Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Why South East Is Doomed - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why South East Is Doomed (5921 Views)

Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried / Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried / Again, South-east Leads In WASSCE Performance Chart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by cckris: 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
Truth is bitter. The writer is most likely one of those Yoruba Christians, who wish the Igbos well. Anyone against him doesn't know a thing.

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

Jeez, did you say this or it popped out of your mouth, I am not embittered about your region, but I hate the fact that you people would prefer to criticise SW Governors than your own Governors... You will leave your village and come to Lagos to criticise Ambode whereas an Ikpeazu is Mortgaging your future and you keep quiet about it. Smhow

i.diot! Its not smhow.......its smh ( shakes my head!)
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by explorer250(m): 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2016
mandarin:
You are not the first person to serve in this part of the country and complain the same way. I once met a lady, serving NYSC member whose admission year to her university was the same with my niece. At that time my niece was in 300level so I asked how come she could serve that fast from IMSU I think taking cognizance of the fact that there were many nationwide ASUU strike at the time which affected all schools. To my amazement, she said they usually would resume to write exam once any strike action was over in order to keep pace with the school calender.I was shocked! That is not the type of graduate I want in my office, its a no no to me. My friends that served in Anambra complained on worse scenario and most of the moneybags guys there just pay to pass SSCE.
Don't get me wrong exam malpractice is widespread in Nigeria but the extent is more in that part of Nigeria that if it should be copied elsewhere virtually all will be making five credits.
I often laugh when guys cone here to post how their states or region is leading in education or results etc, when the time comes, you will see the result.
I will advise government and examination bodies need to pay serious attention to how exams are conducted, but when principals and teachers are seriously involved, what else can you say?

I just don't under so the problem you guys. you can't just say that malpractice is more in this side of the country when you have no Fact to back it up. my cousins have served in the western part of the country and they also experience bad and wrong things with their educational systems. there was this my guy that travelled to Ogun to write his wassce in a remote part of ogun. he told me that when the exam paper is served some of the students takes their scripts outside the examination hall to the back of the school were mercenaries write the exam for them and the invigilator will do nothing because he has been bribed with huge cash. I have also heard many things about western states from many people but I won't just come to the internet because they are doing educationally great than us. when you guys were leading we took it in good faith so just do the same for us. you guys need to understand that u can't lead for ever so just accept that.

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by Iykopeee: 3:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
The brown roof op thinks he has a case to present here... Well, i served in ekiti state. This matter ( exam malpractice )is worse overthere..

4 Likes

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
Iykopeee:
The brown roof op thinks he has a case to present here... Well, i served in ekiti state. This matter ( exam malpractice )is worse overthere..
You guys are all pathetic I repeat, for the mere fact that I exposed your yansh here means I must be Yoruba What a tribe, what an identity, what a loss.. From Onyeka to Ebuka, You all blame others for your woes.... I dey laff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by akinyeleaa: 3:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
This was exactly why I said Abia can't be number 1 on that same thread too that day, I also served in Abia, even in that local govt u have the Nysc camp. I served in Orji Uzor Kalu's community and I can tell you these people prefer going to farms than schools. Don't get me wrong, SE can be the best, but not Abia, maybe Anambra or Enugu

But op, ur post too harsh na

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2016
akinyeleaa:
This was exactly why I said Abia can't be number 1 on that same thread too that day, I also served in Abia, even in that local govt u have the Nysc camp. I served in Orji Uzor Kalu's community and I can tell you these people prefer going to farms than schools. Don't get me wrong, SE can be the best, but not Abia, maybe Anambra or Enugu

Guy I know harsh ohh, just being truthful... They pride themselves on lies na... If we all keep quiet, would the truth come out
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by akinyeleaa: 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

Guy I know harsh ohh, just being truthful... They pride themselves on lies na... If we all keep quiet, would the truth come out
That's true tho. They always believe anyone saying the truth hates them always.
Honestly I had always thought the situation would be better in Umuahia at least being the capital city.
Imagine a state where students have the guts to chase their own principal with machete during a protest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by explorer250(m): 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

you have already said your problem and you are Yoruba "why would they come to Lagos and criticise ambode"
you talk about "truth, fact and evidences" why don't you show us your evidence or when did mere speculations become evidence?

