Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) (66556 Views)

Ararume's Daughter Weds In Abuja: David Mark, Amaechi, Dogara, Ngige, Attend / Metuh Gave Me N25 Million - Witness / Nneka Ararume: ''Metuh Gave Me $2m Cash To Invest'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by MIM77(m): 11:09am On Jan 26, 2016
xreal:
Chisos!

somebory helep me convert that to naira, pls.
over 500 million naira.
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by Geist(m): 11:22am On Jan 26, 2016
Fawklicant:

How is the money ilegally gotten? Does he not have legitimate businesses? Or because he is a politician, he shouldnt have investments? Before he ventured into politics, what was his occupation? Was he on govt appointment that he should abdicate his businesses?
How much os 2m dollars?

If the efcc arrests you for an alleged crime of say N4 found in your account paid to you by a company you provided a service for at theexact same amount and then goes ahead to insinuate that because they noticed that you built a house of N3, therefore both sums came from the same company even when there is no proof that says so, are you guilty as charged?

Learn to check your emotions and use reason. Giving a dog a bad namein order to hang it is BS.
Is your problem lack of sense or your comprehension skills is deficient? Didn't you read where the OP said that it's a crime for an individual to transport money above 5m naira in cash? Isn't that what the lady is testifying to? that metuh did transport the said $2m in cash. Why would metuh transport such an amount in cash and not use the electronic means available in banks if it was legitimately gotten. Next time you read, please take time to think so it can aid your understanding

1 Like

Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 26, 2016
Serious opening of ARM yansh. This will be a case study of corporate governance, doing business with politically exposed persons, and trading in funds that are clearly illicit.

1 Like

Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by ihearYou(m): 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
IVORY2009:
If true, "Govt of propaganda"...shocked

Where is d "propaganda" here? If u no get any reasonable thing to say,abeg blow whistle. Afterall,to comment is not by force.
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by bennychuks: 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
StOla:

How would she know it's stolen money?

Did she collect the money from a police corporal or from a bank gateman?

Or who do you think banks send their marketers after for deposits?

Politicians! That's the answer.

No go ahead and jail all bank marketers for collecting deposits from politicians.

If Dasuki's money has found it's way to you even if as change for buying drinks at a bar, I reckon you should be jailed also?

One unfortunate thing about Nigerians is that we don't think deep before drawing up a conclusion.we allow our sentiments to becloud our good sense of reasoning
How many of us have ever received money from somebody and ask the source of the money. If your brother or uncle is a politician, he brings money home everybody enjoys it because we belive money flows within the political arena .If this Dasuki I issue should be properly handled
It then means that any body who received a dime from the money should be arrested even if it is one thousand. Let's tell ourselves the truth should PMB be impeached and proscuted
Because Dasuki bought two jeeps for him from the said money?. I think what the government should do is to ask people who got money from Dasuki to return it.
Including those whom he bought any tangable like car, house. Etc to return them to the government. With this the government will stand blameless if they proscute any who fails to cooperate.
However Nairaland should learn how to operate within the Scope of the law and stop using word like thief on someone whom court has not pronounce guilty.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by TBD(m): 12:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nneka Ararume
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by TBD(m): 12:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nneka Ararume Thank God GEJ did got second term in office to continued looting our great nation....
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
that lady would have been praised at work back then for catching a big fish. I wonder how she was able to convince netuh to invest that kind of cash. maybe bottom power.
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2016
krendo:
The only thing I don't understand is why EFCC is more interested in media trial of Metuh than convicting him in court

If Metuh has done anything wrong then so has jaffaru isa

Why is he not in jail

"Cooperation" is not immunity
Can wailers like you ever be satisfied? You people say Dasuki should be tried publicky? Why are you against the public trial of Metuh?
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by kayfra: 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
PentiumPro:
I don't know why people are putting this babe into the public space.
She is just an Investment Banker and Wealth Manager doing her job, she is neither a police officer or an EFCC official to start asking question as to the source of fund put under her care to manage.
Please let's allow her the privacy she deserve.

She is guilty of money laundering. Don't be ignorant of Nigerian laws. You are not allowed to carry cash in that amount.

