Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite (48951 Views)

Constituents Threaten To Recall Senator Ben Bruce For Non-performance / UK Terrorist Attack: Nigerians Slam PMB On Twitter / AMCON: Kunle Adegoke Mocks Ben Murray-Bruce For ‘Skinning Nigerians Alive’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by gretblue: 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
I would have taken this Bruce serious if he has been this vocal when his fellow country Otueke fisherman was running the affairs of this Nation like a Banana Republic.Asap everything was perfect to him when stealing is not a corruption was in the affairs of government.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by hucienda: 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
The lady tweeting at the APC handle shows the senator has really gotten under their skin... so they have been looking for any means to rein him in... and this book aptly presented itself. Fair game.
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by TheGap: 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
sometimes i wonder how we reason in this part of the world and applying common sense to every aspect of our ideology.first ask yourself when did he start the #buynigeriagrownigeria campaign and when did he start writing the book common sense revolution was it or after the Naira was losing against the Dollar? lets just not assume from the blind side just to critize a valid view
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by ohenhen1: 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
He is a politician. What did you expect?
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by dhesire(m): 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
MissingBudget:
If you know anything about publishing, you will know that our publishing houses here are not up to standard. He wants the best for his book. Get over it. Maybe when he needs quality medical attention he should also go to Nigerian hospitals and die abi?

Have you ever heard of Brila Press?
Guess you havent, thats why you talk/type like this.
Go get information, dear!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Tmercy(m): 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
MissingBudget:
If you know anything about publishing, you will know that our publishing houses here are not up to standard. He wants the best for his book. Get over it. Maybe when he needs quality medical attention he should also go to Nigerian hospitals and die abi?
lyk dey killed Dora Akunyili. Naija doctors told her she's got cancer Oyinbo doctors tel her say she no get, Abeg wein kill her?

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by TheGap: 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
was the book writing and publish before the Naira started sliding against the Dollar or after?
obiremy:
Vocal politician, Ben Murray-Bruce may just be the perfect example of popular saying ‘practice what you preach.’

Yesterday, Nigerians proved they were watching the politician closely when someone went on Twitter to ‘expose’ the Silverbird CEO for doing the exact opposite of what he has been advocating for weeks now: #BuyNaijatoGrowTheNaira.

At his 60th birthday party,which took place a few days ago in Abuja, Mr. Bruce launched his A CommonSense Revolution book and shared free copies to guests in attendance. One would naturally think the ‘common sense’ speaker would have published his book in Nigeria but it appears the Senator has more faith in the American printing press.

The observant Nigerians shared book on Twitter saying : So, #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira advocate made his book in the USA. Haba! Immediately Nigerians reacted and they took heavy shots at Mr.bruce calling him a ‘hypocrite’ and a ‘noise maker’. One person even went as far as calling him a ‘first class fool.’

See their reactions above:

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/nigerians-slam-ben-bruce-for-printing.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by tsdarkside(m): 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ganoderma:
Dem don come again oooo!!!

How many serious presses do you have in Nigeria?

2 of my books that I have been trying to publish with a supposedly reputable printing press (name withheld) for over 2 years now is not even close to seeing the light of day despite the fact that it has been approved by the company's editors. If I have this opportunity Ben Bruce has, I wont even think twice.

Abeg make all of una go siddon find something worthwhile to do jare

who cares if its sub-standard....what is writing in the book,is what we care about,not the beautiful,elegant superior,masterpiece book cover...

you want to tell me,we nigerians are not capable of printing readable books??,,,,,,are you mad!!!.... angry angry angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by lilmax(m): 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
Nigerians just love to attack for no reason cheesy

I cant find any reasonable reason to call him hypocritical yet
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by mpowa(m): 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
MissingBudget:

Didn't want to join this discussion but I need to respond to this. There is nothing you want to print outside Nigeria that you can't print here, Nothing! The Print industry in Nigeria is very well developed, you will see inferior print, good enough and HIGHLY QUALITY PRINT, Pls look for another excuse.

