Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite (48963 Views)

Constituents Threaten To Recall Senator Ben Bruce For Non-performance / UK Terrorist Attack: Nigerians Slam PMB On Twitter / AMCON: Kunle Adegoke Mocks Ben Murray-Bruce For ‘Skinning Nigerians Alive’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Burger01(m): 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
stevecantrell:

Neither am I..
...me too. I've always known Mr #fakecommonsense to be a fat nyansh hypocrite undecided

MissingBudget:
If you know anything about publishing, you will know that our publishing houses here are not up to standard. He wants the best for his book. Get over it. Maybe when he needs quality medical attention he should also go to Nigerian hospitals and die abi?
Where have you been having your medical attentions Why are you still alive? So, not a single standard publishing house in this country? People like you and your ilks are the problem of this country...the reason the economy is poor undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by rahman3853(m): 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
Why are we fussing ourselves on this man ish....? For cry out loud he is a politician, a deceiver and a smooth talker, I don't take politician seriously wen they speak, they mostly speak to impress not to express their main intents. Few days ago he posted made in aba foot wears and I smiled, knowing he probably bought the foot wears for his house help or less privilegem. We have loads of publishers here in Nigeria yet he tOok that money to the States. Shows he is just a sycophant and a sociopath who should not be counted serious. Abegi make we just bone him matter.......mchewwwww

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by MissingBudget: 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
mpowa:

Then he shouldn't be the one to champion the #BuyMadeInNigeriaGoods Campaign if he can't find any good enough company in Nigeria as large as the Print Industry is and their quality level, he should just keep quiet because he doesn't believe in what he's saying.

He has actually shown commitment to his campaign. You don't really expect him to get everything from Nigeria because of his campaign. He may have struck a better deal outside, or even signed a precontract agreement before starting his naira campaign.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by viklucci: 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
I expect ben bruce to reply or at least say something since he is so much in love with social media. smh
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by sukkot: 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
SirShymexx:
Loool.

Pookie from the block. The bootleg White nyggah loool

Cc: sukkot
lmao these clowns called politicians. you know what gets me ? these cretins write books expecting people to buy and read ? what brain dead person will buy ben murrays book and read it ? for what ? what does he have to say that is so important ? what knowledge can ben murray bruce impart on society ? ANIMAL FARM INDEED cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by bingocalous(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
I was born and brought up in publishing, there's nothing about his book that can't be publish or printed here in NAIJA, Stop making excuses for his failures.
MissingBudget:
If you know anything about publishing, you will know that our publishing houses here are not up to standard. He wants the best for his book. Get over it. Maybe when he needs quality medical attention he should also go to Nigerian hospitals and die abi?

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Rotimi47: 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ben!!!
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
That guy is a scam to the rafters, imagine him denying thousands of local printers the opportunity of printing his book, published by foreign publishers angry he's been talking crap about patronizing locally made stuffs and his his Cinema are repeatedly airing majorly foreign movies i.e. Ozone Cinema... he talks about youths taking over public offices and yet at age 59 years, he bought a senatorial seat ticket in 2015... I never liked people like him...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by kaziblake(f): 1:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
Holyman3:
Coming from Lauretta Onochie, the APC prostitute.
calling somebody's wife prostitute?
You got sisters and mother.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Coolcube: 1:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
Lets be open-minded pals, and stop accusing Murray based on the assumption that he know about the printing. Fine, he may know about it, and if so, he is a hypocrite. But as someone who works in one of the best publishing firms here in Nigeria with good foreign links, I can tell you that only a few printing press in Nigeria can give you the best in terms of printing. The likes of Afkar (owned by Bola Ahmed Tinubu but managed by a White man), Global Plus and Academy Press, all in Lagos, are among the few good printing presses in Nigeria that can rub shoulders with printing presses overseas, especially those in India, in terms of quality but not in prices - printing in India is cheaper. Therefore, publishing houses normally go outside the shores of the country to print. And in addition, the CHOICE OF WHERE TO PRINT belongs to the PUBLISHER NOT THE AUTHOR. Such things as where to print are hardly stated in Author-Publisher Contract, and the publisher, most often than not, do what seems best in terms of quality and price.