Money Laundering Act (2004, 2011)

They won't jail her, probably give her a plea bargain to catch more big thieves.
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by chinchum(m): 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
krendo:
The only thing I don't understand is why EFCC is more interested in media trial of Metuh than convicting him in court

If Metuh has done anything wrong then so has jaffaru isa

Why is he not in jail

"Cooperation" is not immunity
This is quite a daft thing to say. What is media trial?

Should efcc ask the courts to bar journalists from reporting news of the trial so that it wont be "media trial" ?

Is the mans trial not ongoing? Why art thou fail to use common sense? Is it that you dont have common sense?.

In actual fact, i will want live reporting of the trial on national tv., that is my own definition of "media trial".

1 Like

Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by docadams: 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
StOla:

How would she know it's stolen money?

Did she collect the money from a police corporal or from a bank gateman?

Or who do you think banks send their marketers after for deposits?

Politicians! That's the answer.

No go ahead and jail all bank marketers for collecting deposits from politicians.

If Dasuki's money has found it's way to you even if as change for buying drinks at a bar, I reckon you should be jailed also?

That is wrong criticism going by what she did. This is her testimony in court:

She said, “He gave me the sum of $2m in $100 bills. It
was taken to bureau de change operators who would then
transfer the money to ARM. From there (Metuh’s house) I
proceeded to Mr. Sie Iyenome’s office at Wuse 2 where I
gave him the sum of $1m.
“I also invited Mr. Kabir Mohammed and I also gave him
the sum of $1m to transfer the naira equivalent in favour
of Destra Investment Limited. Later on the same day,

She transported $2m(about N394m) in cash, as an individual, in violation of the Money Laundering Act:

Part 1, Subsection 1 of the Nigeria’s Money Laundering Act of 2011 limits transported cash to no more than N5 million
for individual...

She must have escaped being charged for a crime on the basis of agreeing to be a star witness for the prosecution.
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
this chick don enter am

enter nneka in google and it completes it with ararume.

she appears as a financial analyst on linkedin.

so maybe she was just following the ogas' at the top instructions.

e be like say them don throw her under bus
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by comos: 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
media trial !
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 26, 2016
docadams:

She transported $2m(about N394m) in cash, as an individual, in violation of the Money Laundering Act:

She must have escaped being charged for a crime on the basis of agreeing to be a star witness for the prosecution.

escape ke

reduced sentence things

as it is , her career is toast.
the real question is whose instructions was she following. there is direct authorization from above.
ARM may just turn out to be another money laundering arm for politicians
the rabbit hole is going deeper
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by onila(f): 2:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
shes from a very good family

they shld leave her alone

her father was once a senator
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by kayfra: 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
comos:
media trial !

Wailers always wailing. If they barred journalists from covering the trials, they'll scream secretive trial.

Awon alainishe.
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by kayfra: 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
onila:

Is that a constitutional requirement for clemency?

Lolz
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
onila:

before all of this one would have said metuh and dasuki were from very good families
now we see them for what they are -uncommon thieves

1 Like

Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by chidextec: 3:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
Konji na bastard...so because of konji nurse metusela gave this olosho $2M... Chei Chei Chei. Trust women at ur own peril.
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by StOla: 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
docadams:

Yes I understand that aspect now.

Indeed she and her employers are certainly complicit in the crime of money laundering, but with her cooperation in accepting to be a credible witness against a bigger fish, then she's let off the hook. That's standard practice anywhere in the world.

My grouse is with those who believe anyone even remotely connected to funds that my have initially emanated from Dasuki, must also be prosecuted for having received blood money.

Who's to say if Dasuki's money is not already in the hands of bus conductor's? Or won't I collect my due change anymore?
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
StOla:

Indeed she and her employers are certainly complicit in the crime of money laundering, but with her cooperation in accepting to be a credible witness against a bigger fish, then she's let off the hook. That's standard practice anywhere in the world.

My grouse is with those who believe anyone even remotely connected to funds that my have initially emanated from Dasuki, must also be prosecuted for having received blood money.

Who's to say if Dasuki's money is not already in the hands of bus conductor's? Or won't I collect my due change anymore?

ARM is implicated in money laundering, pure and simple.
No one is going to come to a business entity with $2million in cash if it is not dirty money.

