Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship (82973 Views)

NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 / 2017/2018 Nigeria LNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship / Gtbank Recruitment 2016/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Meemee247: 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
vladimirputin:
My portal is showing "in process" but I did not receive any msg from them. I hold University of Aberdeen admission. Is there anyone going to Aberdeen shortlisted?
I think you should all check your junk folders if you haven't done so already. Automated mails tend to get stuck there sometimes. Hopefully that's the case with you guys.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by drakoy(m): 11:35pm On Aug 14, 2016
Meemee247:
I think you should all check your junk folders if you haven't done so already. Automated mails tend to get stuck there sometimes. Hopefully that's the case with you guys.
Nothing in the junk folder jor.
I wonder why those who got the message are refusing to disclose the interview date and venue
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by stanisbaratheon: 11:56pm On Aug 14, 2016
drakoy:

Nothing in the junk folder jor.
I wonder why those who got the message are refusing to disclose the interview date and venue

Why should they disclose the interview date and venue?? The SMS is theirs and theirs only, or are you planning on gatecrashing the interview??

3 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by NazarioJnr: 10:21am On Aug 15, 2016
Yes, I'm one. ......I didnt upload IELTS but was still contacted

ifenonso:
Please those who has been contacted, did anyone choose Cranfield University....please I need a reply

Also is there anyone who didn't upload IELTS that was contacted too
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by EngrKen8(m): 11:54am On Aug 15, 2016
Guys, I need help. Wanted to see the documents I uploaded during the application, but I can't login even after requesting for a new password. It says 'Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts'. What can I do?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by karkinase(m): 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2016
Stevostical:

If it's not something too private, drop the question, I might be of help.
Thanks for your response @ stevostical. My inquiry into the University of Aberdeen is becos I'm on a starting phase to apply for a masters degree and would love to know the following.
1. On a scale of 1-10 what are the chances of gaining admission to do a masters in petroleum engineering for international student.
2. Which is the most important critical sought after requirement..(Transcripts or personal statement)
3. Does the University of Aberdeen require any fee for Application?
4. Which scholarship opportunities are feasible for study in Aberdeen.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by strictlynaija: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
So, I called NLNG to know the reason(s) why some have been contacted while others have not been reached and the lady told me "some other people with the same problem have called to complain; we are looking into it and will get back to you"

3 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by ManuchimsoWodi: 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2016
Please guys, any idea what sort of questions to expect at the interview?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Jefa4real: 10:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
ManuchimsoWodi:
Please guys, any idea what sort of questions to expect at the interview?
Just my thoughts
1. Study your application materials very well. The answers you gave on the questionnaire.
2. Do a background study of NLNG mission and operations in Nigeria.
3. How do you intend to spend the scholarship money?
4. how will you give back to the country?
5. Your long term and short term career goals?
6. Why are you a suitable candidate for the award?

Dress well for the interview (avoid flamboyance).
Don't panic.
Do several mock interviews through friends and colleagues.
Pray to God in Jesus name.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by vladimirputin: 11:05pm On Aug 15, 2016
karkinase:

Thanks for your response @ stevostical. My inquiry into the University of Aberdeen is becos I'm on a starting phase to apply for a masters degree and would love to know the following.
1. On a scale of 1-10 what are the chances of gaining admission to do a masters in petroleum engineering for international student.
2. Which is the most important critical sought after requirement..(Transcripts or personal statement)
3. Does the University of Aberdeen require any fee for Application?
4. Which scholarship opportunities are feasible for study in Aberdeen.
Thanks in anticipation.
I thought you'd send an email like I asked you to. As for ur questions, u may find this useful.
1. You have 100 percent chances (10 on ur scale) of gaining admission provided you meet their minimum requirements.
2. Some departments may not consider ur application until u send ur transcript. Personal statement is as important as transcript without which you cannot submit. If u upload all the required documents, you will get an admission feedback (whether successful or not) within a week. I got my admission offer within two days anyway.

3. No. Application is absolutely free. In fact, you don't have to make any deposit like other UK schools do.

4. Aberdeen gives self funded international students a scholarship of £2000 towards their tuition. They have their criteria for selection which I don't know. However, you cannot combine this scholarship with any other scholarship.
Then, there are other scholarships like NLNG and the rest which you know.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by ManuchimsoWodi: 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2016
Jefa4real:

Just my thoughts
1. Study your application materials very well. The answers you gave on the questionnaire.
2. Do a background study of NLNG mission and operations in Nigeria.
3. How do you intend to spend the scholarship money?
4. how will you give back to the country?
5. Your long term and short term career goals?
6. Why are you a suitable candidate for the award?

Dress well for the interview (avoid flamboyance).
Don't panic.
Do several mock interviews through friends and colleagues.
Pray to God in Jesus name.