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by akinyeleaa: 4:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
explorer250:

in a REMOTE PART of ogun.
Is Umuahia a remote part of Abia?
Is Ibeku in a remote place?
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
explorer250:

you have already said your problem and you are Yoruba "why would they come to Lagos and criticise ambode"
you talk about "truth, fact and evidences" why don't you show us your evidence or when did mere speculations become evidence?
You and I know this is a fact, and I can stick out my chest on it. Bro, Its not about hatred, you guys should learn to do some home searching to better the lot of the upcoming ones. I met quite a few wonderful Ibo peeps who I respect but we must say what needs to be said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by explorer250(m): 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2016
akinyeleaa:

Is Umuahia a remote part of Abia?
Is Ibeku in a remote place?

malpractice is the same irrespective of where it is done. aba north and south osisioma obingwa and ugwunagbo LGA is the most developed part of abia state not umuahia
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by Intrepid01(m): 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I am not in any quarrel with him.
If you want to state an observation critically, you do it maturely but his thread are deprived of such.
Its just a ranting with no evidence.
Social Media can be a powerful tool.
Trying to Tarnish the image of hardworking students is wrong and condenmable.

Yea I quite agree with you....BTW kinda like your signature tho!
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by Intrepid01(m): 4:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
asha80:
let us say an Igbo person opened this thread with the same title because of poor performance of sw youths in waec what do you think would be the response from sw dudes here?

I agree with you, the response will be the same if not worse.

But we all need to thread the path of caution.

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by explorer250(m): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

You and I know this is a fact, and I can stick out my chest on it. Bro, Its not about hatred, you guys should learn to do some home searching to better the lot of the upcoming ones. I met quite a few wonderful Ibo peeps who I respect but we must say what needs to be said.

so are you saying that there is no part of south west that engages in malprae? until you tell me why South East is leading in highest cut off mark you have no case. bye

2 Likes

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
explorer250:

malpractice is the same irrespective of where it is done. aba north and south osisioma obingwa and ugwunagbo LGA is the most developed part of abia state not umuahia
Jeez.....Oga pls come down, I don't this although I didn't go there while was in Abia, if this is true then its absurd
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
explorer250:

Jeez.....Oga pls come down, I doubt this although I didn't go there while was in Abia, if this is true then its absurd
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by CyberWolf: 4:33pm On Feb 18, 2016
OP if you want to cure your ignorance, just organize a debate competition between your brownroof state public schools and Abia State public school lets start from there.. Ode! angry

