Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,101 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships (3970 Views)

Teenagers Having Sex In A Cemetery In Kaduna Caught And Arraigned / Love, Sex And Relationships / Lets Talk About Some Interesting Facts About Love And Relationships. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by Ray360: 8:54am On Feb 06, 2016
skarlett:

Big aunty, mind ur fvcking business
You are very silly for attacking the OP in such misdemeanour, This is how juveniles behave when they start having boyfriends, the "big girl" mentality erodes civility and sense of respect!

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 06, 2016
Egbon if its respect that you want, come and take it

Ray360:

You are very silly for attacking the OP in such misdemeanour, This is how juveniles behave when they start having boyfriends, the "big girl" mentality erodes civility and sense of respect!

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by RexKexMilann: 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ray360:
Good topic! I am gobsmacked at the echelon of moral decay in this present age. Those bashing the OP are very inane ! A teenager is not ripe for any serious relationship. A kid at that age should be fully into her books and how to achieve set academic goals! what's a sixteen-year old infant doing with a boyfriend? Is her heart strong enough to contain the rigmaroles that come with such commitment? [s]when I was 18, I had no phone, let alone a girlfriend. I was brazened with electrifying zest to make excellent grades in my SSCE. I had a very moral and sound upbringing which made my parents frown at such lifestyle at that age i was.[/s]
Civilization is not a leverage to champion ills that that do not bode well for the future of the budding teenage folk. There is time for everything!
Irrelevant sh*t!

What right do you have to call another person's opinion "inane"?

& why are you using concentrated grammars like this was an essay competition? Who are you trying to please? A**hole!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
What's the difference between You And a 16-Yr Old?undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by pbs4real(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
cutieberie1:

Hehehe
yh,i waited till i was 20 before going into any r'lntnship. . . I was matured bth in mind and age.
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by Ray360: 3:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
RexKexMilann:
Irrelevant sh*t!

What right do you have to call another person's opinion "inane"?

& why are you using concentrated grammars like this was an essay competition? Who are you trying to please? A**hole!
Mr man, Who are you? People are free to express their various opinion as long as it remains in tandem with the subject of discourse and not bashing the OP like a certain uncultured infant has done on this thread.

As for my elocution, This is how I post. what you call " grammars" is actually the pillar of all verbal prints. I don't know you, let alone seek to impress anyone with my idiolect. Keep off!
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by joseph1832(m): 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
RexKexMilann:
OP, the fact that you created this thread makes you not only a kid But it also makes you seem stupiid & senseless & Silly, amongst other things.
Why do you say so? Obviously she's just expressing her opinion, and its something I know everyone here is free to do, devoid of how shallow or narrow minded it sounds. LOL.
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by joseph1832(m): 6:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
sinaj:
16/17 is a blown teen nd shud be able to handle a healthy relationship

It's not about the age buh maturity!
And what maturity could you possible see in a 16/17 year old?
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by teechudleyy(f): 6:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
In the old days, in all the histories I have heard and read... And most likely our great grandmothers started having babies at 16, 17, 18. There were less divorce cases then.
If we put aside moral depravity and the need to experience, young love is the purest love. Its not about what you stand to gain, its not even about sex... Its not about being ripe for marriage or if ages wife material. It is not presumptuous or bothered about frustrating things like house rent or riae in fuel price. Contrary to common belief, a teenager is well aware of love and even more capable of responding properly because of the abundance of hormones. The only problem is that the maturity to handle certain sensitive issues is not there.
Honestly speaking... If we all could love like teenagers and if teenagers could reason with more maturity, the world would be a better place.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by firstking01(m): 6:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
Op, have you heard of revolutionaL shift before undecided
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by joseph1832(m): 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
teechudleyy:
In the old days, in all the histories I have heard and read... And most likely our great grandmothers started having babies at 16, 17, 18. There were less divorce cases then.
If we put aside moral depravity and the need to experience, young love is the purest love. Its not about what you stand to gain, its not even about sex... Its not about being ripe for marriage or if ages wife material. It is not presumptuous or bothered about frustrating things like house rent or riae in fuel price. Contrary to common belief, a teenager is well aware of love and even more capable of responding properly because of the abundance of hormones. The only problem is that the maturity to handle certain sensitive issues is not there.
Honestly speaking... If we all could love like teenagers and if teenagers could reason with more maturity, the world would be a better place.
Hmm, but we don't leave in the medieval era any more. This is the modern era. These teenagers you speak of aren't even aware what true love really entails. All they see are the glits and glamor, particularly the material things...

Like I once said I my diary, true love is selfless and not selfish. I was once asked how can one demonstrate true love, I simply said anybody willing to take a bullet for someone is a clear example of what true love entails. It doesn't jump mean love directed to someone, but to life, to cherish and love it in its entirety.
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by sinequanon: 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
teechudleyy:

In the old days, things were more hush hush and there was more shame associated with divorce, etc. It is a pretence to say that our great grandparents were more moral. They just covered things up more.

