Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) (39211 Views)

Shehu Sani Reacts To Ben Bruce's Claim That DSS Blocked Him From Seeing PMB / Innoson To Deliver Bullet-Proof Car To Ben-bruce In 90 Days(Photos) / Innoson Delivers Official Car To Ben-bruce (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by Flexherbal(m): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
Apologising at all , is a good move.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by sambisamann: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
silly analogy. a party is a social event. It's not a serious matter. Buhari have access to hundreds of assistants that report to him. A party cannot employ that.
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by Felincous(m): 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
measideyhere:
someone will say d journey of a thousand mile starts with a single step, that the senator needs to show an example...i want to know if the said event d senator held was a national or government sponsored event? ...if no why does he owe u an apology? your answer ..cos he invited us...my take, every one gets an invitation to a wedding, do they all sit at the high table?... ans..no....so why the rant? if he fed every one at that event with gold plated spoons and u got served foreign meals...would u not bring urselfs out here to say this is what the senator does with public funds? or what u call it tax payers money?...when u want to come in public cos u are paid by some party or for recognition to come tarnish d image of another, do so reasonably...we all can text but we choose not to spill rubbish...everyone has an opinion how much sense u drive through with each is what matters.

I dont blame u because u were denied admision to study in UNILAG several times.

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by anonimi: 1:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
Sibrah:
A man who couldn't run NTA, host a party, have a Cinema for average Nigerian thinks he can tweet his way to political followership.

Please define the characteristics and parametres of the AVERAGE Nigeria with reference to a cinema,
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3043814_facebook20151105005801_jpeg1027baba4e35e791f3661e85d47d5487

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by adebanjotunde83(m): 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
I wish the man is nursing the ambition to be the president.

I wish PDP will give him a ticket...

grin

Pat utomi's and Chris okotie'a cases will be thanking God when his result would be announced!

grin grin
This ur comment is thoughtful! Even Ojukwu's scanty votes will be better off!
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by IYANGBALI: 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
bigerboy200:
This man should take a chill pill jare...too much showmanship...
the man is beginning to lose it

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by sucess001(m): 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
simplycarro:

grin grin
He can't even win in his primary constituency-TwitterNG

So how did he become senator if he didn't win his constituency?

I will vote him a million times and yes I voted and supported APC @ d last election

We need to start thinking of what's best for Nigeria and not for any party.

I jst wish I can be a part of his team. He makes a lot of common sense!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
gentle007:

why are there different suites in a hotel? why I there a vip lounge in a club? why do aircrafts have different classes?
Come to think of it, who would have sat upstairs?
the students got the same invitation that everybody got therefore they should be treated equally
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by tuniski: 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:

grin

Pat utomi's and Chris okotie'a cases will be thanking God when his result would be announced!

grin grin
Dankwambo a sure lion to take on buhari! @benbruce is best at the senate.
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by phemmie06(m): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
Thank God for Twitter we wouldn't have known if Ben T Bruce exist in National Assembly
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
"I was at my Table, so I can't be everywhere"
Just a common party...
Yet Bruce expects Buhari to Revive Economy
Stamp out corruption
Kill shekau
Arrest Tompolo
Present Budjet
Make naira to 1 dollar

All within the spate of 9months... I greet Nigerians. What Jonathan couldn't do in 6yrs!!

Meanwhile:
Shoutout to all those who copy and peep in the exam hall... Even those who manage to graduate from the University and those who tried with ND results and Still come here and Type "Buhari is a Dullard" just to get some likes! I hail una..

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by missKiffy(f): 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ben Bruce again lipsrsealed
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by paschu: 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
OP, all I see here is a RAW SILLY statement evidently produce by SHALLOW THINKING. Don't you know the meaning of EPIC? Why use the word then?
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by Codyt(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
gentle007:

why are there different suites in a hotel? why I there a vip lounge in a club? why do aircrafts have different classes?
You see my point. The man for not even invite them to avoid wahala. It's not their fault. Some students can be just plain daft at times.

