Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1363547 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (966) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 12:28pm On Jun 23, 2020
ugo4u:

grin grin you never still Sabi Wetin you wan put head inside.

I have said it time and again, the guy is a child with idealistic dreams.

I hope he is alive after a week in Bornu to live his fantasies
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2020
grin grin grin e think say na movie until he is involved then he will know what's up. What's the essence of dying like chicken and your family suffers. He thinks those in borno are happy to be there, most are praying to be transferred
Blueelf:

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2020
I will hang this pip sha! If posting carry me go NE! There would be nothing joyful about going there! Lol y’all Ben when you think you aren’t at the frontlines, ordinarily putting on the uniform daily is a risk! From blood seeking bandits to iswap or boko haram that go around like civilians. The job is dangerous but mhen guy don’t anticipate NE!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jelraj(m): 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
sikowitz17:
I will hang this pip sha! If posting carry me go NE! There would be nothing joyful about going there! Lol y’all Ben when you think you aren’t at the frontlines, ordinarily putting on the uniform daily is a risk! From blood seeking bandits to iswap or boko haram that go around like civilians. The job is dangerous but mhen guy don’t anticipate NE!

What I've been trying to make people understand...

It's just like being a cultist, you watch your back till u retire... Sacrifice we all have to make..
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2020
Exactly what i'm trying to let him know but e be like say e dey sweet am for body so let him face it
sikowitz17:
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sleuthhound: 4:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
Dannyhonda:
Leave am, e tink say na movie. I pray they pick him and give him that war he wants. Last last na senior officers go carry him wife if his enemy dies
lmao.....rambo no dey kpai 4 film na...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2020
I am unperturbed......every soul shall taste death. Thanks for the input brothers
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ibrahrem9606: 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
SpecialAgent:
I am unperturbed......every soul shall taste death. Thanks for the input brothers
kullu naffsin za'i katul maut.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2020
But Rambo die for the present movie o
sleuthhound:
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 6:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
Blueelf:

...and unfortunately, life isn't ideal
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by nora2018(m): 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2020
sleuthhound:
because is scripted you cant script Boko attacks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Blueelf: 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2020
odimbannamdi:

...and unfortunately, life isn't ideal

Yea my Bro...

Hope life's good brother.

Been meaning to copy you and ugo4u with sikowitz on something....

I've been observing the war in the NE for sometime now and I have arrived at the following theories:

1. The ISWAP guys are better trained and more battle hardened than our soldiers. The NA has few vets and many have been killed off in the war. Many officers are green horns and don't know their left from right... And the NA don't have mustang officers(those ones who rose from recruit to lieutenant et all)...if they have, they are very few. These mustangs tend to be better at field craft and have more experience..

2. The morale is low among the rank and file of the NA.. Weapons are non functional and in a latest video released by Bokoharam in an attack on a town in Bornu, NA tanks were torched (probably because of their non functionality).

3. The COAS and other service chiefs may be prominent members of the cabal that is siphoning arms funds or they may know those who are but they are afraid of confronting them.

4 What's the average life expectancy of a newly commissioned officer in Bornu? 1 day, 2 weeks or a few hours...

5 How many soldiers are killed per day?

Please kindly weigh in.

Cc Ugo4u, sikowitz
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Richieurch(m): 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2020
ibrahrem9606:

kullu naffsin za'i katul maut.

Baba vex speak Hausa by force
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
Blueelf:

Yea my Bro...

Hope life's good brother.

Been meaning to copy you and ugo4u with sikowitz on something....

I've been observing the war in the NE for sometime now and I have arrived at the following theories:

1. The ISWAP guys are better trained and more battle hardened than our soldiers. The NA has few vets and many have been killed off in the war. Many officers are green horns and don't know their left from right... And the NA don't have mustang officers(those ones who rose from recruit to lieutenant et all)...if they have, they are very few. These mustangs tend to be better at field craft and have more experience..

