Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Are We Alone In The Universe? - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Are We Alone In The Universe? (54403 Views)

The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! / 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by malvisguy212: 9:16am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
Please i have ignored you at first stop masturbating with my mentions and name.. what is my business with turning anybody atheistic.. Please we are having a discussion way above you just go back to the religion section and do your thing and please stop calling my name or mentioning me unnecessarily..

Well you are best ignored
okay Mr interlingent and wise atheist / scientist , all of us ( religious people) are under you.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 9:18am On Feb 02, 2016
mrphysics:

Calm down, you have no problem with the Bible.

Many things we are seeing today was long predicted, remember we predict before we discover. you have the right to your choice of belief only respect other people's belief.

Do you not think that all our discoveries is geared down towards the existence of a supreme being. Science is merely imitating the creations of God.

proudly physicist, scientist for Christ.
No you have right to believe what ever you like but not the right for others to respect it..

If i am to respect every ideology then i will be inclined to respect every other dangerous idea, whim or coercion out there..

No i am not obligated to respect your beliefs, you can hold them that is fine but do not smear it on people's face and demand they respect it.

I am under no obligation to respect any belief so asking for such privilege will be an act of delusion from your own part.

Sumerians did a far more impressive thing like measuring the orbit of Jupiter even before the bible was ever drafted. If such a thing was in the bible i wonder the kind of excitement you all must have been having now..

Someone comes here and ask people to leave every book and read just the bible and you see nothing wrong in that and still call your self a scientist? i wonder the type of science you practise that is ok with reading one ancient book.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 9:20am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
I told yesterday that if the thing does not annoy you?
they are tying to turn this into a religious argument please bro let us steer this thread back to it's original theme and ignore any religiously inclined mention

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 9:21am On Feb 02, 2016
malvisguy212:
do not allowed Johnny to turn you into atheist, I have been following your post, first you deny being atheist, and now you speak highly of atheism, peter was one of the favorite disciple of Jesus, pride make him backslide. That is the reason most scientists are atheists, they feel like they understand everything in the universe. I pray God be with you my child.
am not an atheist,to say there is no creator is kind of dumb,I guess u can call me a deist,I love Christianity and some other religous too,but I think they don't have all the answers too,too many loopholes,and is very clear that religion have made Africa very dumb scientifically. I go to church u know.and I am a big fan of Jesus. but the old testament and creation should be question by every intelligent mind.I can never be an atheist brother because I have tons of questions unanswered so know man can conclude.they are evidence for design than there are for big bang or even evolution.I really under the bible,to the extent that I can preach or explain or sometimes even defend it,when ask about my religion I simply say am Christian becus I hail from the southsouth ,have Christian parents,I like above other religions.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 02, 2016
malvisguy212:
do not allowed Johnny to turn you into atheist, I have been following your post, first you deny being atheist, and now you speak highly of atheism, peter was one of the favorite disciple of Jesus, pride make him backslide. That is the reason most scientists are atheists, they feel like they understand everything in the universe. I pray God be with you my child.
It is in my perception wrong to threaten, persuade anyone to follow a specific path as far as religion is concerned. Why not allow him make his choices? Is he a child?

Religious faith that consist in believing whatever a Pastor says, or a book says, is wrong and in opposition to Jesus. Will God accept mental slaves who are afraid to think and analyze objectively for themselves? Why should religion claim to be holding the unquestionable truth, yet still threaten people and refuse criticism?

It is doubts and criticism that make us move forward. When we are not sure, we check, we analyse, and we reach conclusions that are safer. All of us do that in our daily lives. Why should religion not be concerned by such a sane process? If not for questionning, would we not still believe that the earth is flat?

God is not a mumu. He is not afraid of being questioned. In fact, it is even the only way that leads to true faith and true recognition of God. Erusen is entitled to his opinions about God and religion. God is not owned by any religion, and no religious mouvement has property rights on God. You are free and entitled to your beliefs. Erusen should also be.

