Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,343 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text (14274 Views)

TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by JackBizzle: 9:10am On Feb 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The Old Testament of the Bible was written centuries ago and two different verses in the book of Psalms described those who didnt believe in God as fools - meaning atheists must have existed at that time or even before it . So I agree with the topic smiley

Good, good.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 20, 2016
JackBizzle:

Atheism is not a rival church or religion.

By the way, why not mention the torture devices, genocidal crusades and suppression of knowledge (science) tactics your catholic church invented?

grin

Realest stuff I've seen on here. Preach bro. The Catholic Church is responsible. I remember the Spanish inquisition, the other one where they go on witch hunts killing without hard evidence, even going after intellectuals like Nostradamus, Da Vinci, & other smart people of their time. They suppress knowledge, cutting out the Apocryphas & the book of Enoch, changing Bible text all in a plot to gain control & amass wealth, power.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by JackBizzle: 9:35am On Feb 20, 2016
Kazna69:

Realest stuff I've seen on here. Preach bro. The Catholic Church is responsible. I remember the Spanish inquisition, the other one where they go on witch hunts killing without hard evidence, even going after intellectuals like Nostradamus, Da Vinci, & other smart people of their time. They suppress knowledge, cutting out the Apocryphas & the book of Enoch, changing Bible text all in a plot to gain control & amass wealth, power.

I was a catholic myself....until I read about catholic history

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by mmsen: 9:45am On Feb 20, 2016
It's funny how Italo keeps talking about 'Atheism' as though it is a body in the manner of the Catholic Church.

To be an atheist is to deny the theory of god/gods.

As to the comment about the Catholic Church being one of the world's biggest charities - the charitable sector is one of the best ways of perpetuating fraud.

The Catholic Church has its own bank through which it has laundered mafia proceeds - money made from prostitution, gambling, illicit drugs and other vices that the mother church likes to preach against.

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 20, 2016
JackBizzle:

I was a catholic myself....until I read about catholic history

... Above all things, seek wisdom. smiley
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by italo: 10:41am On Feb 20, 2016
mmsen:
It's funny how Italo keeps talking about 'Atheism' as though it is a body in the manner of the Catholic Church.

I don't talk like that. I just say that Atheism has nothing to offer humanity but bitterness, emptiness and destruction. While the Catholic Church offers health care, education, various forms of help to people in need, including atheists.
mmsen:

To be an atheist is to deny the theory of god/gods.

As to the comment about the Catholic Church being one of the world's biggest charities - the charitable sector is one of the best ways of perpetuating fraud.
It's not "one of the..." It's the biggest charity organization in the world. Do you have proof of fraud...or you're just jealous that some humans love to do good while you sit in emptiness and bitterness.

mmsen:

The Catholic Church has its own bank through which it has laundered mafia proceeds - money made from prostitution, gambling, illicit drugs and other vices that the mother church likes to preach against.

No proof. Envious hater trying hard to discredit good works done for humanity because he and his fellow atheists can't do it.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by CoolUsername: 10:42am On Feb 20, 2016
italo:
Plundering which people? When and where?

You're just bitter that the Catholic Church is the biggest charity in the world offering education, health care and other help to billions in the world, while Atheism only offers bitterness, emptiness and destruction.

Damn gurl, you really hate us, right? Can't blame you too much though, you're just doing what you were told.

Just want you to know that we're here to stay, so you should try to come to terms with that.
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by italo: 10:46am On Feb 20, 2016
Kazna69:

You're confused. It was protestants that cut out the Apocryphas, that's why they have 66 books in their bible. We have the Apocryphas, we call then Deuterocanonical books till date in our Bible of 73 books.

This is just to show how all you wrote up there is driven by ignorance and hate. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by italo: 10:48am On Feb 20, 2016
CoolUsername:

Damn gurl, you really hate us, right? Can't blame you too much though, you're just doing what you were told.

Just want you to know that we're here to stay, so you should try to come to terms with that.

You're arguing against your own imagination.

I never said I hate you, neither was I taught so.

You're just deviating because you don't want to face the truth I'm telling.
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by CoolUsername: 10:58am On Feb 20, 2016
italo:

You're arguing against your own imagination.

I never said I hate you, neither was I taught so.

You're just deviating because you don't want to face the truth I'm telling.

