have to just get another cert to avoid sheet like this.
Wc part of KWA
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2018
Babatundeh26:
bros I never hear where testimonials dey carry DOB oh

That means my primary school was very meticulous... grin grin grin

Its ok sha just make sure every other dates on it correlates with ur age.
That's what Army wanna check.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2018
shobroy10:

Me too and I won't lie guy the testimonial I was given during my msc screening I was told it's fake that it cant replace certificate that's why I have to just get another cert to avoid sheet like this.
Wc part of KWA

My Testimonial up till now no one as ever said it is fake.
Doing my Msc too in Unilorin.

So if someone spot ur Testimonial to be fake, then u should check urself.
There's no smoke without fire.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

My Testimonial up till now no one as ever said it is fake. Doing my Msc too in Unilorin.
So if someone spot ur Testimonial to be fake, then u should check urself. There's no smoke without fire.
Ok
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 6:44pm On Nov 02, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

Importance is not really attached to the last molars. So you should scale through with that. The premolars, incisors and cannines should b present and be in good condition
nagode brother, lemme go google incisors, premolars and Co.

e Don tey wey man do forget cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ELJC(m): 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
Mafialeader:

All this stuff u guys re doing jst putting unnecessary fear in ur minds, the most important tin nw is to pray for Gods favour nd also do ur part by reading and exercising.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by intrepidjay1(m): 7:44pm On Nov 02, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

something
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by bm25(m): 7:55pm On Nov 02, 2018
Some local government chairman are devil's incarnates.

Start lobbying them.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:07pm On Nov 02, 2018
Mafialeader:

One of my teeth(lower lateral Incisors) is slightly bent inwards and not aligned with others, but it is very strong. Hope say no problem make I no weda na to use plier do the needful ASAP
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2018
ugo4u:

One of my teeth(lower lateral Incisors) is slightly bent inwards and not aligned with others, but it is very strong. Hope say no problem make I no weda na to use plier do the needful ASAP

The Lord will see you through.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 5:46am On Nov 03, 2018
Lynette2cute:
for flat foot don't bother applying but gap tooth no wahala
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 7:59am On Nov 03, 2018
Faith is the substance of things hoped, for the evidence of things not yet seen.
Na like this I go run this morning, getting ready psychologically and spiritually. AFSB Don start for my mind oo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:31am On Nov 03, 2018
Mafialeader:
Faith is the substance of things hoped, for the evidence of things not yet seen.
Na like this I go run this morning, getting ready psychologically and spiritually. AFSB NASB Don start for my mind oo cheesy
That's the spirit bro, since the begining of the week I have being having serious body pain due to Jogging, pressup grin(body is adjusting to the new regime).
No pain No gain..
Are you SSC?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bakar1: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2018
Gentle Men cadets

I think almost all questions that have been asked has one way or the other revolved around how the interview is going to be, but why can't you all move further to ask these gentle men officers these following questions on when enlisted what actually happens sometimes as to give you more morale of kill the one you have already.

@Sherrif232 and @mangojuice can you cracked officers help the intending cadets share your experiences at training which could be much but would be glad if you could treat these questions with the answers if not more for those enthusiasts wishing to know more than just the surface.

1. Most of the intending cadets would like to know how, when selected how is it inside as per SSC and DSSC like how would the cadets be welcomed..? Like would they start hunching from the gates and the likes how would they be given their battalions and their kits any grooming party and stuffs of that nature.

2. How is training like e.g first 3 months would it be bloody is it all about jobs and all, how do people buy job and how's it paid for, obstacle crossing going to visit various formations, what drills are taught and as from what month to what month e.g matching, weapons handling e.t.c Bush camping is it done how and where, are there classes what are being taught and all.

3. As some joined for the pay would you be as kind as giving them the range as for SSC being a lieutenant and DSSC being a 2nd Lieutenant their salary and perks are they given allowances how is the allowance paid and all what other packages and benefits are there when one joins as oppose some other jobs, as well as what they get when in camp e.g what they would be paid in camp and what they are entitled to. after camp would they be given a huge bucks like a sign on fee to be able to set up their house and get a ride and stuffs like that because some see it as a means to get out of unemployment others see it as a means to upgrade pay so that they would know what they are getting into.

4. The HTACOS can you please explain to them how it's run I.e how many years from one rank to another how many exams one needs to pass run out date on rank based on age and the likes so they know what they are facing so as not to be stagnant, as well as to calculate their ages and know their fits and their last laps and how promotions are done.

5. Are appointments given to cadets in camp just like the regulars that get appointments and what are those appointments and what do they mean and their duties and pros and cons as well.

6. Are SSC and DSSC cadets sent for courses abroad just like the regulars that the best in a field in the three arms are sent abroad to go complete his/her training is that also found there or after pipping is there any way they give best in anything where such is sent on courses abroad.

7. And accommodation after being commissioned how is it done like we all know there are barracks almost all over the country how is it done and given out duo almost everything is delapedated can one get his own accommodation outside and rent is there any support like allowance paid for those not staying in the barracks and all.

8. In terms of pass i.e going out not AWOL how many passes are given to both the SSC and DSSC and what does pass entails.

9. Hows the POP going to be preparations on terms of drills matching and how's the launch and dinner of POP going to be.

10. How are deployment letters given is it same day or when and how are you guys mobilized to go to your new unit were you guys given breaks before resuming work fully.

I don't mind gentle men officers writing epistle on each questions so as to get the intenders more grounded for what they are about to face information is power but when used as well as when harnessed from the right channel.

I think @lebete3000 can also share part of his experience he had in DSSC as well.

The army job is not a job for all, its a job well bought and well served.

Intending cadets stop assuming
You would suffer is that clear..?
What is clear..?

You all would be cracked to be born again is that clear...?

This is so we won't have deserters when they all come for training or saying had I known I wouldn't have left my civilian job, so as not to loose on both ends, as well as to give space to others who are willing, able and ready.

I think I would stop here for the intending cadets more can also be asked if they so wish.

CC Sherrif232, Mangojuice, Lebete3000

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (966) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.