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by X21: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:
I came across a media shocker few weeks ago, maybe it was a shocker to me because I had an on-the-spot assessment or because I truly knew what happened as to what the media reported. I need to say that our media has lost focus entirely; the days of investigative journalism are almost forgotten. Journalists take stories and report hook, line and sinker without cross-checking facts. Facts are sacred and they must be sought out since they do not appear on the surface, you dig them out.
The shocker was “South East Leads Again in WASSCE Exams” and most ridiculously Abia state was leading the chart. I gasped for seconds when I saw the news but quickly recovered myself.
Brief History
I was posted to Abia state and reported to duty on the hills of Umunna Bende around Ohafia LG, camp opened on August 5, 2014, after the usual rigor, we were posted out to our PPAs. I was posted to a secondary school in Umuahia north; Umuahia north housed the state house, assembly complex and the capital itself, Umuahia north was supposed to be the best part of Abia. I resumed teaching after the Ebola break from the Federal Government was over. I was supposed to take Economics. Quickly for fact checkers, Umuahia north has schools like Ibeku High school, Government Gollege Umuahia, Holy Rosary Secondary school, Williams Memorial Secondary school, among others. I taught Economics in One of these schools. When I resumed and the Dean of studies saw my grade and school, he said I was going to take SS2 and SS3 Economics. I asked if there was no Economics teacher in the school. He smiled and said there is but I would take the two classes. When I met the supposed Economics teacher and we talked for a while I understood why the man smiled. He was better off as Home economics teacher.
Fast forward to teaching my students Economics, I saw exceptionally dumb students with pride in SS3, I had to routinely take the ones in SS2 some maths topics before I introduced some concepts in Economics to them. The same students had the highest credits in WASSCE with Mathematics and English. These was the same time that T.A Orji (Most Useless Governor apart from Fayose) was owing teachers salary for months and arrears for years, I was shocked because I saw the teachers come to school a times once or twice a week since they were being owed salaries, so they had to do other jobs, so who taught these students to such outstanding performance in WASSCE? How can teachers not be adequately trained and taken care of, and their students come out in flying colours. I am beginning to think if this is what obtains in Abia and they still come out tops, then the same exists in other South Eastern states. I was around when the NECO and WAEC exams were taken, I was surprised. From Principal to Vice principal to school gatemen; they were partners in exam malpractice. I saw bogus arrangement of exam malpractice I hadn’t seen before in my life. The students begged me to come on the day they had Economics but I declined. I asked a serious student about what obtained on that day, it was super malpractice. I was in school on days they offered subjects like Maths, English and Physics and I tell you it was horrendous. Those guys are shameless. It was pathetic. I saw the VP (Academics) giving expo to his daughters that were writing the exams. If I decide to write down the length and breadth of exam malpractice I saw on that day. I would bore you.
Whenever I teach the SS3 students and I ask a question, they would reply in Igbo until I shut them up and tell them to speak in English, and these are the same guys that had credits in English language. I dey laff.
They would gladly tell you that they can’t wait to get done with school and go into business (with the exception of a few who were serious, say 30 percent). They love cutting grasses that staying in classes, they would gladly jump out to play football matches when they are supposed to be in class. They lacked content, no functional laboratories, the libraries are non existent, the teachers more concerned with their business outside and holding staff meetings where they talk about farm lands allotted to them and how another teacher was stealing their crop. At a point I stopped attending the meetings. I had an encounter with a Professor at ABSU (Abia State University), which is the best University in Abia, this man can’t stand me if we were to meet at a paper presentation. You are supposed to meet Professors and see a repository of knowledge, an avalanche of information, but it was the opposite. In fact check out the ranking of ABSU in Nigeria’s University index. You will laff. When I visited MOUAU, it wasn’t different. The students were not better than my SS3 students. If South west should be worried, then South east is doomed. Education reflects, it shows, it is tenable in what you do and how you do what you do. How can you claim to always have the highest number of credits in the country when those credits translate to producing fake Aba shoes or a disjointed opinion of reality. I remember speaking to a lecturer at ABSU about why Buhari has my support before the elections took place, he said Buffon Goodluck Jonathan was the best man. I asked why and told him to state one thing that he has enjoyed from GEJ, after he bowed his head he said well although he hasn’t gained anything from GEJ but Buhari has an Islamist Agenda and he is not suitable for the job. Look at that line of thought. Shallow, myopic and that was the norm there I tell you. Sentiments, not Superior arguments. Most of my Corp mates were handling subjects as Physics, Maths, Chem, Biology because they virtually had no qualified teacher in this subjects and yet they had credits. I dey laff.
Education is supposed to be a means to an end, how can you tell us you won a match when the referee was your team coach, stop deceiving yourselves with high credits that do not transmit to University achievement. Anybody can cross check these facts; I challenge the media, WAEC (Nigeria) and concerned bodies on vetting these claims. I just had to do these to straighten the records. If I hadn’t served in Abia, I would have believed these lies too. Abia state and South east should do some home checking, deceit would only injure their generation in the long run.
I typed this quite fast, so some errors might be inherent. Pls ignore.
Cheers. Playdude.
Cc Lalasticlala
If a thread prepondered on falsehood ran its way to the frontpage, then I think one that exposes such falsehood should do better

What you have described above is a typical Nigeria public school situation. It is not region specific. Did you by anyway evaluate what obtains in private schools too?. I know that there is a correlation between individual self determination to succeed and final exam result. this relationship may not correlate with schooling environment, did you look at that angle too.

Also the narration is not backed up by data. What a reader will believe will depend on his pre conditioned view. the debate is still very open

2 Likes

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
CyberWolf:
OP if you want to cure your ignorance, just organize a debate competition between your brownroof state public schools and Abia State public school lets start from there.. Ode! angry
Anofia.. That's suicide for your peeps in Abia naa... I supervised the debate team of my school so I know what obtains there.
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by akinyeleaa: 4:41pm On Feb 18, 2016
explorer250:

Olodo, na u go dey tell me where develop pass, I guess u don't know the difference between the capital city and the most developed.
Having said that, I still maintain Abia isn't it, maybe Anambra or Enugu, definitely not Abia, Una sabi aw many months salary Ochendo owe, even corpers fa. Like 3 times wey ma boys them wan protest o, before Li say corpers no get right to protest. And u expect this same tutors to put in their best abi
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by zikIPE: 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
First of all, i ask that seun richiez lalasticlala myndd44 obinoscopy afam4eva and all other sane mods shut down this thread.

Secondly, i'd like to clear the air on this matter before the thread is shut down.
I had my secondary education years ago in abia state and i'll have you know that the state has an abundance of private schools who are dedicated to instilling discipline and knowledge in young adults. I do not know if the deranged OP served in a public or private school but one thing is sure....He is deranged. Only a deranged, jealous and hateful man will judge the whole Abia state based on figures gotten from one school in Ibeku. I may not know your ethnicity but if i am to judge you based on what a section of your ethnic group has done, i doubt you'll pass scrutiny.
Lastly, follow Ben Murray Bruce on twitter. He might have some spare sense to dash you

4 Likes

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by CyberWolf: 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

Anofia.. That's suicide for your peeps in Abia naa... I supervised the debate team of my school so I know what obtains there.
Mouth action!