Cheers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by malvisguy212: 9:33am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
am not an atheist,to say there is no creator is kind of dumb,I guess u can call me a deist,I love Christianity and some other religous too,but I think they don't have all the answers too,too many loopholes,and is very clear that religion have made Africa very dumb scientifically. I go to church u know.and I am a big fan of Jesus. but the old testament and creation should be question by every intelligent mind.I can never be an atheist brother because I have tons of questions unanswered so know man can conclude.they are evidence for design than there are for big bang or even evolution.I really under the bible,to the extent that I can preach or explain or sometimes even defend it,when ask about my religion I simply say am Christian becus I hail from the southsouth ,have Christian parents,I like above other religions.
do you know that, whatever thing you say about religion can be say of politics ? Hitler and the rest use politics for their selfish plan.

The wrath of God was satisfied , the Jews are minority compear to the pagan gods of the amalikites, cannanite, jubittes etc, yet this people attack the isrealite. God judge the amalikites but carry this judgment during the time of saul ( about 400years) tell me, 400 years is not enough for this people to repent ? Stop reading the accusations of atheists, read from the exedus were it all begin. They attack the isrealite with no reason.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by mrphysics(m): 9:35am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
No you have right to believe what ever you like but not the right for others to respect it..

If i am to respect every ideology then i will be inclined to respect every other dangerous idea, whim or coercion out there..

No i am not obligated to respect your beliefs, you can hold them that is fine but do not smear it on people's face and demand they respect it.

Sumerians did a far more impressive thing like measuring the orbit of Jupiter even before the bible was ever drafted. If such a thing was in the bible i wonder the kind of excitement you all must have been having now..

Someone comes here and ask people to leave every book and read just the bible and you see nothing wrong in that and still call your self a scientist? i wonder the type of science you practise that is ok with reading one ancient book.

I still demand you respect the choice of other peoples belief as prescribed by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

have you wondered the source of time? gravity? space? who do there come to be.

the ease at which it takes humans to walk, talk, eat, read etc as against the complex coding it takes for a scientifically produced robot to do the same

Jonnydon calm down, we are yet to discover 5% of what is in the universe.

I do not also tell people to read only the bible, no I don't. they should read other books and apply wisdom too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by malvisguy212: 9:38am On Feb 02, 2016
LoJ:

It is in my perception wrong to threaten, persuade anyone to follow a specific path as far as religion is concerned. Why not allow him make his choices? Is he a child?

Religious faith that consist in believing whatever a Pastor says, or a book says, is wrong and in opposition to Jesus. Will God accept mental slaves who are afraid to think and analyze objectively for themselves? Why should religion claim to be holding the unquestionable truth, yet still threaten people and refuse criticism?

It is doubts and criticism that make us move forward. When we are not sure, we check, we analyse, and we reach conclusions that are safer. All of us do that in our daily lives. Why should religion not be concerned by such a sane process? If not for questionning, would we not still believe that the earth is flat?

God is not a mumu. He is not afraid of being questioned. In fact, it is even the only way that leads to true faith and true recognition of God. Erusen is entitled to his opinions about God and religion. God is not owned by any religion, and no religious mouvement has property rights on God. You are free and entitled to your beliefs. Erusen should also be.

Cheers.
I do not threatened him, I only advice him, I am not boasting, but I am to big to believe everything my pastor tell me without questions, even you, scientist questions some of the theory of your mentor.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 9:44am On Feb 02, 2016
mrphysics:

I still demand you respect the choice of other peoples belief as prescribed by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
I have no problem with people's choice of belief perfectly fine with it but once you make mor0nic assertions fueled by your beliefs i will call that person a mor0n..