2. The morale is low among the rank and file of the NA.. Weapons are non functional and in a latest video released by Bokoharam in an attack on a town in Bornu, NA tanks were torched (probably because of their non functionality).

3. The COAS and other service chiefs may be prominent members of the cabal that is siphoning arms funds or they may know those who are but they are afraid of confronting them.

4 What's the average life expectancy of a newly commissioned officer in Bornu? 1 day, 2 weeks or a few hours...

5 How many soldiers are killed per day?

Please kindly weigh in.

Cc Ugo4u, sikowitz

1a) They're no where near better trained than the Nigerian army and in extension the military.
The Nigerian armed forces are amongst the top trained military in Africa especially academically and in conventional warfare, records abound from Sierra Leone, Liberia, Burma etc it is worthy of note that the Nigerian army dealt with the rebels in Somalia the same rebels that almost routed the US army.
BHT seems to be a formidable militia because of their style of fighting which is asymetric(Guerilla warfare) and wrt to that, NA is still learning the books in effectively fighting unconventional war, insurgency started barely 10yrs ago in Nigeria. Again allover the world the fight against terrorism is very difficult. The US have reached a peace deal with the Taliban's after many years of fruitless fight. It took the Sri-lankan military almost 20yrs to defeat the Tamil Tigers. Insurgency is very difficult to tackle as the enemies most atimes hits you and run there are no defined lines. Also the personnel of the NA and the insurgents have a totally different ideology, whilst the former fights to defend his homeland he also have hopes of returning to his families someday but the latter's todo list is to Choose paradise, possess wives and meet God
in the afterlife. A Russian soldier said "when terrorists see the nozzle of a gun all they see is paradise". So religious ideology makes them tough and carefree that's why they seem to be more battle hardened but the truth is that the NA is better trained and better equipped than them irrespective of the atrocities they commit. Remember the NA is a professional army and are bound by the international laws/Geneva convention on war, nothing concerns Bokoharam with all these conventions. The NA can't use certain weapons on the enemy like AA, but bokoharam are at liberty to use all kinds of unconventional weapons on humans. They use Anti-aircraft guns(AA) etc used to shoot down aircrafts against our soldiers.
Another point worthy of note is that BHT identifies their target usually isolated bases then use numerical strength (High volume firepower) to displace the bases.They collect Intels of the numerical strength of our soldiers in a certain base and triple the number to attack them, that's why the army of recent came up with the Super Camp tactics to checkmate their excesses and it has worked perfectly but the problem with the tactics is that many soldiers have being withdrawn from outposts and fronts given BH leeway to operate as they want in many towns, we don't have enough men on ground to hold positions Borno state alone is bigger than the entire southeast we need atleast 70,000 boots on ground in the north east to properly hold recovered territories.
b) As for personnel who rise through the ranks the NA have alot of them infact the army regularly promote many of them to the officer cadre that's why we have executive commissioning where senior NCOs are promoted to the officer cadres.

2) The term "Morale being low" is quite bogus, it's not uncommon for troops who had setbacks in battle to go rogue, in that moment of confusion anything can happen its is more of a psychological thing, it happens to all militaries in the world. That's why the army enlists Psychologists, physiotherapist, Mental health experts etal to talk and administer treatment to soldiers.
3) No idea
4) No idea
5) It's irrelevant, No military in the world will come out and tell you their rate of attrition atleast not in the middle of a war lest you give your enemies tools for propaganda.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
Sir Ugo4U, God bless U for Us.. U are indeed a blessing to this Noble thread... I pray the Lord Almighty Shall Answer ur Prayers and Grant U your Silent Requests B4 THIS YEAR RUNS OUT (AMEN)

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
ugo4u:

1a) They're no where near better trained than the Nigerian army and in extension the military.
The Nigerian armed forces are amongst the top trained military in Africa especially academically and in conventional warfare, records abound from Sierra Leone, Liberia, Burma etc it is worthy of note that the Nigerian army dealt with the rebels in Somalia the same rebels that almost routed the US army.
BHT seems to be a formidable militia because of their style of fighting which is asymetric(Guerilla warfare) and wrt to that, NA is still learning the books in effectively fighting unconventional war, insurgency started barely 10yrs ago in Nigeria. Again allover the world the fight against terrorism is very difficult. The US have reached a peace deal with the Taliban's after many years of fruitless fight. It took the Sri-lankan military almost 20yrs to defeat the Tamil Tigers. Insurgency is very difficult to tackle as the enemies most atimes hits you and run there are no defined lines. Also the personnel of the NA and the insurgents have a totally different ideology, whilst the former fights to defend his homeland he also have hopes of returning to his families someday but the latter's todo list is to Choose paradise, possess wives and meet God
in the afterlife. A Russian soldier said "when terrorists see the nozzle of a gun all they see is paradise". So religious ideology makes them tough and carefree that's why they seem to be more battle hardened but the truth is that the NA is better trained and better equipped than them irrespective of the atrocities they commit. Remember the NA is a professional army and are bound by the international laws/Geneva convention on war, nothing concerns Bokoharam with all these conventions. The NA can't use certain weapons on the enemy like AA, but bokoharam are at liberty to use all kinds of unconventional weapons on humans. They use Anti-aircraft guns(AA) etc used to shoot down aircrafts against our soldiers.
Another point worthy of note is that BHT identifies their target usually isolated bases then use numerical strength (High volume firepower) to displace the bases.They collect Intels of the numerical strength of our soldiers in a certain base and triple the number to attack them, that's why the army of recent came up with the Super Camp tactics to checkmate their excesses and it has worked perfectly but the problem with the tactics is that many soldiers have being withdrawn from outposts and fronts given BH leeway to operate as they want in many towns, we don't have enough men on ground to hold positions Borno state alone is bigger than the entire southeast we need atleast 70,000 boots on ground in the north east to properly hold recovered territories.
b) As for personnel who rise through the ranks the NA have alot of them infact the army regularly promote many of them to the officer cadre that's why we have executive commissioning where senior NCOs are promoted to the officer cadres.

2) The term "Morale being low" is quite bogus, it's not uncommon for troops who had setbacks in battle to go rogue, in that moment of confusion anything can happen is more of psychological, it happens to all militaries in the world. That's why the army enlists Psychologists, physiotherapist, Mental health experts etal to talk and administer treatment to soldiers.
3) No idea
4) No idea
5) It's irrelevant, No military in the world will come out and tell you their rate of attrition atleast not in the middle of a war lest you give your enemies tools for propaganda.
lol nothing more can be said after this! Even me I learnt from this
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
And as for the Guerilla Warfare Civilian General Ugo4U talked briefly about earlier, THE FOLLOWING BOOKS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED::

(1) (a)CALAMITY, (b)STEEL HEART, (c)FIRE FIGHT ALL 3 BOOKS by Brandon Sanderson

(2) FIRE RESISTANCE by H Von Dach

(3) COUNTERINSURGENCY WARFARE (Theory and Practice) By David Galula

(4) INVISIBLE ARMIES by Max Boot

(5) HANDBOOK OF REVOLUTIONARY WARFARE by Kwame Nkrumah

(6) THE ACCIDENTAL GUERILLA (FIGHTING SMALL WARS IN THE MIDST OF A BIG ONE) By David Kilcullen

(7) ON GUERILLA WARFARE by Mao Tse-Tung

(cool GUERILLA WARFARE by Ernesto Che Guevara

(9) THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN by Ali Ahmad Jalali and Lester W Grau

