Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,800 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving (2311 Views)

My Husband Keeps Giving Me Yeast Infections! Please Help? / 13 Pictures You’ll Get If You Have A Friend That Keeps Going Back To The Ex / The iPhone My Girlfriend Gave Me As Valentine's Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by ChidinmaRose(f): 10:32am On Feb 01, 2016
So I bumped into this good friend just yesterday. He and I haven’t seen in a while but I keep in touch with his woman who is also my friend.

We get talking and he asks after Noble Igwe whom he’s a huge fan of. I tell him Noble is great and then he talks about coming across an article where Noble reviews his best Android phones for Valentine’s . He reveals that he’s a little confused on what phone to get for his woman this Valentine’s. He wants me to pick from the five phones Noble recommended. He wants her to have something she would keep using for some time. Something chic, trendy and worth her time.

Now, this is easy for me, I reply with a smile, “Tecno Phantom 5.”

“Aren’t you recommending that because it’s the phone you’re using?”

“I won’t recommend something that I haven’t tried. Buy her the phone. It’s totally worth all the hype you’ve been hearing. Didn’t Noble endorse it?”

I stare at the crease on his forehead; he is still not convinced. And so I go ahead and pitch the phone’s specs and features to him.

I tell him about the scratch resistance screen. I show him the 13MP back camera and also show him the clarity of the 8MP front camera. He wants to see pictures; I open my gallery and he’s amazed at the quality of pictures he finds there, from both the front and back cameras.

He seems interested in the fingerprint sensor so I demonstrate how fast it works, adding that it is faster than Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and the iPhone 6 at a responsiveness of 0.7 seconds.

He says he has heard that the sound is amazing and so I play him a DJ Kentalky’s ‘Headache’ video featuring Yemi Alade and Dammy Krane. He is wowed by both the sound and picture quality of the Phantom 5.

Next, he asks me about the performance of the phone. I am only too glad to share that it comes with a 1.5GHz Octa-core cortex processor and has 3GB of RAM which is great when you want to multitask. I explain how I do a lot of things at the same time while using the phone. User Interface is great, I add. Easy functionality. I show him the already pre-installed apps. Google Chrome, BBM, Whatsapp, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Palmchat, Palmplay, Google Play Store, UC Mini browser, Google Maps, Google Settings, WPS Office, Opera Mini and others.

By now, I am beginning to see that crease on his forehead disappear.

“And battery life?”

“3, 000mAh Lithium Ion battery. Every day I start with a full battery and only have to recharge by evening, and that is when I use it fully.”

He pauses, he’s in thought, he’s contemplating…

“You’re sure this phone is strong? You know my babe can like to throw her phones anyhow.”

I laugh. “Do you know how many times this phone has hit the floor? I can’t even count and I’ve even taken the jacket off because it’s too beautiful to have it covered. Yet do you see any scratch?”

He stares at it. Says nothing for a bit…

And then, “How much is it?”

“Only 69, 900 bucks.”

“Sally!”

“But after all I’ve told you, isn’t it worth it?”

“It is actually, but…”

“I tell him to visit Stylevitae to re-read Noble’s review of the phone here. I also tell him about my own review here.”

He promises me he’ll check them out but I know he’s already sold.

By the time I am done, he is left with half a smile on his face. He asks to have another feel of the phone and I pass it to him. He falls in love ─ I guess.

“I can get used to touching this, Sally. The capacitive screen is amazing. Are you sure I won’t buy one for myself too?”

I laugh. He won’t let go of the phone even when I tell him I have to rush on home.

“A selfie for the road, Sal?”

I smile and pose.

“I’ll definitely get this for her for Valentine’s.”

Source: http://www.360nobs.com/2016/01/tecno-phantom-5-the-gift-that-keeps-giving/

Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 01, 2016
undecided
Itumo undecided
Meaning undecided
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by missingrib(f): 11:02am On Feb 01, 2016
mehnnn can't believe this,becos of fone will now waste 69,900.
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by henry007(m): 11:04am On Feb 01, 2016
missingrib:
Lool say na waste, which one did you eventually waste your money on?
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by missingrib(f): 11:12am On Feb 01, 2016
henry007:

Lool say na waste, which one did you eventually waste your money on?
I can buy fone of 35k and below but not to the extent of 69900k.abegg plenty things dey wey person fit use money do especially this buhari regime where everything is dry.
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by cruzita(f): 11:31am On Feb 01, 2016
for this kind time na em person wan spend that kind amount on phone. it seems people will go bankrupt because of this val oo
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by ChidinmaRose(f): 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
missingrib:
How can it be a waste. It's a premium phone.
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by ChidinmaRose(f): 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
missingrib:
I can buy fone of 35k and below but not to the extent of 69900k.abegg plenty things dey wey person fit use money do especially this buhari regime where everything is dry.
You mustn't get a Phantom 5, there are other phones with the 35k price range. But 69k is not a waste for a phone with specs like this.
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by missingrib(f): 5:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
ChidinmaRose:

You mustn't get a Phantom 5, there are other phones with the 35k price range. But 69k is not a waste for a phone with specs like this.
for you now
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by ChidinmaRose(f): 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
missingrib:
for you now

OK. I guess we are all entitled to our own opinion.
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by ChidinmaRose(f): 6:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
Nice
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by BenKafor(m): 5:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
I do like the phantom 5
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by BenKafor(m): 5:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
It is my dream phone
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by BenKafor(m): 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
Is it true tho that boom j8 is coming out soon?
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by BenKafor(m): 1:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
I think I saw it somewhere on nairaland
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by BenKafor(m): 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
Op
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by JanethEze(f): 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
BenKafor:

LOL. I think I saw it too. It would be cool tho
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by JanethEze(f): 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
This Phantom 5 looks good o.
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by JanethEze(f): 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
BenKafor:
It is my dream phone

Go and buy it na
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by BenKafor(m): 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2016
JanethEze:

LOL. I think I saw it too. It would be cool tho

Yeah, it will. The J7 was a good music phone so it won't be a surprise
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by BenKafor(m): 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
JanethEze:

Go and buy it na

Will you give me the money?
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by JanethEze(f): 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
BenKafor:

Will you give me the money?

Ah ah. It's not that expensive. Just 70k
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by JanethEze(f): 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2016
BenKafor:

Yeah, it will. The J7 was a good music phone so it won't be a surprise

Yes. It was a good one.
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by Ana5000(f): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
BenKafor:

Wait are you for real?
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by Ana5000(f): 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
Mehn, wonder what Boom J8 would look like. Lol
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by JanethEze(f): 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ana5000:
Mehn, wonder what Boom J8 would look like. Lol

I dey wonder too. grin
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by Ana5000(f): 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2016
JanethEze:

I dey wonder too. grin

I will Google it now to see if it's true
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by Ana5000(f): 2:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by JanethEze(f): 2:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ana5000:

I will Google it now to see if it's true

Yeah, please do coz I don't have data
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by JanethEze(f): 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ana5000:
Hmmm
It's real o. Check out this link https://www.nairaland.com/2963521/tecno-boom-j8-thread-first#43368408

Na WA o. It's true. I just checked it out.
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by chrisbaby24(m): 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ohh churchi....I tire oo....
Re: The Valentine Gift That Keeps Giving by BenKafor(m): 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ana5000:

Wait are you for real?

Yes. For real.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lovely..! See How This Nigerian Lady Proposes To Her Boyfriend [see Photo] / Reletionship Without Sex?? Advice / My Crush....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.