Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) (45473 Views)

“Nigeria Will Continue To Borrow,” Adeosun Says, Days After Warning Against Debt / Waivers Induce Corruption, Adeosun Says / Video Finance Minister Says 16+6 =24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 22, 2016
Holmes07:

SMH!! Nd this thing was created in the image of God?? Idontbelieveit

RECEIVE SENSE!!!!!!!
well my parents didnt train me with the use of bad words but i think i know where you belong.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by mila1121(m): 6:19pm On Feb 22, 2016
lordoseji:
No wonder dollars is 400 Naira today when our
minister of FINANCE is calculating 16 + 6 as
24, and infact she was talking about
BILLIONS!! Can you imagine adding N2BN
like its nothing!?
imagine setup if her answer to that question is 26 then she is a failure
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by emajoe: 6:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
AbuMaryam1:
Clearly a sleep of a tongue, but wait 16 is greater than 18 is correct.
SLEEP Ke?
Na waoooooo!
.....somebody once said "wronger than wrong" but my dear, may that tongue not "sleep" again!
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ElFenomeno1: 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2016
makenzie:
price water housecooper. in case you dont know

And you said firms!
Mtschew
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by okongo(m): 7:12pm On Feb 22, 2016
this woman is an achiever. take it ir leave it lol
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by doublewisdom: 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2016
So Nigeria now has an Olodo as finance minister?

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Adonis3: 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2016
Validated:
True, just like the budget "mistakes".
chill, ion get

Do u mean to say she doesn't know 16+6??

#Adonis3HasSopken
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ifeomaekol(f): 8:47pm On Feb 22, 2016
lordoseji:
i hear but do you know that Ms Kemi Adeosun is a chartered accountant
who has served as commissioner of Finance
in Ogun State.?
that's d more reason u shuld kw its a mistake.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 22, 2016
doublewisdom:
So Nigeria now has an Olodo as finance minister?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Gbam

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ifeomaekol(f): 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2016
Nigeriaaaaaaaa
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by mekaboy(m): 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
ifeomaekol:
Nigeriaaaaaaaa
I hail thee

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Ijeobii: 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
ifeanyi83:
I love her perfect mix of British and Nigerian accents... grin

Please what do you call that mixture accent? I was so distracted by her demeanor and her effort to put up a façade by speaking in a different accent that I didn't catch the arithmetic error. Sheesh
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 23, 2016
oh ok.
Thanks for explaining that's exactly what I meant.
softvio:

when one mistakenly says what (s)he is thinking instead of what (s)he was billed to say
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by adconline(m): 2:29am On Feb 23, 2016
ballerjames23:
I really think everyone has missed the major point here!

In the video, she said the agency withdrew a total of N6bn (capital, overheads and salary) and generated N16bn (from sales of scratch cards, results etc), making a total of N24bn. The bigger blunder is actually that you are supposed to subtract your expenses from your revenue and not add them together, so she was supposed to say N10bn and not even N22bn or N24bn. One can forgive mathematical errors but this one pass am o, this is Nigeria's minister of finance that does not know when to add and when to subtract, a minister in charge of a portfolio worth billions of dollars!!!
Thanks! Simple arithmetic, I gave u N6 to start a business and at the end of the year u generated N16, how much income did u make ? N10... Silly and willfully ignorant are making excuses for her Naija is irredeemably gone .. Those errors could have gotten her fired at PWC if she was making a public presentation, but in Naija mediocrity is celebrated
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by loshybab(m): 6:24am On Feb 23, 2016
lordoseji:
Nigeria’s minister of finance, Kemi Adeosun, has failed a simple arithmetic after saying that 16 + 6 = 24. While addressing a press briefing recently, the
finance minister goofed while doing simple arithmetic and said that the addition of 16 billion and 6 billion would amount to N24billion. Her speech was made during an address as she exposed some anomalies in the examination body where a declaration of N3
million is being made out of N16 billion generated.
watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTttgPoRulg

Source https://www.naij.com/738389-unbelievable-nigerias-finance-minister-says-166-24-watch-video.html
Can u imagine?
Instead of showin more concern about the corrupt practice she emphasised on,a young nigerian is busy capitalisn on her simple arithmetic error.

Evn if she hs bn a CBN governor bfor,and so what? Last i checked,nobody is abv simple mistake and i feel d'mistake she made ws due to ridiculous anomaly she pointed out in her brief

Meanyl,u mean say 'she never marry',mehhhhhhhnnnnnn,i'm crushing alrdy #kemiSweety

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by loshybab(m): 6:26am On Feb 23, 2016
lordoseji:
Nigeria’s minister of finance, Kemi Adeosun, has failed a simple arithmetic after saying that 16 + 6 = 24. While addressing a press briefing recently, the
finance minister goofed while doing simple arithmetic and said that the addition of 16 billion and 6 billion would amount to N24billion. Her speech was made during an address as she exposed some anomalies in the examination body where a declaration of N3
million is being made out of N16 billion generated.
watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTttgPoRulg

Source https://www.naij.com/738389-unbelievable-nigerias-finance-minister-says-166-24-watch-video.html
Can u imagine?
Instead of showin more concern about the corrupt practice she emphasised on,a young nigerian is busy capitalisn on her simple arithmetic error.

