Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

I Respect Igbos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Respect Igbos (5997 Views)

Why I Respect Atiku – Fani-kayode / I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye / I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Respect Igbos by SonOfEl(m): 6:47am On Feb 06, 2016
Leke12, your sincerity and boldness have earned my respect. Thank God for yorubas like you. May God continue to bless the good people of Yoruba ethnicity, A people of great culture, education and hospitality.
Re: I Respect Igbos by cheruv: 7:06am On Feb 06, 2016
emmysoftyou:
[s]bro, you have spoken the plain truth. Everyone is essential and no one is bigger than the other.I dont know what the op saw and marvelled about the igbos.
The same way he respect them,is the same way i respects the yorubas.[/s]
That period when some peeps want to be politically correct undecided

1 Like

Re: I Respect Igbos by Amberon: 11:27am On Feb 06, 2016
stop this igbos are relevant crap. Every tribe is relevant. are igbos the only traders in Nigeria? and what does their trading add to our GDP? Igbo's are not more essential than the SSners or Yoruba's. If anything, the SS revenue runs Nigeria, and Yoruba's contribute more to our economy than the Igbo's. So how are Igbo's more essential than other people?

y'all need to stop this.
leke12:
if we want economic development we need one another but igbos are essential
Re: I Respect Igbos by Amberon: 11:37am On Feb 06, 2016
Pls stop being ignorant. Trading contributes very little to the GDP of the U.A.E.

U.A.E has huge oil and gas reserves and is an oil exporting country. The U.A.E is the most preferred destination for tourism. These are what their economy survives on, not trading.

Trading has NEVER developed any country. When exports exceed imports, a country will naturally begin to develop. Trading alone cannot develop any country. How much does their trading generate as revenue to the government??
leke12:
The only thing that can develop dis country fast is trading, since we have enuf ports scattered arund dis country. Dubai is case study
Re: I Respect Igbos by MrAnalyst: 12:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Amberon:
... and Yoruba's contribute more to our economy than the Igbos...

Not that Yorubas don't contribute but prove that statement there. it's not just about yapping.
Re: I Respect Igbos by demolinka(m): 2:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
I doubt the veracity of the ibos' claims of having the largest population of non indigenes in Lagos, cos I keep seeing multitude of hausas in their enclaves all around. And na all of them get work (business).
Re: I Respect Igbos by Amberon: 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
prove otherwise
MrAnalyst:

Not that Yorubas don't contribute but prove that statement there. it's not just about yapping.
Re: I Respect Igbos by MrAnalyst: 3:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
Amberon:
prove otherwise

Hahaha. Ignoramus! Let me tell you something. Even if you want to be Anti-Igbo,it's allowed,just try to do it smartly.

I'll not discuss on whether Yorubas contribute more or not,due to the tribalism here. However,you made the claim dumbo. Prove It

Trade contributes little to UAE's GDP? This is dead-on dumb! The upsurge in UAE's GDP especially from 2013 onwards was fuelled massively by trade,tourism etc Go and read and help yourself. Look at you,trade has never developed any nation.

Trading had never developed a nation? Only exporting can? Who is Amberon and what is he/she saying? Just look at China,trading has made them a trade giant and contributed to their rise to superpower status. Before 1978 China was nowhere economically until they reformed and started trading. Don't seperate Importing/Exporting from trade,that's nonsense. So Amberon,stop yapping

1 Like

Re: I Respect Igbos by mandarin: 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
For the sake of younger generations that may see Nairaland as a point of reference, let me make some contributions.

