Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,962 members, 7,828,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) (45519 Views)

“Nigeria Will Continue To Borrow,” Adeosun Says, Days After Warning Against Debt / Waivers Induce Corruption, Adeosun Says / Video Finance Minister Says 16+6 =24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Gbawe: 1:58pm On Feb 22, 2016
simplycarro:

When Ipobians read BRAVERY, the world will read COWARD and they read COWARD, the world will read SOUND JUDGEMENT
They have their own standard of assessment that is completely at variance with logic.

Indeed. The world now knows that their current 'secession' agitation and pathological hatred of anything/anyone from the North and the SW is the product of the trauma they suffered over the loss of GEJ. They kept quite for the 5 years GEJ was President and favouring them now they are making hypocritical secession noise because of the pain of realising what they swore would never happen before the elections of 2015 , i.e their pledge of "abok1 will never rule me again", has come to pass. Naturally , as is always the case, they blame the Yorubas for voting out the ultra-corrupt GEJ who was on course to destroying Nigeria completely.

This is the only reason they attack Adeosun and Buhari daily rather than give both a fair length of time to succeed whereas they gave GEJ their 100% vote towards GEJ receiving another 4 years in charge and on top of the 5 years he had used to totally decimate Nigeria. NOI who, over several years, supervised the biggest looting of Nigeria in history should return to her old job yet Adeosun who has been Minister for 4 months alone should be booted out for doing little wrong in a very difficult period even Houdini will struggle to free us from. These guys are nothing but pathetic creatures of hate and enemies of Nigeria's progress and wellbeing.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Ojukwufrank: 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2016
frankyychiji:
Guy what is the problem?? Who offended you this way? Why not take your frustrations to the Daura cow rustler who used your head for samba drum. Hian!! angry

Dunce, everything about your pathetic life is daura this and that. Whats my own with your hate for Mr Buhari, you will just kill yourself over nothing. Shameless bigot

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ballerjames23: 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2016
I really think everyone has missed the major point here!

In the video, she said the agency withdrew a total of N6bn (capital, overheads and salary) and generated N16bn (from sales of scratch cards, results etc), making a total of N24bn. The bigger blunder is actually that you are supposed to subtract your expenses from your revenue and not add them together, so she was supposed to say N10bn and not even N22bn or N24bn. One can forgive mathematical errors but this one pass am o, this is Nigeria's minister of finance that does not know when to add and when to subtract, a minister in charge of a portfolio worth billions of dollars!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Gbawe: 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2016
mercyville:
Normal people turned sadists because of defeat. Very pathetic..

True. They should hurry and take their case to the UN seeking the dismissal of Adeosun because she made an arithmetic mistake. Lord knows how many mistakes Jonathan made publicly, on his way to destroying Nigeria, yet they defended those mistakes and even gave him 100% of their vote so Jonathan, with his cronies like Dasuki et al, could continue misruling Nigeria and looting our commonwealth horrendously.
Very pathetic indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by simplycarro: 2:06pm On Feb 22, 2016
Gbawe:

Indeed. The world now knows that their current 'secession' agitation and pathological hatred of anything/anyone from the North and the SW is the product of the trauma they suffered over the loss of GEJ. They kept quite for the 5 years GEJ was President and favouring them now they are making hypocritical secession noise because of the pain of realising what they swore would never happen before the elections of 2015 , i.e their pledge of "abok1 will never rule me again", has come to pass. Naturally , as is always the case, they blame the Yorubas for voting out the ultra-corrupt GEJ who was on course to destroying Nigeria completely.

This is the only reason they attack Adeosun and Buhari daily rather than give both a fair length of time to succeed whereas they gave GEJ their 100% vote to receive another 4 years in charge and on top of the 5 years he had used to totally decimate Nigeria. NOI who, over years, supervised the biggest looting of Nigeria in history should return to her old job yet Adeosun who has been Minister for 4 months alone should be booted out for doing little wrong in a very difficult period even Houdini will struggle to free us from. These guys are nothing but pathetic creatures of hate and enemies of Nigeria's progress and wellbeing.

