Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

What Makes A Good Wife? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Makes A Good Wife? (8416 Views)

The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / Top 10 Qualities A Good Wife Must Have / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Ejadamen(f): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2009
kweenchi:

Bullshit!!!

I bet your'e verry skilfull and easy!
Was that supposed to a compliment or an insult? Try again. Meanwhile no need for all this talk. Sweetpie posted stuff and i objected and because of my comment I am easy? A woman might not be a virgin before marriage and that does not mean she is/was easy. BTW,i am happily married grin grin cool

Fhemmmy:

The opposite of all that made a bad wife  tongue
Lemme be serious now, i think a good wife should be
1. Supportive.
2. Encouraging.
3. Corrective.
4. Prudent and never arrogant.
5. Accomodating and tolerating.
6. Home maker
7. Above all, Loves God and some moreeeeeeeeeeee
I agree wholeheartedly.

sweetpie23:

This is why so many men have little to no respect for women. There are to many woman out there that give themselves to easily to often. no husband wants to hold a conversation or shake hands with the man who his wife have sex with when she was just the other mans girlfriend or even worse, his play thing. Do you really wanna kiss a woman whose had someone elses penis in her mouth and make her your wife ?

This makes me wonder if all virgins never gave a Mouth Gig before getting marriedundecided

savanaha:

Keep going around worshipping hymen. How is the woman supposed to feel when she finds out her husband screwed other women?
grin grin grin grin grin grin IMO,it doesn't matter as long as husband and wife remain faithful to each other while married to each other.

Sorry for derailing the thread. Ride on. wink cheesy
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Fhemmmy: 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2009
rockhaven:

1. A DEEP RESPECT FOR THE THING S OF GOD.
2.A DEEP RESPECT FOR HER POSITION AS A WIFE MAKING HER VOLUNTARILY DO AWAY WITH ANTI WIFE ACTS AND OMISSIONS.
3.A MEEK TEACHABLE SPIRIT.
4.A COMMITMENT TO THE VISION OF HER HUSBAND.
5.A WILLINGNESS TO FLOW WITH THE DIRECTION HER HUSBAND IS GOING AND TO PRAY OFF THE DIRECTION IF SHE IS CONVINCED IT WILL LEADS TO DESTRUCTION WITHOUT ARGUMENT.
6.A WILLINGNESS TO ACOMODATE THE HUSBAND FOIBLES AND TO COVER HIS WEAKNESS.
7.A COMMITMENT TO COMING TO BED SPICY ,CLEAN AND SEDUCTIVE NO MATTER WHAT.
8.DISCRETION TO KNOW WHAT THE SEASON IS FOR.PLAY,WORK.PRAY.SEX.TALK.SILENCE.INDOOR.OUTSIDE.
9.WILLINGNESS TO BE VULNERABLE WITH HER HUSBAND,TO BE A FOOL DELIBERATELY.
10.A ROLE MODEL TO KIDS AND WIFE AROUND.
11.CHASTE CONVERSATION AND PREOCCUPATION WITH ACTIONS THAT FREE THE HUSBAND FROM DISTRACTION SO THAT HE CAN FOCUS ON HIS GOD GIVEN VISION.

IF U FIT ,GIV ME A CALL 08033043242

The man is adverticing already. tongue
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by davidif: 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2009
Proverbs 31:10-31 (King James Version)

10Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

22She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

25Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

26She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

27She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

30Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

31Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

http://www.biblegateway.com/
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Fhemmmy: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2009
Merci
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by divinegood(m): 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2009
good food
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
first of all let me just say that any woman who brings the bible into this matters is a bloody fool because the bible doesnt see women as equal to men, rather inferior in ranking so unless you want to be a slave, put the bible wording aside when choosing a good man.

mrsb:

My Brown JAY?!?!?! shocked Oh my gosh. The list is endless. Is there any hope?!
Lol. Do tell - have you found someone with all these qualities? Can such a person really exist?!?!
For me, I think the ride or die mentality should be higher up in the list, especially in Nigeria.

the point i was making is that this is what is the aim, this person might probably never be found but it doesnt mean that i should lower my "standards" in what i am seeking.
fortunately, marriage to me is not a priority in life so as long as i am happy and satisfied with the people i am with now (unmarried) then all is well.
in my book, as a perfectionist, everything has to be right before doing such an important life changing decision such as getting married. i know myself and that is the only woman that will get my "i do".

henryhemon:

Those Qualities mentioned by MMr.Brownjay are great but for me ,its all about the fear of God,when a woman has that she has everything.

are you saying that most people divorcing or having problems in their marriage is down to lack of godfearing?
in the matters of heart, god has very little , if not, no place. the problem is that a person in love would loose their mind and therefore forget about all her teachings of right and wrong. a smart man on the other hand could use the bible to make his wife a slave in their home.
no gracias, my woman is high up there, side by side with me, not under me.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by MUZBO(m): 7:23am On Jul 07, 2009
Someone that doesn't nag and acts mature all the time even if her husband is immature. But. . . I've never been married so what do I know!
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Nezan(m): 10:03am On Jul 07, 2009
Men are mostly insincere with they wives, no matter how good a woman is, her hubby is more probable to cheat cool
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by mayrho(m): 10:49am On Jul 07, 2009
Presentable amiable motherly potential a good Friend
my 2 kobo
Peace
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sikay2k: 11:06am On Jul 07, 2009
what makes a good husband?
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by lekwas: 11:18am On Jul 07, 2009
Na wa for all of una wey dey emphasise on virginity. Can you recall how many times you have made an innocent girl loose her virginity by telling her it is old fashioned and that a man needs a woman who knows what it means to satisfy a man? We just come on this forum and try to sound idealistic. Its just unfortunate how unrealistic we could be sometimes. What about making the woman feel like she is being too 'strong willed', in control and probably too articulate simply because she insists on 'no sex' before marriage? Well my own on this is follow your mind, what is good today may become bad tomorow. Just pray you find a stable woman who will not change like shifting shadows. If you find her time will tell if she makes a good wife or not. All the best to all you who are still searching.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by eezzy(f): 11:19am On Jul 07, 2009
What makes a good spouse is what you do with one another:  maintain love, faithfulness and respect for each other
and that marriage is set for life.

What makes a good wife - Love her to bits and show it openly and she'll be as good a wife as you wish her to be
What makes a good husband - be yourself, live your life to the full (and I don't mean be unfaithful), don't try to live his for him: also don't ask too many questions - allow him his space - of course as long as he is doing his bit in upkeep - and he will be as good a husband and you ever dreamt.  cool
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by abilityman(m): 11:43am On Jul 07, 2009
Love her and she will be a good wife!!!
Respect her and she will be a good wife!!!
cherish her and she will be a good wife!!!

Good and Virtue are two different things. Do you want a good wife or a virtuous wife, Food for thought!!!
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sweetpie23: 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2009
Ejadamen:

Was that supposed to a compliment or an insult? Try again. Meanwhile no need for all this talk. Sweetpie posted stuff and i objected and because of my comment I am easy? A woman might not be a virgin before marriage and that does not mean she is/was easy. BTW,i am happily married grin grin cool
I agree wholeheartedly.
This makes me wonder if all virgins never gave a Mouth Gig before getting married:-\
grin grin grin grin grin grin IMO,it doesn't matter as long as husband and wife remain faithful to each other while married to each other.

the pure ones wouldn't
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2009
sweetpie23:

the pure ones wouldn't
what do you mean by pure?
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sweetpie23: 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2009
a lady who didn't do anything sexual till she married is 100% pure
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by JustGood(m): 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2009
Ejadamen:

This makes me wonder if all virgins never gave a Mouth Gig before getting marriedundecided

You honestly think virgins go around giving blowjobs? where did you grow up?
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by JustGood(m): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2009
i am yet to meet a guy who wants to marry a virgin. i think that is old school. Most guys actually prefer a lady to know what she's doing. Easier to learn new skills from there instead of teaching from scratch

What is old school? The guys you meet are the ones who dont want virgins. . . perhaps they tell you that because they know you're not one.

Which man wants to have the city's remnant for a wife except those who are calculating what they stand to gain?
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sweetpie23: 12:19pm On Jul 07, 2009
JustGood:

JustGood:

What is old school? The guys you meet are the ones who dont want virgins. . . perhaps they tell you that because they know you're not one.

Which man wants to have the city's remnant for a wife except those who are calculating what they stand to gain?
now the real men are speaking
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by smoothe75(m): 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2009
okay thats it, am not getting married chikena grin
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by eezzy(f): 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2009
abilityman:

Good and Virtue are two different things. Do you want a good wife or a virtuous wife, Food for thought!!!