As for maturity, it is gained with experience, experience of dating. It doesn't matter if you start at sixteen or twenty-five, you will lack maturity in relationships. That knowledge of the opposite sex has to be learned.

A twenty-five-year-old may have a better context in which to frame a relationship, but they are starting LATE.
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by joseph1832(m): 6:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Estharfabian:
What's the difference between You And a 16-Yr Old?undecided

A whole lot!!!. tongue
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by teechudleyy(f): 6:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
sinequanon:

In the old days, things were more hush hush and there was more shame associated with divorce, etc. It is a pretence to say that our great grandparents were more moral. They just covered things up more.

As for maturity, it is gained with experience, experience of dating. It doesn't matter if you start at sixteen or twenty-five, you will lack maturity in relationships. That knowledge of the opposite sex has to be learned.

A twenty-five-year-old may have a better context in which to frame a relationship, but they are starting LATE.
You are right. Our grandparents were super hush hush. And pretended asif they didn't memorize all d songs of Solomon.
You are also right divorce then was unheard of therefore... Many people lived unequally yoked in misery.

But as per relationship maturity? In my own opinion... You don't learn maturity in relationships by dating many people. A lady who's dated 50men is considered a slut and not a well learned mate. We are all different from one another. Therefore... Each relationship presents a new learning process. And whatever you have learnt from one rel cannot be used to handle the next. It could even result to problems.

All this said, I believe maturity is not the number of birthdays you have celebrated but the number of problems been able to overcome.

Once again... There is no such this as relationship maturity. In terms of dealing with the opposite sex, What we have is human relations... And that can easily be learnt as we grow in life.
Once again... I'm in full support of young love... If there's no moral depravity involved.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by teechudleyy(f): 6:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
joseph1832:
Hmm, but we don't leave in the medieval era any more. This is the modern era. These teenagers you speak of aren't even aware what true love really entails. All they see are the glits and glamor, particularly the material things...

Like I once said I my diary, true love is selfless and not selfish. I was once asked how can one demonstrate true love, I simply said anybody willing to take a bullet for someone is a clear example of what true love entails. It doesn't jump mean love directed to someone, but to life, to cherish and love it in its entirety.
you under estimate young love. Teenagers know what love is. If you leave them be... They will make it work. But all these shameless older people spoil them rotten. That is the problem. Do you know how many years I avoided passing a particular street because of one 26 year old guy? I was only 16.
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by teechudleyy(f): 6:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
sinequanon:

love has no timing. Its not a race. If its love we are talking about...
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by Booyakasha(f): 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ray360:
Good topic! I am gobsmacked at the echelon of moral decay in this present age. Those bashing the OP are very inane ! A teenager is not ripe for any serious relationship. A kid at that age should be fully into her books and how to achieve set academic goals! what's a sixteen-year old infant doing with a boyfriend? Is her heart strong enough to contain the rigmaroles that come with such commitment? when I was 18, I had no phone, let alone a girlfriend. I was brazened with electrifying zest to make excellent grades in my SSCE. I had a very moral and sound upbringing which made my parents frown at such lifestyle at that age i was.
Civilization is not a leverage to champion ills that that do not bode well for the future of the budding teenage folk. There is time for everything!

Warped thinking.... grin
You must be doing well now using your phone to access the Internet... backward human being..!
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by joseph1832(m): 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
teechudleyy:
you under estimate young love. Teenagers know what love is. If you leave them be... They will make it work. But all these shameless older people spoil them rotten. That is the problem. Do you know how many years I avoided passing a particular street because of one 26 year old guy? I was only 16.
Young love? I call it puppy love. LOL. Please do remember that the concept of love doesn't only involve dealing in relationships.

Its something very deep that even the human intellect can't comprehend. Am curious to know how old you are now?
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by teechudleyy(f): 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ray360:
Good topic! I am gobsmacked at the echelon of moral decay in this present age. Those bashing the OP are very inane ! A teenager is not ripe for any serious relationship. A kid at that age should be fully into her books and how to achieve set academic goals! what's a sixteen-year old infant doing with a boyfriend? Is her heart strong enough to contain the rigmaroles that come with such commitment? when I was 18, I had no phone, let alone a girlfriend. I was brazened with electrifying zest to make excellent grades in my SSCE. I had a very moral and sound upbringing which made my parents frown at such lifestyle at that age i was.
if you choose to reply me, please talk as if we were just on the street chatting over a lump of boli and a handful of groundnuts... No gobsmackking pls.
Pls have you ever been a teenager? Troubled by raging hormones you don't really understand, feeling like you know everything in the world and you can handle anything. Not because you lacked moral upbringing nor parental guidance but because you are simply young. Teenagers don't need criticism... But an open mind to set them straight while seeing things in der point of view.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by teechudleyy(f): 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
joseph1832:
Young love? I call it puppy love. LOL. Please do remember that the concept of love doesn't only involve dealing in relationships.