You said we bring about destruction, but it's your who promises destruction to show us his awesome superpowers.

Anyway, we all know about the activities of the Church in the Dark Ages, don't we? Does the Spanish inquisition ring a bell to you?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by mmsen: 11:03am On Feb 20, 2016
italo:

I don't talk like that. I just say that Atheism has nothing to offer humanity but bitterness, emptiness and destruction. While the Catholic Church offers health care, education, various forms of help to people in need, including atheists.

It's not "one of the..." It's the biggest charity organization in the world. Do you have proof of fraud...or you're just jealous that some humans love to do good while you sit in emptiness and bitterness.

No proof. Envious hater trying hard to discredit good works done for humanity because he and his fellow atheists can't do it.

The scandal at the Vatican bank - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/3029390a-5c68-11e3-931e-00144feabdc0.html

Vatican Bank 'allowed clergy to act as front for Mafia' - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vatican-bank-allowed-clergy-to-act-as-front-for-mafia-2158692.html

Vatican bank image hurt as JP Morgan closes account
- http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-vatican-bank-idUKBRE82I0P820120319

Vatican Makes Money Laundering List Of U.S. State Department - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/09/vatican-money-laundering_n_1334704.html

Embezzlement Is Found in Many Catholic Dioceses - http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/05/us/05church.html

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 20, 2016
I don't think it's honest trying to defend the atrocities committed in the name of the church in the past. You can say it's anti Christian move reflecting the hijack of the church by devilish men. Trying to say it never happened is not only dishonest but also inhuman.

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by JackBizzle: 11:12am On Feb 20, 2016
Reyginus:
I don't think it's honest trying to defend the atrocities committed in the name of the church in the past. You can say it's anti Christian move reflecting the hijack of the church by devilish men. Trying to say it never happened is not only dishonest but also inhuman.

^^^
@ Italo, please learn not lie and prostituute yourself for the catholic church. Can you see the honesty from your mate, Reyginus?

Good one, Reyginus
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by JackBizzle: 11:13am On Feb 20, 2016
mmsen:

The scandal at the Vatican bank - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/3029390a-5c68-11e3-931e-00144feabdc0.html

Vatican Bank 'allowed clergy to act as front for Mafia' - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vatican-bank-allowed-clergy-to-act-as-front-for-mafia-2158692.html

Vatican Makes Money Laundering List Of U.S. State Department - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/09/vatican-money-laundering_n_1334704.html

Embezzlement Is Found in Many Catholic Dioceses - http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/05/us/05church.html

Italo, come and deny this one na?
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by plaetton: 2:20pm On Feb 20, 2016
italo:

Serious? Yet Atheism waited for Catholic Church to come and invent hospices, modern university system, become the single biggest charity organization in the world, etc

Atheism must be useless then.

C'mon italo.
You don fall my hand.

Haba. Do you suffer this half-think disease as well?

Atheism, unlike the Catholic Church, is not an organization.
Atheism, unlike the catholic church, is not the oldest, most continuous political Chancery in history.

Atheism, unlike the mother Church, is not a 2000 yr old social engineering platform.

But atheism has given us philosophies and philosophers.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by italo: 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
plaetton:

C'mon italo.
You don fall my hand.

Atheism, unlike the catholic church, is not the oldest, most continuous political Chancery in history.

Atheism, unlike the mother Church, is not a 2000 yr old social engineering platform.

Which philosophy has Atheism given humanity...

And how has this philosophy benefited humanity?
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by italo: 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
Reyginus:

I concur. Anyone trying to say any atrocity that actually happened, never happened, is being inhuman...

...and anyone trying to say good works done for humanity in the name of God and the Church, never happened, is being inhuman.
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
plaetton:

C'mon italo.
You don fall my hand.

And megalomaniacs , scums , scallywags , psychopaths smiley
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
mmsen:

Its called the Bank of MMSEN . Based in my-friend-will-you-provide-credible-sources-and-stop-talking-nonsense

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by italo: 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2016
mmsen:

I don't know if you read the links you posted or you just searched on Google for any negative financial news about the Church, then posted.

All that is in the links is allegations, arrests, surveys. I didn't see a single case of any one acting on behalf of the Church found guilty for anything.