Mhhh undecided while good might not necessarily lead to virtue, I believe virtue would amount to good
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 07, 2009
most men would want their wife to be a virgin and god-fearing
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2009
@edjadamen

Just curious. You seem to discount virginity. But how do you expect a man to trust a woman that was the town LovePeddler before marriage?
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Ejadamen(f): 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2009
JustGood:

NOYB

JustGood:

grin grin

tensor777:

@edjadamen

Just curious. You seem to discount virginity. But how do you expect a man to trust a woman that was the town LovePeddler before marriage?
No i do not. In fact i think it is an admirable trait. If i meet a female virgin today i'll encourage her to continue that way till she get married. What the people who are irked about my comments don't get is this: the topic is what makes a good wife? and someone said a virgin. I was trying to argue that it doesn't matter. Also a woman who isn't a virgin before getting married doesn't mean she was the town LovePeddler. Yes some are but not all. It struck me as funny what sweetpie said cos it sounded like if he met a girl he likes but finds out she's not a virgin he'ld bolt.

Look i offered my humble opinion on his comment and my opinion stands. Some ladies are virgins but could make awful wives,notice i said could and some non-virgins(not the town whores people are so quick to mention) could make great wives. So why all the beef,if y'all want to marry a virgin go ahead but read through my statements logically before jumping to emotional comments. Peace all. wink
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Fhemmmy: 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2009
tensor777:

@edjadamen

What s a town LovePeddler?
A man that has slept with more than one woman is a LovePeddler, so it is high time we stop all these finger pointing and just enjoy our lives.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2009
punanny!!!! ;d
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Ejadamen(f): 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2009
Fhemmmy:

What s a town LovePeddler?
A man that has slept with more than one woman is a LovePeddler, so it is high time we stop all these finger pointing and just enjoy our lives.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by GEW: 5:17pm On Jul 07, 2009
Ejadamen:

This makes me wonder if all virgins never gave a Mouth Gig before getting marriedundecided [b]  how can you say a thing like this  and say it is offering humble opinion  what is humble in this opinion?  did you ever try staying virgin for 3weeks and see how easy it is instead of coming to talk this nonsense on NL.

grin grin grin grin grin grin IMO,it doesn't matter as long as husband and wife remain faithful to each other while married to each other.  who told you it doesnt matter? if that is the cloud cookoo land you want to live in enjoy it cos it does matter to the rest of the world.[/color]
Ejadamen:

NOYB
grin grin
No i do not. In fact i think it is an admirable trait. If i meet a female virgin today i'll encourage her to continue that way till she get married. What the people who are irked about my comments don't get is this: the topic is what makes a good wife? and someone said a virgin. I was trying to argue that it doesn't matter. Also a woman who isn't a virgin before getting married doesn't mean she was the town LovePeddler. Yes some are but not all. It struck me as funny what sweetpie said cos it sounded like if he met a girl he likes but finds out she's not a virgin he'ld bolt.

Look[b] i offered my humble opinion on his comment and my opinion stands. Some ladies are virgins but could make awful wives,notice i said could and some non-virgins(not the town whores people are so quick to mention) could make great wives.[/b] So why all the beef,if y'all want to marry a virgin go ahead but read through my statements logically before jumping to emotional comments. Peace all. wink

[color=#990000]you probably dont know any virgin let alone any awful virgin wife. i cant understand why you cant pass some thread rather than rubbish what you probably dont know anything about.
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by Ejadamen(f): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2009
you probably dont know any virgin let alone any awful virgin wife. i cant understand why you cant pass some thread rather than rubbish what you probably dont know anything about.

@ GEW and other contenders tongue You think you know what i know? Are you psychic now? grin I don't have time to trade words. I made my comment. Take it or leave it. tongue And Gew just in case u can't read i did mention i am married so i have seen plenty awful wives. wink

@ topic, character makes a good wife and the fear of God. Provs 31 is a good example but in reality i think it's up to a man to decide what is good for him. *bows out gracefully* grin grin grin
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by gloriuss(f): 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2009
@mrbrownjay, uve answered well, i mean at least ur completely honest.

@SISSY, I totally AGREE with ur answer, so wise! grin grin grin
Re: What Makes A Good Wife? by sexyLeamon(f): 4:32am On Jul 08, 2009
hey sweetpie can you shut up with this virgin stuff IF YOU ARE A VIRGIN GOOD FOR YOU angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can One Split His/her Tithe For Personal Reasons? / I Need Words Of Wisdom From Mature Nairalanders / Kids' Educational Tablet Computer With Sim Card. Rivers State, Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.