2 Likes

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by akinyeleaa: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

Jeez.....Oga pls come down, I doubt this although I didn't go there while was in Abia, if this is true then its absurd
Me, I went there, I tour Abia small, even the aba he is talking about isn't much different. Place wey students dey threaten corpers, even principal sef no fit do anything, dem chase them with cutlass fa
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
akinyeleaa:

Olodo, na u go dey tell me where develop pass, I guess u don't know the difference between the capital city and the most developed.
Having said that, I still maintain Abia isn't it, maybe Anambra or Enugu, definitely not Abia, Una sabi aw many months salary Ochendo owe, even corpers fa. Like 3 times wey ma boys them wan protest o, before Li say corpers no get right to protest. And u expect this same tutors to put in their best abi
Ochendo proudly owed all corpers in my batch in public schools 4 months allowance.
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by MrEverest(m): 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Stop this silly propaganda borne out of hatred and bitter envy!
Abia have standard and competent secondary schools that attract even students from other states.
Abia and South East leading in WAEC is not a shocker to me, Anambra Govt. Secondary Schools are arguably the best in Nigeria, I have visited some of these schools.
- Nigeria can't move forward when we still have sadist who hate good things in other people or regions.
These guys from the waste are unbelievable! Imagine the nonsense that guy wrote there. I was born & schooled in the East, did NYSC in the North & once lived in the West, sentiment aside, East some of the best structures in terms of Education. I like how they choose to live in denial instead of solving their problem or looking for solution, atleast before they wake up, we will be light years ahead! What about JAMB, unity school external exams abroad, who are those leading? jealousy kills faster than Ebola. Smh at their stupidity *spits*

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
zikIPE:
First of all, i ask that seun richiez lalasticlala myndd44 obinoscopy afam4eva and all other sane mods shut down this thread.

Secondly, i'd like to clear the air on this matter before the thread is shut down.
I had my secondary education years ago in abia state and i'll have you know that the state has an abundance of private schools who are dedicated to instilling discipline and knowledge in young adults. I do not know if the deranged OP served in a public or private school but one thing is sure....He is deranged. Only a deranged, jealous and hateful man will judge the whole Abia state based on figures gotten from one school in Ibeku. I may not know your ethnicity but if i am to judge you based on what a section of your ethnic group has done, i doubt you'll pass scrutiny.
Lastly, follow Ben Murray Bruce on twitter. He might have some spare sense to dash you
Fool, so only private schools take WAEC in Abia, and have you engaged your little sense on the percentage of Private students to public school students. Now I see why your sense is the way it is. AbiaMaterial.. Perfectly foolish
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by MrEverest(m): 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
akinyeleaa:

What is the name of the school & community were you served? Do you know why I cant stop laughing? Your misery is just starting because the East will continue to lead in not just education but in all the MDG's even in many years to come. No amount of propaganda can stop it rather it will even worsen your sorry state!!

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by akinyeleaa: 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

Ochendo proudly owed all corpers in my batch in public schools 4 months allowance.
They told my colleagues at SEMB ohafia dey will pay dem after passing out, foolish people. Thank God say na private me I serve

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 5:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
MrEverest:
What is the name of the school & community were you served? Do you know why I cant stop laughing? Your misery is just starting because the East will continue to lead in not just education but in all the MDG's even in many years to come. No amount of propaganda can stop it rather it will even worsen your sorry state!!
Bro, Its no more MDGs now SDGs, stay informed. MDGs was done for in 2015..
As for leading the pack, if its on merit fine, but if otherwise, you guys would know no peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 5:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
akinyeleaa:

They told my colleagues at SEMB ohafia dey will pay dem after passing out, foolish people. Thank God say na private me I serve
Your luck ohh. The batch before us was owed 2 months, Semb told us to drop our accounts that they will credit them. Useless peeps
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by akinyeleaa: 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
MrEverest:

The community is Igberre in Bende local government, if u sabi OUK, I served in his locality, no worry, I no go Gree mention the school name.
Many of una from Abia no even know Igberre sef, the chic wey I conduct election with sef say na her first time be that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six pictures that Differentiate Between Successful And Unsuccessful People / Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria / Help!! SS1 3rd Term Maths Scheme Of Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.