Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? (27089 Views)

Difference Between February 14th And February 15th In Most Woman (pic) 18+ / Muslim Students Protest Celebration Of Lovers Day. / Countdown To February 14th Nairalanders Together Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:20am On Feb 14, 2016
Noted
Decker:
How was it a day designed by the devil? Please men should bear the burden of their decisions and actions, and stop heaving it on the devil.

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by SlimOpsy(m): 7:22am On Feb 14, 2016
creamylicious:
Both..... I intend to spend it with someone's husband,,,,
Just remember! E no dey show for face! Someone wey be ur age mate don finish for street, na arugbo ojos' u wan do am wit.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by henryhemon(m): 7:25am On Feb 14, 2016
And for those who encourage fornication i wish you well. Indulging it shouldn't make you come out to encourage it,I am not a saint but it's certainly not right.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Figs(m): 7:27am On Feb 14, 2016
ronald4lif:
Sex isn't only for the married, anyone can have and enjoy sex. It's only considered an illicit act to the sectarians and scriptural adherents.

But then, not everyone is religious so they can't be binded nor constrain by doctrinal dogmas. And to such people, sex isn't illicit. Just saying.
u jst hyping this ur rubbish comment 2 justify ur immoral lyf styl,nonsense.wen d outcom wil surface,who wud u run 2?
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by menix(m): 7:28am On Feb 14, 2016
The world was destroyed be water on Feb 14.
Sodom nd Gomorrah was destroyed Feb. 14.
If this world is going to end, it would be Feb 14.

Feb 14, my Brethren is Uwa Mmebi day that the devil has monopolized..
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 14, 2016
Toks2008:
February 14th as they call it is vals day or lovers day but in my opinion,it is indeed a day many teenagers and naive ladies will sign their death warrant.

Yes i know some people will come for my head for writing this but as i always state,this is my opinion.

Valentines day is celebrated worldwide and while i believe it is ok for married couples,i believe it is a grand design by the devil to lure the unmarried into sinful acts because febuary 14th is the day the world records the highest rate of illicit sexual acts and infact,many teenage girls offer their innocence as gift to their boyfriends on vals day.

Condoms or no condoms,In most cases,the reckless sexual acts result in unwanted pregnancies and ultimately death of many ladies in the months to follow as they try to abort the unwanted pregnancy.

Conclusively i will say that when this day can be said to be lovers day for the married couple,it is indeed dooms day for the careless unmarried couple.

If you are an unmarried lady reading this please go out and catch your fun with your bae and enjoy your self but be wise....you don't have to offer sex as vals gift.

My humble personal submission.
Too both of them
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by austinbrown: 7:40am On Feb 14, 2016
Don't know what to say b4 u people ban me again cry
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by myfantasies(f): 7:41am On Feb 14, 2016
Abukc:
. It is devil that control the world now,to extend he fabricated alll unlawfull for people to fall into it.if not we be mumu we are celebrating valentine for what reason,man girl wil lost their GOLDEN FLOWER on that,sexual abuse will increase which GOD. Almighty forbid........well God will open una eye, to know say to celebrate valentine na FORBIDEN.
Wat concerns d devil wit Valentine now

How is it forbidden to celebrate val with ur love ones

I don't see anything wrong in it

Don't misquote my comment, i was just having fun, u now went ahead to type dis

Please don't spoil my Sunday

Happy val nd happy Sunday to u

1 Like

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by HowAreYou(m): 7:41am On Feb 14, 2016
grin

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Justicealh3(m): 7:45am On Feb 14, 2016
By the way isn't in my religoius. I hope u'll never be among of those who'll carry unwanted child on this valdays........
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by mindworx: 7:46am On Feb 14, 2016
Plllleeeeeaasssseeee, what da fvck is it with this xes thing on Val day? Why is the world just so upside down? What happened to going to a park, a resort, a beach, ice cream, movies or any cool place of choice? True lovers should just share gifts, it doesn't have to be expensive but a show of appreciation of companionship. If you have more, extend the gifts to neighbours, orphanages and all. If at all there will be xes, then it should happen when you both desire it, not a premeditated thing. Can we just be sane for a day? Lord! I feel sick when all people can first think of is xes (not even the one that is borne out of mutual thirst).

