Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Information About Sweden Visa - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information About Sweden Visa (103276 Views)

Enquiries About Sweden Visa / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Who Knows About Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by IykeD(m): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2010
So sorry man, u see i told you they confirm it, it's not over yet, keep the struggle alive man. Did they give you the right to appeal? Will chat with you later in the night ok
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by deoyel25(m): 3:50pm On Jul 19, 2010
So sorry to hear this. These people just reject people for no concrete reason. Why the rejection when you have the required amount in your account. Its not their fault. Guy, no long thing. Put in for spring 2011. Application is still inI progress. I'm still waiting for my own decision anyways. Its well bro.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2010
Its a big problem when you are applying to non-english speaking countries for visa, they dont understand english so well and may misinterprete what you are saying. For example, my father is my principal sponsor in principle and he owns a firm, i used his letter head to prove the evidence of fund to them by saying he has remitted all my needed fund held in my current account (applicant's current account), they went ahead to say i have partly the fund and my father has partly the fund according to the english they used. I did not show any part fund in my application, what i presented was the whole money 5million held in my own account as the applicant. A lot of places wey them goofe for law, too many injustice for their little knowledge. How on earth i fit afford 5 million, i actually brought in my father remitting money into my account to further prove to them that at the completion of my course, i shall return back to niger to take charge of our family company that is well related to my proposed course of study. They gave me right of appeal, am only familiar with UK appeal process, dunno what to make out of sweden wey don use 3 months to process visa, not to talk of appeal, that appeal may not see the light of day before school resume.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2010
U guys say make i no disturb them but wait for 2-3 days for them to reply me. I used my brain, i contacted them by mail reminding them of the decision on my application and ask them to forward me the decision in time so i know what next to do in my life, barely 40 mins when i send them that mail, they did not even write a mail or anything, they just forwarded the PDF file of decision to my box. Guys wey don apply b4 no try at all, sooner they got denied, they comot for nairaland leaving no lessons to be learnt, but trust me, i will always be here all the way with fresh applicant. If you dont have the money in your account for 2-5days, then forget the visa, except a miracle say them no confirm at all.
They gave me 3 weeks to appeal, if I don’t mail them today, I for don waste part of the 3weeks and my appeal no go reach them in time. Am appealing sha. I had 5 million in my account when I applied, later I removed 2 mil, later add 500k, then I started taking off and adding back money in my account, but I made sure I had over 3.5 mil, but why my bank go tell 3rd party my balance. I cant fight anybody sha, I accept my fate, but am berra off in terms of packaging my tingy next time. Once beaten, twice shy
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by IykeD(m): 7:24pm On Jul 19, 2010
I like your spirit man, just try and appeal very fast. If you package your stuff well, man they will grant you residence. You need to be there man, remember we were planning the whole thing together so you can't back out now, you must win.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 20, 2010
IYKE you are the bomb, my children will never go through this visa process wahala, when i thought the visa would be sitting in my hands already, thats when i have to engage in another legal battle with embassy, 6 months to apply for school b4 admission, almost 2 months for embassy for visa na God know how long the appeal go take. Am not going to hire a lawyer, i will do my write up myself and by the way they sent us application forms written in good english and wrote me a refusal letter in swedish and later at the end small english, am i supposed to get a translator or what. this people are so funny, am sure na one college boy treat my doc, he said i withdrew 4469 kronas from my account, thats like 90k, going by that withdrawal he purpotedly claimed i withdrew in an account running over 5mil, my account na 5,000,042,567. Guys kindly give me input on how to word this people. they said i was refused because i have insufficient fund.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by deoyel25(m): 5:12pm On Jul 20, 2010
Ashiri_IQ:

If you dont have the money in your account for 2-5days, then forget the visa, except a miracle say them no confirm at all.

Did you actually remove the money before 5 days?

Ashiri_IQ:

I had 5 million in my account when I applied, later I removed 2 mil, later add 500k, then I started taking off and adding back money in my account, but I made sure I had over 3.5 mil, but why my bank go tell 3rd party my balance.

