Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? (31941 Views)

Would You Dress Your Kids Like This? See Reactions (Photo) / What's The Weirdest Thing A Guest Has Done In Your House? / What's The Weirdest Things You Did As A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by SapeleWater(m): 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
I remember when we dey play ball (monkey post) for street and my mama come say make I dey look after my small sister wey dey about 1 year. As e come reach my set to play, naim I use one basket cover my sister come carry one big stone put on top so dat she no go fit escape.

My mama come back begin cry

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by Sammyblaq(m): 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
If you stay with kids and you use gas.
Before you strike that match, please check well b/c I have this boy that likes turning on the gas.
#Adhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by SapeleWater(m): 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
Larablink:
Lol,I can remember when my kid bro was 4,we were going to the market and he was like can I ask you a question.OK go on.and he said "why is your breast growing big every day it wasn't like this before". undecided
And the boy no lie o lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by nnamdiosu(m): 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
9iceX:
She brought out her mom's breast and request i share with her; trying to drag my neck to it.

Cute kid loves daddy and ready to share anything with me!

Lol..if only she knew you already had ur share at night.....wink

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by quivah(f): 12:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
uplawal:
Your first story is epic lie jo.you cannever remember what happened at 4yrs,you had dash memory then.
Well, I dont think so..

I can vividly remember some incidences that happened to me when I was in pry1.. I was close 2 5years then.

The memories are still clear in my head..to mention a few;
1. I have a cousin I was older than with a year, on getting pri one, he was supposed to go to nursery two but instead his mum (being who she wasundecided) decided to promote her son to my class. I wasnt told this incidence, I remember it pretty much,how I cried saying how will my lil cousin be in the same class with me.
2. We were writing an exam pri 1, 2nd term, my cousin sat at my front while some other person sat beside me.. I forgot the spelling of a very simple word ..'let'.. Had to ask my cousin for it..and immediately he mentioned ' l' I remembered..
3. During extra lesson,a neighbor who happened to like me very much, organised a surprise birthday for me.. I clocked 5 den.. She sent my friend to call me from school lying that my mum wanted to travel..I was excused from the lesson.. Got home to meet a surprise.
4. In the same extra lesson, during that time, there was this balloon game, you pick a no and whatever size you get is yours.. I went with a mate(a guy).. I was lucky to pick a big balloon while he picked a very small one.. We got to the class(teacher wasn't around yet).. His balloon got busted, I was flaunting my own... He bullied me ,collected my balloon and gave me a wound with pencil on my left cheek (which is still visible till now).. The next day, my second bro beat the hell out of him
5. holiday coaching, nur 2 - pri 1.. My bro's age mate n class mate and I were alone in the class(every one had gone since we had close, I was waiting for my bro to come n take me home).. This guy will ask me to spell some words,if I got them he will put his hand on my chest.. I remember those exact words till this moment.. Cup,pot,boy, chair.. I couldn't spell pot and he slept me hard..

All these incidences and many more occurred between the age of 4-5 .. And the memories and exact pictures are still very clear..
The one I feel sad about the most was ;
We were preparing for end of the year party, some of us were picked to sing some songs (3 actually, I still remember two).. There was this girl, Shola, a pastor's child.. She has a wonderful voice than the rest of us..,and in fact she gave us two out of the three songs. so she was the lead.. I envied her,no doubt.. We were in class one day and the class teacher asked her a question which she failed..I swear, I didn't know when these words came out of my mouth (you can only sing you don't....) , the teacher heard and asked me to complete my words,I was ashamed to..and she completed it herself.. She however advised me..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by quivah(f): 12:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Lol, I was 5... In extra lesson then, my teacher wanted to gum her opened shoe.. The cobbler asked for n10 as his fee.. The teacher had no change and asked if any of us had n10.. Saying she will return it before we close.
Being a good girl, I gave her.. We were almost through with the lesson, I was sweating waiting for her to gimme my money.. We closed, still she no gimme my money.. I met with a class mate, we had to sit for a meeting, debating how I will ask her for my money.. Since I was shy and scared of asking my self..I will intentionally roam in her presence, do things to draw her attention to me..etc..