(10) MODERN WARFARE (A French View of Counterinsurgency) By Roger Trinquier

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
THE WAY FORWARD AS REGARD THE ELIMINATION OF THE BOKO-ISWAP GUYS

FIRST, POLICYMAKERS SHOULD CEASE MAKING CLAIMS OF VICTORY, TECHNICAL OR OTHERWISE. Victory against insurgencies is as much about managing popular expectations as it is about success on the battlefield. Claiming that Boko Haram has been, or eminently will be, defeated, makes it easy for the group to undermine the narrative with every attack. Instead, authorities should be realistic. According to one of the definitive studies  on the subject, “lasting insurgency endings are not shaped by military action, but by social, economic and political change.” Particularly around Lake Chad, Boko Haram remains deeply politically and economically integrated into the communities that it controls. It is unlikely to be dislodged any time soon.

SECOND, CIVIL SOCIETY AND STATE GOVERNMENTS NEED MORE AUTHORITY AND SUPPORT TO MANAGE THE CONFLICT. Both international actors and Nigerians seem to look primarily to the central government to address the crisis. Yet the Federal government currently has neither the interest, knowledge, nor capability to address the insurgency on its own. It has been at its most effective when it has worked closely with local actors, through initiatives such as the CIVILIAN JOINT TASK FORCE, a constellation of militias and community defense groups that have cooperated with the security forces to locate, fight, and evict Boko Haram from areas that it controls. More resources — and decision-making authority — need to go to local governors, traditional leaders, women and civil society in regions most affected by the conflict. Devolving power to state and local authorities may ultimately require constitutional reform.

THIRD, THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD ADOPT A MORE COORDINATED, WHOLE OF GOVERNMENT APPROACH TO CONFRONTING BOKO HARAM. The Nigerian central government has become far too reliant on the military to manage a conflict it is not capable of winning by itself. Civilian efforts, though at times impactful, are poorly resourced, fragmented across a number of agencies, ministries, and commissions, and often undercut by military activities. The office of the president and parliament needs to step in and provide more strategic oversight, with more civilians at the table, perhaps by consolidating existing efforts into a revamped Presidential Commission on the Northeast Initiative (PCNI).

NOTE:

ALL OF THIS WILL TAKE TIME. Above all, policymakers need to accept that defeating Boko Haram is a long-term challenge. Efforts by security forces to drive insurgents out and “stabilize” the areas they once controlled should be conducted in conjunction with the reforms laid out above, not prioritized over them. ONLY THROUGH A MORE JUST, INCLUSIVE POLITICAL AND SOCIAL ORDER IN NORTHEASTERN NIGERIA CAN MILITANCY THERE BE DEFEATED FOR GOOD.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 11:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
WHAT NIGERIA MUST DO TO DEAL WITH ITS BANDITRY ISSUE (Kidnapping, Cattle Rustling INCLUSIVE)...

(A) WHAT DRIVES RURAL BANDITRY?

CRIME THRIVES IN CONTEXTS WHERE THERE'S LITTLE DETERRENCE. In most of Nigeria’s rural communities, there are many opportunities for criminal activity. FOR ONE THING, SOME OF THESE COMMUNITIES ARE LOCATED IN REMOTE AREAS WHERE THERE IS LITTLE OR NO GOVERNMENT PRESENCE. More importantly, households are in some cases separated by and interspersed with forest areas. THIS RENDERS THEM VULNERABLE TO BANDITRY. This situation is made worse by:

(1) THE ABSENCE OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNITY POLICING MECHANISMS CAPABLE OF ADDRESSING THE SECURITY CHALLENGES. In effect, the incidence and prevalence of rural banditry in northwest Nigeria raises a fundamental question about the government’s ability to govern effectively. The state security machinery has so far failed to tackle the scourge of banditry. THIS FAILURE STEMS FROM A LACK OF POLITICAL WILL AND OPERATIONAL CHALLENGES.

(2) GEOGRAPHY PLAYS A ROLE, too. NORTHWESTERN NIGERIA’s FORESTLANDS ARE VAST, RUGGED AND HAZARDOUS. They are also grossly under-policed. Some of the forests run alongside the diverse porous borderlines on the region’s frontiers. Borders are poorly delineated, under-policed and thus not well governed. The consequence of this is an abundance of nefarious activity, often facilitated by criminal syndicates.