Also, if I help my parish in offering collection, then steal part of the money, does that mean that the Charity works of the Catholic Church in my parish and all over the world are aimed at stealing money? Of course not. But you're bitter and scatter-brained. You can't understand that.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by italo: 4:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
JackBizzle:

^^^
@ Italo, please learn not lie and prostituute yourself for the catholic church. Can you see the honesty from your mate, Reyginus?

Good one, Reyginus

I don't know what you stand for. You said there's an afterlife...yes or no?
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by italo: 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
After 52 posts, only plaetton has has been able to say that atheism gives us philosophies (that he can't specify or mention)
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by CoolUsername: 4:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
italo:

Which philosophy has Atheism given humanity...

And how has this philosophy benefited humanity?

It allows people break out of indoctrination and have an identity of their own. No self-flagellation to purge sin or anything like that. Nobody is perfect, so there's no such thing is papal infallibility, no book is perfect, nothing is above criticism.

If we don't check ourselves, we become trapped in our views, too jaded to listen to differing opinions and that's wrong.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by mmsen: 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
italo:
After 52 posts, only plaetton has has been able to say that atheism gives us philosophies (that he can't specify or mention)
Atheism is not a body of work or a collection of books, fairytales or even a creed. It is the absence of belief in the numerous mythical gods that mankind has created.

Many people who have not bought into the lie of religion (some of whom have been forced to bow to the power of the church in order to access their vast resources) have dedicated their lives to finding out about the world, hence why we have modern health care and other scientific discoveries that the church has deemed heretical (Galileo for example).

The Catholic Church is one of the world's wealthiest organizations - giving something back to the sheep that they loot every week by way of emotional robbery is not something that should be praised. What they do is akin to a serial carjacker giving one chosen victim bus fare to get home.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The Old Testament of the Bible was written centuries ago and two different verses in the book of Psalms described those who didnt believe in God as fools - meaning atheists must have existed at that time or even before it . So I agree with the topic smiley

So if the Bible hadn't mentioned it, the article would be false?
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by JackBizzle: 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2016
italo:

And I would say that he is wrong. Atheism is just the disbelief in God. It is pretty much empty after that. In reality, there is no such thing as "atheist philosophy".

It would be like saying there are people that do not believe in fairies. We call them A-fairiests. Would there be anything like a-fairiest philosophy? No!! So why is there now atheist philosophy?
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by JackBizzle: 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
italo:

I don't know what you stand for. You said there's an afterlife...yes or no?

I never said that there's an afterlife. I don't like this your strawman method of arguing. I stated that the villagers gave the terminally ill to the herbalist to help them pass on to the afterlife- the villagers believe it, while I do not.
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by JackBizzle: 6:42pm On Feb 20, 2016
italo:

I don't know if you read the links you posted or you just searched on Google for any negative financial news about the Church, then posted.

All that is in the links is allegations, arrests, surveys. I didn't see a single case of any one acting on behalf of the Church found guilty for anything.

Also, if I help my parish in offering collection, then steal part of the money, does that mean that the Charity works of the Catholic Church in my parish and all over the world are aimed at stealing money? Of course not. But you're bitter and scatter-brained. You can't understand that.

This guy ehh....you can lie for the catholic church.

The article tying the vatican to fronting for mafia money is what? It is a lie abi?

mtchew.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

So if the Bible hadn't mentioned it, the article would be false?

never said or implied that smiley

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

never said or implied that smiley
It's a question.
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by dukum: 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
italo:

You're confused. It was protestants that cut out the Apocryphas, that's why they have 66 books in their bible. We have the Apocryphas, we call then Deuterocanonical books till date in our Bible of 73 books.

This is just to show how all you wrote up there is driven by ignorance and hate. smiley

Truly Na ignorance my brother,i say this time and time again.....let us all stick to our beliefs and live others be.
Re: Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text by wiegraf: 12:04am On Feb 21, 2016
PastorAIO:

Maybe this article will address it fuller to your satisfaction:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/atheism-is-as-old-as-religion-new-study-suggests-a6879341.html

thank you kind ser. It does indeed clear things up. He seems to be suggesting we atheists were about as widespread then as we are now, and that is certainly not a common (or accepted historically, I presume, read: I dunno) notion. But he does seem to have data to back him up.

And this article from that site, perfect for a reasonable troll discussion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Is A True Man Of God? / 8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. / Powerfull Spiritual Command with six and seven books of moses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.