Unfortunately for them, the whole of Nigeria nay the world is fully aware of their unbridled hate for PMB, the SW and anyone from there.
They have this unwritten rule never to accept and come under the authority of anyone that doesn't speak their tongue as they happens to be the most unpleasant people in Nigeria.
Whether they like it or not, Nigeria will progress with or without them, it's their choice to make.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by simplycarro: 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
ballerjames23:
I really think everyone has missed the major point here!

In the video, she said the agency withdrew a total of N6bn (capital, overheads and salary) and generated N16bn (from sales of scratch cards, results etc), making a total of N24bn. The bigger blunder is actually that you are supposed to subtract your expenses from your revenue and not add them together, so she was supposed to say N10bn and not even N22bn or N24bn. One can forgive mathematical errors but this one pass am o, this is Nigeria's minister of finance that does not know when to add and when to subtract, a minister in charge of a portfolio worth billions of dollars!!!

You should listen to the video again. The 6BN is actually subvention from the govt.
Where is the subvention from government she talked about in your warped analysis?
Everybody want to form some kind of intelligence when obviously they are truly dullards.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Fess: 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2016
Cannot say it was a mistake, but she was simply overwhelmed with waning effects of change mantra on the economy. She could not conceive how to tackle a sliding economy

But like most nigerian politicians, she will never resign to save herself from further embarrassment
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ballerjames23: 2:18pm On Feb 22, 2016
Rephrase what you said so that "dullards" like me can understand...

Subvention or not, N6bn is expenditure and N16bn is revenue generated. You've spent N6bn to run it, you made N16bn, so the agency is meant to account for N10bn. What are you talking about??

simplycarro:

You should listen to the video again. The 6BN is actually subvention from the govt.
Where is the subvention from government she talked about in your warped analysis?
Everybody want to form some kind of intelligence when obviously they are truly dullards.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by simplycarro: 2:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
ballerjames23:
Rephrase what you said so that "dullards" like me can understand...

Subvention or not, N6bn is expenditure and N16bn is revenue generated. You've spent N6bn to run it, you made N16bn, so the agency is meant to account for N10bn. What are you talking about??

Did they generate the 6BN?
They simply ate the subventions and their own internally generated revenue.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Gbawe: 2:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
simplycarro:

Unfortunately for them, the whole of Nigeria nay the world is fully aware of their unbridled hate for PMB, the SW and anyone from there.
They have this unwritten rule never to accept and come under the authority of anyone that doesn't speak their tongue as they happens to be the most unpleasant people in Nigeria.
Whether they like it or not, Nigeria will progress with or without them, it's their choice to make.

Indeed. It was the same way some of us warned them that they cannot prevent Buhari from becoming President when they were making their empty pledge of "Abok1 will never rule me again". They will have the displeasure of watching "Abok1" and his team of patriotic Nigerians move Nigerians forward in ways Ali Baba (GEJ) and his forty thieves (NOI, Allison-Madueke, Obanikoro, Dasuki et al) never could. Indeed this is their greatest fear. I.e Nigeria achieving her potentials under "abok1".

They have now become really sadistic because of ethnocentric hatred of others and the defeat of GEJ they irresponsibly blame on the Yorubas without the moral uprightness to note that, unlike them, many Yorubas were awake to their civic duty of voting out GEJ before he completely destroyed Nigeria. The child who says his mother will not sleep will not sleep itself. Let them continue their enemies of progress antics. They are only destroying their relationship with other Nigerians as long as they remain in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ballerjames23: 2:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
Before you open your mouth to talk again, please do some accounting. Churrs

The agency did not generate N6bn, the agency SPENT N6bn to pay salaries of their employees, to take care of capital, and overheads, this falls under EXPENSES. By selling the results of candidates, they GENERATED N16bn which means people buying scratch cards and registration and results paid a total of N16bn in to the agency's account. N16bn is revenue.

From our simple accounting, we know REVENUE minus EXPENSES equals INCOME. IT IS NOT REVENUE plus EXPENSES.

