Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,404 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

What Makes A Good Wife? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Makes A Good Wife? (8417 Views)

The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by titsqueez(m): 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2009
what makes a good wife

ans: A ruthless husband
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sweetpie23: 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2009
sexyLeamon:

guys is that really true? shocked shocked
100% true if you are no more a virgin sorry you should have kept your legs close. every man want a fresh thing
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by soulamanne(m): 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2009
check our mothers.they are what a good wife should be cos our fathers are so wicked yet these women are still with them!
unfortunately,today s women dont ve a quarter of these qualities
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Ejadamen(f): 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2009
sweetpie23:

100% true if you are no more a virgin sorry you should have kept your legs close. every man want a fresh thing
Liar angry Every man?
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sweetpie23: 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2009
maybe th stupid ones would
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Dabbs: 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2009
be a virgin . It matters much.

What Men nowadays want from women cannot precisely be mentioned because some men don't even understand what pay them at a marital home. Reason why they firstly fail, learn sort of lessons before eventually get to their destiny.

But whatever, to have rest of mind, let your dignity (virginity) be in place. Many men may say they don't care about it, they use this slang to deviate some new girls over there who are easily and emotionally vulnerable to evil practices. These men say opposite to what is in their mind. Most men overlook it when they no get am, but when they get am, they will be proud of it and feel special with the wife. Although some girls possess this dignity and they are not still dignified, men feel you real when you are dignified with it. It matters much to make your husband special to you among any other men. It creates  responsbility for you on your husband and which tacitly claims a right for you as a reward for devoting yourself to him alone.

Also, try to be fairly (or very) attractive, so that your husband will be almost torched whenever he sees you at home or anywhere.

Try to be honest and devote yourself solely for your husband especially if  U R very attractive and good-looking.

Respect your husband when and where necessary, Or always respect him and show love when and where necessary.

Always be at alert.

Know all what supposed to be known by women - cooking, dressing, neatness, etc.

Read and understand your man - in many things: Eating, dressing, fun, intelligence etc. Remove what is bad that U don't like in men (in him) and create what is good that you would like to see in men (in him).

Always try to be cool but say all your mind when U R alone with him, and trust him.

If you are able to do all these on your part as a woman, then pray to God to give you your match, a right man, not a demon, or a devil. You can't do without prayer to have a real man who is a cherisher of what real man cherishes as listed above.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sweetpie23: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2009
Dabbs:

What Men nowadays want from women cannot precisely be mentioned because some men don't even understand what pay them at a marital home. Reason why they firstly fail, learn sort of lessons before eventually get to their destiny.

But whatever, to have rest of mind, let your dignity (virginity) be in place. Many men may say they don't care about it, they use this slang to deviate some new girls over there who are easily and emotionally vulnerable to evil practices. These men say opposite to what is in their mind. Most men overlook it when they no get am, but when they get am, they will be proud of it and feel special with the wife. Although some girls possess this dignity and they are not still dignified, men feel you real when you are dignified with it. It matters much to make your husband special to you among any other men. It creates responsbility for you on your husband and which tacitly claims a right for you as a reward for devoting yourself to him alone.

good someone sensible
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Kayus99(m): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2009
What makes a my good wife? Some one who is reliable.
am sure you would think honesty should come first but consider someone who causes a crisis just because she made a "honest" mistake. Every other quality a man seeks in a good wife stems from her being reliable, what you have day 1 will be what you will always have at your death bed or hers whichever comes first. For example, trustworty ,respectful, compatible,intelligent, emotionally ready, fun, driven, with goals etc etc can be present in the begining but you need it to be sustained forever.
So guys a note of caution always seek someone who is dependable.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by mrsb(f): 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2009
My Brown JAY?!?!?! shocked Oh my gosh. The list is endless. Is there any hope?!

Lol. Do tell - have you found someone with all these qualities? Can such a person really exist?!?!

For me, I think the ride or die mentality should be higher up in the list, especially in Nigeria.

- someone honest
- someone trustworty
- someone respectful (of us but also others)
- someone compatible (physically, mentally and sexually)
- someone intelligent
- someone emotionally ready
- someone fun
- someone driven, with goals
- someone who can communicate with you and understands you
- someone who doesnt nag all day
- someone not afraid to be herself
- someone who knows how to step away from an argument with a smile
- someone strong minded
- someone beautiful and sexy
- someone that can ride and die with you
- someone not afraid to show affection in public
- someone who wont give up trying to seduce me the day that ring is on her finger
- someone who is ready to go on dates for the rest of our lives(even after 15yrs)
- someone who can say whats on their mind (them daily "i love you" are perfect)
- someone who can listen when its needed without making it a confrontation
- someone who understands that being sexy is part of life and that if your man aint sexually attracted to you then the marriage will suffer
- someone who keep fit and who will work hard to loose the extra baby fat

and when all these points are met, she has to be a freak in the sheets whenever required.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by quadrey(m): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2009
i want a lady in the street and a freak in the bed!!!
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by pek(m): 2:33pm On Jul 06, 2009
a wife that knows the meaning of the word husband. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by mrsb(f): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2009
quadrey:

i want a lady in the street and a freak in the bed!!!