Class mate; say its your mum's change
I; abi its my night food money
Blah blah
She didn't give me that money o... And I remember, I dey swear for her for my mind till we finish that lesson for that term and she disappeared.. Chai, I hated her throughout that period..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by iguita: 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
Problem shild grin. Hope the TV worked?
mamaafrik:
I remeber the day my dad dashed home from work to pick up a file only for him to enter the parlour and see his newly bought television set dismantled on the floor my by me,i was like chaiiiiiiiii,i don finally die to day,he just came close looked in an "iwoomoyi sha" manner and ultered "ko sha gbodo ma sise" and went his way...........
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by mamaafrik(m): 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Akaujaa:

and what does "iwoomoyi" and "kosha gbado ma sise" mean because those are the focal points of your message. Learn to communicate effectively in public, this is not a yoruba forum.
oppppss sorry "egbon"(bros),i have done the "ogbufo",sorry the translation.
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by bobkezel(m): 2:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
3pointz:

Lol,how old z girl bro?
Btwn 3&5
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by 3pointz(m): 2:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
bobkezel:

Btwn 3&5
M pretty sure she meant sth else,not literally 'toto' d female honey pot.
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
Brimstone1:
Mine, a boy barely 3, gave me the shock of my life some time last year when he freed himself from my grip to attack a soldier with a gun standing across the road. He kept hitting the soldier with his small fists and even attempted to take his gun.
The soldier, being an understanding man, quietly asked him "But where did you see me shooting people?"
My boy replied, "In the television."
The soldier smiled "That could be my colleague but he's not around now."
I apologized for my boy's attitude but the soldier said it's no problem, he's only a kid. Children can be terrible at times.
Share with us if you have any.
. Uhmmmm your kid broke out of your grip and you still watched him run across the road to attack someone Hope you don't always let him cross roads like that? especially busy ones....

1 Like

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 3:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
rollUP:

Omo u know English when u small ooo.... hmm I smell lies
undecided
he's marketing his services.... no mind am...
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by glossy6(f): 5:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
My boy of 4 that doesn't bedwet got up one afternoon, stood by the bed and pee on the bed. As if that wasn't enough, he poured water on top of the urine. What for? To wash off the urine?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by kushsy: 5:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
illmatic101:

Eyah... sorry for your loss
I appreciate.
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by kushsy: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
skarlett:

I'm sorry to hear about your loss
thank you.
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by glossy6(f): 6:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
pinky1974:
My daughter was abt 6yrs old then and her kid brother was 3n a half, anytime she makes a request, d nxt thing I'll hear from my. Son is ME TOO, I always wondered Y he wants everything his sister wants
Then on dis particular day my daughter came. N said to me Mummy I wnt 2 Poo n d nxt thing I had was me too n I asked what did she say that u wnted lol my boy couldn't say a word I jst burst out laughing grin

My little boy does that too. lol me self
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by bfatoba(m): 6:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
uniqueboi:

Omo we be same people o lol!!!! Ur last story na me and my mum

LOLz.. Childhood was super exciting for me, I was very smart, sharp, troublesome and strong-headed. I could beat any kid my age +1 and below around my neighborhood, but I wasn't a bully either. So, since I was delusional about my own strength, and I hadn't been beaten or fought anyone in weeks.... I was becoming more and more arrogant. I was about 8 at the time, I didn't know what possessed me to challenge this 16 year old Ibo girl who was our neighbor, She beat the day light out of me. and worst is I know I mustn't cry too, because my little brother was there and my uncle, who was a little older than the girl. He didn't step in though. She beat me and when I went into my room, I closed the door and cried for hours. for the next year or so, I couldn't even look her in the face.

