Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. (38357 Views)

Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity / Dangote Oil Refinery: Graduate Engineer Trainees Return After Overseas Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by MrFootball(m): 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
ladyF:
€ is 4.
It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by t0bbY(m): 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
@Marxxx am expecting you to give us the correct answer ..thank u but I believe it's 18
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Odiz(m): 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
D answer is 4, 1=€/12 + €/6, u knw d rest
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Marxxx: 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
holyFRED:

I hate to insult people online but you are dead_fucking stupid man who is so full of himself and tries to claim 'Mr Perfect' when he is nothing.

Why didn't you post-pone the confirmation and then learn more on it before holding it?
You rather chose to end their struggles with a_fucking mathematics question.

This thread displays your stupidity at its peak bro.
quoting you questions my personality but I will do that. You see the day you expect life to be fair....you have started losing reality. I can choose to ask whatever I like. Moreover the trainee will be working in my unit If he/she under performs will they blame you? Of course not. I deal with complex computations I need people who can withstand the pressure. Did you know the Senior partner may not have picked any...so why are you lamenting? Some have solved it, many more will do. Here you are complaining others saw it as an opportunity to test their numerical skill....wail on

7 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by BlackHummer(m): 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
fippycbk:

Infinity things abi?
Something of that nature.
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by wabilah: 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
The answer is 2
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by emydot(m): 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
Z
Marxxx:
If I were you, This will challenge me. This will make me smarter. I faced worse during my confirmation period. Learn to accept challenges rather than complain about the nature of the challenge....it won't change anything
. Coz u faced worse during your confirmation, so you want others to go through hell.. Change that mentality.. Why not face the people that confirmed you instead of facing innocent souls

8 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
holyFRED:

They all did solve he but he gave them a time frame(90secs).

The OP is just a guy who is so full of himself when he is pure_shit.

Imagine how he is even proud telling us that he ended people's struggles in 90secs.
Guy,this thread annoys the hell out of me and I don't care being banned as long as I say my mind to this guy.

cc: STFUareyouG.od
Tosyne2m.uch

Coman see a fool(the op) on NL. embarassed
hehehehe make I go read the story

I won't blame op tho. I guess he was only trying to avoid being responsible for their employment in case anything goes wrong. So that was his own way of minimising the risk of staining his own record. He clearly stated that he'll be responsible for whatever they do there after. And he doesn't want his record tarnished.
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
brunofarad:
So u want these poor kids to help u find ur lost €
By dashing Their hopes at the 11th hour

Oya you what's the value of

i2 under complex number realm

Solve within 90seconds

Over sabi

-1 I guess
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by correctyourself(m): 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Marxxx:
If I were you, This will challenge me. This will make me smarter. I faced worse during my confirmation period. Learn to accept challenges rather than complain about the nature of the challenge....it won't change anything

What did you mean challenge in this situation when you don't know the right way to go!

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Marxxx: 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
brunofarad:
So u want these poor kids to help u find ur lost €
By dashing Their hopes at the 11th hour

Oya you what's the value of

i2 under complex number realm

Solve within 90seconds

Over sabi
lol........did just say complex numbers? Look these trainees will be exposed to complex financial and numerical calculations......you are funny....complex numbers...lol

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by jayceeabdulwasiu(m): 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
Answer is 2
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by abimic(m): 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
This isn't basic Reasoning nah... This is just pure elementary Mathematics that even the last ranked person on cowbell Mathematics quiz competition can solve. The answer is 4 and infact, so many primary 6 Quantitative Reasoning are more time demanding to think of the solution than this cheap epistle. Guess those guys were anxious and nervous, was y I think they didn't get it right for them to have come that far, it shows they are good.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
zeezy1:
E/E - E/6=E/12
6E-E/6E=E/12
Cross-multiply 6E * E =12(6E-E) 6E^2 =72E-12E 6E^2 =60E Divide both sides by E 6E = 60 Divide both sides by 6 E = 10
Am i right?
good boy u got it right but you copied my ans
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by okuya: 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
That's the problem we face in Nigeria today, when u av incompetent hands recruiting for organisations, the op confessed of her incompetency lack of confidence in being able to confirm the recruits, thereby making her resort to an irrelevant impromptu test which may av eliminated the best brains and hands d organisation could av gotten.
She certainly used the wrong measuring instrument in assessing them, she could as well av asked them to put down their names on a piece of paper then draw lots to get the winner.
Nigeria! We'll get there someday sha!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by spoilerx: 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
The answer is 4. cant believe people are having trouble with this. too easy

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Zelex9(m): 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
Fair enough. However I don't think the final employment decision should be taken based on one equation.
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
Please reward us zeezy1 and I
Marxxx:
I received a call from the Hr unit that they are sending 5 Trainees to me for confirmation. I was surprised because they didn't give me a prior notice. When I Queried the lady from the Hr unit she said the Senior Partner (HOD) contacted them that he will travelling to the UK that I can go ahead with the confirmation.