I know those in the business can ascertain this, and those who are willing to learn can research on this. Someone may be wondering why printing overseas is cheaper; they have got good machines which make work faster and the do not charge based on colour - a book with one colour is charged as a book with "four or full colours".

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by truthspeaks: 1:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ur argument no jst gel. So printing it in US will give it a global appeal while printing it in 9ja will do wat...make it a local txtbk abi?. Hypocrite. Una don see ppl wey no go skul wey una fit manipulate wit any conjured statement
Atlantian:
I havent read the book, so I do not know the context of the material and its targeted audience. If the principles within the bookl is meant for a macrocosmic audience, then the book needs a worldwide audience, so printing and especially distributorship by a Nigerian company will not capture that audience. You might want to argue that the context is Nigerian, but there are several millions of Nigerians in Diaspora.

Ben Bruce has been the ONLY voice of hope in this heat-permeating, electrically-inefficient, politically-myopic, economically-recessing contraption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by MARINS(f): 1:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
And he had to retweet this.... This man is foolish

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by SirShymexx: 1:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
sukkot:
lmao these clowns called politicians. you know what gets me ? these cretins write books expecting people to buy and read ? what brain dead person will buy ben murrays book and read it ? for what ? what does he have to say that is so important ? what knowledge can ben murray bruce impart on society ? ANIMAL FARM INDEED cheesy

Lmao. That is why the IQ of naij folks stay reducing. A clown who doesn't even know that if he's to be the face of indigenous products, it has to start with his name lol. Pookie is that dumb.

Why are you surprised? Despite how much of a failure GEJ was - he's demigod to some accursed and blinkered plebs.

I don't even know how these folks get rich in that animal farm and even win elections. Brev, it seems I can be a billionaire in naij within a year if these re.tards can make it in that jungle that easily looool.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by uchennamani(m): 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
dammytosh:
LOL.

hypocrisy can not be hidden for too long.

What happened to Brilla Press grin grin grin
Naija ?

That Ben is just beefing up his credentials. His destination is Bayelsa Govt house / PDP Vice Presidential Candidate. Well, I see it differently. We certainly need to grow the Naira by consuming things/products manufactured in Nigeria. This is a fact! His message has found its roots in the hearts of right thinking Nigerians. Though, he didn't do well by printing his book in the U.S, assuming he did print it there, his message of growing the Naira is quite commendable. His likes should be in Politics. I fully subscribe to the Common sense Politics!

It will all be achieved with the common sense revolution. Thanks to the gullible masses who believed KIA Seoul was made in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by charlesucheh(m): 1:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
He shouldn't forget to alwayS patronize Naija hospitals too and to always put on his bayelsa native attire on....
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Burger01(m): 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
tsdarkside:

who cares if its sub-standard....what is writing in the book,is what we care about,not the beautiful,elegant superior,masterpiece book cover...

you want to tell me,we nigerians are not capable of printing readable books??,,,,,,are you mad!!!.... angry angry angry
Lol. Don't mind them...they and their #uncommonsense ilks think Nigerians are ineffectual buffoons cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by sukkot: 1:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lmao. That is why the IQ of naij folks stay reducing. A clown who doesn't even know that if he's to be the face of indigenous products, it has to start with his name lol. Pookie is that dumb.

Why are you surprised? Despite how much of a failure GEJ was - he's demigod to some accursed and blinkered plebs.

I don't even know how these folks get rich in that animal farm and even win elections. Brev, it seems I can be a billionaire in naij within a year if these re.tards can make it in that jungle that easily looool.
bruv, there is unity and brotherhood amongst re-tards controlling the country. you not breaking into that circle if you are intelligent. trust me. so intelligence will bring you poverty in that country. if not for buhari that adeosun girl will not be in the circle. when she came and spoke intelligent during her senate speech - everyone looked at her in disgust. re-tards recognize and favor only fellow retards in power tongue

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by tinsel: 1:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ben Bruce has captured the mind and soul of ipob youths. Anything against this government is a welcome developement.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by leksy07(m): 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
obiremy:
Vocal politician, Ben Murray-Bruce may just be the perfect example of popular saying ‘practice what you preach.’

Yesterday, Nigerians proved they were watching the politician closely when someone went on Twitter to ‘expose’ the Silverbird CEO for doing the exact opposite of what he has been advocating for weeks now: #BuyNaijatoGrowTheNaira.