My two kobo.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 14, 2016
[s]
blackpanda:

Yes its very important you tell your daughters that theres nothing wrong with sex. Its never an evil act, on the contrary its one of the most beautiful ways of showing affection to each other

Its this religious doctrinal trash that makes women and even men carry heavy burden that they must be doing something wrong. It makes women think every sexual act must lead to marriage...which is nothing but lies!
[/s]don't be a tool for the devil.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by pdpchangeapc(m): 7:46am On Feb 14, 2016
DEVILS DAY -A DAY TO SPREAD UNWANTED PREGNANCY, SPREAD STDS, SPREAD ALCOHOL, SPREAD DRUGS AND DISPLAY VICES.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by creamylicious(f): 7:50am On Feb 14, 2016
SlimOpsy:
Just remember! E no dey show for face! Someone wey be ur age mate don finish for street, na arugbo ojos' u wan do am wit.
lol, I don't intend to defend myself. Have yourself a wonderful valentine
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by donbrowser(m): 7:51am On Feb 14, 2016
SexyCeline:
God bless the 0p..nairaland guys will soo hate this. Ladies, pls lets not fall prey to them anymore.. #team_true_luv_over_sex
God bless the 0p..nairaland girls will soo love this. Guys, pls lets not fall prey to them anymore.. #team_true_luv_over_money
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by gretblue: 7:54am On Feb 14, 2016
Lol

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by ransomed: 7:57am On Feb 14, 2016
Some will bag a degree in HIV/AIDS today. Remember, there is no proven cure as at today. Apply wisdom while catching fun today. Shalom...
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by remigiusizunna(m): 7:57am On Feb 14, 2016
lovers day in a devilish way
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Teryfik(m): 7:58am On Feb 14, 2016
Toks2008:

I agree totally with you.

But close your eyes and imagine you telling your daughter this.
BRAVO!!!this is d best comment i v eva seen on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Welcomme: 7:58am On Feb 14, 2016
AKABDUL:
-:::: Valentine Day ::::---
Do you know what is it ?
Saint Valentine had loved a young girl and had sex with her before married ( ZINA ) and that's why UK government had hanged him on that day , 14 february and since then the non believers used to celebrate that day !!!
But the most sad and shamefull thing is that ,Today the Muslims also began to celebrate that illegal sex day ( Zina day ) ...... cry
We are muslims and we will never celebrate this day again In shaa Allah !!
Say, In shaa Allah if u desire the same .....
And plz share this message
My problem with u Muslims is u love and cherish lies. You guys also love spreading lies. Pls this is a reason behind valentine, read and enlighten urself instead of spreading lies on watsapp, facebook and other social medias.

“The story of Valentine’s Day begins in the third
century with an oppressive Roman emperor and a
humble Christian Martyr. The emperor was
Claudius II. The Christian was Valentinus.
Claudius had ordered all Romans to worship
twelve gods, and had made it a crime punishable
by death to associate with Christians. But
Valentinus was dedicated to the ideals of Christ;
not even the threat of death could keep him from
practicing his beliefs. He was arrested and
imprisoned.
During the last weeks of Valentinus’s life a
remarkable thing happened. Seeing that he was
a man of learning, the jailer asked whether his
daughter, Julia, might be brought to Valentinus
for lessons. She had been blind since birth. Julia
was a pretty young girl with a quick mind.
Valentinus read stories of Rome’s history to her.
He described the world of nature to her. He
taught her arithmetic and told her about God.
She saw the world through his eyes, trusted his
wisdom, and found comfort in his quiet strength.
“Valentinus, does God really hear our prayers?”
Julia asked one day.
“Yes, my child, He hears each one.”
“Do you know what I pray for every morning and
every night? I pray that I might see. I want so
much to see everything you’ve told me about!”
“God does what is best for us if we will only
believe in Him,” Valentinus said.
“Oh, Valentinus, I do believe! I do!” She knelt and
grasped his hand.
They sat quietly together, each praying. Suddenly
there was a brilliant light in the prison cell.
Radiant, Julia screamed, “Valentinus, I can see! I
can see!”
“Praise be to God!” Valentinus exclaimed, and he
knelt in prayer.
On the eve of his death Valentinus wrote a last
note to Julia, urging her to stay close to God. He
signed it, “From your Valentine.” His sentence
was carried out the next day, February 14, 270
A.D., near a gate that was later named Porta
Valentini in his memory. He was buried at what
is now the Church of Praxedes in Rome. It is
said that Julia planted a pink-blossomed almond
tree near his grave. Today, the almond tree
remains a symbol of abiding love and friendship.
On each February 14, Saint Valentine’s Day,
messages of affection, love, and devotion are
exchanged around the world.”
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Ryda(m): 8:00am On Feb 14, 2016
After sending bulk sms to my family and friends made a special call to mah mum and bae
You want me to believe you O.p
That's your opinion jor
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Odeyinigbin(m): 8:02am On Feb 14, 2016
End tym things
End tym val
End tym gbogboeeee
Val ko,val niiiii
As for me,AM married to JESUS
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by driy65(m): 8:03am On Feb 14, 2016
AKABDUL:
-:::: Valentine Day ::::---
Do you know what is it ?
Saint Valentine had loved a young girl and had sex with her before married ( ZINA ) and that's why UK government had hanged him on that day , 14 february and since then the non believers used to celebrate that day !!!
But the most sad and shamefull thing is that ,Today the Muslims also began to celebrate that illegal sex day ( Zina day ) ...... cry
We are muslims and we will never celebrate this day again In shaa Allah !!
Say, In shaa Allah if u desire the same .....
And plz share this message
see dis one...y dnt u preach 2 ur fellow moslem terrorists in d north east u moslems can b soo annoying
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by blackpanda: 8:05am On Feb 14, 2016
LordOdin:
[s][/s]don't be a tool for the devil.