Thank you very much bro!! Totally appreciate this. Blessings.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by karkinase(m): 7:26am On Aug 16, 2016
vladimirputin:

I thought you'd send an email like I asked you to. As for ur questions, u may find this useful.
1. You have 100 percent chances (10 on ur scale) of gaining admission provided you meet their minimum requirements.
2. Some departments may not consider ur application until u send ur transcript. Personal statement is as important as transcript without which you cannot submit. If u upload all the required documents, you will get an admission feedback (whether successful or not) within a week. I got my admission offer within two days anyway.

3. No. Application is absolutely free. In fact, you don't have to make any deposit like other UK schools do.

4. Aberdeen gives self funded international students a scholarship of £2000 towards their tuition. They have their criteria for selection which I don't know. However, you cannot combine this scholarship with any other scholarship.
Then, there are other scholarships like NLNG and the rest which you know.
..culdnt assess my mail that waz y. Thanks
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by ManuchimsoWodi: 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2016
Hi guys, please has anyone been sent details for the interview, such as interview date and address? I haven't, so I'm curious...
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by odagogo: 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
ManuchimsoWodi:
Hi guys, please has anyone been sent details for the interview, such as interview date and address? I haven't, so I'm curious...

i have been sent, if you where invited you have to confirm your availability by sending an email to d email provided in your invitation letter before you can get your your venue and date.

if you dont do dat it means you didnt accept d invitation.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by odagogo: 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
All those invited for the interview pls post ur contact so i can send ur some information.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by ManuchimsoWodi: 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
odagogo:

i have been sent, if you where invited you have to confirm your availability by sending an email to d email provided in your invitation letter before you can get your your venue and date.

if you dont do dat it means you didnt accept d invitation.

Thanks bro. I emailed them two days ago, and have now been sent interview details.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by odagogo: 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
ManuchimsoWodi:

Thanks bro. I emailed them two days ago, and have now been sent interview details.

When is your interview day?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by ABIM2016: 12:00am On Aug 21, 2016
for dose with in process u can check ur mail..

i had to resubmit my application again dis nite seems d site had issuebso our application was ejected u can check ur scholarship page..

and please do anyone ave Nlng pg scholarship mail address so we can nail dem to notify dem of d error thanks
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by odagogo: 12:11am On Aug 21, 2016
[quote author=ABIM2016 post=48663021]for dose with in process u can check ur mail..

i had to resubmit my application again dis nite seems d site had issuebso our application was ejected u can check ur scholarship page..

and please do anyone ave Nlng pg scholarship mail address so we can nail dem to notify dem of d error thanks[/quot]
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Meemee247: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
Best of luck to everyone having their interview today. Let us know how it goes. Break a leg! wink
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Meemee247: 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
odagogo:
All those invited for the interview pls post ur contact so i can send ur some information.
Hi, just seeing this. miimii247@yahoo.com
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by ManuchimsoWodi: 8:57am On Aug 24, 2016
odagogo:

When is your interview day?

Sorry for the late reply bro. Haven't been here in a while. My interview is tomorrow 25th August. Yours?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by ManuchimsoWodi: 9:00am On Aug 24, 2016
Hi scholars, for those who've had their interviews already, trust it's been great. To those having theirs today, tomorrow (me inclusive ), and next, best wishes!

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by odagogo: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2016
ManuchimsoWodi:
Hi scholars, for those who've had their interviews already, trust it's been great. To those having theirs today, tomorrow (me inclusive ), and next, best wishes!

wish you the same, where are u coming from?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by odagogo: 8:20am On Aug 25, 2016
ManuchimsoWodi:

Sorry for the late reply bro. Haven't been here in a while. My interview is tomorrow 25th August. Yours?

No probs. same with me where are u coming from.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Velobrown: 10:18am On Sep 02, 2016
Please when are results likely to be released? Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by jannimex(f): 1:33am On Sep 03, 2016
Velobrown:
Please when are results likely to be released? Thanks!
Had the same question in mind, was thinking it won't exceed this week.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by FBeth: 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hi guys. Pls has anyone been contacted by NLNG?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Meemee247: 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
FBeth:
Hi guys. Pls has anyone been contacted by NLNG?
Not that I'm aware of. It's been radio silence since the interview.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by stanisbaratheon: 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2016
Meemee247:
Not that I'm aware of. It's been radio silence since the interview.

Please what is the interview like??
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Meemee247: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
stanisbaratheon:

Please what is the interview like??
There were 5 panelists. It was quite interactive and they were receptive so I was at ease. They asked questions about my course and future plans amongst other things. All in all, it was an interesting experience.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Share Your Keystone Bank Test Score / How To Join The SSS, Customs / Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.