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by harsysky(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
I just hope ben bruce common sense agenda isn't to contest 2019 o. I remember Oshiomole's own like yesterday when he was still Labour chairman. I said to my young brain then, "if Oshiomole becomes president, Nigeria will be the best country ever." Now I know they all act good but are "pretty lil liars".

Ben bruce just stay one side and be suggesting good things for Naija, but If I see you contesting, my vote no go go for you. Oshiomole don teach me big lesson.
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by ZYZZA: 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
when some people comment you just can't help but wonder if they have brains . I watched the program on hip tv there was no way he could have noticed he was so occupied . SMH so mumu are now comparing it with presidency
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by babyfaceafrica: 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
Felincous:

I dont blame u because u were denied admision to study in UNILAG several times.
no mind the college of education dropout!!!
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by wirinet(m): 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
sparrowkid:

Please don't say what you don't know. Ben Bruce and Tony Iredia are one of the best DGs of NTA in recent times. He did a lot of wonderful things in NTA. It was in his tenure that NTA started nationwide expansion and he was supported by the Presidency then because he was very close to Mrs Stella Obasanjo of blessed memory. He equally changed a lot of things in program contents of the outfit. And he laid the foundation of numerous NTA stations we have now like NTA international, NTA Knowledge, NTA Entertainment, etc.

As for his showmanship, many of you have forgotten that he is an entertainment guy. He lives all his life in entertainment and to me, politics is a means to an end for him. When all the political distractions are over, he will be back to his innate constituency - entertainment industry. At least National Assembly have been quite boring after the exit of Patrick Obahaigbon from the House of Reps. I think Ben Bruce is giving for us his own brand of entertainment. Life is too fun and we can't all be serious all the time.

It is you that do not know what you are saying. Which poll rated Ben Bruce as on of the best DGs of recent times? Viewers, NTA staffs, the general public or his twitter constituency? I was very close to NTA then, so i know the great relief NTA staffs felt when he was sacked.

The numerous NTA stations were just avenues to enrich himself, i got the papers to build the Uyo offfice at N15 million naira, while the actual contract sum was N35 million, that was without the equipments. He brought in sub-standard and outdated equipments for the stations. The one in warri hardly works, NTA warri sometimes works a few days a week.
What is the sense of having NTA in every state capital in a digital world, is ben bruce telling us that there can not be one or two NTA stations in Nigeria and different local contents can be allocated to different digital channels, just like Startimes did. It was startimes that introduced digital broadcasting to NTA.

Yes, he brought 24 hours broadcasting to NTA, but then what was the content of those broadcastings? NTA during ben bruce's time lacked content, if you disagree, name one program introduced by Ben Bruce during his stint at NTA. NTA used to boast of a viewership base of 30 million, what was it during Ben Bruce's period.

Ben Bruce might be a good businessman, but as a politician and a public officer, he had been terrible. His Bayelsa governorship campaign was not impressive, he was making such outlandish promises like introducing BRT scheme in Yenogua ( a state with few roads, few population and mainly riverine). He had not done anything major in the social and philanthropic scene.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by MadCow1: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
measideyhere:
can u question ur maker why we weren't born equall?....dont think im a fan of ben most def we all know there is some hypocrisy in all of these but my problem is d fact that we as citizens now take a chance at every needless view we get to make points when there is none when we would probably have done worse...ask the so called unilag student if he was in his final year and cars were to b distributed in his department would he not protest it b given to d final yr students befor thinking of d newly admitted once?...please we should all rest..smh at the mass hypocrisy around.

What has questioning the maker for the condition of our birth got to do with anything? Or are you equating Ben Murray Bruce with God? And what's wrong with questioning the maker about the condition of our birth? The only reason he has not been asked that question is because he can't be seen. the day mankind finds an open medium of communication with the maker, best believe he would face a barrage of questions of which the condition of our births would be one.

I would have told the UNILAG students to go fhuck themselves. Yes, I am MadCow. I don't give a Fhuck. I don't claim to have more common sense than the average Nigerian. I have not painted myself to be the keeper of commonsense in Nigeria. Ben Murray Bruce however has made himself the prophet of commonsense. An advocate for the masses. The Common Sense Moses of our time. He set the standards by which we are all measuring him and so far, he falls short of his own standards and the hypocrisy of his common sense logic stinks to high heavens.