I remember whenever I was sent on an errand to buy anything edible, I would negotiate to get one extra.... like I was sent to go buy Akara, and i was given money for like 24, but because I bought 24, the lady gave me like 28. so before getting home, i would eat the 4 on my own. and then when I got home, I would also expect a fare share. Faith however had plans for me I didn't yet know. One faithful night, I was sent Akara, way after dinner, we were just outside, enjoying the fresh air. I went bought it and as usual, I ate 4, but the seller only put exactly 24 this time, when I got home, Mum was dividing it amongst us, and she found out it was just 20, she didn't even bother to ask me where the remaining 4 is, she just said come here and me not even knowing whats going on, she asked, open your mouth and say hahhhhh!, to which she smelled the Akara in my breath... She beat me so bad, then even gave me a letter to carry to school and give my teacher for him to beat me more and then when I got back home, She beat me again and for the next couple of months, no snacks for me. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by Brimstone1: 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
INDUSTRIALFAN:
. Uhmmmm your kid broke out of your grip and you still watched him run across the road to attack someone Hope you don't always let him cross roads like that? especially busy ones....
That's why I said it came as a shock. I wasn't expecting it. Although, I've vowed to be extra careful next timem He had probably watched a war movie or so and had felt bad about killings by men in uniforms, that's why he thought that soldier was responsible. I've warned my wife to stop playing such movies in his presence
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by Brimstone1: 7:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
FTBOY:
i remember asking my dad why my sister didn't have a dick like me

he stopped us from taking bath together from that day
OMG!! grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by bobkezel(m): 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
3pointz:

M pretty sure she meant sth else,not literally 'toto' d female honey pot.

yea, she must have heard it from someone else but didn't know what it meant. She didn't mean it literally.
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
Brimstone1:

That's why I said it came as a shock. I wasn't expecting it. Although, I've vowed to be extra careful next timem He had probably watched a war movie or so and had felt bad about killings by men in uniforms, that's why he thought that soldier was responsible. I've warned my wife to stop playing such movies in his presence
I actually wasn't bothered about his attacking the soldier.... I know what he was driving at. my only concern was him crossing the road like that. Thank God he didn't get hit by a vehicle. Be extra careful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by Adonis3: 1:24am On Feb 07, 2016
OCTAVO:

Had similar experience with my niece that was age 6 about 7 years ago. She told me exactly what I did when no one was at home. She wasn't there neither was anyone at home.

what did u dogrin
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by Adonis3: 2:18am On Feb 07, 2016
quivah:

Well, I dont think so..

I can vividly remember some incidences that happened to me when I was in pry1.. I was close 2 5years then.

The memories are still clear in my head..to mention a few;
1. I have a cousin I was older than with a year, on getting pri one, he was supposed to go to nursery two but instead his mum (being who she wasundecided) decided to promote her son to my class. I wasnt told this incidence, I remember it pretty much,how I cried saying how will my lil cousin be in the same class with me.
2. We were writing an exam pri 1, 2nd term, my cousin sat at my front while some other person sat beside me.. I forgot the spelling of a very simple word ..'let'.. Had to ask my cousin for it..and immediately he mentioned ' l' I remembered..
3. During extra lesson,a neighbor who happened to like me very much, organised a surprise birthday for me.. I clocked 5 den.. She sent my friend to call me from school lying that my mum wanted to travel..I was excused from the lesson.. Got home to meet a surprise.
4. In the same extra lesson, during that time, there was this balloon game, you pick a no and whatever size you get is yours.. I went with a mate(a guy).. I was lucky to pick a big balloon while he picked a very small one.. We got to the class(teacher wasn't around yet).. His balloon got busted, I was flaunting my own... He bullied me ,collected my balloon and gave me a wound with pencil on my left cheek (which is still visible till now).. The next day, my second bro beat the hell out of him
5. holiday coaching, nur 2 - pri 1.. My bro's age mate n class mate and I were alone in the class(every one had gone since we had close, I was waiting for my bro to come n take me home).. This guy will ask me to spell some words,if I got them he will put his hand on my chest.. I remember those exact words till this moment.. Cup,pot,boy, chair.. I couldn't spell pot and he slept me hard..

