Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years (32808 Views)

Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / After 10YEARS God Blessed My Uncle And His Wife With A Big Boy / Revealed: 10 Avoidable Reasons Why MOST Marriages Fail... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Strahovski1(m): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
KruggerINC:

You have the right to be Whatever you wanna be,pagan,agnostic or bhuddist .How ever you don't have the right to disrespect other people's beliefs nor deities. How would you feel if I disprespected your mum either because I don't know her or just because I can disrespect her freely?i doubt you'd feel good.....Tolerance is key .

And did I disrespect anybody's mother? Please point it out. Someone posted.. I commented. What have I done wrong?

undecided
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by deeptesting(m): 2:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
Strahovski1:

I do not follow the Bible.. I am Hindu.

I am not African. I am Asian(Indian)

Again, my wife is not subjecting herself to me. She is my friend, my partner and my soul mate. Not my subject

I dont know about you

I will leave you after now but the stuff about the online world is it`s difference from what is real in the real world.
Have a blessed day Buddy.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by gaffig: 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2016
banmee:

15 years bro and still going strong. Why? Because I understand what leadership is. Been a leader all my life. Nigerians generally lack the understanding which is why they fail in almost everything. Most of them equate a good leader with having money or in this case how masculine you are. Bro's the size of your prick grin no mean say you be man oooo.
Looooooooooolll... Anyway u are right, Ur end quote ehn, u sure sey u be 15 shocked[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by echodrum(m): 2:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
DrPurposeful:
The very moment you say you are accepting a man's proposal for marriage, you are coming under subjection. Subjection is not torment.
A man who fears the Lord doesn't take that for-granted to abuse and take due advantage of you.
Subjecting to your spouse is a command from God. Because the man is the head of the home as Christ is the head of the church, that is not the time or reason to get so proud and become fool of yourself to the extent that you cannot respect your wife and listen to her many good words and advice.
The reason why many marriages never last is because the woman is so highly placed and doesn't need any man to control her or be in charge of her. Because of her degree from harvard and position with Chevron, she see no reason why an ordinary bank branch manager or a medical doctor with one small health centre in port harcourt would control her or tell her what to do when she controls men in her work place and thousands of people calling her Ma/madam.
Don't allow position or class of degree fool you. If you cannot stand a man(your husband) telling you what to do, better remain single and no man would ever have control over you.
Most women compare their rich dad with their spouse; it shouldn't be so.
Respect your husband, listen when he speaks and welcome him when he comes home. Don't always be the complaining kind of wife.
When you give a man all he requires and he still treats your wrongly, then he needs God's intervention.
No man is too big to assist the wife in the kitchen; after all she is you and you are one.
The reason also why so many marriages break up after 10yrears is because most couple watch celebrities on television and want to do the things they do. Never live your life based on the happenings in some other persons life.
Love your spouse, obey and respect them; then show me where the devil would come in... Never give the devil the chance to ruin your marriage.
You will prosper!
You will Succeed!

you have a nice idea. But next time you are proposing an argument it will be better to leave God or gods out of the argument. Quoting what Bibble or Koran said does not make an argument a valid one. You will always loose your points when you start using bible and Koran as a reference.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Strahovski1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2016
deeptesting:

I will leave you after now but the stuff about the online world is it`s difference from what is real in the real world.
Have a blessed day Buddy.

Have a blessed day too. What you put in your online world can be put in your real world.

Bye

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by hkidola00(m): 2:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
ideatoprince18:
THE SIMPLE REASON WHY MOST MARRIAGES DONt LAST IS DAT WOMEN CAN NEVER B SATISFIED ....... FEMINISM HAS TAKEN OVA D TOTAL BRAINS OF OUR WOMEN .....I HATE IT WHN I SEE A WOMAN CLAIMING EQUALITY WIT A MAN ....... THAT IS U AREE OPENLY SAYING THAT G-D DOES NOT KNOW WAT HE IS SAYING WHEN HE MADE MEN HEAD AND NOT HELPER ....... ANODA REEASON IS DAT ......... IF UR WIFE .... I REPEAT .... IF UR WIFE HAS TASTED UP TO FIVE DICK B4 SHE MARRIES U ...... SHE CAN NEVER B FAITHFUL!!!!"
hmmm abeg tell me more on d dick part, for real?
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by tsalmjohn(m): 2:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
[quote author=Strahovski1 post=42365515]I will take you serious when you post the other version of this directed at men as this is directed at women.

Besides a woman refusing control over her husband should not break a marriage it means there wasn't love in the first place. Today people have turned marriage into an obligation whether their love is true or not.. marriage! And that is when things like this come in.. why would a man be picky because he cannot control his wife? Did he marry her to control her? Also why would a woman be rude to her husband because she is in a higher position? There is no love.

Man, what makes marriage last is love.. not subjection or advanced slavery.. love is what keeps marriage. When there is love.. the woman would respect her hubby as the hubby will respect her. Not one sided subjection because one god commanded it.
Love only doesn't keep a marriage. What is their definition of love?
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by KruggerINC(m): 2:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
Strahovski1:

And did I disrespect anybody's mother? Please point it out. Someone posted.. I commented. What have I done wrong?

undecided

Make we leave am na......I no fit shout
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by soulfood(m): 2:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
Strahovski1:
I will take you serious when you post the other version of this directed at men as this is directed at women.

Besides a woman refusing control over her husband should not break a marriage it means there wasn't love in the first place. Today people have turned marriage into an obligation whether their love is true or not.. marriage! And that is when things like this come in.. why would a man be picky because he cannot control his wife? Did he marry her to control her? Also why would a woman be rude to her husband because she is in a higher position? There is no love.

