Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Should I Be Worried About Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Be Worried About Her? (753 Views)

I Haven't Had Sex In 9 Months, My Balls Hurt,should I Be Worried?? / My Cousin Says My Thighs Are Fresh, Should I Be Worried About This Statement? / For All The Men Worried About Exposed Cleavage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Be Worried About Her? by Investmentguy: 4:47am On Feb 19, 2016
I read some bf-gf stories lately on front page and I thought to share my own. I'd admit I'm not very emotionally intelligent so this may be difficult for me to figure out. So, I need external help.

She's the lady I'm considering marrying. Anyways, she's the best among those I'm relating with. So, I invited her over. We are actually talking serious, so it was expected for her to visit, not that I exclusively invited her. That didn't make me totally responsible for her trip. Nevertheless, I paid her return flight from lag, total of 40k. That, I believe, should be her first time flying too.

When she came around, we had a nice time and when she was leaving, I took her shopping to buy things for her and her siblings/sisters. I think I spent like 20k just buying things. At a point, I didn't have enough cash so I told her to give me 5k and that I'll return it.

She gladly did. Fast forward some days later, she was back in lag and we talked on phone, then I reminded her I'll still return her money. Well, she didn't say anything. She just said I should do it with interest. Poor me, even though I could give her back easily, I was gently hoping she could be generous enough to insist I should just keep the money and not refund. After all, she hadn't spent a dime throughout her visit. Plus, the gifts were not even for me.

Anyways, I wired her back the money(+ interest) and she didn't mind, merely only thanking me. Thinking back, I don't know if she could have done better or if I could have done better. Does she appear like someone who's kind at heart?

Since then, I have given her gifts worth more than 30k and have only received one gift of 7k back. Nothing even for Xmas, just valentine. We both work, though I earn more than she does. Should I be worried?
Re: Should I Be Worried About Her? by Nobody: 4:51am On Feb 19, 2016
Some Nigerian girlfriends are stingy o undecided
Re: Should I Be Worried About Her? by Taiwo20(m): 4:54am On Feb 19, 2016
Since you borrowed it...its good that you returned the amount borrowed... Women in this part of the world always believe that they are not expected to spend a dime...they also always claim not to have money and rarely buy gifts for the menfolks.
Re: Should I Be Worried About Her? by jeffizy(m): 4:59am On Feb 19, 2016
Gifting is good if awarded to the right person.
The right person is the one that appreciates kind gestures no matter how little.

In this write up, I see a lady that is taking your kindness for granted.

Pls, help yourself by sitting back a bit and reflect . Are you trying too hard to win her heart?
Is she not seeing you as emotionally weak and exploiting you?

Only you can access the situation. Hope you won't be clouded by infatuation when doing the reflection.
Re: Should I Be Worried About Her? by Investmentguy: 5:09am On Feb 19, 2016
jeffizy:
Gifting is good if awarded to the right person.
The right person is the one that appreciates kind gestures no matter how little.

In this write up, I see a lady that is taking your kindness for granted.

Pls, help yourself by sitting back a bit and reflect . Are you trying too hard to win her heart?
Is she not seeing you as emotionally weak and exploiting you?

Only you can access the situation. Hope you won't be clouded by infatuation when doing the reflection.
Hmm....
She claims to have a high class. You think I should be worried. Does it matter that I actually earn more than she does?
But she does appreciate some of the gifts I get her. She texts to show appreciation, calls too. That's usual for her. But I have to admit, sometimes the appreciation text is just a line.
Re: Should I Be Worried About Her? by jeffizy(m): 5:14am On Feb 19, 2016
Investmentguy:

Hmm....
She claims to have a high class. You think I should be worried. Does it matter that I actually earn more than she does?
But she does appreciate some of the gifts I get her. She texts to show appreciation, calls too. That's usual for her. But I have to admit, sometimes the appreciation text is just a line.
n such case, I think it's best to take a lean back on the gifts for a while. See if she noticed.
It is good to spoil one's woman silly but don't let her get too entitled to it. Which I think is the issue here.
Cheers.
Re: Should I Be Worried About Her? by donholy28(m): 5:22am On Feb 19, 2016
Brother you lack common sense o...any guy way lend u money with interest is not to be trusted talk less of ur babe.
Re: Should I Be Worried About Her? by Nobody: 5:49am On Feb 19, 2016
Nigerian ladies and their love for money is like superglue
Re: Should I Be Worried About Her? by pretydiva(f): 7:00am On Feb 19, 2016
D babe stingy n greedy die. Dude u better run 4 ya life. After spending on her, she still asked u 2 pay d money wit interest. Bro d handwriting is boldly written on d wall 4 u 2 see
Re: Should I Be Worried About Her? by MRBrownJ: 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
@investmentguy
men like you will aways fail because of your misconception of life.... here you are telling us all about how much you spend here, and how much you spent there, and then you get offended when a gal desire that you paid back the money that you owe her. you tried to impress a lady by lavishly spending money yet ran out of money and had to borrow money from this same lady, lol, thats a red card... you failed and she was right to ask you to repay her WITH INTEREST!

men like you are so "poor" that money is the only thing that you can flaunt/brag about.
Re: Should I Be Worried About Her? by Odunharry(m): 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
MRBrownJ:
@investmentguy
men like you will aways fail because of your misconception of life.... here you are telling us all about how much you spend here, and how much you spent there, and then you get offended when a gal desire that you paid back the money that you owe her. you tried to impress a lady by lavishly spending money yet ran out of money and had to borrow money from this same lady, lol, thats a red card... you failed and she was right to ask you to repay her WITH INTEREST!

men like you are so "poor" that money is the only thing that you can flaunt/brag about.
op read and digest this... Never think money is all you need to impress a lady and the mistake you made is trying to please her too much.
Dont over do / spend for a lady especially if she doesn't ask / demand it.
Re: Should I Be Worried About Her? by cruzita(f): 1:43pm On Feb 19, 2016
u are the cause of your problem.U have given her that impression that u are too generous and so don't complain
Re: Should I Be Worried About Her? by ojun50(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2016
Nigerian girls are jst too wicked wen it comes to sharing, giving and spending even wen d knw d is broke.

(1) (Reply)

I Dreamt About Her Throughout Last Night / Why Online Dating Is A No No / What's Your Take On This???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.