All these incidences and many more occurred between the age of 4-5 .. And the memories and exact pictures are still very clear..
The one I feel sad about the most was ;
We were preparing for end of the year party, some of us were picked to sing some songs (3 actually, I still remember two).. There was this girl, Shola, a pastor's child.. She has a wonderful voice than the rest of us..,and in fact she gave us two out of the three songs. so she was the lead.. I envied her,no doubt.. We were in class one day and the class teacher asked her a question which she failed..I swear, I didn't know when these words came out of my mouth (you can only sing you don't....) , the teacher heard and asked me to complete my words,I was ashamed to..and she completed it herself.. She however advised me..

explain the emboldened

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by quivah(f): 7:10am On Feb 07, 2016
Adonis3:

explain the emboldened
I was unable to spell pot... And he gave me a terrible slap on the cheek..
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 07, 2016
kushsy:
Mine was so embarrassing..he was 3 n I often change my pads in his presence when am on..one day I had guest n I have just changed n left the pack on d bed only for my kid boy to pick a pad and walked to the sitting room n struggling to fix it under his pants... I miss him..Rip my boy.
oh sorry.
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 07, 2016
The day I ran out of the house screaming mummy wants to kill me, she gave me kerosiene to drink.
They were all just laughing.

Funny how kids act....

1 Like

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 07, 2016
bfatoba:

LOLz.. Childhood was super exciting for me, I was very smart, sharp, troublesome and strong-headed. I could beat any kid my age +1 and below around my neighborhood, but I wasn't a bully either. So, since I was delusional about my own strength, and I hadn't been beaten or fought anyone in weeks.... I was becoming more and more arrogant. I was about 8 at the time, I didn't know what possessed me to challenge this 16 year old Ibo girl who was our neighbor, She beat the day light out of me. and worst is I know I mustn't cry too, because my little brother was there and my uncle, who was a little older than the girl. He didn't step in though. She beat me and when I went into my room, I closed the door and cried for hours. for the next year or so, I couldn't even look her in the face.

I remember whenever I was sent on an errand to buy anything edible, I would negotiate to get one extra.... like I was sent to go buy Akara, and i was given money for like 24, but because I bought 24, the lady gave me like 28. so before getting home, i would eat the 4 on my own. and then when I got home, I would also expect a fare share. Faith however had plans for me I didn't yet know. One faithful night, I was sent Akara, way after dinner, we were just outside, enjoying the fresh air. I went bought it and as usual, I ate 4, but the seller only put exactly 24 this time, when I got home, Mum was dividing it amongst us, and she found out it was just 20, she didn't even bother to ask me where the remaining 4 is, she just said come here and me not even knowing whats going on, she asked, open your mouth and say hahhhhh!, to which she smelled the Akara in my breath... She beat me so bad, then even gave me a letter to carry to school and give my teacher for him to beat me more and then when I got back home, She beat me again and for the next couple of months, no snacks for me. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My childhood too was very very exciting too. I was very stubborn and I loved play so I was nicknamed the king of play. Same fate befell me though in my own case the girl was like 14 or so. I have beaten so many people and I thought I could take on anyone. On that fateful day the girl beat me blue-black nobody came to my rescue and I wudnt cry o. I went and carried stone o my brother na there e finish! Lol. The girl took the stone used it to break my head like 3 times. Nobody told me to run inside o. From then on anytime I saw the girl I wud be looking at her with bad eyes. I went to boarding school and got back. Went to university and all of a sudden we became friends and we laugh over the incident.

Back then anytime I f up, my mum and my younger sister that used to live with us wud jsz wake me up at night with slaps. My mum wud use broom the sister wud be preparing pepper solution for my armpit and joystick. After the broom beating they wud use the pepper on me omo after like 30mins of crying ill go and bath. Kai my guy I was very stubborn o. When I look at me now I keep wondering if its me. Cux I'm so different. Then my calling was jsz to make trouble.