Evn if she hs bn a CBN governor bfor,and so what? Last i checked,nobody is abv simple mistake and i feel d'mistake she made ws due to ridiculous anomaly she pointed out in her brief

Like someone once said,d'problm of Nigeria is more f followership than leadership,nd dts what d'leaders ar nw capitalisn on to cheat us

Meanyl,u mean say 'she never marry',mehhhhhhhnnnnnn,i'm crushing alrdy #kemiSweety
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Raphael81(m): 6:58am On Feb 23, 2016
where is her waec result hehe in mama peace voice
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by IkpuMmadu: 7:10am On Feb 23, 2016
pythonkid:

dude , hope you remembered the NSCDC boss , was it in the era of change ?

Oga on top man

He was also a yoruba

Always daft

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by kenex4ever(m): 8:23am On Feb 23, 2016
Gbawe:

Jealous of NOI? My friend do you know of the 'omoluabi' concept that is very powerful in the minds and culture of Yorubas where they will denounce even their own father if he is guilty of shameful behaviour? You may have no such thing in your culture, as you show here defending a discredited failure, but jealousy is the last emotion any upright Yoruba harbours for NOI. I only feel pity for you and others who continue to defend her making yourselves look like unprincipled criminals and pathetic tribalists in the process.

The fact non of you can change, despite your best effort to do so, is that NOI was a very influential leader in the GEJ government that ruined Nigeria and is responsible for how we are in a big mess today. GEJ, NOI, Allison-Madueke, Dasuki et al ensured we are up sh1t creek without a paddle !!!! NOI was the Finance Minister and de facto Prime Minister who supervised the biggest looting of Nigeria's commonwealth ever seen. She was also actively and undeniably involved in peddling propaganda, half-truths and even outright lies that sought to deceive Nigerians and the world as per the true state of the Nigerian economy. It is crystal clear, in the minds and judgement of anyone not weighed down by the yoke of ethnic prejudice and hatred of others, that NOI is a discredited charlatan who had no problem propping up, lying for and abetting the unconscionable, highly damaging and devastating looting and misrule of her own nation.

Yet all that you morally bankrupt folks can do is shout her name and tout her some heroine whereas you will vilify Kemi Adeosun daily when she has been a minister for 4 months. What shows you are highly tribalistic and unreasonably clannish more than that? Anyone whose moral compass is intact and is a patriotic Nigerian will distance himself/herself from NOI ,even if the lady is directly related to them, and give Adeosun a reasonable length of time to prove herself.
tnx 4 taking out time to type all these. I was just playing around in dat post, I'M NT A TRIBALIST. But most of ur people here are actually d real tribalists n they made me to type in such hate
These looting u r referring to is it not Dsame one dat fashola n tinubu did in lagos? I know u will easily justify those.
I am not here to defend dasuki, NOI, nor Deziani, I fully support buhari's fight against corruption but let him stop being partial abt it if not Hw will u explain his dropping d corruption case against past bayelsa governor silver just for being apc? even d cases tinubu/ambode and wike raised against fashola n amaechi respectively.
if any pdp member is found guilty let him or her b jailed. Have u noticed all d media propaganda against Deziani are false for now? because PMB said there no evidence against her yet.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by femi4: 11:59am On Feb 25, 2016
The Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun was at a Senate hearing where she made very strong efforts to reveal how MDAs have been stealing our commonwealth for years.
Part of her revelations that one of Nigeria's examination bodies (either JAMB or WAEC) was collecting N6bn allocation from the federal purse for capital projects and overheads, including salaries.
This same body, she had stated, also generates N16bn from the sale of scratch cards but was only able to declare a surplus of a paltry sum of N3million.
But these Nigerians sharing stuff on Facebook chose not to be angry that billions of our money was being stolen.
It also did not bother them that the monies this exam body collected from them and their children and relations would have been paid for by the Federal Government
No one worried about the depth of the corruption the Minister was talking about.
No one counted the numbers that ran into billions of naira.
What they are bitter about was that a slip of tongue by a qualified accountant gave 16+6 as 24!!!
Can you now understand my analogy of the hunter and the lions?
Who did this to us?
Or is it the case that we have got so used to economic rape that has been our lot over the past several years we can no longer differentiate between what should make us cry and the one we should laugh about and even the one that should send us into sober reflections?
Who did this to us?
Was the demon so cruel he has turned us to vanity mongers that would rather celebrate the absurd than reflect on what is of value to our today and our future?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by femi4: 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
adconline:

Thanks! Simple arithmetic, I gave u N6 to start a business and at the end of the year u generated N16, how much income did u make ? N10... Silly and willfully ignorant are making excuses for her Naija is irredeemably gone .. Those errors could have gotten her fired at PWC if she was making a public presentation, but in Naija mediocrity is celebrated
Wrong!
Part of her revelations that one of Nigeria's examination bodies (either JAMB or WAEC) was collecting N6bn allocation from the federal purse for capital projects and overheads, including salaries

The 16bn is IGR and not proceed from investing 6bn. Except you want to tell me that payment of salaries and overheads is investment

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INEC Insists Election Held In Rivers, Say Amaechi Erred To Ask For Result Sheet / DSS Dismisses Marilyn Ogar’s Sister, 64 Trainee Officers / APC Senators Fight As Truce Meeting Fails Again - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.