Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years (32872 Views)

Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / After 10YEARS God Blessed My Uncle And His Wife With A Big Boy / Revealed: 10 Avoidable Reasons Why MOST Marriages Fail... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by shalomm: 4:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
quivah:

Actually you should mind the way to address people,since we are all 'ghost' here..Just cause he didn't say something to boast your ego, you had to insult him..and that actually made you the mumu.
So,I only tried to make you see the real mumu..
And,you should start following your advice... I should be logical, cool..I will, but dont you think you are not only illogical but also dumb to assume I'm looking for a chance to marry him..
You even called me a feminist smiley because I no shiver call you fool. Well,that's not an insult btw
grin
quivah:

Actually you should mind the way to address people,since we are all 'ghost' here..Just cause he didn't say something to boast your ego, you had to insult him..and that actually made you the mumu.
So,I only tried to make you see the real mumu..
And,you should start following your advice... I should be logical, cool..I will, but dont you think you are not only illogical but also dumb to assume I'm looking for a chance to marry him..
You even called me a feminist smiley because I no shiver call you fool. Well,that's not an insult btw
That's why you should check my conversation with him. I never insulted him. Anyway thanks. Nice meeting you. Shey e don finish.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by quivah(f): 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
shalomm:
grin
That's why you should check my conversation with him. I never insulted him. Anyway thanks. Nice meeting you. Shey e don finish.
Seriously?? You thought he was a woman and went ahead to call whatever husband she has mumu..

You wouldn't have corrected yourself if that poster was actually a woman
.. Anyways, cool!

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
Fiwasayo:

Honestly,he did make a lot of sense.
Yeap...undecided

A whole lotta sense.

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
vicraven:
am so sorry,you cant toast my brother. Get thee behind us!!
gringringrin
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by shalomm: 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
quivah:

Seriously?? You thought he was a woman and went ahead to call whatever husband she has mumu..

You wouldn't have corrected yourself if that poster was actually a woman
.. Anyways, cool!
Thanks. P.S. Never put your twitter ID in a forum where you also claimed to be a ghost... Once again nice meeting you and thanks for the correction.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by cyprex: 4:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
Strahovski1:
I will take you serious when you post the other version of this directed at men as this is directed at women.

Besides a woman refusing control over her husband should not break a marriage it means there wasn't love in the first place. Today people have turned marriage into an obligation whether their love is true or not.. marriage! And that is when things like this come in.. why would a man be picky because he cannot control his wife? Did he marry her to control her? Also why would a woman be rude to her husband because she is in a higher position? There is no love.

Man, what makes marriage last is love.. not subjection or advanced slavery.. love is what keeps marriage. When there is love.. the woman would respect her hubby as the hubby will respect her. Not one sided subjection because one god commanded it.

I have no doubt.
If we find it difficult to submit ourselves to God, how can we submit to mere 'husband'.
Please make effort to do as commanded by God, he is all powerful
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by quivah(f): 4:57pm On Jan 27, 2016
shalomm:
Thanks. P.S. Never put your twitter ID in a forum where you also claimed to be a ghost... Once again nice meeting you and thanks for the correction.
I didn't claim to be a 'ghost'..you claimed that ,and I only followed up your word.. Ever wondered that I replied back in your own words
And, who knows I might be here for businesses other than calling someone mumu. Hence,my ID.
You welcome. Just be a good boy smiley
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by shalomm: 5:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
quivah:

I didn't claim to be a 'ghost'..you claimed that ,and I only followed up your word.. Ever wondered that I replied back in your own words
And, who knows I might be here for businesses other than calling someone mumu. Hence,my ID.
You welcome. Just be a good boy smiley
mind your business then. Trying to avoid something pls understand and do the same.. Thanks
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by ideatoprince18(m): 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
chamboy:
backward nigga
........ Forward pussylicker
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by quivah(f): 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
shalomm:

mind your business then. Trying to avoid something pls understand and do the same.. Thanks
Ok, you are confused..
I said 'other businesses'.. Which means,trying to show you your silly mistake is part some of my other businesses too.
You really should follow your own advise too, avoid insulting people who dont have the same opinion as you,cause it actually do make one look stu.pid..I was only helping you 'find yourself' when you called another person mumu.
Have fun dear,peace!
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by ideatoprince18(m): 5:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
vicraven:
Nailed! infact,u know book... pass mummy shima
..... MAH GEE !!!!!!
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by shalomm: 5:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
quivah:

Ok, you are confused..
I said 'other businesses'.. Which means,trying to show you your silly mistake is part some of my other businesses too.
You really should follow your own advise too, avoid insulting people who dont have the same opinion as you,cause it actually do make one look stu.pid..I was only helping you 'find yourself' when you called another person mumu.
Have fun dear,peace!
Nagode. Move on.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Realhommie(m): 5:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
MrsChima:

Damn. I wrote this? My eyes were partly closed when I composed this.
Lolz.... Was smiling the whole time i was reading through... So on point, me likey.. You're blessed ma'am.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by cococandy(f): 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
Marriages don't last because people like you are going into it looking for who to control.
God forbid bad thing!

How will it last when you're basing the success of the Union on how well you're able to subject another full grown adult to your whims and caprices? Even a dog or a child will not let you subject them to your will without protest much less an adult woman.

You people should stop making marriage seem like a breeding ground for psychos. It's meant to be enjoyable not a bondage.

