Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. (38313 Views)

Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity / Dangote Oil Refinery: Graduate Engineer Trainees Return After Overseas Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by dunmotuscana(m): 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
I got it wrong,na 4
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by lantessy(m): 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
BlackHummer:

U are the only real mathematician on this thread.
The answer can not be zero.
Check....
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
Marxxx:
I received a call from the Hr unit that they are sending 5 Trainees to me for confirmation. I was surprised because they didn't give me a prior notice. When I Queried the lady from the Hr unit she said the Senior Partner (HOD) contacted them that he will travelling to the UK that I can go ahead with the confirmation.

I was a bit nervous because I find it difficult relating with people, what do I ask them? Moreover I have too much on my hands already. I told Hr to give me an hour so that I can coordinate myself tongue....The truth is if you confirm a trainee and He/she under performs, it tells badly on your record. Here I am always striving to maintain a spotless record now this challenge doesn't look good.

Exactly an hour later Hr unit called again that they are on their way, I told her to take them to the conference room.....30mins later I joined them Lo and Behold I saw 5 well dressed gentlemen and ladies 3 guys and 2 ladies. I stared at them and they were looking back at me (which kind witch be this I said to myself) They thought I was testing them truth is I don't even know what to say or ask....."tell me your names I started".....after all the blah blah.....i went through their cv's it was good. 3 had first class. it was B.A trainee, I looked at their aptitude test performances read their essays great; yet I didn't know what further qstns to ask. So I wrote down a simple arithmetic on the board and I gave them 90s to solve. Only one got it right within the time frame (A lady!!!!; she bagged First class from Reading University UK). I thanked them for their interest in joining us. I sent my remarks to Hr and they were shocked. Hr Manager had to call me explaining that they have spent so such on the recruitment exercise and approving just one means they have to continue the exercise. I simply told him Mr ***a** you can confirm the rest.

This was the simple problem I wrote on the board.

€/€ - €/6 = €/12......what is the value of €?

So I am asking you, how good are you with basic reasoning?
So what now?
We should clap for you and doff hat for you killing the dreams of some poor people?
Do you know the psychological effect of this poo you just did on these people?
Were you treated this way when you went to apply for a job?

Guy,I'm just SMH For you and hoping those people don't lay curses on you.

13 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by sallysalsa09: 7:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
I had two options immediately 2 and 4 but working it out is 4
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Jahdeyemi: 7:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
E shud b 4

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by idu1(m): 7:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
Marxxx:
I received a call from the Hr unit that they are sending 5 Trainees to me for confirmation. I was surprised because they didn't give me a prior notice. When I Queried the lady from the Hr unit she said the Senior Partner (HOD) contacted them that he will travelling to the UK that I can go ahead with the confirmation.

I was a bit nervous because I find it difficult relating with people, what do I ask them? Moreover I have too much on my hands already. I told Hr to give me an hour so that I can coordinate myself tongue....The truth is if you confirm a trainee and He/she under performs, it tells badly on your record. Here I am always striving to maintain a spotless record now this challenge doesn't look good.

Exactly an hour later Hr unit called again that they are on their way, I told her to take them to the conference room.....30mins later I joined them Lo and Behold I saw 5 well dressed gentlemen and ladies 3 guys and 2 ladies. I stared at them and they were looking back at me (which kind witch be this I said to myself) They thought I was testing them truth is I don't even know what to say or ask....."tell me your names I started".....after all the blah blah.....i went through their cv's it was good. 3 had first class. it was B.A trainee, I looked at their aptitude test performances read their essays great; yet I didn't know what further qstns to ask. So I wrote down a simple arithmetic on the board and I gave them 90s to solve. Only one got it right within the time frame (A lady!!!!; she bagged First class from Reading University UK). I thanked them for their interest in joining us. I sent my remarks to Hr and they were shocked. Hr Manager had to call me explaining that they have spent so such on the recruitment exercise and approving just one means they have to continue the exercise. I simply told him Mr ***a** you can confirm the rest.