What this speaks to is that several our financial institutions have been actively facilitating crime

As for nneka and her bosses you missed it. Squealing does not get you off. It gets you a reduced sentence.

Nneka was a conscious and aware accessory to laundering stolen money. It is probably not the first time. We may soon seethe entire board of ARM reporting to EFCC.

Sadly this is how so many so called success stories make it in nigeria, by facilitating official corruption

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by StOla: 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
oyb:

ARM is implicated in money laundering, pure and simple.
No one is going to come to a business entity with $2million in cash if it is not dirty money.

What this speaks to is that several our financial institutions have been actively facilitating crime

As for nneka and her bosses you missed it. Squealing does not get you off. It gets you a reduced sentence.

Nneka was a conscious and aware accessory to laundering stolen money. It is probably not the first time. We may soon seethe entire board of ARM reporting to EFCC.

Sadly this is how so many so called success stories make it in nigeria, by facilitating official corruption

Indeed you are correct.

Honest businesses never progress, while the criminally inclined ones get all the patronage from a criminally inclined society.

Indeed reduced sentences are the rewards for cooperation, it all depends on the value of the witness and her ability to get a good deal from the prosecution. If they need are input that much, don't be surprised that she walks away without even an arrest record, especially if the prosecution can get her to deliver the entire board of ARM with more details on the inner workings of the company.

In all, corruption must die by force and by fury.
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by babadee1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
orisa37:
The Igbos ruined PDP and GEJ can't really claim innocence. I believe we are still bungling to reconstruct the party until the Registration is handed back to Ibrahim Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Ahmadu Ali etc.

You must be joking o. Those three names you mentioned are the grandfathers of corruption in Nigeria. It will be very hard to find people that are more corrupt than them.
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by taurus25(m): 6:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
makzeze:
part 1, Subsection 1 of the Nigeria’s Money Laundering Act of 2011 limits transported cash to no more than N5 million for individual and 10 million for corporation.
this is why she might get into trouble
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by docadams: 6:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
StOla:

Well, the anti-corruption war has not gone downstream yet. So, the best thing for now, is to dam the stream at the source.
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by amikeem(m): 6:53pm On Jan 26, 2016
Wetin come fine in her, abeg don't tell me no shit, my grandma fine pass her back to back, though she is wealthy embarassed
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by Frankiss44(m): 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Fawklicant:
Govt of propaganda and followers with fish brains.

Olisa is being charged for 400 million naira found in his account which came from the presidency. Now they are bringing up 2 millon dollars invested as crime. Was it linked to Dasuki-gate? Or Olisa as a businessman is not allowed to make money and invest same?
It is a shame. And when I complain of media trial, some bozo will come up and spew trash.

Propaganda. If you like bring up all the girls he slept with and gave money too, of you cannot link its source to stolen funds, then efcc has no case.

Bunch of illiterates on nairaland and bad belle people in this country who are envious of another man's conquests. Blame all Nigerias woes on him afterall your fg govt has blamed GEJ, God, IBB. Obj is next, then when they run short of Nigerian leaders to blame, they will blame Kwame Nkrumah.

Finally I see someone with sense.. There is hope for Nigeria after all
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by Kingkamal(m): 8:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
austin2all:
My babe fine pass her
Will give Ur girl $50000 and she will be my house maid.
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by goldfish27(m): 5:44am On Jan 27, 2016
austin2all:
My babe fine pass her

She no reach 1/3 (one third) of my LOVELY WIFE
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by goldfish27(m): 5:53am On Jan 27, 2016
cold:
She's beauriful no doubt

Pls what's ur definition of beauty? U think it has to do only with one's outward appearance?....she forgot to mention the bed side of d story or you think such men will give out large volume of cash just like dat? say na she be d only pension manager for Abuja wey fyn?....Abegiiiiii leave all this corporate OLOSHI matter for lawma.
Re: Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) by goldfish27(m): 5:59am On Jan 27, 2016
Kingkamal:
Will give Ur girl $50000 and she will be my house maid.

Another craze talk......stop worshipping money its bad to ur existence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: How Could You Imagine Beating This Kind Of APC Team? (Photo) / Ekiti Election: Why APC Is Winning In My Polling Unit – PDP Agent / Tinubu Settles Abe And Wike Rift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.