Madam Kemi Adeosun was meant to say N10bn and not N22bn or N24bn

So please, go back to school "simplycarro". Or if you haven't gone to school, it is never too late.

simplycarro:

Did they generate the 6BN?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by simplycarro: 2:39pm On Feb 22, 2016
ballerjames23:
Before you open your mouth to talk again, please do some accounting. Churrs

The agency did not generate N6bn, the agency SPENT N6bn to pay salaries of their employees, to take care of capital, and overheads, this falls under EXPENSES. By selling the results of candidates, they GENERATED N16bn which means people buying scratch cards and registration and results paid a total of N16bn in to the agency's account. N16bn is revenue.

From our simple accounting, we know REVENUE minus EXPENSES equals INCOME. IT IS NOT REVENUE plus EXPENSES.

Madam Kemi Adeosun was meant to say N10bn and not N22bn or N24bn

So please, go back to school "simplycarro". Or if you haven't gone to school, it is never too late.

Did you for one bit listen at all to her explanation?
What you call expenses is what government GAVE them to run the place to pay recurrent items. It is not what they INCURRED to GENERATE the 16B
Why is comphrension so difficulty to some people ?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Organs(m): 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2016
lordoseji:
No wonder dollars is 400 Naira today when our
minister of FINANCE is calculating 16 + 6 as
24, and infact she was talking about
BILLIONS!! Can you imagine adding N2BN
like its nothing!?

Some of you talking sef cannot stand in front of camera or in front of people and talk so why the long story? for if you think she doesn't know the answer to 16+6, then, you need brain transplant......
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ballerjames23: 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
If you can't even spell or have a satisfactory command of the English language, I can't be holding constructive arguments with you.

Goodbye

simplycarro:

Did you for one bit listen at all to her explanation?
What you call expenses is what government GAVE them to run the place to pay recurrent items. It is not what they INCURRED to GENERATE the 16B
Why is comphrension so difficulty to some people ?

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Decryptor(m): 2:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
Gbawe:

This is the only reason they attack Adeosun and Buhari daily rather than give both a fair length of time to succeed whereas they gave GEJ their 100% vote towards GEJ receiving another 4 years in charge and on top of the 5 years he had used to totally decimate Nigeria. NOI who, over several years, supervised the biggest looting of Nigeria in history should return to her old job yet Adeosun who has been Minister for 4 months alone should be booted out for doing little wrong in a very difficult period even Houdini will struggle to free us from. These guys are nothing but pathetic creatures of hate and enemies of Nigeria's progress and wellbeing.

But it was ok to abuse GEJ and NOI right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by fabre4: 2:50pm On Feb 22, 2016
Tpave:
It's a mistake and nobody is above it. Like someone commented below, "If you have not made mistakes before in your life, post it here with all sincerity" The other said "Your brain needs to be checked, if you claim you haven't made mistakes before"

but u laughed at pej

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Kennedyiheme: 2:51pm On Feb 22, 2016
Some nairalanders are always foolis*h. This isn't a case at all, this is just a mistake, everybody makes mistakes....I'm an accounting student aswell, but when u ask me to calculate 14+8, I'll have to use my fingers....doesn't mean I'm not smart. Everybody isn't the same. Please nairalanders use your senses abeg. Everything na tribal sh*it for here. Na wa for una oo
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by simplycarro: 2:52pm On Feb 22, 2016
ballerjames23:
If you can't even spell or have a satisfactory command of the English language, I can't be holding constructive arguments with you.

Goodbye

Stick to the arguement and don't do an Ojukwuism on me. grin grin grin
If they have generated 16B and spent 6B as expenses, your argument will hold water, however the government GAVE a subvention of N6B and they generated another 16B, coming to a total cash inflow of N22B.

Many of you have NO IOTA of knowledge about what you are commenting on.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ballerjames23: 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
grin grin @ Ojukwuism

You still don't get the point. For one second, think of this... Imagine the agency did not exist and the government itself was handling the operations. That will mean the government essentially spent N6bn to pay salaries, and gained N16bn. Does that simplify things for you?

simplycarro:

Stick to the arguement and don't do an Ojukwuism on me. grin grin grin
If they have generated 16B and spent 6B as expenses, your argument will hold water, however the government GAVE a subvention of N6B and they generated another 16B, coming to a total cash inflow of N22B.