Your Car logic is stupid (No disrespect). Yes, a MadCow in final year would say what you posted because Mad Cow is a normal person. But according to Apostle Bruce, the right thing to do would be to change the cars to Okadas so everybody can get 1. That is the Common Sense logic which I must say sounds nice in theory.

Ben is a hypocrite and so far you have done a shoddy job of defending him. Try harder.

2 Likes

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by dannybee(m): 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:

grin

grin grin
Hehehe for your mind abi
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
Once again Nigerian youths have proved that they're not ready for leadership. I wonder what all these so called epic replies will add to their lives.

Ben Bruce organised an event, sent out invitation to over 5000 persons, comprising some 54 uni lag students. For some reasons he couldn't give the students the attention they deserved. Realising his mistake, he did the right thing by rendering an apology; and it's all an issue because someone gave a so called epic reply.

Nigerian youths are really not ready for governance. Their appetite for the immediate, extreme political division, immaturity, playfulness and mindless criticism will never allow them reason like serious minded youths.

I can't recall the last time a Nigerian leader apologised for such a mistake.

Senator Ben Bruce is successful business man, paying salaries to some 1200 or more people. He's a success.

You can continue to mock and abuse him whilst he remains a huge inspiration and source of hope to many intelligent Nigerian youths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by dannybee(m): 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:

grin

grin grin
Hehehe, well that won't be a shocker,Nigeria have always been making wrong choices.
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
ZYZZA:
when some people comment you just can't help but wonder if they have brains . I watched the program on hip tv there was no way he could have noticed he was so occupied . SMH so mumu are now comparing it with presidency

Please don't bother: this is is a largely wasted generation.
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by MadCow1: 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
wirinet:

It is you that do not know what you are saying. Which poll rated Ben Bruce as on of the best DGs of recent times? Viewers, NTA staffs, the general public or his twitter constituency? I was very close to NTA then, so i know the great relief NTA staffs felt when he was sacked.

The numerous NTA stations were just avenues to enrich himself, i got the papers to build the Uyo offfice at N15 million naira, while the actual contract sum was N35 million, that was without the equipments. He brought in sub-standard and outdated equipments for the stations. The one in warri hardly works, NTA warri sometimes works a few days a week.
What is the sense of having NTA in every state capital in a digital world, is ben bruce telling us that there can not be one or two NTA stations in Nigeria and different local contents can be allocated to different digital channels, just like Startimes did. It was startimes that introduced digital broadcasting to NTA.

Yes, he brought 24 hours broadcasting to NTA, but then what was the content of those broadcastings? NTA during ben bruce's time lacked content, if you disagree, name one program introduced by Ben Bruce during his stint at NTA. NTA used to boast of a viewership base of 30 million, what was it during Ben Bruce's period.

Ben Bruce might be a good businessman, but as a politician and a public officer, he had been terrible. His Bayelsa governorship campaign was not impressive, he was making such outlandish promises like introducing BRT scheme in Yenogua ( a state with few roads, few population and mainly riverine). He had not done anything major in the social and philanthropic scene.

Anything wey you dey drink and smoke, collect..

I go pay.. No shaking.

And you were not even trying to make common sense o, just normal reasoning.. grin
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by olatade(m): 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Silverbird: Popcorn N800.

Hospital junction, Yenagoa: Fish N100, Yam N100, Plantain N100, Mineral (orobo) N70. Change go remain sef.

I just want 2 make common sense!!!

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by omonnakoda: 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
I think this is important and people are missing the point. They were invited as UNILAG students not as individuals.
Any insult real or imagined is to UNILAG and the UNILAG student body that is the situation. Just as it would be if Nigerian Students were invited abroad and disrespected. Once the word UNILAG gets into it then it is a very different matter.Those people who went to Abraka university and such like may not understand
Would it not be the same if it was one Muslim association, Afenifere or Ohaneze or something like that let us reason properly please

2 Likes

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by MadCow1: 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
dearpreye:
Once again Nigerian youths have proved that they're not ready for leadership. I wonder what all these so called epic replies will add to their lives.