And who is he printing his books for? People from the moon? Is it not for Nigerians, what quality will suffice?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Goke7: 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ben bruce brought this upon himself, in Nigeria when you play politics, you must ready for the long haul. The moment Ben bruce came into the political soccer field with his twitter rants especially with his attacks whether constructively or not, I knew it was only a matter of time before guys will find a loophole to try and even scores with him.

I support his 'buy made in naija' campaign but some of his previous twitter rants especially when the price of fuel was fixed at 86.5 naira per litre were a 'no no' for me. Ben bruce should play his political game more wisely cos he will meet more of this on his political journey

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by menxer: 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
Na wa for una oooo

That's just Silverbird printing press USA branch

Hahahahahahahahaha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
Do you people even know when he wrote that book in the first place? You have to ascertain that first
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by SirShymexx: 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
Loool.

Pookie from the block. The bootleg White nyggah loool

Cc: sukkot

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by gbens2000(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
None of this block heads would figure that all this are propagandas,one thing wrong and everyone is against him already.so all the positive and push to make us reason well and do the right thing has been swept under the carpet.i would not criticize him becuz he has proved he means well for the growth of the Nigerian economy for nw until we hear from him it's really hard to jump into conclusion.atleast he has done wat many senators didn't use their common sense to do so far.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Blackops(m): 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
MissingBudget:
I guess you have not heard of Macmillian, Spectrum, Kachifo, Lantern, even University Press. These printing agencies publish books of high quality that can compete with Penguin, McGraw or Bantam.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by MissingBudget: 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
mpowa:

Didn't want to join this discussion but I need to respond to this. There is nothing you want to print outside Nigeria that you can't print here, Nothing! The Print industry in Nigeria is very well developed, you will see inferior print, good enough and HIGHLY QUALITY PRINT, Pls look for another excuse.

And who is he printing his books for? People from the moon?

I am responding to you because of the manner in which you replied. I agree my earlier argument was inferior because I actually know about publishing in Nigeria. That said, I feel he published with the company that offered him a better deal plus good marketing structure.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
The publisher of a literary work goes a long way to affect the reach. A worldwide renowned publisher gives your book a worldwide reach. How many of such publishers do we have in Nigeria?
You don't need any special reach for a car or a shoe. I will only call him an hypocrite if his suits are made in Italy.
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by dhesire(m): 12:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
I have never and will never believe this Ben 'BRUISE" guy,
his common sense is so worthless and so common that it is
every where like pure water, thereby losing its value.
Talk of publishing his useless book in the US and still come back
to cajole both his paid and unpaid sorrowful followers to #buynaijagrowthenaira

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by YGF07(m): 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
abbeycial:
over to u Bruce

it cud be a typo error or maybe APC was trying to set him up or maybe he composed the book ova there in USA.
am sure he wld come up with a good defence.
After all,he is a social media senator.

bottom line-
believe any politician at ur own risk.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by kaziblake(f): 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
MissingBudget:
I laugh at you.
Youths of this country,leader of tomorrow.
Smh

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by jacy67(f): 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
MissingBudget:

So if they print finish, Rat no go fit chop am abi?sad

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by blackprowler: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
MissingBudget:

It's a fact: you're a fool. The dictionary has a meaning for "fool" and the meaning is not "insult". Check it out

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by YGF07(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
Blackops:

I guess you have not heard of Macmillian, Spectrum, Kachifo, Lantern, even University Press. These printing agencies publish books of high quality that can compete with Penguin, McGraw or Bantam.

Abeg tell am.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by mpowa(m): 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
MissingBudget:

I am responding to you because of the manner in which you replied. I agree my earlier argument was inferior because I actually know about publishing in Nigeria. That said, I feel he published with the company that offered him a better deal.

Then he shouldn't be the one to champion the #BuyMadeInNigeriaGoods Campaign if he can't find any good enough company in Nigeria as large as the Print Industry is and their quality level, he should just keep quiet because he doesn't believe in what he's saying.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke Wins Osun PDP Governorship Primary / Prophet Odumeje Visits Abia Government House, Anthony Agbazuere Sprays Him Money / Donald Trump Welcomes President Buhari To The White House (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.