Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? (21334 Views)

Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? / How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? / How Can Jesus Be Both God And God's Son? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
Jessicha:

you don't understand the church teaching that each man already have an immortal life , the only problem is where they will spend it .. either in heaven or hell ?

but John 3:16 said Jesus came to offer man eternal life , something the church already says everyman have . so how can Jesus give everlasting life to already immortal beings ? remember that based on church teaching they are destined to live forever , so of what basis is Jesus claim of giving man everlasting life if man is already destined to live forever ?

Are you a Christian ?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jessicha(f): 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you a Christian ?

clueless , been a christian or not has nothing to do with the question asked . I believe you only want to derail from the topic , stick to the topic and address the question posed to you ... if u can't answer , just say I DONT KNOW .

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
Jessicha:

clueless , been a christian or not has nothing to do with the question asked . I believe you only want to derail from the topic , stick to the topic and address the question posed to you ... if u can't answer , just say I DONT KNOW .

Are you a christian ?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Rawblings(m): 5:16am On Apr 06, 2016
The way God designed man, SOULS are immortal.. Eternal life is also known as the tree of life
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by sonofthunder: 5:43am On Apr 06, 2016
Jessicha:

on a very serious note, are you a Christian?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by sonofthunder: 5:44am On Apr 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you a christian ?
same thing I wanna know
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jessicha(f): 10:34am On Apr 10, 2016
sonofthunder:
on a very serious note, are you a Christian?
yes , but I need an answer to that question @ op
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by sonofthunder: 5:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
Jessicha:

yes , but I need an answer to that question @ op
you seem not to be understanding the bible as you should
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Weah96: 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2016
Expect no answer from your fellow Christians. Or expect elitism, they will claim to have sharper and more refined spiritual ears and eyes than you.

So now you have two problems:

1. Nobody answered your question from the OP
2. Your spirit senses need to be upgraded
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jessicha(f): 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
sonofthunder:
you seem not to be understanding the bible as you should
and since you understand it than I do, why not explain the ops question to me ?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by sonofthunder: 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2016
Jessicha:

and since you understand it than I do, why not explain the ops question to me ?
my sister, those who do not receive everlasting life, what do they receive?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by goodnews201668: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
I gat the question, if humans are already immortals what's the essence of Jesus dying to give man immortality or eternal life? I think that's the question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jessicha(f): 5:54am On Apr 18, 2016
sonofthunder:

my sister, those who do not receive everlasting life, what do they receive?

tell me now
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by sonofthunder: 6:29am On Apr 18, 2016
Jessicha:

tell me now
dear, that's where I was going. do answer the question(s)
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jessicha(f): 6:33am On Apr 18, 2016
sonofthunder:

dear, that's where I was going. do answer the question(s)

i dont know what they receive, care to tell me ?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Splinz(m): 12:23am On Apr 19, 2016
Op, you've asked a very thought provoking question, the kind that can only comes from God. Unfortunately, you'll never get the right answer here. Contact me & learn what you seek........ alexjhn439@gmail.com
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by goodnews201668: 1:49am On Apr 19, 2016
Hmmmm, give us the answer here.
Why is Jesus dying for us to have immortality or eternal life since were already immortal?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jozzy4: 9:39am On Apr 19, 2016
Scholar8200:
dont stress yourself, stay where you are.

Kindly quote me where I said that.

your initial statement is without is Salvation what humans have is Shame and eternal contempt ! if this is valid, tell us where Abel go when he died, since he died before Jesus died for man ? did he also have shame and everlasting contempt ?

thats her point.

You appear to be in a hurry to catch whatever appears to please you:

32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
Matthew 22:32
God said this (highlighted blue) to Moses after the three men had departed from the earth.

departed to where exactly ?

Besides, what meaneth this?