Know this now i am not obligated to respect any belief.. i recognize your right to hold it and i will even fight with you to uphold that right.. But do not demand my respect for your beliefs if propagated in public as truth ..

have you wondered the source of time? gravity? space? who do there come to be.
And you call yourself a scientist i still wonder the type you are exactly

the ease at which it takes humans to walk, talk, eat, read etc as against the complex coding it takes for a scientifically produced robot to do the same
And a self proclaimed scientists doesn't know the metabolical activities that distinguishes biological entities with inanimate ones

Jonnydon calm down, we are yet to discover 5% of what is in the universe.
Exactly and that gap is is not meant to filled up with assumptions.. that we don't know yet means we don't know yet not an avenue to employ absurd superstitions and assumptions

I do not also tell people to read only the bible, no I don't. they should read other books and apply wisdom too.
In general review all you wrote up there again and see how you are trying to bank on "ignorance" to bring basis for your beliefs..

I will not reply another mention about your beliefs again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by JhyMedex: 9:46am On Feb 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
U no go believe say I no even see this thread at all, if no be you wey mention me cheesy
U no go believe say e dey front page grin
Oya na...
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 9:48am On Feb 02, 2016
malvisguy212:
do you know that, whatever thing you say about religion can be say of politics ? Hitler and the rest use politics for their selfish plan.

The wrath of God was satisfied , the Jews are minority compear to the pagan gods of the amalikites, cannanite, jubittes etc, yet this people attack the isrealite. God judge the amalikites but carry this judgment during the time of saul ( about 400years) tell me, 400 years is not enough for this people to repent ? Stop reading the accusations of atheists, read from the exedus were it all begin. They attack the isrealite with no reason.
I didn't include all these in my earlier post about the Israelite or the biblical God being evil.my three questions are in the creation story,the historical accuracy,and scientific blunders.I still have an open mind concerning all things.I even stopped going atheistic sites because most of them were big bang theorists which I consider very questionable .first of all johhnydon and I talked about derailing the thread with religion. and that was just what happen to this thread.I respect all beliefs but I also have mine.am becoming more empirical by the day because I read a lot of stuffs,so u can't expect me not to investigate these beliefs.like I said am a deist not an atheist.if God gave us minds so we should use it.I can see u have been stalking johnnydon22 for a long time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 9:50am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
I have no problem with people's choice of belief perfectly fine with it but once you make mor0nic assertions fueled by your beliefs i will call that person a mor0n..

Know this now i am not obligated to respect any belief.. i recognize your right to hold it and i will even fight with you to uphold that right.. But do not demand my respect for your beliefs if propagated in public as truth ..

And a self proclaimed scientists doesn't know the metabolical activities that distinguishes biological entities with inanimate ones

Exactly and that gap is is not meant to filled up with assumptions.. that we don't know yet means we don't know yet not an avenue to employ absurd superstitions and assumptions
In general review all you wrote up there again and see how you are trying to bank on "ignorance" to bring basis for your beliefs..

that was hilarious
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by mrphysics(m): 9:51am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:

you are becoming full of yourself sir. pride goes before downfall.

it seems it's been long you started this and as such I have to leave you here to continue. Goodluck. Since atheists are the true scientists. I just saw you I.Q and its quite high.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 9:51am On Feb 02, 2016
LoJ and erusen please let's drive this thread back to it's original theme and ignore any other religious mumbo jumbo..

What do you guys think about Warp drive travel? NASA announced to be developing on that technology that it holds the future of space exploration.

Do you think such technology can ever be possible?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 9:54am On Feb 02, 2016
mrphysics:

you are becoming full of yourself sir. pride goes before downfall.

it seems it's been long you started this and as such I have to leave you here to continue. Goodluck. Since atheists are the true scientists. I just saw you I.Q and its quite high.
I have never stated atheists are the true scientists that remains your own words ..

You do not need to bring your beliefs into science, it never works and premises where knowledge is lacked is a call for more study not a gap to be filled by assumptions.

That is all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 9:56am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
LoJ and erusen please let's drive this thread back to it's original theme and ignore any other religious mumbo jumbo..