Many of you have NO IOTA of knowledge about what you are commenting on.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by simplycarro: 3:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
ballerjames23:
grin grin @ Ojukwuism

You still don't get the point. For one second, think of this... Imagine the agency did not exist and the government itself was handling the operations. That will mean the government essentially spent N6bn to pay salaries, and gained N16bn. Does that simplify things for you?

Imagine if the government did not subsidize them with 6B. What would have been their GROSS & NET INCOME.
Now imagine the government paying subvention of 6B, what should be their GROSS & NET INCOME

Your analogy defies every form of logic.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Scholarforever: 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2016
lordoseji:
i hear but do you know that Ms Kemi Adeosun is a chartered accountant
who has served as commissioner of Finance
in Ogun State.?
So what happens next? Remove her?
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ballerjames23: 3:14pm On Feb 22, 2016
This is the final time I will be responding to you.

Assume agency's account is as below

Subvention from government = +N6bn
Sales generation = +N16bn
Salary, overheads e.t.c. = -N6bn
Subvention returned to govt account = -N6bn

Total left in account = N10bn

Yes total cash inflow is N22bn but my point is they are meant to be accounting for N10bn and not N22bn or N24bn

simplycarro:

Imagine if the government did not subsidize them with 6B. What would have been their GROSS & NET INCOME.
Now imagine the government paying subvention of 6B, what should be their GROSS & NET INCOME

Your analogy defies every form of logic.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by simplycarro: 3:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
ballerjames23:
This is the final time I will be responding to you.

Assume agency's account is as below

Subvention from government = +N6bn
Sales generation = +N16bn
Salary, overheads e.t.c. = -N6bn
Subvention returned to govt account = -N6bn

Total left in account = N10bn

Yes total cash inflow is N22bn but my point is they are meant to be accounting for N10bn and not N22bn or N24bn

Since you've agreed that the total inflow isN22B (we are getting somewhere), good!
If total cash inflow is N22B and they spent N6B, what then should they be accounting for? 16B or 10B?
Stop discountenance of the N6B receipt from govt as that happens to be your problem
It's a very simple thing that you have refused to learn, but someone need to brake it down into the simplest form for you. grin
THEY SHOULD ACCOUNT FOR THE TOTAL RECEIPTS
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ATajur(m): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2016
pls can sombody send me d video? because my fone not able to open in youtube
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by nathdim: 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2016
Tpave:
It's a mistake and nobody is above it. Like someone commented below, "If you have not made mistakes before in your life, post it here with all sincerity" The other said "Your brain needs to be checked, if you claim you haven't made mistakes before"
it's your type dat will not let patience Jonathan rest

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2016
By mere listening to this woman, one would know she is not very sound.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
adconline:

My friend, it's hard trying to fix folks like u.. Always justifying mediocrity! Doctors and lawyers go with " DO" not " DOES
Am saying it because everybody make mistake and nobody is perfect. There is how you say it or twist it because human are bound to make mistake
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Obamina(m): 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ma'am it's not 24 ooooo it's 166... There are mistakes that you can't afford to make pals! It's just like Wole Soyinka saying ' i didn't dey there'
Tpave:
It's a mistake and nobody is above it.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Cmiller(m): 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
While we will be praying for her to have a steady brain network lets donate money to get her a modern ABACUS..
Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ifeanyi83(m): 5:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
I love her perfect mix of British and Nigerian accents... grin

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2016
ElFenomeno1:

Prime auditing firms like? Go on, list them!
price water housecooper. in case you dont know
Re: Kemi Adeosun Says 16+6= 24 (video) by ajawara(m): 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2016
Babzrockman:
Have u people forgotten that; PDP governors once said 16 is higher than 19,

Does your analogy really make sense? Shun partisan politics and make reasonable contribution that will effect the goodwill and best technocrat needed to move our country to greater height. CHANGE!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho: 'I Am Not Afraid Of Police Arrest' (Video) / Who Handed Us Over To These APC Gangsters? Paul Enenche (Video) / Bloody Coup: Emir Sanusi Sends Nigeria A Very Strong Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.