Man, what makes marriage last is love.. not subjection or advanced slavery.. love is what keeps marriage. When there is love.. the woman would respect her hubby as the hubby will respect her. Not one sided subjection because one god commanded it.

What is your definition of love? It will help me understand you better?
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by mamawin(f): 2:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
prettythicksme:
My marriage is now 20yrs!
Wow! so beautiful! mine is 17! to the glory of God
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by banmee(m): 2:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
gaffig:

Looooooooooolll... Anyway u are right, Ur end quote ehn, u sure sey u be 15 shocked[color=#990000][/color]

I ain't 15. Been married 15 years wink
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by vicraven(m): 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
prettythicksme:
clap for yourself!
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by vicraven(m): 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
Estharfabian:
OMG! You're amazing!!embarassed

Sadly! NOT Nigerian. We really Could Use Your brains Around Here.

am so sorry,you cant toast my brother. Get thee behind us!!
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by vicraven(m): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
MrsChima:

Didn't a Nigerian Senator married a 9 years old girl? It is possible boo. kiss
did you get married at the age of 4?
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by mamawin(f): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
soulfood:

What is your definition of love? It will help me understand you better?
love is selfless. it makes you treat a spouse exactly the way you want to be treated. and more...

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by vicraven(m): 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
ideatoprince18:
THE SIMPLE REASON WHY MOST MARRIAGES DONt LAST IS DAT WOMEN CAN NEVER B SATISFIED ....... FEMINISM HAS TAKEN OVA D TOTAL BRAINS OF OUR WOMEN .....I HATE IT WHN I SEE A WOMAN CLAIMING EQUALITY WIT A MAN ....... THAT IS U AREE OPENLY SAYING THAT G-D DOES NOT KNOW WAT HE IS SAYING WHEN HE MADE MEN HEAD AND NOT HELPER ....... ANODA REEASON IS DAT ......... IF UR WIFE .... I REPEAT .... IF UR WIFE HAS TASTED UP TO FIVE DICK B4 SHE MARRIES U ...... SHE CAN NEVER B FAITHFUL!!!!"
Nailed!
infact,u know book... pass mummy shima

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by vicraven(m): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
mamawin:
love is selfless. it makes you treat a spouse exactly the way you want to be treated. and more...
you try!
one bottle of lassa for the woman pls!
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by KanwuliaJara: 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2016
You mean on NL? grin
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by omoharry(f): 3:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
ideatoprince18:
Oga,that is rather unfair...your judgement of women and the number of men they must have been with before marriage is really poor..It does not always work like that..A virgin can still cheat on her husband if she has it in her mind to do it and a girl about town before marriage may remain faithful in her marriage depending on how these two individual hold on to thier vows..it all depend on the individual mind involve here and value they place on thier marriages..
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by chamboy(m): 3:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
Strahovski1:

Yeah, i am one of those people who see marriage as a partnership between two people in love. Oh i'm male.. and i'm proud to be a man.. so continue shaking your head.

Love your wife. If you do, all what you posted wont even be an issue. That's my point. Love is unconditional. It has no "but" or "if".
u are one the few Nigerians that speeks the truth

I love ur comments.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by chamboy(m): 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2016
ideatoprince18:
backward nigga
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Strahovski1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
chamboy:
u are one the few Nigerians that speeks the truth

I love ur comments.

I'm not Nigerian.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Fiwasayo(f): 3:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
Estharfabian:
OMG! You're amazing!!embarassed

Sadly! NOT Nigerian. We really Could Use Your brains Around Here.

Honestly,he did make a lot of sense.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by scachy(m): 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
Strahovski1:
I will take you serious when you post the other version of this directed at men as this is directed at women.

Love makes marriage last wen every other ingredients / components that sustains it is present.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Strahovski1(m): 4:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
scachy:

Love makes marriage last wen every other ingredients / components that sustains it is present.

List the ingredients
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by presiloo: 4:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
If you build your marriage on the foundation of love,the issue of supremacy will not arise.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Jhappy(f): 4:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
I love dis post.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by Jhappy(f): 4:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
U are right.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by shalomm: 4:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
quivah:

You are the fool here, stop mocking yourself.
Feminist, u can be logical. "Him say em don marry xo chance no dey 4 u. Check em reply and check yours." We are all ghost here ma'm, i was talking to ya.
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by ChikezieU(m): 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
prettythicksme:
congrate
Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by quivah(f): 4:24pm On Jan 27, 2016
shalomm:

Feminist, u can be logical. "Him say em don marry xo chance no dey 4 u. Check em reply and check yours." We are all ghost here ma'm, i was talking to ya.
Actually you should mind the way to address people,since we are all 'ghost' here..Just cause he didn't say something to boast your ego, you had to insult him..and that actually made you the mumu.
So,I only tried to make you see the real mumu..
And,you should start following your advice... I should be logical, cool..I will, but dont you think you are not only illogical but also dumb to assume I'm looking for a chance to marry him..
You even called me a feminist smiley because I no shiver call you fool. Well,that's not an insult btw

1 Like

Re: Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years by shalomm: 4:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
Strahovski1:

I have a wife already
Read the post again and understand the author's contextual view. "but i been tink say na woman u be o"... In as much as i believe in gender equality, i will love to draw comparism from the pre-westernize marriage and the modern one. Your take on this issue ir rabid though. Nice meeting you Sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Some Families So Divided And What Can I Do To Unite Mine? / Why Do Olden Days Marriages Last Longer Than Modern Ones? / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.