Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Why South East Is Doomed - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why South East Is Doomed (5920 Views)

Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried / Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried / Again, South-east Leads In WASSCE Performance Chart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by Eddygourdo(m): 5:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:
I came across a media shocker few weeks ago, maybe it was a shocker to me because I had an on-the-spot assessment or because I truly knew what happened as to what the media reported. I need to say that our media has lost focus entirely; the days of investigative journalism are almost forgotten. Journalists take stories and report hook, line and sinker without cross-checking facts. Facts are sacred and they must be sought out since they do not appear on the surface, you dig them out.
The shocker was “South East Leads Again in WASSCE Exams” and most ridiculously Abia state was leading the chart. I gasped for seconds when I saw the news but quickly recovered myself.
Brief History
I was posted to Abia state and reported to duty on the hills of Umunna Bende around Ohafia LG, camp opened on August 5, 2014, after the usual rigor, we were posted out to our PPAs. I was posted to a secondary school in Umuahia north; Umuahia north housed the state house, assembly complex and the capital itself, Umuahia north was supposed to be the best part of Abia. I resumed teaching after the Ebola break from the Federal Government was over. I was supposed to take Economics. Quickly for fact checkers, Umuahia north has schools like Ibeku High school, Government Gollege Umuahia, Holy Rosary Secondary school, Williams Memorial Secondary school, among others. I taught Economics in One of these schools. When I resumed and the Dean of studies saw my grade and school, he said I was going to take SS2 and SS3 Economics. I asked if there was no Economics teacher in the school. He smiled and said there is but I would take the two classes. When I met the supposed Economics teacher and we talked for a while I understood why the man smiled. He was better off as Home economics teacher.
Fast forward to teaching my students Economics, I saw exceptionally dumb students with pride in SS3, I had to routinely take the ones in SS2 some maths topics before I introduced some concepts in Economics to them. The same students had the highest credits in WASSCE with Mathematics and English. These was the same time that T.A Orji (Most Useless Governor apart from Fayose) was owing teachers salary for months and arrears for years, I was shocked because I saw the teachers come to school a times once or twice a week since they were being owed salaries, so they had to do other jobs, so who taught these students to such outstanding performance in WASSCE? How can teachers not be adequately trained and taken care of, and their students come out in flying colours. I am beginning to think if this is what obtains in Abia and they still come out tops, then the same exists in other South Eastern states. I was around when the NECO and WAEC exams were taken, I was surprised. From Principal to Vice principal to school gatemen; they were partners in exam malpractice. I saw bogus arrangement of exam malpractice I hadn’t seen before in my life. The students begged me to come on the day they had Economics but I declined. I asked a serious student about what obtained on that day, it was super malpractice. I was in school on days they offered subjects like Maths, English and Physics and I tell you it was horrendous. Those guys are shameless. It was pathetic. I saw the VP (Academics) giving expo to his daughters that were writing the exams. If I decide to write down the length and breadth of exam malpractice I saw on that day. I would bore you.
Whenever I teach the SS3 students and I ask a question, they would reply in Igbo until I shut them up and tell them to speak in English, and these are the same guys that had credits in English language. I dey laff.
They would gladly tell you that they can’t wait to get done with school and go into business (with the exception of a few who were serious, say 30 percent). They love cutting grasses that staying in classes, they would gladly jump out to play football matches when they are supposed to be in class. They lacked content, no functional laboratories, the libraries are non existent, the teachers more concerned with their business outside and holding staff meetings where they talk about farm lands allotted to them and how another teacher was stealing their crop. At a point I stopped attending the meetings. I had an encounter with a Professor at ABSU (Abia State University), which is the best University in Abia, this man can’t stand me if we were to meet at a paper presentation. You are supposed to meet Professors and see a repository of knowledge, an avalanche of information, but it was the opposite. In fact check out the ranking of ABSU in Nigeria’s University index. You will laff. When I visited MOUAU, it wasn’t different. The students were not better than my SS3 students. If South west should be worried, then South east is doomed. Education reflects, it shows, it is tenable in what you do and how you do what you do. How can you claim to always have the highest number of credits in the country when those credits translate to producing fake Aba shoes or a disjointed opinion of reality. I remember speaking to a lecturer at ABSU about why Buhari has my support before the elections took place, he said Buffon Goodluck Jonathan was the best man. I asked why and told him to state one thing that he has enjoyed from GEJ, after he bowed his head he said well although he hasn’t gained anything from GEJ but Buhari has an Islamist Agenda and he is not suitable for the job. Look at that line of thought. Shallow, myopic and that was the norm there I tell you. Sentiments, not Superior arguments. Most of my Corp mates were handling subjects as Physics, Maths, Chem, Biology because they virtually had no qualified teacher in this subjects and yet they had credits. I dey laff.
Education is supposed to be a means to an end, how can you tell us you won a match when the referee was your team coach, stop deceiving yourselves with high credits that do not transmit to University achievement. Anybody can cross check these facts; I challenge the media, WAEC (Nigeria) and concerned bodies on vetting these claims. I just had to do these to straighten the records. If I hadn’t served in Abia, I would have believed these lies too. Abia state and South east should do some home checking, deceit would only injure their generation in the long run.
I typed this quite fast, so some errors might be inherent. Pls ignore.
Cheers. Playdude.
Cc Lalasticlala
If a thread prepondered on falsehood ran its way to the frontpage, then I think one that exposes such falsehood should do better
hahahahahaha, GOD of hosts. Mr man you need sleeping pills. You made a 2.1 and yet you remain an illiterate. Read the nonsense you wrote up there, have your personal experiences which can be seconded suddenly become facts and figures? All these shameless rants are been spewed simply because of a ranking that didn't favour your region? Please oh please in as much as degradation of educational values is a norm for which your unmerited 2.1 is evident. Save ur spittle and shove this epistle up ur Behind