I was a bit nervous because I find it difficult relating with people, what do I ask them? Moreover I have too much on my hands already. I told Hr to give me an hour so that I can coordinate myself tongue....The truth is if you confirm a trainee and He/she under performs, it tells badly on your record. Here I am always striving to maintain a spotless record now this challenge doesn't look good.

Exactly an hour later Hr unit called again that they are on their way, I told her to take them to the conference room.....30mins later I joined them Lo and Behold I saw 5 well dressed gentlemen and ladies 3 guys and 2 ladies. I stared at them and they were looking back at me (which kind witch be this I said to myself) They thought I was testing them truth is I don't even know what to say or ask....."tell me your names I started".....after all the blah blah.....i went through their cv's it was good. 3 had first class. it was B.A trainee, I looked at their aptitude test performances read their essays great; yet I didn't know what further qstns to ask. So I wrote down a simple arithmetic on the board and I gave them 90s to solve. Only one got it right within the time frame (A lady!!!!; she bagged First class from Reading University UK). I thanked them for their interest in joining us. I sent my remarks to Hr and they were shocked. Hr Manager had to call me explaining that they have spent so such on the recruitment exercise and approving just one means they have to continue the exercise. I simply told him Mr ***a** you can confirm the rest.

This was the simple problem I wrote on the board.

€/€ - €/6 = €/12......what is the value of €?

So I am asking you, how good are you with basic reasoning?
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
Marxxx:
I received a call from the Hr unit that they are sending 5 Trainees to me for confirmation. I was surprised because they didn't give me a prior notice. When I Queried the lady from the Hr unit she said the Senior Partner (HOD) contacted them that he will travelling to the UK that I can go ahead with the confirmation.

I was a bit nervous because I find it difficult relating with people, what do I ask them? Moreover I have too much on my hands already. I told Hr to give me an hour so that I can coordinate myself tongue....The truth is if you confirm a trainee and He/she under performs, it tells badly on your record. Here I am always striving to maintain a spotless record now this challenge doesn't look good.

Exactly an hour later Hr unit called again that they are on their way, I told her to take them to the conference room.....30mins later I joined them Lo and Behold I saw 5 well dressed gentlemen and ladies 3 guys and 2 ladies. I stared at them and they were looking back at me (which kind witch be this I said to myself) They thought I was testing them truth is I don't even know what to say or ask....."tell me your names I started".....after all the blah blah.....i went through their cv's it was good. 3 had first class. it was B.A trainee, I looked at their aptitude test performances read their essays great; yet I didn't know what further qstns to ask. So I wrote down a simple arithmetic on the board and I gave them 90s to solve. Only one got it right within the time frame (A lady!!!!; she bagged First class from Reading University UK). I thanked them for their interest in joining us. I sent my remarks to Hr and they were shocked. Hr Manager had to call me explaining that they have spent so such on the recruitment exercise and approving just one means they have to continue the exercise. I simply told him Mr ***a** you can confirm the rest.

This was the simple problem I wrote on the board.

€/€ - €/6 = €/12......what is the value of €?

So I am asking you, how good are you with basic reasoning?

From your summation its pretty obvious you are not qualified to sit in your current chair. No one said you must confirm them all but your methodology clearly betrays malicious intent. and for you to come online and post it tells a lot more about the content of your character. ''I am always striving to maintain a spotless record'' Abi? Karma is a rule that governs affairs in this sphere and bro, is she a Bi...t! Little patience bro, very very soon the unfair fate you forced on those kids would be child's play compared to what would happen to you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Mrlekan07034617: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
Omotayor123:
Your € is 72wink
72 kwa? This ur own answer is too far from everyone's own
Its simple algebra nd the answer is 4..
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
I read this post and I laughed... Its simple the OP is a bitter and naturally low self esteemed individual.

His kind only derives their substance and feeling of importance from their ability to subjugate others and the feeling of satisfaction they get from causing others pain.

I seriously doubt he has a happy marriage at all if he even has a family. Very unfortunate thing to have such a pessimist decide ones fate.

You can tell how proud and egocentric he is even from this write up.

For your information Mr Man I remember the last stage of my interview where I presently work, I was so overwhelmed with the meeting I did not pass any of the 4 qtns I was asked by my panel.

Surprisingly I was selected, ofcourse the panel must have judged my composure, my demeanour when I was being corrected and my mien as a whole.

I work in the financial industry too for your information.