Lol. As Jerry Hall famously said - "“Maid in the living room, cook in the kitchen, LovePeddler in the bedroom” lipsrsealed
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by switch47(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2009
compartibility!!
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Emperoh(m): 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2009
Be very comfortable with who you wish to live with. . . . . . qualities may one day fade away and u will live your life full of regrets!!
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by henryhemon(m): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2009
Those Qualities mentioned by MMr.Brownjay are great but for me ,its all about the fear of God,when a woman has that she has everything.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Consultant(f): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2009

I hope the man plans to be a virgin too.

Those Qualities mentioned by MMr.Brownjay are great but for me ,its all about the fear of God,when a woman has that she has everything.

I 100% second this. If both the husband and wife have the fear of God, I believe they can work through any challenges in their marriage.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sweetpie23: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2009
Consultant:

how would you know if a man is a virgin
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Consultant(f): 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2009
deleted
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sweetpie23: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2009
Consultant:

The same way he would know if I was a virgin (because I would not sleep with a man before marriage) - I will ask him.
oh please get real you and I know very well that women bleed when they are virgin and they are tight.
now tell me a sign that a guy is a virgin
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Ejadamen(f): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2009
sweetpie23:

maybe th stupid ones would
So a guy who doesn't marry a virgin or mind marring a non-virgin is stupid. Don't make me laugh. Speak for yourself.

Consultant:

I 100% second this. If both the husband and wife have the fear of God, I believe they can work through any challenges in their marriage.
Thank you o!

sweetpie23:

oh please get real you and I know very well that women bleed when they are virgin and they are tight.
now tell me a sign that a guy is a virgin
Ye! Laugh wan kill me die. So after you disvirgin the lady,how long will she remain tight for? And do you know that some women who were disvirgined 10 yrs ago can still be tight? Before you cuss or talk think about it. Some women have lovely muscles down there that can bounce back while others don't. wink grin
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sweetpie23: 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2009
This is why so many men have little to no respect for women. There are to many woman out there that give themselves to easily to often. no husband wants to hold a conversation or shake hands with the man who his wife have sex with when she was just the other mans girlfriend or even worse, his play thing. Do you really wanna kiss a woman whose had someone elses penis in her mouth and make her your wife ?
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Felicita(f): 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2009
The heart of her husband safety trusts her, so he will have no lack of gain

she does him good not evil all the days of her life,

she is not afraid of snow for her household,

she grids herself with strength, and strengthens her arm,

she extend her her hand to the poor, yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy,

she opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her her tongue is the law of kidness.

her husband is known in the gates, when he sits amoung the elgers of the land.

All this shall a good wife posses.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Consultant(f): 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2009
This is why so many men have little to no respect for women. There are to many woman out there that give themselves to easily to often. no husband wants to hold a conversation or shake hands with the man who his wife have sex with when she was just the other mans girlfriend or even worse, his play thing. Do you really wanna kiss a woman whose had someone elses penis in her mouth and make her your wife ?

Sweetpie, you still need to explain to me why this does not apply to a man.

And there are other reasons why some women are not virgins, including rape and child abuse. I think the more important factor is what kind of person the woman is, rather than where she has been (same for a man). DOes she fear God? Is she honest and sincere? Does she have the qualities that you believe will make for a good wife and mother (which, by the way is very subjective)?
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by savanaha: 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2009
Consultant:

Thank you. I was going to say the same thing.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sweetpie23: 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2009
Consultant:

Yeah but doesn't character mean that a woman keeps her virginity for marriage other than screwing around?
how do you feel on your honeymoon when there is no blood,I mean you would feel cheated right? if the men here are satisfied and comfortable with the knowledge of being with a woman who has previously slept with man yother guys that's you deceiving yourself.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by lekanjohn(m): 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2009
A gud wife to me is the woman who caught me on top of her sister and still forgive me !
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sweetpie23: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2009
that is a stupid wife not a good one
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2009
it takes the grace of God to be a good wife
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by savanaha: 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2009
sweetpie23:

Yeah but doesn't character mean that a woman keeps her virginity for marriage other than screwing around?
how do you feel on your honeymoon when there is no blood,I mean you would feel cheated right? if the men here are satisfied and comfortable with the knowledge of being with a woman who has previously slept with man yother guys that's you deceiving yourself.

Keep going around worshipping hymen. How is the woman supposed to feel when she finds out her husband screwed other women?
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Fhemmmy: 5:30pm On Jul 06, 2009
The opposite of all that made a bad wife tongue
Lemme be serious now, i think a good wife should be
1. Supportive.
2. Encouraging.
3. Corrective.
4. Prudent and never arrogant.
5. Accomodating and tolerating.
6. Home maker
7. Above all, Loves God and some moreeeeeeeeeeee
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by ayobase(m): 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2009
Mrbrown said it all.

1st. She must be God fearing.
2nd. She must be good looking and presentable.
3rd. She must be very understanding.
4th. She must be educated and intelligent.

Lets leave all these qualities aside and
pray to God for a good house wife.

We, espacially men are always taking the
ball into their courts about a which and not to
be married!!!

Women?
Until they advance to the matrimonial home,
they could be so deceitful.

Lets pray for God`s guidance!!!

An unsuccessful marriage is like living in
HELL on Earth!
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by kweenchi(f): 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2009
How? Huh Huh i am yet to meet a guy who wants to marry a virgin. i think that is old school. Most guys actually prefer a lady to know what she's doing. Easier to learn new skills from there instead of teaching from scratch.

Bullshit!!!

I bet your'e verry skilfull and easy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need Words Of Wisdom From Mature Nairalanders / Kids' Educational Tablet Computer With Sim Card. Rivers State, Port Harcourt. / 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.