So I am asking you, how good are you with basic reasoning?
The thunder wey go fire u dey load for park

7 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
ladyF:
€ is 4.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

99.98% mathematically correct

In simple english, it is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery correct QED
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Adesolomon2014(m): 7:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
hmmm, 3 is ma ans(dnt ask me hw i got it)
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Boeing777pilot: 7:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
OP you did very well by confirming only one.

I'm very sure that the op wouldn't have set the question if it wasn't relevant.

And in case you didn't notice, if he confirms them and they mess up, it's on him.

If you made a 2.1 or first class, then prove it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by ComrdDRS: 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
The op na one wicked idiot, just confirmation you go de form sabi....
Realdeals:
Sebi na confirmation they ask you to do, why another test? Rather than excuse yourself from the confirmation you ended up terminating somebody hope.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by jaybee3(m): 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
tearoses:
Jaybee3 cool

Shille Merin
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by BlackHummer(m): 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
lantessy:

The answer can not be zero.
Check....

I was careless. would be undeterminable for €=0
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by truthspeaks: 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
U ve said it all. Imagine a Hr professional who z afraid of communicating, cld nt even rise 2 d occasion as he requested an hour 2 coordinate himself n expects trainees to knw evrytin in 90secs. OP jst used d aura of his authority 2 dash d hopes of those recruits. Imagine wat they wld hv gone thru b4 getting 2 dat stage n they wr jst 5 in number 4 dat mata considering d thousands of applicants dat wld hv applied @ d beginning. In summary, d op is a professional buffoon...sory 2 say
InformedLola:
Op, I hate to insult people on social media but I just have to say you are a buffoon who is just too full of himself. You refused to confirm those guys because of this simple bit of maths you posted? How is that equation a means of judging critical reasoning?

You are so myopic that you forget there are key leadership attributes that should be looked out for in addition to analytic thinking. And I must say it is probably because you lack those attributes yourself.

15 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by fippycbk(m): 7:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
BlackHummer:
€ = 4 or 0

Your answer sweet me. Kudos
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by PresVA: 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Marxxx:
Mind your language your man!
You're very insensitive!
To use the arithmetic alone to judge someone's capability shows how irrational you're.. is the potential job about solving arithmetics? Even at that, why couldn't you test further? How could judge them because of that!
In your mind now, you don do well? I really pray Karma doesn't visit you because you must surely attend interviews one way or the other. ...

17 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by jaybee3(m): 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
zeezy1:
E/E - E/6=E/12

6E-E/6E=E/12

Cross-multiply
6E * E =12(6E-E)
6E^2 =72E-12E
6E^2 =60E
Divide both sides by E
6E = 60
Divide both sides by 6
E = 10

Am i right?

E/E =1

1-€/6=€/12
1=€/12+€/6
1=€/12+2€/12
12=3€
€=12/3
€=4
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Marxxx: 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
davide470:
Marxxx,

So you refused to confirm all the trainees because of a simple arithmetic

How does your arithmetic determine anything? or did they buy the 1.1 and 2.1 they graduated with!

You better go back and re-confirm them angry angry
davide470 about six years ago when I got to this stage, I was confirmed by an Indian. We were 18 only 3 were picked. To be candid if I asked them the questions that Indian man asked me six years ago I am very sure none will scale through. Your degree (1.1, 2.1) shows you are capable of learning, But it doesn't show your speed or rate of learning. We deal with very complex financial theories. Moreover first class is as common as clay around here. Trainees are very expensive to maintain. So when they under perform...your decision making skill will be questioned...Arithmetic (Numerical skill) determines alot. Sometimes you get incomplete data from a client and you are supposed to advise them based on the data. They are paying you millions for that, do you tell them incomplete data? You reason out the rest from God knows where....so I was fair enough...

