Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? (3011 Views)

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / Help!! I Hate That Am A Goodlooking Guy) / Top 20 GOODLOOKING Guys Of Romanceland 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 28, 2009
How would you react if someone tells you: you are not so goodlooking but I'd really like to date you. I think you are cool and fun and we could make a good couple together.

Men and women, what would you say?
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Igwe9(m): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2009
no way!
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Sissy3(f): 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2009
no i wouldnt
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by MissyB1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2009
michelin89:

How would you react if someone tells you: you are not so goodlooking but I'd really like to date you. I think you are cool and fun and we could make a good couple together.

If I like him enuff to date him. . . .Hell Yes!!
A part of me would respect him for being bold enuff to tell his true appraisal.
Whoever said every Guy that says a Girl is Pretty literally means it?
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Secretz(f): 10:12pm On Jun 28, 2009
There's one thing not to find someone good looking and still date them, and there is another thing not to find someone good looking and have the boldness to actually tell them that and request a date in the same sentence. Talk about shattering someone's confidence. I wouldn't want to be reminded everytime we go for a cuddle or a kiss that hey, 'this my guy don't even find me attractive'. tongue
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by kaypumpin2(m): 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2009
It takes a BOLD and HONEST person to be disclose such.I think that is a strong and positive character but whether my ego/emotion(dented by such bluntness maybe) will be receptive to such a person is difficult to say.
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Secretz(f): 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2009
kay_pumpin:

It takes a BOLD and HONEST person to be disclose such.I think that is a strong and positive character but whether my ego/emotion(dented by such bluntness maybe) will be receptive to such a person is difficult to say.

Yes, but are there not better ways to say somethng like that than to say 'you're not soo good looking'? lmao. haba that is too much now. lol.
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Sissy3(f): 10:31pm On Jun 28, 2009
Secretz:

Yes, but are there not better ways to say somethng like that than to say 'you're not soo good looking'? lmao. haba that is too much now. lol.

i agree, thats just a confidence killer there!
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by kaypumpin2(m): 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2009
Secretz:

I doubt if any potential suitor will go "you are not good looking yet i want to date you" ,there are ways of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that he/she will look forward to the journey with keen interest;it is called diplomacy!

But let's even get hypothetical here and assume for one minute,this dude was this blunt.Will you rather have him OR a lying scum who will forget the face and concentrate on the base.? ,then tell it someone else that girl is fugly grin
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by MissyB1(m): 10:41pm On Jun 28, 2009
Secretz:

How possibly would he have sugar-coated it?
''I like You but Your nose isn't suitable for Your face and Your eyes are a NO-NO''.
C'mon!! Either ways he woulda made his point clear. . . . .
I just find the act worthy of awe even though it would impermanently hurt one's confidence.
Not everyone is bold enuff to be that truthful. . . It takes only a friend to do that.
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Secretz(f): 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2009
kay_pumpin:

I doubt if any potential suitor will go "you are not good looking yet i want to date you" ,there are ways of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that he/she will look forward to the journey with keen interest;it is called diplomacy!

But let's even get hypothetical here and assume for one minute,this dude was this blunt.Will you rather have him OR a lying scum who will forget the face and concentrate on the base.? grin

Neither.  tongue

But I would rather the person tell me I'm not usually the type they would go for than to tell me 'You're not soo good looking'.   grin
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by bluespice(f): 10:46pm On Jun 28, 2009
hell no!
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by showbobo(m): 11:21pm On Jun 28, 2009
michelin89:

He told you the truth atleast. . . Dont shy away from it,ok
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 29, 2009
showbobo:

He told you the truth atleast. . . Dont shy away from it,ok

It's a pity he thought that way! grin
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by ravenzord(m): 12:30am On Jun 29, 2009
Chill, d fact dt d guy says she isn't goodlooking dozn't mean he dozn't find her attractive, dose re 2 different things.If a girl told me I wasn't goodlooking I wouldn't bliv her anyway,it's called self-confidence.
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 29, 2009
If you don't mind what he said, then go for it. If you do mind the way he approached you, let it die a natural death, no need for drama. Not everyone you meet is a potential life mate.
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by iice(f): 3:06am On Jun 29, 2009
Hell to da No.
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by biola44: 9:31am On Jun 29, 2009
why should i?
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by beingme(f): 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2009
ugly for face or for mind?
ugly with good heart yes i will go for him
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Feelitx(m): 1:26pm On Jun 29, 2009
No: There should be some form of attraction.
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by showbobo(m): 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2009
michelin89:

It's a pity he thought that way! grin
Hmmmm,From my perspective:. . . . . I dont think u are that bad kiss kiss
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2009
a friendship would be better than dating in this case. take it from there and see how it works, how can they even kiss if as soon as he gets his face close to hers, she is turned off?
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by TOPE20001(f): 8:48pm On Jun 29, 2009
michelin89:

Hell nah angry cheesy
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Igwe9(m): 8:54pm On Jun 29, 2009
Now more than ever, Yes! . . . It all depends on what I'm looking for cool
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Njoya: 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2009
i`ll if the person is not good looking too
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Charlybanks: 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2009
:p
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by spikedcylinder: 9:11pm On Jun 29, 2009
It depends on if its a lie or the truth. If I know deep inside me that I'm not good looking true true, I will hang on to that man like a moth to a flame. But if I'm good looking and he's trying to bring down my self esteem, I will dagger his head. grin
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Kunbee: 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2009
I know i am good-looking so one can say otherwise pullezzz tongue as for the question NO cause the person will be salting my game
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Timsilver(m): 8:47am On Jun 30, 2009
Poster@D guy must b either GUD lookin or d kinda guy who is really attractd 2 beauty bt not 2 worry.I actually thinks he is attracted 2 u sumtin bout u Dats wat matters.Anyway he has an ego so use it 2 test him i.e put him on a long tin.Attraction lik dis is GUD.It will actually lead to a great relationship.
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2009
Timsilver:

Poster@D guy must b either GUD lookin or d kinda guy who is really attractd 2 beauty bt not 2 worry.I actually thinks he is attracted 2 u sumtin bout u Dats wat matters.Anyway he has an ego so use it 2 test him i.e put him on a long tin.Attraction lik dis is GUD.It will actually lead to a great relationship.

Why do you think I am talking about me?
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by nethacker(m): 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2009
@post, we no go ever flow
Re: Would You Date Someone Who Doesn't Find You Goodlooking? by TheSeeker(m): 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2009
Then he/she must be demented to think we'd have something great going.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Tired Of This Relationship. Nothing To Discuss When We Are Together. / Am Confused On Who To Choose Married Rich Man Or Single Guy / She Rejected A Gift Of Toyota Camry @ VAL Just Because Of Me. What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.