Its something very deep that even the human intellect can't comprehend. Am curious to know how old you are now?
Love is as simple as it is complex. And in as much as we think we know it all... We know nothing about love.
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by joseph1832(m): 7:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
teechudleyy:

Love is as simple as it is complex. And in as much as we think we know it all... We know nothing about love.
I've never ever bothered to understand love. Fine, its simple and complex like you said, I guess that's why it is unique.
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by sinequanon: 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
teechudleyy:
love has no timing. Its not a race. If its love we are talking about...

We are talking about relationships, and, if nothing else, there is a biological clock.

teechudleyy:

You are right. Our grandparents were super hush hush. And pretended asif they didn't memorize all d songs of Solomon.
You are also right divorce then was unheard of therefore... Many people lived unequally yoked in misery.
But as per relationship maturity? In my own opinion... You don't learn maturity in relationships by dating many people. A lady who's dated 50men is considered a slut and not a well learned mate. We are all different from one another. Therefore... Each relationship presents a new learning process. And whatever you have learnt from one rel cannot be used to handle the next. It could even result to problems.
All this said, I believe maturity is not the number of birthdays you have celebrated but the number of problems been able to overcome.
Once again... There is no such this as relationship maturity. In terms of dealing with the opposite sex, What we have is human relations... And that can easily be learnt as we grow in life.
Once again... I'm in full support of young love... If there's no moral depravity involved.

I think that experience is gained by dating an appropriate number of people. We do not automatically know with whom we may be compatible. We date. We find out about our partners and, more importantly, ourselves. And we mature if we learn from our mistakes and do not repeat them.

Some people (usually men) who are relatively mature in years even date teenagers because they didn't go through the process at the appropriate age.

I actually disagree that we can reduce sexual/romantic relationships simply to human relationships. Forgive the pun, but learning about the opposite sex requires hands-on experience. It is when people lose the purpose behind it, and turn it into a recreation, that the problems abound.

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by teechudleyy(f): 7:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
Okay... Now that there's a separation... You are telling me this isn't about love but about relationships... I want to know why teenagers get into relationships. And since u talk about biological clock... I guess ur talking about marriage therefore... Teenagers get into relationships to get enough training that will make them well prepared for marriage... Nice. So do you believe in using past experiences to deal with people we meet? Or in meeting people and getting to know them and then learning to deal with them in their own way regardless of past experiences...
I'm asking this because I don't know how many teenage relationships end in marriage... Because the risks of that biological clock you mentioned is only mitigated by marriage right?

I am completely in support of what u said about turning it into a recreation. That's where I have a problem.

Older men dating teenagers because they want the experience? Really? How can you live through someone else? Can an older lady date a teenage boy because she wasn't opportuned to do such?

After all that's said though. I still say... Young people should date for all the right reasons. In my opinion... Love is the only reason to honestly keep a relationship.

sinequanon:

We are talking about relationships, and, if nothing else, there is a biological clock.

I think that experience is gained by dating an appropriate number of people. We do not automatically know with whom we may be compatible. We date. We find out about our partners and, more importantly, ourselves. And we mature if we learn from our mistakes and do not repeat them.

Some people (usually men) who are relatively mature in years even date teenagers because they didn't go through the process at the appropriate age.

I actually disagree that we can reduce sexual/romantic relationships simply to human relationships. Forgive the pun, but learning about the opposite sex requires hands-on experience. It is when people lose the purpose behind it, and turn it into a recreation, that the problems abound.
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
joseph1832:
A whole lot!!!. tongue
LoL! gist me!grin

I'm literally dying to know!grin
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by joseph1832(m): 7:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
Estharfabian:
LoL! gist me!grin

I'm literally dying to know!grin
I'm afraid its gonna cost you. And since you replied me with a smiley, I take it you like me. tongue So, wanna hear what it'll cost you? grin
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by sinequanon: 8:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
teechudleyy:
Okay... Now that there's a separation... You are telling me this isn't about love but about relationships... I want to know why teenagers get into relationships. And since u talk about biological clock... I guess ur talking about marriage therefore... Teenagers get into relationships to get enough training that will make them well prepared for marriage... Nice. So do you believe in using past experiences to deal with people we meet? Or in meeting people and getting to know them and then learning to deal with them in their own way regardless of past experiences...
I'm asking this because I don't know how many teenage relationships end in marriage... Because the risks of that biological clock you mentioned is only mitigated by marriage right?