9 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by satfk: 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
€ is either 0 or 4.
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by GoldenJAT(m): 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
What a dumb OP!!! Who told u evry1 is good with numbers As intelligent as I am, give me calculations if u want 2 render me silly... Dt doesn't mean I'm dumb.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by BlackHummer(m): 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
fippycbk:

Your answer sweet me. Kudos
I was wrong. €=4 only. €=0 will make the equation undeterminable.
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by ndcide(m): 7:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
How much them for pay sef?

I've seen hrm with this kind of attitude fired within one year and they're suddenly facing interview panel.

If the @op was given correct multiple Intergation to do at the point of his confirmation, wouldn't he say they were unfair?

Or you give him the first principle of differentiation to prove, how far will he go?

Confirmation should be based on the nature of job they'll be doing
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by tomdon(m): 7:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by miccodb(m): 7:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
i quite agree with poster. a fresh grad should solve this no matter what.

At my old age i did. multiply through by 12. and ur answer is obvious.
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by emydot(m): 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=Marxxx post=42589850]I received a call from the Hr unit that they are sending 5 Trainees to me for confirmation. I was surprised because they didn't give me a prior notice. When I Queried the lady from the Hr unit she said the Senior Partner (HOD) contacted them that he will travelling to the UK that I can go ahead with the confirmation.

So I am asking you, how good are you with basic reasoning? [/quote. .. In your mind..Don't you know you can get a query for insubordination coz this is just a simple instruction that you failed to comply with. Apart from the fact that you are killing other people's dreams and ambitions, its because of people like you that this country is where it is today. #Simple instruction. #Obey before complain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
Marxxx:
Mind your language your man!
I hate to insult people online but you are dead_fucking stupid man who is so full of himself and tries to claim 'Mr Perfect' when he is nothing.

Why didn't you post-pone the confirmation and then learn more on it before holding it?
You rather chose to end their struggles with a_fucking mathematics question.

This thread displays your stupidity at its peak bro.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by fippycbk(m): 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
BlackHummer:

I was wrong. €=4 only. €=0 will make the equation undeterminable.

Infinity things abi?
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
jaybee3:

Shille Merin

mo trust e grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Aremu01(m): 7:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
Op, u didn't try. Do you know how terrible it is to feel unemployed? Do you know the depression n trauma of being jobless, yet u just dashed the hope of those young grads.
Hmmm, whatever you sew.....

3 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Marxxx: 7:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
correctyourself:

I must say you are a wrong person to be in your position, just because you don't know what to do you decided to play out of the rules because you want to protect your records and thwarted the efforts of those that have been working to make sure they got to that level even when you saw that their records from the recruitment process is good, don't worry this will expose you to your organization that you lack what it takes to handle such issue, must they know everything that you knew? By the way, are they not trainees? and what did you understand by (trainee) , By the grace of God that decision will be revised while your capacity would be made known to your organization.
If I were you, This will challenge me. This will make me smarter. I faced worse during my confirmation period. Learn to accept challenges rather than complain about the nature of the challenge....it won't change anything

3 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
miccodb:
i quite agree with poster. a fresh grad should solve this no matter what.

At my old age i did. multiply through by 12. and ur answer is obvious.
They all did solve he but he gave them a time frame(90secs).

The OP is just a guy who is so full of himself when he is pure_shit.

Imagine how he is even proud telling us that he ended people's struggles in 90secs.
Guy,this thread annoys the hell out of me and I don't care being banned as long as I say my mind to this guy.

cc: STFUareyouGod
Tosyne2much

Coman see a fool(the op) on NL. embarassed

8 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by Senorita123(f): 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
OP pls remember me in your kingdom o, I really need a job badly. I promise not to dissapoint u no matter the aptitude question u ask. I travelled down from Ib to lag today for an interview and on my way back, I entered 419/ kidnappers cab, na God save me o...# things unemployed graduates go through#

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Confirm Four Trainees After Their Assessment Centre. by t0bbY(m): 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
@Marxxx am expecting you to give us the correct answer ..thank u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pictures Of Ebonyi State Vocational College. / How Nigerian Companies Choose Who To Fire When They Downsize / Mass Retirement Of Senior NDDC Staff Looms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.