Op you should look for those guys nd seek for their forgiveness cos you might also need mercy at some point and you may be judged harshly too.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Marxxx:
quoting you questions my personality but I will do that. You see the day you expect life to be fair....you have started losing reality. I can choose to ask whatever I like. Moreover the trainee will be working in my unit If he/she under performs will they blame you? Of course not. I deal with complex computations I need people who can withstand the pressure. Did you know the Senior partner may not have picked any...so why are you lamenting? Some have solved it, many more will do. Here you are complaining others saw it as an opportunity to test their numerical skill....wail on
Wail on?
Who the_fuck are you that I would wail you?

I don't see it as an opportuinity to test my numerical skills cos I already know I can solve it but piling more pressure on those guys when they were already in some?
You see the brain as a pressure pot or what?

How sure are you that the senior partner wouldn't pick any?
Pls,be sincere and tell us your confirmation test so that we would understand you a bit but even at that,nothing justifies your actions to me.

P.S: Your personality is pure_shit to me as I don't give a hoot about you. I just live my life my way not expecting mercy from no one except God. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Bigtoto(f): 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Come!@ op why are you this wicked? Such questions are for classrooms please. I've been in the service for over 10years and I've never encountered such questions during work.

You for ask them general questions, what if the other four are good in their own field? This is why we've been paused for so long.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by duchessofyork: 8:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Mrlekan07034617: 8:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
If your answer here isn't 4 then you need some good mathematical calculations brush-ups

Seriously imagine terrible answers guys are posting....

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Mattex001(m): 8:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
OP you did very well by confirming only one.

I'm very sure that the op wouldn't have set the question if it wasn't relevant.

And in case you didn't notice, if he confirms them and they mess up, it's on him.

If you made a 2.1 or first class, then prove it.

What if I made 2.1 in Pol sc or Geography ? Its a Trainee Job so i think the course of study doesn't count, I must say Your opinion is undoubtedly void of a reasonable thinking...

3 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by petiteee(f): 8:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
Can u imagine, and op I feeling. Himself while these other 3 candidates won't ve a good night rest angry

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Marxxx: 8:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
okuya:
That's the problem we face in Nigeria today, when u av incompetent hands recruiting for organisations, the op confessed of her incompetency lack of confidence in being able to confirm the recruits, thereby making her resort to an irrelevant impromptu test which may av eliminated the best brains and hands d organisation could av gotten.
She certainly used the wrong measuring instrument in assessing them, she could as well av asked them to put down their names on a piece of paper then draw lots to get the winner.
Nigeria! We'll get there someday sha!
If I had given them a comprehension test I believe you will complain. Looking at what you wrote up there shows your comprehension is not too good. Did I tell you am in Hr? How do you assimilate? Complaints can't take you anywhere...pls go back, read and understand....

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by PresVA: 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
This op is just full of himself. . Even his previous thread says a lot. .

4 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by lakizmet(m): 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
Don't u tink d trainees were as nervous as u wia.al dis interview stuff doesn't prove who knows it all.someone put his job on d line 4u @list u would av done same.......God gave u d opportunity to determine d fate of 5guys atlist bros u would av done beta

3 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
cutetopsey:
€ is 4.

Question
€/€ - €/6 = €/12.

Solution

€/€ = €/12+€/6

€/€= €+2€/12

€/€= 3€/12

Cross multiply

12€= 3€^2

Divide both sides by €

12€/€= 3€^2/€

12= 3€

Make € the subject of the formulae

€= 12/3

€=4

Ans = 4

BTW, check my signature on how to get rid excess tummy fats

Why didn't you do this instead...

€/€ - €/6 = €/12

1 = €/12 + €/6

1 = (€ + 2€)/12

1 = 3€/12

1 = €/4

4 = € or € = 4

Now, modifying your working below...

12€ = 3€^2

12€ - 3€^2 = 0

3€(4 - €) = 0

3€ = 0 or 4 - € = 0

€ = 0 or € = 4

Your method actually yielded two answers: € = 0 or 4.

Now, which is the correct answer?
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by semidara(m): 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
@OP, it's been ages since I posted or made any comments on NL because I prefer to be a silent observer and reader, but I think what you did is not a fair assessment of these young graduate trainees. I believe they must have been made to pass through a vigorous screening exercise and only for you to ask them to solve just 1 mathematical equation as a way of determining their fate is a harsh method for their confirmation.

It is not everyone that's good with mathematical equations, and it does not mean because they couldn't solve that particular equation that they can't solve others or won't be good on their jobs. We need to offer the youths of this nation an opportunity to prove themselves and that with proper supervision and on the job training they will be able to deliver.

You didn't do well in my opinion with your assessment.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Twitter Refuses To Pay African Employees, Replies With Poop Emoji / I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Christie Amara Opara: Navy Promotes First Female Nurse In Nigeria As General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.