Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Does Love = Like - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Love = Like (3559 Views)

Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? / Does Love Realy Fades Away? / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Love = Like by bluespice(f): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2009
lol cheesy
Re: Does Love = Like by TheSeeker(m): 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2009
bluespice:

lol cheesy

My "everblue" spice why is you "lot of laughing?"
Re: Does Love = Like by bluespice(f): 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2009
im actually 'laughing out loud' wink
Re: Does Love = Like by TheSeeker(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2009
bluespice:

im actually 'laughing out loud' wink

Me know but why is you laughing out loud?
Re: Does Love = Like by bluespice(f): 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2009
cos ur always at the fore front banner carrying when anyone in so much as praises the nigerian man or woman
its funny
Re: Does Love = Like by biola44: 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2009
lol
Re: Does Love = Like by TheSeeker(m): 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2009
bluespice:

cos ur always at the fore front banner carrying when anyone in so much as praises the nigerian man or woman
its funny

Hahaha. Can you help me with flying of the banner? If you can't, can you oust my pride for us Nigerians? grin grin grin
Re: Does Love = Like by bluespice(f): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2009
if u will do what i asked on the other thread,
il yell ur chants from the mountain tops
Re: Does Love = Like by sesman(m): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2009
TheSeeker:

First of all, my post may have struck you as supporting women but no I am saying it how it is in my own world. I didn't generalize and never have. I give my opinions as it is and they cannot be unfounded. To clear the air about
sistawoman link=topic=293684.msg4158755#msg4158755 date=1247141752:

@gen2genius,

I need you to go back and re-read my posts.

-I said African men but narrowed it to my 9ja brothers because that is whom I have the most contact with and this is a 9ja site.
-I also said that chickenheads fall for the "I love you" and that the sistas I roll with are not chickenheads and dont fall for it.
-I additionally said that because they dont fall for it, and because of the underlying preconceived notion that AFRICAN MEN are shady and deceitful that this further perpetuates this myth.

Are you only interested in ideas and thoughts that stroke your pride? Are you interested in things that make you think or grow?

My reason for createing this thread was that thru healthily dialogue I am hoping to improve the r/s between AFRICAN MEN and American women. And more specificly for 9ja men and American women. Secondarily to improve the r/s between 9ja women and American women. Only thru my growth, understanding and laying all myths on the table and having them debunked in a healthily manner can I obtain knowledge and one person at a time tear down the wall between my brothas and sistas here and there.

If you would rather we go on hating each other for no valid reason then I don’t/wont ever share your viewpoints. I am all about growth and refuse to stand frozen because of lies, innuendoes and misconceptions.

I am married to a wonderful, romantic, intelligent, strong Nigerian Man and I love him with ever molecule of my mind, body and soul. I am just hoping to prove that he is not the only 9ja man out there like that.

TheSeeker:

First of all, my post may have struck you as supporting women but no I am saying it how it is in my own world. I didn't generalize and never have. I give my opinions as it is and they cannot be unfounded. To clear the air about the thread ElRazur started, I didn't talk about the man who killed his wife to support the women but I did because that was the closest example I could recall at that moment to display how people kill better yet claim to love their victim-- it ain't like I have to google up whatever I have to make as an example. (Did you later see an example where I mentioned that Steve McNair was killed by his 20-year old girlfriend?) Then he said that wasn't the topic but did you see all my posts after all? Did you see how I blamed the girl? Did you see where I defended ElRazur when Bluespice and FL Gators accused him and NL respectively of being sexist because of the topic he used at first? Did you see Bluespice make an apology to ElRazur after I made her realize he never sounded sexist but she termed it out on her own? I guess not. Did you see where I examined that girls under 21 years are baggage of emotional trauma? No I don't you think you did-- if those that fall in that group were to see that, what do you think they'd say about that? Name another post where you think I have supported women and absolutely off line with the topic.

In as much as I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, I still am of the belief that it should be done with all sincerity at least from your world it should strike you as being entirely sincere and not out to impress or gain applauds from anyone which is entirely out of my aim of making my comments. We both have different comprehension of what sistawoman is trying to say. I still don't see it as if she's saying they have caused a lot of problems in the States --- from my understanding she's saying that 9JA men relationship wise get disregarded and less respected because of how 9JA guys go on wooing girls with the saying "I love you" topping their lines. She also went ahead to say the American woman looks down - in terms of relationships - on a Nigerian woman because of the way they believe to have been  falling for guys at the ranting of "I love you" --  This I know might be very true or at the least to some considerable extent. For instance and not meaning to steer off the topic, Nigerians are seen as, if not fraudsters, a bad and very negative influence or a drug peddler(but are all Nigerians that way?)-- even if you have a very fine job and trustworthy personality they see you a very questionable figure as long as you're a holder of the green passport -- most don't want to know if you're clean, have a good job or whatever. Just as almost every American thinks an Arab is a threat to wherever he is and that's because of what Bush imbibed them to believe about Arabs and the chaos Arabs have perpetrated themselves has in no way helped people think otherwise. Information and word go through everywhere because Americans like every other westerners like to pass on information and keep abreast of current happenings.