1. The entire buying and trading accounts form about 11% of the GDP. Now, that's a huge number but that include mega malls etc. The act of buying and selling cut across all ethnic groups in Nigeria. Depending on which sector of trading you are talking about, I think every ethnic group has their dominance; vehicle parts, electronics and tyres are Igbo dominated, agric produces are Hausa and Yoruba dominated, boutique and clothing cut across.
The question is, who produce what are sold, those electronics, car parts etc? Over 90% come from offshore markets, that itself destroys local productions. That leads us to who imports most of these things? By available estimates, the Igbo controls 50%+ , who transport them and manage logistics? Overall, Hausa and Yoruba dominate that.
With new government seeking to aid local production who will lose more? The igbo.
2. What about the remaining 89% of the GDP? Who dominate.
When you are considering dominance, it will help to break it down to sector by sector, I think those sectors Igbo can claim to have at least 20% are Movie segment in entertainments sector, pharmaceutical, banking.
3. Looking at the semi skilled and unskilled services like auto mechanics, shoe cobbler, bricklayers etc, you think they don't make money? Who dominate there?
4. I have read on countless threads on how developed south east cities and neighborhoods are ,yes I agree but when you consider other regions, you will see that developments may actually be more. If you fix all eastern cities into say Oyo or Kaduna states, you will be surprised that all the major cities may not be as big as the top three cities of Ibadan, Ogbomoso,Oyo and Kaduna, Zaria, kafanchan respectively.
Also, the population residing in the south east is about four times of Ibadan or about six times that of kaduna city in the latest estimates.
The question is who buy all what Igbo sell? Other groups and of you say all other groups are poor how do they pay their children school fees in those expensive private schools and universities?
Lets stop all the rantings and provide logical data for life is not the way you dream it!
Re: I Respect Igbos by asha80(m): 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
mandarin:
For the sake of younger generations that may see Nairaland as a point of reference, let me make some contributions.

1. The entire buying and trading accounts form about 11% of the GDP. Now, that's a huge number but that include mega malls etc. The act of buying and selling cut across all ethnic groups in Nigeria. Depending on which sector of trading you are talking about, I think every ethnic group has their dominance; vehicle parts, electronics and tyres are Igbo dominated, agric produces are Hausa and Yoruba dominated, boutique and clothing cut across.
The question is, who produce what are sold, those electronics, car parts etc? Over 90% come from offshore markets, that itself destroys local productions. That leads us to who imports most of these things? By available estimates, the Igbo controls 50%+ , who transport them and manage logistics? Overall, Hausa and Yoruba dominate that.
With new government seeking to aid local production who will lose more? The igbo.
2. What about the remaining 89% of the GDP? Who dominate.
When you are considering dominance, it will help to break it down to sector by sector, I think those sectors Igbo can claim to have at least 20% are Movie segment in entertainments sector, pharmaceutical, banking.
3. Looking at the semi skilled and unskilled services like auto mechanics, shoe cobbler, bricklayers etc, you think they don't make money? Who dominate there?
4. I have read on countless threads on how developed south east cities and neighborhoods are ,yes I agree but when you consider other regions, you will see that developments may actually be more. If you fix all eastern cities into say Oyo or Kaduna states, you will be surprised that all the major cities may not be as big as the top three cities of Ibadan, Ogbomoso,Oyo and Kaduna, Zaria, kafanchan respectively.
Also, the population residing in the south east is about four times of Ibadan or about six times that of kaduna city in the latest estimates.
The question is who buy all what Igbo sell? Other groups and of you say all other groups are poor how do they pay their children school fees in those expensive private schools and universities?
Lets stop all the rantings and provide logical data for life is not the way you dream it!
Igbos wil not lose in local production of you know the economy of nnewi,aba and even Onitsha well...the trust on local production by this govt is even a relief to the guys there

1 Like

Re: I Respect Igbos by Amberon: 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
I didn't read your shiit undecided

Read the post above. Mandarin will cure your ignorance.
MrAnalyst:

[s]Hahaha. Ignoramus! Let me tell you something. Even if you want to be Anti-Igbo,it's allowed,just try to do it smartly.

I'll not discuss on whether Yorubas contribute more or not,due to the tribalism here. However,you made the claim dumbo. Prove It

Trade contributes little to UAE's GDP? This is dead-on dumb! The upsurge in UAE's GDP especially from 2013 onwards was fuelled massively by trade,tourism etc Go and read and help yourself. Look at you,trade has never developed any nation.

Trading had never developed a nation? Only exporting can? Who is Amberon and what is he/she saying? Just look at China,trading has made them a trade giant and contributed to their rise to superpower status. Before 1978 China was nowhere economically until they reformed and started trading. Don't seperate Importing/Exporting from trade,that's nonsense. So Amberon,stop yapping [/s]
Re: I Respect Igbos by MrAnalyst: 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
Amberon:
I didn't read your shiit undecided

Read the post above. Mandarin will cure your ignorance.

Why will you read it? To hide something valuable from an ignoramus put it in a book. Run along now...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Gaining Independence And Becoming A Republic? / British Government Calls For Biafra Referendum With Osinbajo PICS / METELE ATTACK: Poor Orientation, Not Lack Of Weapons Was The Major Culprit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.