(3) RURAL BANDITRY IN NORTHWESTERN NIGERIA ALSO DERIVES IMPETUS FROM THE POORLY GOVERNED MINING AND SMALL ARMS SECTOR. Bandits have been drawn to the region by illicit and artisanal mining in states like Zamfara where bandits have been raiding mining sites for GOLD AND CASH. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS RECOGNISED THE APPARENT LINKAGE BETWEEN RURAL BANDITRY AND ILLICIT MINING. It suspended all forms of mining in Zamfara State in early April of 2019.

(4) TRANSHUMANCE  – the movement of cattle – is poorly regulated. This has seen it being infiltrated by criminals, which has led to the intensification of cattle rustling in the region. In states such as Kaduna, Katsina, Zamfara and Kebbi, there exists a clan of livestock bandits who specialise in mass cattle raids. While some of these cattle rustling gangs are affiliated to local and transnational syndicates, a number of them are mercenaries of Boko Haram. Cattle rustling constitutes a valuable source of funding for the terror group.

(B) THE SOLUTION::

THERE'S NO MORE EFFECTIVE SOLUTION THAN FORCEFUL INLAND AND FRONTIER POLICING. SUCH POLICING MUST DEAL WITH THE REGION'S PECULIAR CIRCUMSTANCES OF DIVERSE BORDER LINES, FOREST LANDS AND HINTERLANDS. This requires a tactical synergy between grassroots vigilantes and the state security operatives.

The federal government’s current counter banditry effort, based on military reconnaissance and raids, is good and commendable. But it has failed to bring about the needed respite, OWING LARGELY TO THE OPERATIONAL CHALLENGES ARISING FROM INSUFFICIENT KNOWLEDGE OF THE TERRAIN. THIS MAKES THE INVOLVEMENT OF LOCAL VIGILANTES AND COMMUNITY WATCH GROUPS, WHO HAVE A BETTER KNOWLEDGE OF THE TERRAIN, MORE IMPORTANT.

However, to guard against possible excesses and abuse, people in these structures must be properly trained, equipped and supervised. The way forward, then, is the development of grassroots policing, enriched by local personnel and intelligence.

The success of the CJTF, comprising local vigilantes and volunteer neighbourhood watchers, in combating the Boko Haram insurgency in the lower Lake Chad Basin shows the possible value of this sort of community policing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 12:19am On Jun 24, 2020
Aftermath Effect of PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder). A mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event — either experiencing it or witnessing it. Symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety, as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the event.

HOPE U GUYS ARE READY FOR THIS? PLS BE SINCERE EITH URSEF

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 12:28am On Jun 24, 2020
ugo4u:

Remember the NA is a professional army and are bound by the international laws/Geneva convention on war, nothing concerns Bokoharam with all these conventions. The NA can't use certain weapons on the enemy like AA, but bokoharam are at liberty to use all kinds of unconventional weapons on humans. They use Anti-aircraft guns(AA) etc used to shoot down aircrafts against our soldiers..
THE GENEVA CONVENTION is a standard by which prisoners and civilians should be treated during a time of war. The document HAS NO PROVISIONS FOR PUNISHMENT, BUT VIOLATIONS CAN BRING MORAL OUTRAGE AND LEAD TO TRADE SANCTIONS OR OTHER KINDS OF ECONOMIC REPRISALS AGAINST THE OFFENDING GOVERNMENT.

So I want to blv that If The FG decides to go all out on the Boko guys with any means possible at this Juncture, I doubt if any Form of Outrage will Ensue...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 12:51am On Jun 24, 2020
It is not matter of if u are ready for it, u can't be prepared for it if only u know how it is.
QuadrilAyinde:
Aftermath Effect of PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder). A mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event — either experiencing it or witnessing it. Symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety, as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the event.