How many years programme were you admitted to? If it is 3 years, there should be no time when your account balance is less than 4.5 million, unless you were actually admitted into 2 years programme (3 million in this case). Keeping your account at 3.5 million is only acceptable for 2 year programme. The embassy has the right to check your account balance since you gave them the permission to do so by signing the customer agreement form during your appointment. You accepted all the terms on the form, wrote your full name and signed with date. All the embassy does is to take the agreement form to your bank and poof, they check everything about your account. Maybe your account balance was actually less than the required amount as at the time they went to check your balance.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by deoyel25(m): 5:21pm On Jul 20, 2010
Ashiri_IQ:

, you have ever been refused, scan and edit your personal infor and paste refusal letter for all to read and interprete and debate upon

I think its high time you fulfilled your promise.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 21, 2010
The something is written in Swedish, i used google translator, i will paste it here though.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 21, 2010
Applications and more
You have applied for residence permits for studies at Blekinge Institute of Technology
College. According to the admission notice, you are admitted to the Electrical
Engineering with emphasis on Telecommunication of 180 ECTS.
The application states that your support during the planned period of study in
Sweden is secured partly by own funds deposited in First Bank and partly
by your father to sponsor you financially.
Reasons for decision
Therefore you must not permit
A foreigner who intends to study in Sweden and adopted
Higher education should, according to 4, § 5 Aliens Ordinance (2006:97),
granted a residence permit for study if he or she
- Has his livelihood in their studies and return to their own security
funds, scholarship, or other similar
- Have comprehensive sickness insurance unless the cost of medical
will be borne by the general public in Sweden
- Does not pose a threat to public order, public security or public health.
Studies must be pursued full-time teaching and will require the
student's attendance at the university in Sweden.
As stated above shall supply throughout the trial in Sweden be
proved. At present at least 7300 Swedish kronor per month
10 months a year over the total time the applicant intends to
be here to study. Supply for the entire planned study period is
demonstrated at the first deadline of the certificate of own funds, certificates of
scholarships or other similar means.
In the time you plan to study in Sweden SEK 219 000 required. You have,
after checking with the bank, show that you dispose of 4469 crowns.
You can also be seen by your application to your father as sponsor / guarantor has undertaken
responsibility to support yourself while studying. Some documents show
you to freely dispose of their own funds equal to the supply requirement has not
submission of the case. You have not done thus likely that your supply is
security during the study period.
The Migration Board can not grant you a residence permit for studies
pursuant to Chapter 5. § 10 Aliens Act and Chapter 4. 5 §
Aliens Ordinance. Migration Board rejects your application.
2 / 4

Appeals
You can appeal against this decision with the Administrative Court in Malmö,
Immigration Court. Your appeal must be in writing and must be
received by the Migration Board within three weeks from the date you received some
of the decision.
Here's how
- Write what decision you are complaining about and how you want it changed.
- Write your name, date of birth, address and telephone number.
- Sign the letter with your name. If you have an agent that helps
You can appeal to the agent sign the letter. The attorney shall in that
cases send a letter.
- Send the appeal to the Migration Board, the permit
Vaxjo, Box 1228, 351 12 Växjö.
Immigration Service to submit the appeal to the Administrative Court in Malmö,
Immigration Court if the work does not change the decision as you want.
Information in English for individual Whose application for a residence
permit for Study Purposes Has Been Rejected
This is a brief account of the Conditions for a person to ask a Granted
residence permit for study in Sweden Purposes and information about the
Reasons Why You Have Been Granted note a permit. It Is Not a complete and
Detailed translation of the Swedish Migration Board's Decision.
If You Have Any Questions about the Decision You Can contact the Swedish
Missions Abroad (embassy / Consulate) where you Submitted your application
for a residence permit or the Swedish Missions Abroad That you Notified Of The
Decision.
Conditions for Being Granted a residence permit for Study Purposes
A foreign nation WHO intends to Study in Sweden WHO Has Been and
enrolled on a higher education course programmers Shall be Granted a
residence permit for the study period, he or she f
- Hock his / her support During the study period, and The Return Journey
Secured through his / her own funds, a scholarship or Similar Means
- Hock comprehensive health insurance f The Cost of Health Care Is Not
Paid for out of public funds in Sweden
- Does Represent a note threatening to public order, public safety or public
health.
Studies Should be pursued on a full-time basis, and The Teaching Should
the student's Requires attendance at A Place of Learning in Sweden.
Support - at least, USD 7.300 per month for 10 months a year - shoulder to ask
Confirmed When You first make your application and Applies For The Whole
Of The Planned study period. For Further Information See the Migration
3 / 4