5 Likes

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
naijaboiy:

You married when you were 10?
What do you expect from a Hausa Lady. May be na 6 she marry sef.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by scachy(m): 5:51pm On Jan 27, 2016
Strahovski1:

List the ingredients
Money
Understanding
Compatibility
Patience
Tolerance
Humility

Etcetera

Love without the above mentioned is designed to fail.so love alone is not enough.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by emezieokonkwo: 6:03pm On Jan 27, 2016
Mrs China, l love the truth in your opinion on the issue. You gave out what you are made of. Thanks.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by poik(m): 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
cruzita:
op some marriages today break because the man exercises too much authority on his wife. he wants to control every aspect of her life forgetting she is his soulmate and not his servant .I witnessed a marriage where the man asked his wife not to visit her parents unless he says so but he visits his own every weekend.Is that right?some men can really be annoying

Don't just conclude. Did u bother to find out why the husband said so? I don't think any Right thinking man will do that.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Ask God for understanding. Remain blessed forever.
cococandy:
Marriages don't last because people like you are going into it looking for who to control.
God forbid bad thing!

How will it last when you're basing the success of the Union on how well you're able to subject another full grown adult to your whims and caprices? Even a dog or a child will not let you subject them to your will without protest much less an adult woman.

You people should stop making marriage seem like a breeding ground for psychos. It's meant to be enjoyable not a bondage.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by byvan03: 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2016
To whom it may concern undecided.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by cococandy(f): 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
DrPurposeful:
Ask God for understanding. Remain blessed forever.
You do the same.

And remain blessed too.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by osenidvdg(m): 7:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
When a marriage failed both man and the woman should be blamed for it.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Mamatee07: 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
So women are the reasons why marriages don't last Very Myopic lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by naijaboiy: 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2016
prettythicksme:
Was nine,wen i got married!
Really?

Are you a Muslim or from the north?

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by mamawin(f): 10:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
vicraven:
you try!
one bottle of lassa for the woman pls!
a bottle of LASSA? like seriously?
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by MrsChima(f): 11:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
vicraven:
did you get married at the age of 4?

Scram you punk! tongue angry
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by tpiaobsession: 12:05am On Jan 28, 2016
DrPurposeful:
The very moment you say you are accepting a man's proposal for marriage, you are coming under subjection. Subjection is not torment.
A man who fears the Lord doesn't take that for-granted to abuse and take due advantage of you.
Subjecting to your spouse is a command from God. Because the man is the head of the home as Christ is the head of the church, that is not the time or reason to get so proud and become fool of yourself to the extent that you cannot respect your wife and listen to her many good words and advice.
The reason why many marriages never last is because the woman is so highly placed and doesn't need any man to control her or be in charge of her. Because of her degree from harvard and position with Chevron, she see no reason why an ordinary bank branch manager or a medical doctor with one small health centre in port harcourt would control her or tell her what to do when she controls men in her work place and thousands of people calling her Ma/madam.
Don't allow position or class of degree fool you. If you cannot stand a man(your husband) telling you what to do, better remain single and no man would ever have control over you.
Most women compare their rich dad with their spouse; it shouldn't be so.
Respect your husband, listen when he speaks and welcome him when he comes home. Don't always be the complaining kind of wife.
When you give a man all he requires and he still treats your wrongly, then he needs God's intervention.
No man is too big to assist the wife in the kitchen; after all she is you and you are one.
The reason also why so many marriages break up after 10yrears is because most couple watch celebrities on television and want to do the things they do. Never live your life based on the happenings in some other persons life.
Love your spouse, obey and respect them; then show me where the devil would come in... Never give the devil the chance to ruin your marriage.
You will prosper!
You will Succeed!

did you see some marriages hence your write up?
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by ttmacoy: 12:33am On Jan 28, 2016
You are right. I will also add mutual respect between husband an wife. If they both have mutual respect for each other and love each other as you said then there would be no situation of husband feeling like he cannot control or wife being rude.

Strong and open communication between both is also key.

Strahovski1:
I will take you serious when you post the other version of this directed at men as this is directed at women.

Besides a woman refusing control over her husband should not break a marriage it means there wasn't love in the first place. Today people have turned marriage into an obligation whether their love is true or not.. marriage! And that is when things like this come in.. why would a man be picky because he cannot control his wife? Did he marry her to control her? Also why would a woman be rude to her husband because she is in a higher position? There is no love.

Man, what makes marriage last is love.. not subjection or advanced slavery.. love is what keeps marriage. When there is love.. the woman would respect her hubby as the hubby will respect her. Not one sided subjection because one god commanded it.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by iyerenath(m): 1:42am On Jan 28, 2016
sinaj:
M not nd will never be a fan to feminism

define feminism
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by tpiaobsession: 1:54am On Jan 28, 2016
byvan03:
To whom it may concern :-.

and who might that be?
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by phatasschick(f): 6:45am On Jan 28, 2016
My dear God knows exactly what he was doing when he shared the responsibility. He said wife be submissive to your husband and husbands love your wife as Christ love his church. We all know what Christ did for the church! But today people are just one sided

Strahovski1:

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by sinaj(f): 8:53am On Jan 28, 2016
iyerenath:
define feminism
it's wen u have big breast nd butt undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Joseph Blankson: An Unsung Hero Who Died Rescuing 13 Victims Of A Boat Accident / Why Are Some Families So Divided And What Can I Do To Unite Mine? / Help! My Wife Is Suddenly Too Violent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.