At his 60th birthday party,which took place a few days ago in Abuja, Mr. Bruce launched his A CommonSense Revolution book and shared free copies to guests in attendance. One would naturally think the ‘common sense’ speaker would have published his book in Nigeria but it appears the Senator has more faith in the American printing press.

The observant Nigerians shared book on Twitter saying : So, #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira advocate made his book in the USA. Haba! Immediately Nigerians reacted and they took heavy shots at Mr.bruce calling him a ‘hypocrite’ and a ‘noise maker’. One person even went as far as calling him a ‘first class fool.’

See their reactions above:

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/nigerians-slam-ben-bruce-for-printing.html

me no kuku ma dey believe all wetin dis twitter erubebe dey alws talk before
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
Atlantian:
I havent read the book, so I do not know the context of the material and its targeted audience. If the principles within the bookl is meant for a macrocosmic audience, then the book needs a worldwide audience, so printing and especially distributorship by a Nigerian company will not capture that audience. You might want to argue that the context is Nigerian, but there are several millions of Nigerians in Diaspora.

Ben Bruce has been the ONLY voice of hope in this heat-permeating, electrically-inefficient, politically-myopic, economically-recessing contraption.

Your defence is annoying.

Even literary giants like Soyinka, JP Clark, Femi Osofisan have books published locally by University Press PlC, Ibadan and Spectrum.

An Orange Prize winner, Chimamanda Adichie's acclaimed novels, Purple Hibiscus, Half of a Yellow Sun and Americanah were published by Farafina, a Nigerian publishing house.

Takadini was published by Literamed Publications Limited.

Hidden Star by the late South African literary genius, K. Sello Duiker was published by Cassava Republic.

Olusegun Obasanjo's My Watch was published by Farafina.

Go and check great and award winning books published by Krafts Books Limited based in Ibadan.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
tsdarkside:

who cares if its sub-standard....what is writing in the book,is what we care about,not the beautiful,elegant superior,masterpiece book cover...

you want to tell me,we nigerians are not capable of printing readable books??,,,,,,are you mad!!!.... angry angry angry

Well ..... first of all I doubt you are the reading type seeing as you cant even behave in a civil manner. Why the insults? I have not insulted you so please don't insult me. I am more than capable of raining down insults you probably have never thought about in your entire life.

Secondly, if you were an author you would care about the quality of your publishers work. After-all your aim for writing is to use your skills to do something creative and profit from it. I care about my book cover because it is what makes a first impression. If my book cover was shabby and poorly done I doubt you would ever take the time to even read the name of the book not to mention the content however good it might be.

I did not saying Nigerians are not capable.......my 2 books are with Nigerian publishers.
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by redcliff: 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
MissingBudget:

EDITED: I agree to making an inferior case above, but I won't cower and delete it. And please stop quoting to insult me. It is my opinion, though faulty.

actually, our printing is very good. I used to be a graphic designer and I can tell you i have seen some really good stuffs out there in lagos. Especially onipanu
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by wristbangle: 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
So far today, the score line of today news headline remain like this

Zombie 3-0 Wailers
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by dizter(m): 1:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
Atlantian:

my broda i disagree with u many award winning books have been published in nigeria...............u saying rubbish angry
Atlantian:

my broda i disagree with u many award winning books have been published in nigeria...............u saying rubbish
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by daygee12: 1:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
I know it from time that dis man is a FAKE, he only looks like Obama but thinks like Obanikoro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Alwaystruth: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
Grow up dude,nothing like wailers anywhere anymore because everybody in the country has turned to wailer due
to the dullard you all foisted on us..Grow up for once ..
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Alwaystruth: 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
Intelligent man spotted
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by amusbay(m): 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
I know this man is a Fake., chameleon politician/human tricks to defraud us of our resource.
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by ibile1: 1:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
gists:
Do As I Say.......
...... Not As I Do grin grin grin

thats for the puppets

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Replies INEC On Zamfara Primary Elections / Prophet Odumeje Visits Abia Government House, Anthony Agbazuere Sprays Him Money / Chimamanda Adichie, Datti Baba-Ahmed Join Obi At PEPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.