33 And when Jacob had made an end of commanding his sons, he gathered up his feet into the bed, and yielded up the ghost, and was gathered unto his people.
Genesis 49:33

his people , at where ?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jozzy4: 9:59am On Apr 19, 2016
malvisguy212:
you miss the point completely, let me ask, how did human achieve this immortality ? The human NATURE is not immortal, it is the spirit and soul which is immortal.
Immortality is achieved when the body of the
believer is raised and transformed and then united with the soul.

malvis, malvis , u said the spirit and soul is immortal BUT YET U WENT AHEAD TO SAY immortality is not yet achieved until body is transformed . are u this confuse ?

2 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by goodnews201668: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2016
The thing tire me too ooo. Let me occupy here and wait for them explain immortality.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by tempem: 10:21am On Apr 19, 2016
Like Jessicha said, false religion is sick! As in, sick. Their members couldn't even come up with agreeable answers.... Someone even said soul doesn't die.. What is man?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by tempem: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2016
goodnews201668:
The thing tire me too ooo.
Let me occupy here and wait for them explain immortality.
Me self dey wait their explanations.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by goodnews201668: 11:31am On Apr 19, 2016
tempem:
Me self dey wait their explanations.

If at all, you'll see how they'll come and dribble themselves into confusion.
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Medicis(m): 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2016
Jessicha:
most religions teach that humans are immortal beings , i.e human exists forever, have a never ending life

that explains why many believ when a man dies he only shed his skin... he is alive . but what dies is his lifeless skin (think abt a snake shedding its skin to get it better )

therefore, not mortals ...

if humans are immortal beings, how can Jesus come to give everlasting life to immortal beings ? so of what basis is Jesus claim of giving man everlasting life if man is already destined to live forever ?

someone sud explain this absurdity
Every soul is immortal. ETERNAL LIFE is when you spend your immortality with Jesus in heaven and ETERNAL CONTEMPT is when you spend your immortality in hell.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by dorox(m): 1:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
Medicis:
Every soul is immortal. ETERNAL LIFE is when you spend your immortality with Jesus in heaven and ETERNAL CONTEMPT is when you spend your immortality in hell. The Devil is immortal but doesn't have eternal life.

In explaining death to Adam God said to him from dust you are and to dust you shall return. In orderwords you are made out of dust and at death you shall return to your initial state which is lifeless dust. That is why Solomon says in Ecclesiastes 3:19,20
For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity. 20All go to the same place. All came from the dust and all return to the dust.…
Nothing was said about us having an immortal soul, it says that at death we are no different from animals. It is this death that Jesus came to deliver us from by presenting his perfect life as a ransome for our salvation as stated in John 17:3 which I won't quote because it is all too familiar.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by dolphinheart(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19, 2016
Medicis:
Every soul is immortal. ETERNAL LIFE is when you spend your immortality with Jesus in heaven and ETERNAL CONTEMPT is when you spend your immortality in hell. The Devil is immortal but doesn't have eternal life.

not even one bible verse to support your man made theory.
pls explain immortality, then explain eternal life.
King James Bible
eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die.......

eze 18:4 King James Bible
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Gen 2: 7 King James Bible
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL!
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Medicis(m): 3:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
dolphinheart:

not even one bible verse to support your man made theory.
pls explain immortality, then explain eternal life.
King James Bible
eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die.......

eze 18:4 King James Bible
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Gen 2: 7 King James Bible
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL!

Without a doubt the human soul is
immortal. This is clearly seen in many Scriptures
in both the Old and New Testaments: Psalm
22:26 ; 23:6 ; 49:7-9 ; Ecclesiastes 12:7 ; Daniel
12:2-3 ; Matthew 25:46 ; and 1 Corinthians
15:12-19 . Daniel 12:2 says, “Multitudes who
sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some
to everlasting life, others to shame and
everlasting contempt.” Similarly, Jesus Himself
said that the wicked “will go away to eternal
punishment, but the righteous to eternal
life” ( Matthew 25:46 ).it is clear that from Matthew 25:46 both the wicked and the
righteous have an eternal/immortal soul. You can kindly to google to explain the meaning eternal life and immortality.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jessicha(f): 3:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
Medicis:

" our Lord Jesus Christ , .. he is the King of those who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords, the one ALONE having immortality " - 1Timothy 6:14.15

take note: alone

how do u reconcile this powerful declaration with ur statement that Devil and all souls are immortal ?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by goodnews201668: 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2016
Medicis:

in both the Old and New Testaments: Psalm
22:26 ; 23:6 ; 49:7-9 ; Ecclesiastes 12:7 ; Daniel
life” ( Matthew 25:46 ).it is clear that from Matthew 25:46 both the wicked and the
righteous have an eternal/immortal soul. You can kindly to google to explain the meaning eternal life and immortality.

With the scriptures you cited you just shot yourself in the leg.

Psalms 22:26 shows that we will enjoy life forever if we serve God faithfully even if we die we have the hope of resurrection, surely David knew that man can die and perish.
Psalms 23:6 does all the days of my life shows that man is immortal? No, all the days you're alive simply means as long as you keep living.
Psalms 49:7-9 is talking about the ransom, no man can redeem men, we are deserving of death as a result of our sinful nature.
You and I cannot provide ransom for ourselves, our life isn't enough to save anyone from dying but Jesus actually provided the ransom we needed that we may live life forever if we exercise faith in him.
The psalmist didn't think man will live forever, we lost that opportunity when our first parents sin in the garden of Eden.
Psalms 89:45-48 clearly shows our life is short and not eternal.
Our life is futile and can end shortly according to that portion.
As for ecclesiastics 12:7 the spirit doesn't travel all the way to heaven, it simply means the creator is the only person that can resurrect a dead person. Our only hope of living again depends on him.
Jesus before he died entrusted his spirit to his father, he didn't go to heaven or any other place the Bible said he was in the grave.
Daniel 12:1,2 is talking about resurrection or about those who are asleep in death.
It is only when they wake or resurrect that they can live forever and that chapter shows this will happen in the future or in the end.
1 Corinthians 15:12-19 is also talking about the hope of resurrection, if there's no resurrection it means those who have fallen asleep in death are lost according to that portion. It say if only this life is what we hoped for we are most to be pitied definitely we hoped for a better life and that's eternal life.
Mattew chapter 25 again talks about what will happen after judgement, then can one live forever if qualified or perish if not.
According to ecclesiastics 9:5,10 shows humans die and remains unconscious.
Psalms 146:4 shows that when we die our thought perishes not only our body, that can't be possible if we are immortal.
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Medicis(m): 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
Jessicha:

" our Lord Jesus Christ , .. he is the King of those who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords, the one ALONE having immortality " - 1Timothy 6:14.15

take note: alone

how do u reconcile this powerful declaration with ur statement that Devil and all souls are immortal ?
How can God “alone” have immortality( 1 Timothy 6:16), if the soul of man is also immortal (1 Corinthians 15:53-54)
Matthew 25:46)? The answer is really quite
simple: The only reason man is immortal is
because GOD GIVES MAN IMMORTALITY because he created man. one of the great
blessings of being an image-bearer of God is
that humans have an immortal soul However, in the sense that God’s everlasting nature is immortal, God alone possesses immortality. Take for example :both God and His faithful children are pure and holy (1John 3:3; Matthew 5:8; 1 Peter 1:16). They are pure and holy, however, on different levels.
Whereas God is innately perfect (Isaiah 6:3;
James 1:13), man can only become pure and
holy through the grace of God and the blood of
Christ (Hebrews 10:22; Ephesians 1:3-14). God is
holy; man becomes holy. Likewise, God “alone
[inherently] has immortality” (1 Timothy 6:16),
but He has given it to man. The same way he alone has eternal life and decided to give us.
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Medicis(m): 5:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
goodnews201668:

With the scriptures you cited you just shot yourself in the leg.