Board fact sheet "Residence permit for studying at a university / college
(Including doctoral student), "www.migrationsverket.se
Your application for a residence permit Has Been Rejected For The Followill wing
Reason:
- You Have Shown Note That You Have sufficient funds available for the
Whole Of The Planned study period. (The Swedish Authorities Do Not
accepted support by a sponsor or guaranta.)
Miscellaneous
The Migration Board Decision Can Be appealed. The Appeal Should Be in
writing and ask Received By The Board Within Three Weeks Of The date on
Which You Were Notified of the Decision. The Address Can Be Found in the
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 21, 2010
Eyin temi, e ma wo mi ni ran, e ja mi si ba wo lo n se lo ni oju titi. Mo need akate to bad, esha mo, Ashiri
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by deoyel25(m): 9:19am On Jul 21, 2010
Ashiri_IQ:

Its a big problem when you are applying to non-english speaking countries for visa, they dont understand english so well and may misinterprete what you are saying. For example, my father is my principal sponsor in principle and he owns a firm, i used his letter head to prove the evidence of fund to them by saying he has remitted all my needed fund held in my current account (applicant's current account), they went ahead to say i have partly the fund and my father has partly the fund according to the english they used. I did not show any part fund in my application, what i presented was the whole money 5million held in my own account as the applicant. A lot of places wey them goofe for law, too many injustice for their little knowledge. How on earth i fit afford 5 million, i actually brought in my father remitting money into my account to further prove to them that at the completion of my course, i shall return back to niger to take charge of our family company that is well related to my proposed course of study. They gave me right of appeal, am only familiar with UK appeal process, dunno what to make out of sweden wey don use 3 months to process visa, not to talk of appeal, that appeal may not see the light of day before school resume.

The rejected you because of the area in bold. You should not have included any letter. At least, that was not part of the requirement.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2010
In the time you plan to study in Sweden SEK 219 000 required. You have,
after checking with the bank, show that you dispose of 4469 crowns.

thats one of the reasons they rejected me. 4469 kronors na around 85,000 naira, how does that make my account insufficient. Anyway, this is not a time to cry over spilt milk. Do you know of anyone who has ever won a swedish appeal because am going all the way with them on my appeal.
Guys give me input, now you all know the full info on my rejection.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2010
Eyin temi, e ma wo mi ni ran, e ja mi si ba wo lo n se lo ni oju titi. Mo need akate to bad, esha mo, Ashiri
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by deoyel25(m): 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2010
Ashiri_IQ:

Anyway, this is not a time to cry over spilt milk. Do you know of anyone who has ever won a swedish appeal because am going all the way with them on my appeal.
Guys give me input, now you all know the full info on my rejection.

Here is someone's case on facebook. It should give you a little hope. Pray well. Pray for those of us still awaiting decision too.
Angella Namiiro HI
l applied for visas on 17th may
Got the reply on 28th june: permit denied due to insuffient funds
Appealed this decision on 12th july
my appealing docs reached the on 16th using dhl
embassy gave me permit on 21 july

The link: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=12640&post=126988&uid=31300055244#topic_top
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2010
Nigerian guys are wonderful, you guys are tooo gbasky going with me all tru the way. I tried the link but couldnt not get directly to Angella's posts or comments on My Visa story 2010 discussion board on facebook, but i did send her a frnd invite and also an adjourning mail explaining my ordeal to her and stating what help am asking for. I hope she replies me fast. Guys i need akate to bad, am working hard on this appeal tingy, Sending me Angella's testimony was a booster. Guys my bank confirmed my balance life
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by HolyHustler: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2010
@House,good day everyone,please i just want to make some enquiries about SWEDEN universities spring intake which is january 2011 if there will still be tuition free for the intake(jan 2011) or we have to pay for tuition. Thanks.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by skynylaw: 6:45pm On Jul 25, 2010
Holy Hustler:

@House,good day everyone,please i just want to make some enquiries about SWEDEN universities spring intake which is january 2011 if there will still be tuition free for the intake(jan 2011) or we have to pay for tuition. Thanks.

Application and tuition fees will be introduced for students with citizenship in countries outside the EU/EES and Switzerland, beginning with application to the autumn term 2011.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by HolyHustler: 7:47am On Jul 26, 2010
Sknylaw,thanks so much,i know application fees and tuition fees will introduced for AUTUM 2011 but i want to confirm if SPRING 2011 will still be tuition free.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 28, 2010
The problem with autumn 2011 free tuition na to get course with enuf credit/unit for visa purpose. Its free but i think the local people will benefit more. As for us we have a specific credit we must meet to be able to apply for a visa

guys lets keep this thread active and lively, whats going on nah. Any success story or otherwise, guys lets share ideas, its not the end of life. Deoyle, any luck with ur stuff
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2010
Hello Ashiri,

ACT ON THE BELLOW INFORMATION FAST BECAUSE YOU WILL STILL BE GRANTED YOUR STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT.