I have cause to believe that you didn't understand some parts of my post here earlier. I said in one of my arguments that girls should be blamed for that trend because when you try expressing yourself the right manner as much as your feelings allow you, they still turn you down thinking you're a player who's out to f**k them and leave them at the earliest available excuse to puncture the relationship -- now guys have to follow suit and do what will impress them even if they know it won't convey their exact feelings but long as it sways the women who cares. Still I blame it hard on the women because when you fall for anything, then guys will employ that tactics in getting them. No I still am not blaming the men neither am I exaggerating at all. I'm just saying it as it is from my end. The poster probably isn't happy with the way 9JA men are turned down  because they are used to the way they talk to Nigerian girls when in fact they have true feelings and the American women misconstrue that for shady and deceitful assertions.
sistawoman:

@gen2genius,

-I said African men but narrowed it to my 9ja brothers because that is whom I have the most contact with and this is a 9ja site.
-I also said that chickenheads fall for the "I love you" and that the sistas I roll with are not chickenheads and dont fall for it.
-I additionally said that because they dont fall for it, and because of the underlying preconceived notion that AFRICAN MEN are shady and deceitful that this further perpetuates this myth.

Are you only interested in ideas and thoughts that stroke your pride? Are you interested in things that make you think or grow?

My reason for createing this thread was that thru healthily dialogue I am hoping to improve the r/s between AFRICAN MEN and American women. And more specificly for 9ja men and American women. Secondarily to improve the r/s between 9ja women and American women. Only thru my growth, understanding and laying all myths on the table and having them debunked in a healthily manner can I obtain knowledge and one person at a time tear down the wall between my brothas and sistas here and there.

If you would rather we go on hating each other for no valid reason then I don’t/wont ever share your viewpoints. I am all about growth and refuse to stand frozen because of lies, innuendoes and misconceptions.

I am married to a wonderful, romantic, intelligent, strong Nigerian Man and I love him with ever molecule of my mind, body and soul. I am just hoping to prove that he is not the only 9ja man out there like that.

TheSeeker:

First of all, my post may have struck you as supporting women but no I am saying it how it is in my own world. I didn't generalize and never have. I give my opinions as it is and they cannot be unfounded. To clear the air about the thread ElRazur started, I didn't talk about the man who killed his wife to support the women but I did because that was the closest example I could recall at that moment to display how people kill better yet claim to love their victim-- it ain't like I have to google up whatever I have to make as an example. (Did you later see an example where I mentioned that Steve McNair was killed by his 20-year old girlfriend?) Then he said that wasn't the topic but did you see all my posts after all? Did you see how I blamed the girl? Did you see where I defended ElRazur when Bluespice and FL Gators accused him and NL respectively of being sexist because of the topic he used at first? Did you see Bluespice make an apology to ElRazur after I made her realize he never sounded sexist but she termed it out on her own? I guess not. Did you see where I examined that girls under 21 years are baggage of emotional trauma? No I don't you think you did-- if those that fall in that group were to see that, what do you think they'd say about that? Name another post where you think I have supported women and absolutely off line with the topic.

In as much as I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, I still am of the belief that it should be done with all sincerity at least from your world it should strike you as being entirely sincere and not out to impress or gain applauds from anyone which is entirely out of my aim of making my comments. We both have different comprehension of what sistawoman is trying to say. I still don't see it as if she's saying they have caused a lot of problems in the States --- from my understanding she's saying that 9JA men relationship wise get disregarded and less respected because of how 9JA guys go on wooing girls with the saying "I love you" topping their lines. She also went ahead to say the American woman looks down - in terms of relationships - on a Nigerian woman because of the way they believe to have been  falling for guys at the ranting of "I love you" --  This I know might be very true or at the least to some considerable extent. For instance and not meaning to steer off the topic, Nigerians are seen as, if not fraudsters, a bad and very negative influence or a drug peddler(but are all Nigerians that way?)-- even if you have a very fine job and trustworthy personality they see you a very questionable figure as long as you're a holder of the green passport -- most don't want to know if you're clean, have a good job or whatever. Just as almost every American thinks an Arab is a threat to wherever he is and that's because of what Bush imbibed them to believe about Arabs and the chaos Arabs have perpetrated themselves has in no way helped people think otherwise. Information and word go through everywhere because Americans like every other westerners like to pass on information and keep abreast of current happenings.

