Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship (969 Views)

"I Feel Bad For Men Who Have Never Date Non-Nigerian Ladies" - Man / 5 Tips To Bring Back The Spark In Your Relationship. / 5 Things That Are Hurting Your Partner And Killing Your Relationship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by ssoftappless(m): 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
A lot of people will never agree
that their affairs ought to be kept out of the public, and so this is
bound to generate a bit of debate here and there.
But while you deliberate on
whether to keep yours private or in
full glare of the public, below are
five reasons why social media
could be harmful to your
relationships today:

1. It Is Your Private Life – Hence,
you need to keep it exactly as
private as it should be. You see,
people have a natural tendency to jump to conclusions especially in matters that concern two lovers, and the more you put out pictures,
videos and innuendoes, the more likely you help deduce the actual status of the affair. And bear in
mind that things will not always be
rosy in the affair, so it is more
advisable to keep things under
wraps.
2. Two Is Just Right – An ideal
relationship is made for two
persons and nothing more.
Anything more than that makes it
more of a public affair than it is
private. And you really do not want
the dramas that come with the
fame, because, trust me it is not
something anyone can deal with
when the heat goes up.
3. Jealousy Can Ruin Everything
– Putting your personal life and
relationships out there gives
everyone the power to access and
assess the relationship, a situation
which is bound to breed envy and
jealousy from outsiders, especially
admirers. You sure don’t want this
happening to your relationship.
4. You Don’t Know What
Tomorrow Holds
– A split up is
not always pre-planned.
Something and anything can lead
to a break up and the fact that the
entire world already knows you
and your partner are in a
relationship makes it messier
going separate ways. Hence, it is
advised that people keep their
relationships off the internet.
5. Publicity Is Bad For Love And
Relationships
– As unusual as this
sounds, the media is actually like
poison for many a healthy
relationship today. This is the
reason many prefer their private
stuff well tucked away from the
media. If in doubt, check your
favourite celebrities today and see
how far the media has affected
their love affairs.
Publicity is amazing for
showbusiness but terribly bad for
our private lives.
source:https://www.naij.com/711936-5-reasons-must-keep-relationships-off-social-media.html
cc lalasticlala,dominique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by Godmother(f): 3:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
Well said op. I still don't understand the rationale behind putting your private life so out in the open. A friend I know does it and its just annoying. Today its "I prepared rice for my hubby o and he refused to eat it", then "My hubby just bought me a pair of sneakers. You like?"

Every single detail of her life is out on social media undecided

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by Kingsasian(m): 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
I just tire sef

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by ssoftappless(m): 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
Godmother:
Well said op. I still don't understand the rationale behind putting your private life so out in the open. A friend I know does it and its just annoying. Today its "I prepared rice for my hubby o and he refused to eat it", then "My hubby just bought me a pair of sneakers. You like?"

Every single detail of her life is out on social media undecided
Advice her to stop it because social media relationships dont last
Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by ssoftappless(m): 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
Kingsasian:
I just tire sef
LOL this got me laughing
Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by Strahovski1(m): 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hmmm ok
Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by falconey(m): 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
The op is being reasonable and its annoying

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
Interesting ..

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by Mhizkel(f): 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
They post virtually everything happening in their relationship on the media. Everyone sees when they're in good terms, when they're in bad terms, when they're loving up, etc.
At the end of the day, such relationship does not last long.
Somethings are meant to be kept private, but afterall it's LIFE and everyone got to live it the way it pleases them.
Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by Godmother(f): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
ssoftappless:
Advice her to stop it because social media relationships dont last

Can't do that because she's far older than I am. Besides, at her age she should know better.
Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
falconey:
it has a source,check the last part of the article wink
Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by ssoftappless(m): 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mhizkel:
They post virtually everything happening in their relationship on the media. Everyone sees when they're in good terms, when they're in bad terms, when they're loving up, etc.
At the end of the day, such relationship does not last long.
Somethings are meant to be kept private, but afterall it's LIFE and everyone got to live it the way it peases them.

GBAM its sad that they will not listen to advice, then later come online and start ranting how he or she cheated.
Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by ssoftappless(m): 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
Godmother:

Can't do that because she's far older than I am. Besides, at her age she should know better.
hmm all u got is to wish her well
Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by ssoftappless(m): 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
falconey:
hmmm
Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by vicstar(m): 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
falconey:

dude like seriously undecided
Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by saintfellow(m): 7:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
ok
Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by saintfellow(m): 7:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
pucelle:
it has a source,check the last part of the article wink
fine girl
Re: Five Reasons Why Social MEdia Is Bad For Your Relationship by ssoftappless(m): 7:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
fellowship:
NICE ONE @OP hw wish people can just learn, cc lalasticlala,mynd44,obinoscopy
the tonto dikeh's and tiwa salvage wanna be can never learn.

(1) (Reply)

Players I Need Ur Urgent Assistance / Which Of The Cars Would You Rather Drive (PICTURE) / He Is Threatening To Expose n.aked Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.