3 Likes

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by zikIPE: 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

Fool, so only private schools take WAEC in Abia, and have you engaged your little sense on the percentage of Private students to public school students. Now I see why your sense is the way it is. AbiaMaterial.. Perfectly foolish
you spend 1 year in Abia and you're suddenly an authority on all things Abia-related?? Tell me something.

Firstly, I lived in abia for a long time which is why i can tell you that there are more private schools than public schools. In fact, the education sector has been over run by private induviduals who still follow a government educational curriculum/ scheme of work. The number of serious private schools in abia is enough to put it in the lead.
And lastly, you are a prize fool. What you are doing now is like judging villagers based on your assessment of the village drunkard. Grow up, get a life, get a job....if you had a job, you wouldn't have time to pick on a whole ethnic group.

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by akinyeleaa: 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

Your luck ohh. The batch before us was owed 2 months, Semb told us to drop our accounts that they will credit them. Useless peeps
Which luck? The proprietor showed me, ehn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by akinyeleaa: 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
Funny how u people believe anybody who doesn't support ur views hates you, I clearly stated Anambra or Enugu is okay but not Abia, with me, yet they claim it is because it is abt Igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
zikIPE:

you spend 1 year in Abia and you're suddenly an authority on all things Abia-related?? Tell me something.

Firstly, I lived in abia for a long time which is why i can tell you that there are more private schools than public schools. In fact, the education sector has been over run by private induviduals who still follow a government educational curriculum/ scheme of work. The number of serious private schools in abia is enough to put it in the lead.
And lastly, you are a prize fool. What you are doing now is like judging villagers based on your assessment of the village drunkard. Grow up, get a life, get a job....if you had a job, you wouldn't have time to pick on a whole ethnic group.
Abiamaterial u seem to have comprehensibility issues.. The number of students in Private school, do they outweigh the ones in public schools Answer the question Abiamaterial

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by mandarin: 5:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
explorer250:

I just don't under so the problem you guys. you can't just say that malpractice is more in this side of the country when you have no Fact to back it up. my cousins have served in the western part of the country and they also experience bad and wrong things with their educational systems. there was this my guy that travelled to Ogun to write his wassce in a remote part of ogun. he told me that when the exam paper is served some of the students takes their scripts outside the examination hall to the back of the school were mercenaries write the exam for them and the invigilator will do nothing because he has been bribed with huge cash. I have also heard many things about western states from many people but I won't just come to the internet because they are doing educationally great than us. when you guys were leading we took it in good faith so just do the same for us. you guys need to understand that u can't lead for ever so just accept that.