Ben Bruce organised an event, sent out invitation to over 5000 persons, comprising some 54 uni lag students. For some reasons he couldn't give the students the attention they deserved. Realising his mistake, he did the right thing by rendering an apology; and it's all an issue because someone gave a so called epic reply.

Nigerian youths are really not ready for governance. Their appetite for the immediate, extreme political division, immaturity, playfulness and mindless criticism will never allow them reason like serious minded youths.

Senator Ben Bruce is successful business man, paying salaries to some 1200 or more people. He's a success.

You can continue to mock and abuse him whilst he remains a huge inspiration and source of hope to many intelligent Nigerian youths.

Chai..

Typical Nigerian nonsense.

So what if Ben Bruce pays the salaries of 5000 Nigerians? grin grin

So Ben Murray Bruce can make mistakes. He sent out more invitations than he was prepared to cater for. And those invited should accept their fates like that and walk away? Or his apology makes it all better? So all the President needs to do for all the policies and decisions he gets wrong is to tell us sorry and it's okay abi?

grin

See how you have categorised yourself amongst the intelligent Nigerian youths and yet I have never seen you at our meeting.

3 Likes

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
MadCow1:

Chai..

Typical Nigerian nonsense.

So what if Ben Bruce pays the salaries of 5000 Nigerians? grin grin

So Ben Murray Bruce can make mistakes. He sent out more invitations than he was prepared to cater for. And those invited should accept their fates like that and walk away? Or his apology makes it all better? So all the President needs to do for all the policies and decisions he gets wrong is to tell us sorry and it's okay abi?

grin

See how you have categorised yourself amongst the intelligent Nigerian youths and yet I have never seen you at our meeting.

My guy, being the president of a nation and a senator organising an event aren't on the same degree at all.

BTW, it's just normal that whenever a person makes some mistake, they should have the courage and humility to apologise, make amends and ends and move on.
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by Hemanwel(m): 2:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
Senator Ben Bruce sometimes disappoints me a lot!We are talking about how to brainstorm in order to revive our failing economy and grow the naira,the Senator still has the luxury of time to respond to these kids on twitter over FOOD??Will a Saraki or an Akpabio have time for these??
Mr Senator,you don big pass some certain things nah!!This issue is too trivia to deserve a response from you!Get pass this issue and move on!!!
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by gretblue: 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
gentle007:

Same way you defended your Hero stealing is not corruption before the election.
Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by omonnakoda: 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
dearpreye:

I do not believe he knows the students personally. He did not invite them in their individual capacity and probably would not. The Invitation was to the UNILAG student body and indirectly to UNILAG as an institution. The entire treatment was disrespectful . He should not be applauded for apologizing. The reason why we are having this discussion is that he tries to portray himself as DIFFERENT. You are correct that Nigerian leaders(not sure if he is a Nigerian leader) typically would not apologize and we expect that.No Problem with that. The issue is the hypocrisy of the man through his social media posturing trying to portray himself as somehow "different" well we can see him for what he is now so the apology was unconvincing and hypocritical and frankly does not recover the situation

The remark about his "success" is of dubious relevance.Does this make him less liable to issue apologies where necessary or add weight to his apologies when issued.Perhaps we should be grateful?

Success as measured by the number of people employed or wealth is unreliable if such wealth is acquired immorally or criminally. I am not saying that is the case here.I am saying there are many successful people like Aminu Kano,Fela,Tafawa Balewa,Chinua Achebe and so on whose success is more enduring and has nothing to do with wealth People will remember these names much longer than Dangote
To my mind his wealth has NOTHING TO DO with the issue at hand absolutely NOTHING

1 Like

Re: Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) by joseph1832(m): 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
I honestly hope Ben Bruce isn't nursing any agenda to contest for the presidency in 2019. All this publicity is getting way too just.

He should just focus on his senatorial district for now. At least those are the people who voted him into office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mbaka Apologizes To Peter Obi Again (See Full Statement) / Atiku's "Absence" Causing Tensed Moments As Elections Draw Close / 'we Are Working On How To Arrest The Monkey That Swallowed N70m- Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.