There was this once I and my younger bro were alone at home. He was 4 and I was 6 then. It was jsz mum n us and we used to study the bible often. So we read about humility that morning. So when my mum left for work naw we wanted to practice it so my bro started by saying I shud go and get him water to drink. He reminded me of the humility we learnt about that morning with mum. I went and gave him water. Me now I come look tell am to go bring water too for me. We did it repeatedly till we cudnt walk again o. When we woke up we were swimming in urine. We urinated in the afternoon. Lol

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by warrenweste(m): 11:00am On Feb 07, 2016
bobkezel:

OK, will do just that.

be careful so they wont think u are the one molesting her
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by Resodielle(f): 12:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
way back when i was 7yrs and a tomboy, was playing hide and seek with two of my younger cousins, it got to my turn to hide. I no know which breeze just blow me dat day o. I hid behind boxes at the top of the wardrobe come sleep go. when I woke up, was very scared coz I didn't know where I was...na so I start to cry o my elder bros dem just rush enter come see me for up, bring me down. They said they've been looking for me all over the place.... my cousin insisted I disappeared in the room.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by bobkezel(m): 12:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
warrenweste:

be careful so they wont think u are the one molesting her

You are right man. Cos this could turn against me.
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by Brimstone1: 7:41am On Feb 08, 2016
INDUSTRIALFAN:
I actually wasn't bothered about his attacking the soldier.... I know what he was driving at. my only concern was him crossing the road like that. Thank God he didn't get hit by a vehicle. Be extra careful.
Yes, bro, I will. Thanks
Re: What Are The Weirdest Things You've Seen Your Kids Do? by bfatoba(m): 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2016
uniqueboi:

My childhood too was very very exciting too. I was very stubborn and I loved play so I was nicknamed the king of play. Same fate befell me though in my own case the girl was like 14 or so. I have beaten so many people and I thought I could take on anyone. On that fateful day the girl beat me blue-black nobody came to my rescue and I wudnt cry o. I went and carried stone o my brother na there e finish! Lol. The girl took the stone used it to break my head like 3 times. Nobody told me to run inside o. From then on anytime I saw the girl I wud be looking at her with bad eyes. I went to boarding school and got back. Went to university and all of a sudden we became friends and we laugh over the incident.

Back then anytime I f up, my mum and my younger sister that used to live with us wud jsz wake me up at night with slaps. My mum wud use broom the sister wud be preparing pepper solution for my armpit and joystick. After the broom beating they wud use the pepper on me omo after like 30mins of crying ill go and bath. Kai my guy I was very stubborn o. When I look at me now I keep wondering if its me. Cux I'm so different. Then my calling was jsz to make trouble.

There was this once I and my younger bro were alone at home. He was 4 and I was 6 then. It was jsz mum n us and we used to study the bible often. So we read about humility that morning. So when my mum left for work naw we wanted to practice it so my bro started by saying I shud go and get him water to drink. He reminded me of the humility we learnt about that morning with mum. I went and gave him water. Me now I come look tell am to go bring water too for me. We did it repeatedly till we cudnt walk again o. When we woke up we were swimming in urine. We urinated in the afternoon. Lol

hahahahahahahahahaha, I can relate to your story bro. You better no cry or you won't hear the end of the story. I know friends who i can't even remember their real names because the nicknames they gave them when they did something stupid, stuck forever.

there has to be some psychology to it because its like most of the first borns I know with just another brother are stubborn. It could be that you always want to prove yourself to your little brother. My morals back then was messed up. In my mind Only I was allowed to beat up my little brother, anyone else touches him and I loose it. I've fought in school, and beat like two boys that beat my brother, only to get home and get beatings from the mum because my school uniform tore.. and my little brother was eating his food like a boss while i was crying.

My mum was a super amazing cook, so Good that after eating at home, I would get to school early before everyone and then open my lunch and eat it before my friends got to school because by then there would be too many hands. I think thats why I forgave her for all the beating.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Girl In Abuja Cannot Locate Her Home & Parents(Pics) / Should I Get My Brother's Wife Arrested, After His Demise? / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 8 Years Of Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.