HOPE U GUYS ARE READY FOR THIS? PLS BE SINCERE EITH URSEF
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 2:52am On Jun 24, 2020
QuadrilAyinde:

THE GENEVA CONVENTION is a standard by which prisoners and civilians should be treated during a time of war. The document HAS NO PROVISIONS FOR PUNISHMENT, BUT VIOLATIONS CAN BRING MORAL OUTRAGE AND LEAD TO TRADE SANCTIONS OR OTHER KINDS OF ECONOMIC REPRISALS AGAINST THE OFFENDING GOVERNMENT.

So I want to blv that If The FG decides to go all out on the Boko guys with any means possible at this Juncture, I doubt if any Form of Outrage will Ensue...
The international criminal court has jurisdiction to try erring soldiers/commanders/individuals the only thing needed to nail such a person are evidences of atrocities committed and trust me some of those NGOs are specialised in documenting such things e.g Amnesty international, USaid, U.k aid UN etc even Journalists.
The international community(world powers) can place arms embargo or in worst cases economic blockade on countries proven to have committed war crimes. GEJ's administration suffered arms embargo from Obama's administration for similar reasons, it dealt a real blow in the war against the insurgents. All the US need to do is to invoke the Leahy's Law and you're done for. We're even lucky Trump have a totally different mindset from other US presidents as he sees everything from a businessman man perspective if not even the $600m deal he struck with our military for the purchase of Super Tucanos etc would have being cancelled, also aids which the US gives Nigeria yearly amounting to about $1.5bn yearly will be frozen.
No army/govt will want to be caught in the web of human rights violation especially as pertaining to conduct during war. The German SS officers, Nazis, Manchuko(A prime minister), Charles Taylor etc are examples of individuals convicted in ICC for war crimes and of recent Omar Bashir the immediate past President of Sudan has being charged and billed for extradition to the ICC. Professional armies don't joke with human rights violations, if you must make sure you are a world power.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 8:54am On Jun 24, 2020
ugo4u:

The international criminal court has jurisdiction to try erring soldiers/commanders/individuals the only thing needed to nail such a person are evidences of atrocities committed and trust me some of those NGOs are specialised in documenting such things e.g Amnesty international, USaid, U.k aid UN etc even Journalists.
The international community(world powers) can place arms embargo or in worst cases economic blockade on countries proven to have committed war crimes. GEJ's administration suffered arms embargo from Obama's administration for similar reasons, it dealt a real blow in the war against the insurgents. All the US need to do is to invoke the Leahy's Law and you're done for.
No army/govt will want to be caught in the web of human rights violation especially as pertaining to conduct during war...
Aiit Our Very own Civilian General... Thanks for the Explanation...

But Now that the Boko Boys Alongside the Bandit Criminals are getting More Deadlier
(1) How do we then Go about Eliminating the Miscreants Completely Since there's Restriction on the kind of weapon that can be used?? Though I'm Aware of the 9 KINDS OF WEAPONS THAT ARE BANNED FROM MODERN WARFARE

(2) Are we now saying that Killing the Boko and Bandit Guys is Tantamount to Violating Human Right coz that's Only when Leahy's Law comes in (The Leahy Laws or Leahy amendments are U.S. human rights laws that prohibit the U.S. Department of State and Department of Defense from providing military assistance to foreign security force units that violate human rights with impunity).
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 9:10am On Jun 24, 2020
Dannyhonda:
It is not matter of if u are ready for it, u can't be prepared for it if only u know how it is.
My brother, U can actually be prepared for it by asking ur Ursef that DOES IT WORTH IT RISKING BEING A VICTIM OF PTSD since This occurrence is particularly associated with the Army Personnels, majorly the SSC guys
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 9:25am On Jun 24, 2020
ugo4u:

GEJ's administration suffered arms embargo from Obama's administration for similar reasons, it dealt a real blow in the war against the insurgents..
Seriously Sir Ugo4U, it is at this Juncture that I think We need to start taking Local Production of Arms and Weaponry serious in this country... All we need is Just to Fund the Research and Develop a Product from its Outcome... At Least the Likes of DICON, NAVMC and PROFORCE can be Consulted for a Lead or Wayout... Seriously We've got Intellectuals and Geniuses in this Country, but Unfortunately, No Morale Boosting Aide

This is the kind of mentality I hope to bring into the Nigerian Army, provided I make it to Training and that's Y I'm going for the DSSC cadre... Funny Enough, Since Last Month, I've bn working Earnestly to come up with the RESEARCH PROPOSAL ON HOW BATTLE TANK COMPONENTS CAN BE SOURCED FOR, MANUFACTURED AND ASSEMBLED LOCALLY IN NIGERIA and God Willing, I should be Through b4 the End of the Month (I'm A Certified Materials Engineer, so that Ain't a Biggie in the Real sense)

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 10:35am On Jun 24, 2020
Asking yourself that doesnt mean u won't get it especially if u in a deadly zone, the only way u can avoid such is not joining the army and moreover ptsd can be caused by a lot of things but mostly found in the military setting. As far u in the army whether u dssc, ssc or a graduate of nda u can't find such especially if u posted to a deadly zone.
QuadrilAyinde:

My brother, U can actually be prepared for it by asking ur Ursef that DOES IT WORTH IT RISKING BEING A VICTIM OF PTSD since This occurrence is particularly associated with the Army Personnels, majorly the SSC guys
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 24, 2020
God bless you for this. Anybody can die anywhere,
so what's the fuss about military?

sikowitz17:
lol what exactly is doom? Death in military service? Baba you can die anywhere! I saw a video of a woman dancing at a party today dancing so vigorously, very healthy! And she just collapsed and died! On camera! So I ask you u again what is certain doom? People going to work in the morning lose their lives, people standing by the road! People sleeping! So come off it! God desires for you what you desire for yourself! I was told about a guy by one of the instructors in nda! Got shortlisted to train at the 6th time! It’s times and seasons! Once it’s your time, you’ll get it. I was there 62rc, SSC course 45/46 that doesn’t mean I won’t eventually get it!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 11:39am On Jun 24, 2020
Dannyhonda:
Asking yourself that doesnt mean u won't get it especially if u in a deadly zone, the only way u can avoid such is not joining the army and moreover ptsd can be caused by a lot of things but mostly found in the military setting. As far u in the army whether u dssc, ssc or a graduate of nda u can't find such especially if u posted to a deadly zone.
All is well brother
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2020
ugo4u:

2) The term "Morale being low" is quite bogus, it's not uncommon for troops who had setbacks in battle to go rogue, in that moment of confusion anything can happen its is more of a psychological thing, it happens to all militaries in the world. That's why the army enlists Psychologists, physiotherapist, Mental health experts etal to talk and administer treatment to soldiers.
3) No idea
4) No idea
Wow!! Interesting read, you're prepared for this job, you really explained things like an army instructor. Really enjoyed this piece.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
Something good about to happen..
NYSC is calling before the resumption of orientation camp..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2020
LATEST UPDATE

The Depot Nigeria Army Zaria, says families of the passing out recruits are not invited for Passing Out Parade (POP) of 79 Regular Recruit Intake (79 RRI) for the first time due to COVID-19 pandemic.

Capt. Audu Arigu, the Assistant Director, Army Public Relations, Depot Nigeria Army, made this known in a statement issued on Wednesday in Zaria.

Arigu said the event was scheduled to hold on a low key as family members of the passing out recruits were not invited to attend due to the COVID-19 pandemic protocol.

According to Arigu, the passing out parade is scheduled for June 27 at the Depot Nigerian Army.

He added that the event would have the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, as the Special Guest of Honour/Reviewing Officer.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (966) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.