What do you guys think about Warp drive travel? NASA announced to be developing on that technology that it holds the future of space exploration.

nothing is impossible bro,I just continue to imagine how technology will be like in the next century.but that tech will be very hard oh.like I always say space travel will one day look like magic
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by malvisguy212: 10:00am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
I didn't include all these in my earlier post about the Israelite or the biblical God being evil.my three questions are in the creation story,the historical accuracy,and scientific blunders.I still have an open mind concerning all things.I even stopped going atheistic sites because most of them were big bang theorists which I consider very questionable .first of all johhnydon and I talked about derailing the thread with religion. and that was just what happen to this thread.I respect all beliefs but I also have mine.am becoming more empirical by the day because I read a lot of stuffs,so u can't expect me not to investigate these beliefs.like I said am a deist not an atheist.if God gave us minds so we should use it.I can see u have been stalking johnnydon22 for a long time.
I mention the old testament because you made this coment "the old testament and creation should be question" well, maby I misunderstood you (most people are fond of mentioning the killing in the old testament) . I wanted you to mention the scientific blunder in the creation account, but I don't want to derailed this thread. I am not stalking Johnny, I just like science and the mystery behind it. But when someone speak ill of people believing in God, that where am in. anyway, thank you for your time, God bless.
Modified.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:02am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
nothing is impossible bro,I just continue to imagine how technology will be like in the next century.but that tech will be very hard oh.like I always say space travel will one day look like magic
People will regard anything roped around their ignorance to be magic..

When the missionaries came, our forefathers were amazed. they marveled in awe at a tiny box that talked and made music (radio) of course it was magical to them and seemed impossible.

Have you watched Star Trek? That's the idea of Warp drive, it distorts the fabrics of space/time bending the space behind reducing the distance of the one in front.

You can travel to great distances at short time without having to move at all... you move the space/time around you and not yourself..

I was like "WTF shocked" i don't think thats possible when NASA was explaining the mechanics of the warp drive and how we may get it to work..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by mrphysics(m): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
I have never stated atheists are the true scientists that remains your own words ..

You do not need to bring your beliefs into science, it never works and premises where knowledge is lacked is a call for more study not a gap to be filled by assumptions.

That is all

You forgot that assumptions is important in physics? scientists made assumptions.

Meanwhile, if I can derive idea from my religion I do not see how it is wrong to apply it in science.

For instance in the bible, God reversed the movement of the sun and it lagged behind for 15 days, the implications is that we can go back in time.

that same going back in time is now a big question science is still struggling to answer. time will come when we will go beyond physical. time travel, entanglement, super conductivity, etc.

Let's keep watching and don't fight anyone for his belief
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:08am On Feb 02, 2016
mrphysics:

You forgot that assumptions is important in physics? scientists made assumptions.
Such assumptions am sure we regard a hypothesis and are never taught as truth until substantiated by empirical evidence and experimentations.

Once you teach you assumptions unsupported by evidence to the public as truth, you are both a liar and a fraud

Meanwhile, if I can derive idea from my religion I do not see how it is wrong to apply it in science.

For instance in the bible, God reversed the movement of the sun and it lagged behind for 15 days, the implications is that we can go back in time.

that same going back in time is now a big question science is still struggling to answer. time will come when we will go beyond physical. time travel, entanglement, super conductivity, etc.

Let's keep watching and don't fight anyone for his belief
Imagine this ..habaaa.. Ok can only "lol" at this, and you call yourself a scientist.. More reason you should never bring your beliefs into science wish you knew how it makes you sound here, this is a public forum you know ...

well Am done with you..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 10:08am On Feb 02, 2016
malvisguy212:
I mention the old testament because you made this coment "the old testament and creation should be question" well, maby I misunderstood you (most people are fond of mentioning the killing in the old testament) . I wanted you to mention the scientific blunder in the creation account, but I don't want to derailed this thread. I am not stalking Johnny, I just like science and the mystery behind it. But when someone speak ill of people believing in God, that where am in. anyway, thank you for your time, God bless.
Modified.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Hello my brother, thank you for the question.