Break out from your religious bondage already! Its 2016!
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by kaziblake(f): 8:06am On Feb 14, 2016
I don't have any business with valentine so its none of my business
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by driy65(m): 8:08am On Feb 14, 2016
blackpanda:

Yes its very important you tell your daughters that theres nothing wrong with sex. Its never an evil act, on the contrary its one of the most beautiful ways of showing affection to each other

Its this religious doctrinal trash that makes women and even men carry heavy burden that they must be doing something wrong. It makes women think every sexual act must lead to marriage...which is nothing but lies!
Devil incarnate

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Manofvalor1: 8:09am On Feb 14, 2016
Its certainly the devils day.if you consider all the atrocities that goes on just one valentine day. Then you would know its the devil's days. People have a false concept of love,its all about lust and not love,its all about sex and not love,its all about carnal desire and not about showing agape love to those who really deserved to be loved thus God detest valentine's day.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by coesheya(m): 8:11am On Feb 14, 2016
February 14th is Valentine's day or Lovers day. It is divine because the origin of Valentine's day was that of Sacrifice for propagation of Love. Whoever turns it to perpetuating evil or immorality is negating the celebration and the consequences he/she shall face. Happy Valentine's day to you.
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by driy65(m): 8:15am On Feb 14, 2016
deen4real7902:
TMC PRESS RELEASE

The Muslim Congress (TMC)
1, Thanni Olodo Street, Off Ikorodu Road, Jibowu Bus Stop, Jibowu, Yaba, Lagos.
0802 346 2555, 0803 309 6636

February 10, 2016
MISGUIDED VALENTINE’S DAY: ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE

All praise is due to Allah, the Creator of heavens and earth. May His peace and blessings be upon the noble prophet Muhammad (SAW), members of his household, his companions, and all Muslims till the Day of Judgement, Amin.

Come Sunday 14, 2016, the world will celebrate another day of induction into the club of HIV/AIDS styled Valentine Day. The Muslim Congress (TMC), as usual, wishes to educate, sermonize and redirect the energy of our youth and uninformed adults by issuing a press release on ‘Misguided Valentine’s Day Celebration from Islamic Perspective’ ahead of the day. Globally, the celebration has received recognition, accolade and public acceptance, even among ignorant Muslims. Whereas Valentine’s Day is a Roman pagan festival, the festival has continued to be celebrated even when Rome became a Christian nation.

As another Valentine’s Day draws closer, all Islamic organisations and clerics owe Muslims and non-Muslims a divine obligation of liberation from ignorance and blind followership of a questionable practice rooted in immoralities and disobedience to Allah, the Supreme Being. On that day, Nigerians would again witness a “Grand Induction Ceremony” of a great multitude of our youth and adults into the world of Sex, Shamelessness, Infidelity, Perversion, Loss of Virginity, HIV, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea and AIDS, in the name of Valentine’s Day or “Lover’s Day.” 

Valentine’s Day celebration is traceable to Luperci, an occult order of Roman priests. The priests gather annually at a sacred cave where Romulus and Remus, the founders of Rome, were believed to have been nurtured and nursed by a she-wolf (Lupa in Roman language) in their infancy. The rites entail the sacrifice of a goat by the priests, for boosting communal fertility; this is followed by the sacrifice of a dog, for communal purification and cleansing. The priests would then strip the goat's hide into strips, dip them into the sacrificial blood and take the hide to the streets, gently slapping both women and crop fields with the goat hide. Gullible Roman women welcomed the touch of the hides because it was believed to make them more fertile in the coming year. Later in the day, according to legend, all the young women in the city would place their names in a big urn. The city's men, especially bachelors, would each choose a name and become paired for the year with his chosen woman. These occult match-making of couples often ended in marriage and many in sexual perversion.