I have cause to believe that you didn't understand some parts of my post here earlier. I said in one of my arguments that girls should be blamed for that trend because when you try expressing yourself the right manner as much as your feelings allow you, they still turn you down thinking you're a player who's out to f**k them and leave them at the earliest available excuse to puncture the relationship -- now guys have to follow suit and do what will impress them even if they know it won't convey their exact feelings but long as it sways the women who cares. Still I blame it hard on the women because when you fall for anything, then guys will employ that tactics in getting them. No I still am not blaming the men neither am I exaggerating at all. I'm just saying it as it is from my end. The poster probably isn't happy with the way 9JA men are turned down  because they are used to the way they talk to Nigerian girls when in fact they have true feelings and the American women misconstrue that for shady and deceitful assertions.
bluespice:

lol cheesy
sistawoman:

@gen2genius,

There are millions of naija men all over the world like you described your husband, so you dont need to prove nothing  grin

P S, you will also find these men everywhere else in the world be it, Africa, Asia, Eyrope, Ameria, etc  grin
Re: Does Love = Like by TheSeeker(m): 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2009
bluespice:

if u will do what i asked on the other thread,
il yell ur chants from the mountain tops

I asked how you wanted it and no response came through. Tell me oooooooooooo
Re: Does Love = Like by bluespice(f): 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2009
oh but i did! wink
Re: Does Love = Like by sexylogan(m): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2009
love isnt the same as like. u can like someone without loving them and vice-versa.
i can think im in love with a girl just becuz she's beautiful but u can only say u
truly love someone when u've gotten to know them. undecided
Re: Does Love = Like by TheSeeker(m): 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2009
sexylogan:

love isnt the same as like. u can like someone without loving them and vice-versa.
i can think im in love with a girl just becuz she's beautiful but u can only say u
truly love someone when u've gotten to know them. undecided

How can you love someone without liking them first? wink grin
Re: Does Love = Like by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2009
@topic
Typical
Re: Does Love = Like by omonija1(f): 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2009
Wow, now I know. I've also been wondering why Nigerian men in Nigerian I talk to mistake love with like with the fact that they know nothing about the person.

Thanks to facebook, I've been able to reconnect with some of my old male friends from primary school and after they see my pics, i guess, they start to profess their love for me. I was even talking to one of them and explaining the meaning of love and I was pissed as hell because he didn't seem to get it or even care to understand. He was so stuck on the love. I was like ehhhh, oga oo,

anyways, i hope some men can learn from this sha.
Re: Does Love = Like by Kunbee: 12:17am On Jul 10, 2009
TheSeeker:

I believe that.
Just messing withcha. But what kind of lyrics really? Give me a hint. Wa, i, t, i, i, n, g,

I dont know any cos im not a guy and besides u wrote a nice one back there, the point is grammar is confusing 4 some peeps and 2 much bollywood and nollywood movies dat declare love at first sight which is by the way infatuation
In Naija guys toasting dictionary:
Like: want 2 be friands wiv benefits, or just rebound gal or use u to pass time until some1 he "loves" strolles by therby the term chewing gum boyfriend cos he's useless 2 u except on bedmatics
Love: the epitome of affection more than like less than love but doesnt know how to use it cos if he utters "likes" u know dat means and therby the term official magar so other bitches keep off cos hes on lockdown buy stuff and yadi yada yada

As i said its not compulsory but necessary 2 be with some1 who understands and speaks english not all those mofos who slept in class when Mrs Makinde was teaching them english in sec. shl or staring at her ass when she wrote on the whiteboard, but this like=love doesnt apply 2 everyone and depends on both parties
Re: Does Love = Like by iice(f): 5:25am On Jul 10, 2009
omonija1:

Wow, now I know. I've also been wondering why Nigerian men in Nigerian I talk to mistake love with like with the fact that they know nothing about the person.

Thanks to facebook, I've been able to reconnect with some of my old male friends from primary school and after they see my pics, i guess, they start to profess their love for me. I was even talking to one of them and explaining the meaning of love and I was pissed as hell because he didn't seem to get it or even care to understand. He was so stuck on the love. I was like ehhhh, oga oo,

anyways, i hope some men can learn from this sha.

LOL!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why She Didn't Reply Your Pm(mail) / Man Says His Manhood Mistakenly Entered A Teenager (photo) / Why Do Guys Always Suspect Girls Who Shows Interest In Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.