The decison on your visa application can be amended because it is your bank that revealed your account information to the Sweden embassy which is not suppose to be so. But only if you had filled som form at the embassy, allowing them to verify your account that way. Otherwise, they are wrong to check your personal bank account.
You can still get the visa for now because it is not yet late for you. Try to 1. redeposit the required fund into your account and print it out. 2. make a photocopy of your international passport, 3. make a photocopy of your appointment detail 4. print out the decision made to your visa application and 5. a personal letter stating that you used the money in your account for personal business and now you have redeposited it back. Send everything to the Sweden Embassy. It is not yet late for now and you MUST be granted your student residence permit for studies in Sweden.

For furthe information write me personal note to: ifeco1a_y2k@yahoo.com or ask Iyke who has gotten his residence permit on how i advised him.
Thanks

Linda (Now in Sweden).
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2010
Ife, thanks so much, u are the bomb. Am filing in my appeal with the required fund. I will do you a private mail. Your input will help me a lot
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2010
Hello Ashiri,

Thant's ok. People should try to help when they have the idea of what should change another persons life. For i shal gain nothing by hiding the information that suppose to help someone else.
Thanks.

Linda
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by johnson11(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2010
@
Ashiri_IQ and Iyke i applied for my sister spring 2011 and all i saw was 30 credit which is 6 months courses isnt it?
I heard from someone that the embassy dont honor 6 months courses anymore is it true or not?
on studera i cant find 60 or 180 credit courses all i can find is 30 ,15 and 7.5
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by juzme: 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2010
ifeco1a_y2:

It is not yet late for now and you MUST be granted your student residence permit for studies in Sweden.

This is a wrong information. As far as Eu countries are concern No visa apart from spousal visa (under EU directive 2004) is guaranteed. All other visa categories depends on the visa officer's discrection.
All you need to do is to submit all the required documents which also still do not guarantee visa. Be purposefully in your application and even if you are not granted visa try other time execpt they give you chance to appeal. You can only appeal when you think the reason given for the refusal is not cogent and that you can provide all the evidence to prove this. Otherwise go for fresh application.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by johnson11(m): 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2010
Can someone kindly assist me with my question pls
johnson11:

@
Ashiri_IQ and Iyke i applied for my sister spring 2011 and all i saw was 30 credit which is 6 months courses isnt it?
I heard from someone that the embassy dont honor 6 months courses anymore is it true or not?
on studera i cant find 60 or 180 credit courses all i can find is 30 ,15 and 7.5
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by UNLEASHED(m): 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2010
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by deoyel25(m): 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2010
I have been granted a residence  permit today,    wink wink grin grin It is exactly 9 weeks today since I applied at the embassy. smiley smiley
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by deoyel25(m): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2010
Here is the translation of my decision by google translate:
NB: The some parts are replaced by * for privacy. I also withheld all names.
Case for a residence permit
Search
My Name, born my date of birth, male, citizen of Nigeria
Decisions
Migration Board decides to
- Grant you a residence permit for the period 2010-08-20 -
201*-06-30.
Order class: D
Name of Embassy Staff
Policymakers
Signed original held by the Immigration Service.
Decision sent to
Embassy of Sweden, in Abuja, U0525-2010-01324
Cc
My Name, Main Receiver
My University
Act 1:11
1 / 2
Permit units in Örebro
Name of embassy staff
Decisions
2010-07-30
Designation
My case number
Immigration Service
Permit units in Örebro
Address Riagatan one address Box 2073 SE-70 002 Orebro
Phone 0771-235 235 Fax 019 102 095
E-mail migrationsverket@migrationsverket.se Home www.migrationsverket.se Organisationsnr 202100-2163
Dokumentid: My document ID
Page 2
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by IykeD(m): 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2010
Congrats once again broda!
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by deoyel25(m): 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2010
Thanks once again bro. I'd holla you on fb to discuss about flight and other things I need to know.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 03, 2010
Deoyle, Jo o, am so happy to hear another success story here, God is not sleeping and am sure he is a Nigerian. I still cant believe that there are very few guys that applied this year., Nairaland is indeed a resource place and am glad to belong to this community of vast knowledge.

Guy start preparing your tins, you could hook up with Iyke on ticket and stuffs, Sweater, winter coat, they are very cheap here.

I will feed you guys with the outcome of my appeal, trust me

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (26) (Reply)

Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES / I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.