The second narrative on the origin of the celebration indicates that Valentine’s Day celebration is linked to a popular saint known as Valentine who was sentenced to death on 14th February, 270 CE, for going against the royal decree of Emperor Claudius II. The emperor decided that unmarried men are better soldiers than those with wives and families; the King therefore outlawed marriage for young men, who were his crop of potential soldiers. Saint Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree and the sinful implication it portends for the society, defied Emperor Claudius and continued to solemnize marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine's actions were discovered by the authorities, Emperor Claudius ordered that he be put to death for promoting amorous relationship among the soldiers. Along the line, the story alluded that Saint Valentine himself fell in love with a young girl, who was his jailor's daughter. The lady visited him during his confinement and travails. Before his death however, the Saint wrote her a letter, which he signed, 'From your Valentine,' an expression of love that is still in vogue today.

As Muslims, the two historical narratives have no theological foundations in our religion, when viewed from the prisms of Qur’an and Sunnah. They could at best be described as relics of Jahiliyyah. Jahiliyyah is an Arabic word which refers to the state of ignorance that pervaded the world before the commissioning of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) as Rasulullah with revelation. Allah cautioned humanity on Jahiliyyah in several places in the Qur'an:

Do they then seek the judgement of (the days of) ignorance; and who is better in judgement than Allah for a people who have firm faith. Q5:50

O you who believe! Enter Islam perfectly, and follow not the footsteps of Shaytan (Satan). Verily, he is to you a plain enemy. Q2:208

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) while delivering his Khutbah, always cautions Muslims on misguided practices thus: “Indeed, the best speech is the speech of Allah, and the best guidance is the guidance of Muhammad (SAW). And the worst of matters are those innovated by the people, and every innovated matter is a bid’ah and every bid’ah is astray, and every going astray is in the fire. (Sahih Muslim)

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah in his verdict opined that joining fully in the festival of non-Muslims is tantamount to joining kufr and participating in some minor issues designed by non-Muslims is joining some branches of kufr. Partially joining, at the very least, is disobedience and sin. (Iqtida’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, 1/207). He concluded that Muslims should not do any of the rituals of non-Muslims at the time of their festivals; rather the day of their celebrations should be like any other day for the Muslims. The Muslims should not do anything specific in imitation of non-Muslims. (Majmoo al-Fataawa, 25/329). 

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was informed that in recent time the celebration of Valentine’s Day has become widespread, especially among female students. Its celebration entails dressing completely in red, including clothes and shoes, and exchange of red flowers by lovers. He replied: “Celebrating Valentine’s Day is not permissible for a number of reasons, viz:  a)       It is an innovated festival for which there is no basis in Islam; b)    It promotes love and infatuation; and c)   It calls for hearts to be preoccupied with foolish matters that are contrary to the way of the righteous salaf (May Allaah be pleased with them). 

The Ahlu-Sunnah abhor the celebration of Valentine’s Day or any other questionable celebrations. They described the acts of exchanging gifts of red roses and wearing red clothes and congratulating one another as an innovation and relics of Jahiliyyah and Kufr. The verdict does not excuse bakeries making red coloured bread, cakes and sweet cheese and drawing hearts on them as signs of love, and some supermarkets, eateries and stores, that advertise products that are specially made for Valentine. 

The Muslim Congress therefore counsels all Muslim youth and adults that clear evidence from the Qur’an, Sunnah and the consensus of clerics of the Ummah indicate that there are only two festivals in Islam: Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. Any other festival, no matter how sophisticated and well-packaged, does not have any place in Islam. A doll no matter how beautiful is still a false child. We urge all our brethren to be guided by the saying of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) that: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Hadith)

In conclusion, Valentine’s Day celebration comes under the heading of blind followership, because it is an idolatrous festival that is not permissible for Muslims who believe in Allah and the Last Day. It should not be observed, respected or commended, but must be ignored and avoided in obedience to Allah and His Messenger. It is also haram for the Muslim to provide enabling environment for its celebration by supplying food, drinks, gifts, or buying or selling of special Valentine Day’s production, greetings and advertising because all these acts are tantamount to cooperating in committing sin, transgression and disobedience to Allah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).

Long live the Muslim Ummah, Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

SIGNED
Dr. Luqman AbdurRaheem, MNIM, FAAE, FCEnt
Amir, The Muslim Congress
buh u guys cant issue such a communique 2 ur brothers in the north east that are busy maiming innnocent people .u moslems are begining to disgust me
Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 14, 2016
Toks2008:

I agree totally with you.

But close your eyes and imagine you telling your daughter this.

Epic! I need to send a 2016 range to you for this response. Pm me ur home address sharply.

1 Like

Re: February 14th.Lovers Day or Devil's day? by femifemo123: 8:18am On Feb 14, 2016
Chai! Unwanted pregnancy go yapa today grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Go On And Marry Her? / Ladies, What Attracts You In A Guy's Personality?? / Tiwa Savage's Naked Photo In Bed With A Man Sends Internet Into Frenzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.