By time a couple want to have children and a family of their own, it is best that they have enough experience in relationship, and they are not relying on guesswork. That is the biological clock ticking.

Yes, I believe in learning from past experience, part of which is that people are different, including the fact that men and women are different. I am a man. A woman is unlikely to want to have to school me on how to touch a woman, or what a woman finds romantic. I am a man. If a woman kisses me on the neck, I will find it a bit irritating. For most women, the neck is an erogenous zone. I am not born with that information. I learn by experience, not just the fact, but the practice (and, when I find out how she reacts, I keep doing it.. wink ). Some women may NOT enjoy their neck being kissed. It is easier to refrain from doing something, than to learn to do something that you do not know effectively. I am a man. You touch me on the hairline, it is useless. For most women, the hairline is an erogenous zone... etc. etc. A woman doesn't want to have to tell you, touch me here... a bit lighter...down a bit...blah blah blah.

And that is just the physical aspect. There are general emotional and psychological differences between men and women. They may not apply to all women 100 per cent of the time, but, as men, our experience counts... romantic ideas...how a present is interpreted...and a host of other things.

Most difficult of all may be how to live together, but, even there, experience makes you more aware and proactive.

teechudleyy:
I am completely in support of what u said about turning it into a recreation. That's where I have a problem.

Ironically, it is so much more rewarding when it is not a recreation.

teechudleyy:
Older men dating teenagers because they want the experience? Really? How can you live through someone else? Can an older lady date a teenage boy because she wasn't opportuned to do such?

Well, we are talking about a psychosociological condition, rather than simple logic. I guess older ladies may be the same, except that biology may predispose them more to partners who are more mature than teenagers, even when they are themselves teenagers.

teechudleyy:
After all that's said though. I still say... Young people should date for all the right reasons. In my opinion... Love is the only reason to honestly keep a relationship.

Myself, I do not see love as the motive or reason for relationship. Love transcends relationship, but can (and should, imo) walk alongside it.

My definition of love is basically, "a feeling of good will outward or towards someone or something."

Above and beyond that is shades of adulteration of love.
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by Ray360: 8:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
Booyakasha:

Warped thinking.... grin
You must be doing well now using your phone to access the Internet... backward human being..!
Lol, You left the core of my post for the not-too important part. It was a disciplined lifestyle that worked for me and fetched me desired results. Call it warped, naive or whatever. your headache!
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
joseph1832:
I'm afraid its gonna cost you. And since you replied me with a smiley, I take it you like me. tongue So, wanna hear what it'll cost you? grin
LoL!grin

get over yourself Mister!tongue I like everyone!cool

Uh...Of course! what'd it cost me! Name your price!cheesy

Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by Ray360: 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
teechudleyy:
if you choose to reply me, please talk as if we were just on the street chatting over a lump of boli and a handful of groundnuts... No gobsmackking pls.
Pls have you ever been a teenager? Troubled by raging hormones you don't really understand, feeling like you know everything in the world and you can handle anything. Not because you lacked moral upbringing nor parental guidance but because you are simply young. Teenagers don't need criticism... But an open mind to set them straight while seeing things in der point of view.
[b]Your points do not conform with the present societal standard on morality, sexuality and the canons of ideal behaviour which has dwindled to abysmal lows in the last decade. This present age we find ourselves is spoilt with so many ills that do not bode well for the younger generation and might expose them to harsh emotional traumas if their activities are not checkmated. Do you know the alarming rate at which teenage pregnancy, child abortion, HIV/AIDS, and other societal pandemics has risen? over 16million teenage girls give both every year globally, here in Nigeria, This and many more have risen so high in the last five years.
That aside, No one is criticizing
teenagehood, Everyone has passed through that stage in life. these crop of bright-minded people can enact great feats with their talents if well harnessed towards productive ventures. My point is, @15, 16, What does a teen set out to learn in an intimate relationship? is he or she disposed enough to manage a delicate bond like that? isn't it a big distraction to his lofty goals and dreams? If most adults who have been weaned from infancy still encounter gargantuan problems in their relationships as evidenced by divorce cases and breakup, how much more, a Juvenile teen who is yet to attain the peak of Adulthood. Please, There is time for everything.[/b]
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by PunterTim(m): 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
Estharfabian:
LoL!grin

get over yourself Mister!tongue I like everyone!cool
Uh...Of course! what'd it cost me! Name your price!cheesy

A picture of your bum would be enough!
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
PunterTim:
A picture of your bum would be enough!
lipsrsealedsad
Re: What Is It With Teenagers And Relationships by PunterTim(m): 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
Estharfabian:
lipsrsealedsad
What?You don't have a bum.grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Guys Think With Their Joysticks! See Pics! / Top 3 In A Man's Body / What Would You Want To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.