Psalms 22:26 shows that we will enjoy life forever if we serve God faithfully even if we die we have the hope of resurrection, surely David knew that man can die and perish.
Psalms 23:6 does all the days of my life shows that man is immortal? No, all the days you're alive simply means as long as you keep living.
Psalms 49:7-9 is talking about the ransom, no man can redeem men, we are deserving of death as a result of our sinful nature.
You and I cannot provide ransom for ourselves, our life isn't enough to save anyone from dying but Jesus actually provided the ransom we needed that we may live life forever if we exercise faith in him.
The psalmist didn't think man will live forever, we lost that opportunity when our first parents sin in the garden of Eden.
Psalms 89:45-48 clearly shows our life is short and not eternal.
Our life is futile and can end shortly according to that portion.
As for ecclesiastics 12:7 the spirit doesn't travel all the way to heaven, it simply means the creator is the only person that can resurrect a dead person. Our only hope of living again depends on him.
Jesus before he died entrusted his spirit to his father, he didn't go to heaven or any other place the Bible said he was in the grave.
Daniel 12:1,2 is talking about resurrection or about those who are asleep in death.
It is only when they wake or resurrect that they can live forever and that chapter shows this will happen in the future or in the end.
1 Corinthians 15:12-19 is also talking about the hope of resurrection, if there's no resurrection it means those who have fallen asleep in death are lost according to that portion. It say if only this life is what we hoped for we are most to be pitied definitely we hoped for a better life and that's eternal life.
Mattew chapter 25 again talks about what will happen after judgement, then can one live forever if qualified or perish if not.
According to ecclesiastics 9:5,10 shows humans die and remains unconscious.
Psalms 146:4 shows that when we die our thought perishes not only our body, that can't be possible if we are immortal.
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by dolphinheart(m): 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
Medicis:

in both the Old and New Testaments:
you did not respond to the scriptures I quoted, maybe you think the scriptures where lying and you decided to contradict those verses by mentioning other verses.

Psalm
22:26 ; 23:6 ; 49:7-9 ;
New International Version
The poor will eat and be satisfied; those who seek the LORD will praise him-- may your hearts live forever!

1. does this say soul is immortal? no
2. does it say everyone will live forever ? no " evalasting life is only available to those who seek jehovah"

remember, the psalmist said the dead cannot praise God.

King James Version
Ps 23:6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Ps 49:7None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
Ps 49:8(For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for eversmiley
Ps 49:9That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.

1. did David just start dwelling in the house of the Lord immediately after he died?no(read what apostle peter said about david)
2. does every soul goes into the house of the Lord? no

if you had read pslams 49 :7-9 , you probably would not have made this post, cus it explains why humans cannot have evalasting life by themselves.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 ;
King James Version
Ec 12:7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

1. are you a spirit? no
2. is the soul(man)a spirit? no (read again about how God created the first man and what happened to the first man when he died)

Daniel
righteous have an eternal/immortal soul.
your quote have blown your theory out of the water. " multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake". This means they where sleeping before they where awoken right? right!
it is only after these resurrection has occurred that some will gain evalasting life.
what did Jesus said when he said that Lazarus was sleeping, Jesus said " Lazarus has died"
the verses did not tell you that souls live after death, but surely they will live after resurrection.

Matt 25:46: you are using what jesus said will happen when he comes to determine if souls are immortal or not. Haba.
moreover, why give evalasting life to those you already say have evalasting life?
did that verse say that those who did not follow jesus will be given evalasting life? no

King James Version
1Co 15:22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Ro 6:23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

bro, follow the scriptures when it tells you that the soul that is sinning ,WILL DIE!

You can kindly to google to explain the meaning eternal life and immortality.

apart from the fact that you can't respond to scriptures that says souls that is sinning will die, you have now refused to differenciate two important things you talked about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Rejoice When A Wicked Man Dies / Thread For Shiloh 2017 "A New Dawn" / The First Question You Will Ask God In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.