As a principle, it is always -ceteris paribus - better to view things as being possible. Believing that something is impossible, leaves us with one option: Giving up. However to see a possibility however tiny it maybe, gives us hope and passion, without which nothing great can be achieved. And even if after intensive and extensive research it is found and proven that it is impossible, the process will still engender many new equations, formulas and discoveries that might be useful in other domains or fields

I understand the greatest problem of the Warp drive technology is the problem of the mass. let's break in down in simple terms:

If E = mc2 then c =square root(E/m). Then the higher the mass, the higher the amount of energy necessary in order to reach C. So it would require tremendous amounts of energy to move a Spacecraft made of conventional material at the speed of the light, talk less of a higher speed.

A solution would be to build the craft or part with material that have a negative density. I guess that's the idea behind the Warp Drive Nasa program. The idea is great, but where to find such material? Is there any evidence that it exists?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:15am On Feb 02, 2016
LoJ:

Hello my brother, thank you for the question.

As a principle, it is always -ceteris paribus - better to view things as being possible. Believing that something is impossible, leaves us with one option: Giving up. However to see a possibility however tiny it maybe, gives us hope and passion, without which nothing great can be achieved. And even if after intensive and extensive research it is found and proven that it is impossible, the process will still engender many new equations, formulas and discoveries that might be useful in other domains or fields

I understand the greatest problem of the Warp drive technology is the problem of the mass. let's break in down in simple terms:

If E = mc2 then c =square root(E/m). Then the higher the mass, the higher the amount of energy necessary in order to reach C. So it would require tremendous amounts of energy to move a Spacecraft made of conventional material at the speed of the light, talk less of a higher speed.

A solution would be to build the craft or part with material that have a negative density. I guess that's the idea behind the Warp Drive Nasa program. The idea is great, but where to find such material? Is there any evidence that it exists?
Anti-matter may be applied wink

But warp drive theoretically works by generating warp fields to form a subspace bubble that enveloped the starship, distorting the local spacetime continuum and moving the starship at velocities that could greatly exceed the speed of light .

so in actuality the ship is not really moving, rather its crunching the space/time ahead of it and it's desired destination

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 10:17am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
People will regard anything roped around their ignorance to be magic..

When the missionaries came, our forefathers were amazed. they marveled in awe at a tiny box that talked and made music (radio) of course it was magical to them and seemed impossible.

Have you watched Star Trek? That's the idea of Warp drive, it distorts the fabrics of space/time bending the space behind reducing the distance of the one in front.

You can travel to great distances at short time without having to move at all... you move the space/time around you and not yourself..

I was like "WTF shocked" i don't think thats possible when NASA was explaining the mechanics of the warp drive and how we may get it to work..
theoretical it is true,but when you consider Einstein theory of relativity,it becomes science fiction which I am now enjoying recently. u know after breaking the sound-barrier we have turn our imagination on how to break the light-barrier,but many scientists think of these things as science literature,in meantime though science moves forward,they are advancing ion propulsion for deep space missions,there are many"absurd" theories that have now become reality over the years,in the meantime though this project is a dream
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by LordAdam: 10:19am On Feb 02, 2016
YuckFou:
Wole Soyinka? Just exposed your foolness. U r no lord.

I don't need your validation. I am who I am and your opinion does not change that.

Please tell me someone in your lineage who is better than Wole Soyinka?

Welcome to the club of those who troll me on NL!

-Lord
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 02, 2016
mrphysics:

Whether something is asserted in the Bible does not make it true or untrue. Whatever is claimed in the Bible, when it concerns the spiritual can't be analysed by Science, for Science does not deal with the spiritual.

But when the Bible or Bible scholars make a claim that has to do with the physical universe, Science can prove it wrong or true. in this case, it can scientifically be proven that it is impossible - even for God - that the earth -not the sun- has stopped its rotation a few centuries ago for 15 days, even for one minute. Why?

You are a physicist right? You know the speed at which the earth rotates around the sun right? Calculate the effect of a halt of the earth and its direct consequences on the living organism. If anything like that happened, there would be no human beings left on earth.