The problem is that people trivialise cogent issues of national interests as this. This is not an ethnic problem but a national problem as I agree with you on that but we must also not attack a whistle blower as the op who is pointing us to our collective national problem. If I remeber well, there was a time the state of Anambra closed down over 400 miracle centres, now if that is in the U.K, it will be called a national disaster! In a single state? multiply that by 100 students meaning that may be over 60% of all students that take WAEC/NECO in that state pay their way through, bro, you cannot beat that anywhere in Nigeria not even Lagos. IT IS A DISASTER! Why this is not a foreclosure on good performances of some serious students, that alone is sufficient for an employer to reject graduates or school leavers from that state for a number of years till something serious is done to correct it.
Its seriously appalling for guys to turn issues to ethnic debate and contest on this forum, why can't you just face facts? whether in East or West, is exam malpractise something to brag about? Believe you me any graduate from those High Schools are just deceiving themselves and making up numbers and they are the reason organizations are complaining about the unemployable and untrainable level of graduates.
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 5:31pm On Feb 18, 2016
akinyeleaa:
Funny how u people believe anybody who doesn't support ur views hates you, I clearly stated Anambra or Enugu is okay but not Abia, with me, yet they claim it is because it is abt Igbos
Its a function of their Educational system. They don't understand constructive criticism.. Frm GEJ to Onyeka to Igbos youths.. Same thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by zikIPE: 5:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

Abiamaterial u seem to have comprehensibility issues.. The number of students in Private school, do they outweigh the ones in public schools Answer the question Abiamaterial
do you have any documented research saying they do not?? I advice you to use your data prudently instead of engaging in blind arguements....obviously, whatever university gave you a 2:1 for book knowledge should have added a 3:0 for common sense
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by mandarin: 5:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
The problem is that people trivialise cogent issues of national interests as this. This is not an ethnic problem but a national problem as I agree with you on that but we must also not attack a whistle blower as the op who is pointing us to our collective national problem. If I remeber well, there was a time the state of Anambra closed down over 400 miracle centres, now if that is in the U.K, it will be called a national disaster! In a single state? multiply that by 100 students meaning that may be over 60% of all students that take WAEC/NECO in that state pay their way through, bro, you cannot beat that anywhere in Nigeria not even Lagos. IT IS A DISASTER! Why this is not a foreclosure on good performances of some serious students, that alone is sufficient for an employer to reject graduates or school leavers from that state for a number of years till something serious is done to correct it.
Its seriously appalling for guys to turn issues to ethnic debate and contest on this forum, why can't you just face facts? whether in East or West, is exam malpractise something to brag about? Believe you me any graduate from those High Schools are just deceiving themselves and making up numbers and they are the reason organizations are complaining about the unemployable and untrainable level of graduates.
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 5:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
zikIPE:
do you have any documented research saying they do not?? I advice you to use your data prudently instead of engaging in blind arguements....obviously, whatever university gave you a 2:1 for book knowledge should have added a 3:0 for common sense
So you are saying students in Private schools in Abia outweigh those in Public schools Did you listen to yourself, all in a bid too sound authentic, I give up on you all....In Abia State of all states...Laughs out..Abiamaterial#
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by arabbunkum: 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
The write-up is riddled with hatred, envy, jealousy...
When Sout-West States were leading, it was fine, well deserved. But now that the South-East States have overtaken them, someone is pained beyond words. Is he saying that there are no academically poor schools and students in his own part of the country?
They keep hating on we but CHUKWUABIAMA is wide awake.

3 Likes

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by zikIPE: 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

So you are saying students in Private schools in Abia outweigh those in Public schools Did you listen to yourself, all in a bid too sound authentic, I give up on you all....In Abia State of all states...Laughs out..Abiamaterial#
so, the prize fool has finally realised his folly; took long enough.
I don't know if the tag 'AbiaMaterial' is supposed to make me feel inferior to my mates in osun, taraba, rivers, yobe, or kano. Whatever it was meant to do, isn't working bro.
BTW
Good luck on your job search
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by jarrot(m): 5:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

Lolz...I made a 2.1 bro... No jealousy here. You aren't just happy the truth came out.. Waiting for you fact checkers to discredit what I said... I have more facts in stock..

You made 2:1 and you are here to speak rubbish, why didn't you make a first class?
How many heads did those that made first class have?

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by Iykopeee: 5:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

You guys are all pathetic I repeat, for the mere fact that I exposed your yansh here means I must be Yoruba What a tribe, what an identity, what a loss.. From Onyeka to Ebuka, You all blame others for your woes.... I dey laff

Dont laugh much. Tell us ur State and LGA lets find out if urs is different from the packs. Besides, i aint making no mistakes about u. U are jealous Abians dusted ur home peeps in WAEC. it sucks to be @ the bottom i guess, right? Yea thats where y'all haters belong.
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 5:54pm On Feb 18, 2016
zikIPE:
so, the prize fool has finally realised his folly; took long enough.
I don't know if the tag 'AbiaMaterial' is supposed to make me feel inferior to my mates in osun, taraba, rivers, yobe, or kano. Whatever it was meant to do, isn't working bro.
BTW
Good luck on your job search
Abiamaterial reflects who you truly are dude, claiming private students outweigh their public counterparts in a state with only two industries, Aba and the banking industry. In a state where an Msc holder working in civil service earns less than 40k dats if they pay oh, now u come here to spew utter trash that they are supposed to outweigh it since there is no documented research work. Do u av common sense dude and r u sure u really lived in Abia, I mean where Keke driving is their oil business.. U see why I give up. U r a top notch fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 5:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
jarrot:

You made 2:1 and you are here to speak rubbish, why didn't you make a first class?
How many heads did those that made first class have?
That is the only item this Ipobian can see, he is too blind to get the message, I guess u made a First class in ABSU....lolz. Fool
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by jarrot(m): 6:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

That is the only item this Ipobian can see, he is too blind to get the message, I guess u made a First class in ABSU....lolz. Fool

I can see your name has an effect on you

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 6:22pm On Feb 18, 2016
jarrot:

I can see your name has an effect on you
Its username slowpoke not my name. Another #Abiamaterial# spotted. I mean first class material....lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by ariesbull: 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
I know I might sound harsh but I like to be honest ...the Yoruba are educationally backward..have you been to ekiti ,ilesan or Ibadan and some parts of ikare . go there speak pidgin English and you will see how they mope at you like Mope Ogun.

This is on the spot assessment
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by jarrot(m): 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

Its username slowpoke not my name. Another #Abiamaterial# spotted. I mean first class material....lolz

Username ko, ur name ni all I know be say NAME is involved grin
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 6:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
jarrot:

Username ko, ur name ni all I know be say NAME is involved grin
Falls from mango tree.... My belle ohh
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by vascey(m): 6:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
Op where were you when United Nations came to copy the education model implemented under Peter Obi in Anambra state?

http://newafricanpress.com/2013/12/20/unicef-commends-gov-obis-focus-and-purposful-leadership/

Or when Anambra students went abroad for debate and came out tops.

https://www.nairaland.com/2874651/anambra-debate-team-triumphs-singapore

I bet everybody is being fooled except you right?

Well done.

2 Likes

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 6:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
vascey:
Op where were you when United Nations came to copy the education model implemented under Peter Obi in Anambra state?

http://newafricanpress.com/2013/12/20/unicef-commends-gov-obis-focus-and-purposful-leadership/

Or when Anambra students went abroad for debate and came out tops.

https://www.nairaland.com/2874651/anambra-debate-team-triumphs-singapore

I bet everybody is being fooled except you right?

Well done.
Case study here is Abia... Bring out related facts to this state. Till then STFU..
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2016
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by vascey(m): 7:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

Case study here is Abia... Bring out related facts to this state. Till then STFU..

So much for 2:1.

What does the heading of your thread say?

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by AnaCheks(m): 7:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
Mr Op if u think malpractices is d reason for the eastern part taking first always, checkout Osun state were they write answers on the board during SSCE and ask for their position in the ranking

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by Masterclass32: 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

You see, is that all you can do Funky IPOBIAN, how about you discredit what I said with facts and figures.. Stop deceiving yourself

Why are yorubas obsessed with IPOB? Some call it 'IPAD'. Every Igbo that has a contrary view is labelled IPOB.

As per ur post, I don't know what your intention is really, but I've been to ogun-shagamu - and I know what I saw. Don't pretend you don't have schools that are below par in ur zone too. That one or two schools in Abia are not up to standard does not mean that all schools in Abia are below average.

Ofcourse, south-east is NOT doomed (whatever that means).

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
vascey:

So much for 2:1.
What does the heading of your thread say?
So Anambra state is South East So much for your reasoning
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by vascey(m): 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2016
playdude:

So Anambra state is South East So much for your reasoning

Bros enough please.

You chose Abia to make a point about south east, I chose Anambra to counter it.

1 Like

Re: Why South East Is Doomed by playdude(m): 7:33pm On Feb 18, 2016
vascey:

Bros enough please.
You chose Abia to make a point about south east, I chose Anambra to counter it.
What if I second it with Ebonyi
Re: Why South East Is Doomed by BermudaTriangle(m): 8:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
Not surprised. The southeast is a bastion of crime incorporated.
They claim to be most educated yet their so-called graduates can hardly speak three minutes of english without resort to their trademark pidgin jargon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: Drunk Student Sends Email To Lecturer, Gets Hilarious Reply / You Must Be 18+ Old If You Can Still Remember All This..... / Nairaland Inter-school Debate:Winner:::: ABU Zaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.