Now to those willing to reply: "But God is omnipotent". I say God is not able to break his own laws. The laws of the universe are created by him out of perfection. Why should a God change laws he made out of perfection and omniscience? If he changes them, then these laws were not perfect in the first place. Therefore, the laws of God are perfect and immutable, and can't be violated even by Him. It is left to each one to decide if that story in the Bible is false or allegorical. Still, it can be easily demonstrated that the story is not literally true.

Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by dazzlingd(m): 10:22am On Feb 02, 2016
E383:

Pfffffft. I am still waiting for you people with the open mind to show me aliens. I maintain a closed one till I see a flying ship. grin
even when u see them with your two eyes you will still claim they are hoax. .

many puzzles around u, it's left to you to fix the puzzles together and answer questions about your world if mental laziness or fear for the truth will permit
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:23am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
theoretical it is true,but when you consider Einstein theory of relativity,it becomes science fiction which I am now enjoying recently. u know after breaking the sound-barrier we have turn our imagination on how to break the light-barrier,but many scientists think of these things as science literature,in meantime though science moves forward,they are advancing ion propulsion for deep space missions,there are many"absurd" theories that have now become reality over the years,in the meantime though this project is a dream
E=MC2 like LoJ pointed out shows its practically impossible to achieve speed of light..

Because at that speed the energy required runs at infinite and we cannot achieve that..

Warp drive is not really moving. You know Space/time expands faster than light itself that is why most part of the universe are not visible to us cus light hasn't gotten enough time to travel such distances and it keeps expanding..

But in the theoretical Warp drive, the ship is not really moving.. No it is only distorting the space/time around it...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 10:26am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
E=MC2 like LoJ pointed out shows its practically impossible to achieve speed of light..

Because at that speed the energy required runs at infinite and we cannot achieve that..

Warp drive is not really moving. You know Space/time expands faster than light itself that is why most part of the universe are not visible to us cus light hasn't gotten enough time to travel such distances and it keeps expanding..

But in the theoretical Warp drive, the ship is not really moving.. No it is only distorting the space/time around it...
yes that is what am talking about,but I think is kind of a dead end.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 10:28am On Feb 02, 2016
dazzlingd:

even when u see them with your two eyes you will still claim they are hoax. .

many puzzles around u, it's left to you to fix the puzzles together and answer questions about your world if mental laziness or fear for the truth will permit
bro most stories about UFO are just hearsays and Hollywood,am too factual to believe those stuffs
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 10:29am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
yes that is what am talking about,but I think is kind of a dead end.
I think not though... If Einstein was right and space/time was like a flexible fabric and expands faster than light.. then surely we do not need to go fast like light we only need space/time to take on that jolly ride grin
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 10:31am On Feb 02, 2016
LoJ:

Whether something is asserted in the Bible does not make it true or untrue. Whatever is claimed in the Bible, when it concerns the spiritual can't be analysed by Science, for Science does not deal with the spiritual.

But when the Bible or Bible scholars make a claim that has to do with the physical universe, Science can prove it wrong or true. in this case, it can scientifically be proven that it is impossible - even for God - that the earth -not the sun- has stopped its rotation a few centuries ago for 15 days, even for one minute. Why?

You are a physicist right? You know the speed at which the earth rotates around the sun right? Calculate the effect of a halt of the earth and its direct consequences on the living organism. If anything like that happened, there would be no human beings left on earth.

Now to those willing to reply: "But God is omnipotent". I say God is not able to break his own laws. The laws of the universe are created by him out of perfection. Why should a God change laws he made out of perfection and omniscience? If he changes them, then these laws were not perfect in the first place. Therefore, the laws of God are perfect and immutable, and can't be violated even by Him. It is left to each one to decide if that story in the Bible is false or allegorical. Still, it can be easily demonstrated that the story is not literally true.

Cheers.
yea bro,I also heard about the missing 24 hours oh,I think I heard something about astrologers saying stuffs like that I think I Google it now

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Huge Python Delivering Money In Zimbabwe (Video) / Boy Kills Huge Cobra In Kogi After Invading His House. Photos / Stunning And Rare Mammatus Clouds Form On Argentina Skies (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.