Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite (49191 Views)

Constituents Threaten To Recall Senator Ben Bruce For Non-performance / UK Terrorist Attack: Nigerians Slam PMB On Twitter / AMCON: Kunle Adegoke Mocks Ben Murray-Bruce For ‘Skinning Nigerians Alive’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by okuneddie(m): 4:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=MissingBudget post=43198597]If you know anything about publishing, you will know that our publishing houses here are not up to standard. He wants the best for his book. Get over it. Maybe when he needs quality medical attention he should also go to Nigerian hospitals and die abi?

hello, I guess u should have heard about Macmillan, University press PLC, Evans brothers and lots more....these are publishing companies that are in Ibadan, the have published many award winning novels, they published novels by our profs that won Nobel prize, they have branches worldwide so I don't think if he wants worldwide sales he can't make it with them.....if can even sell more than Woke Soyinka or Chinua Achebe's novels......Even the Mighty Cyprian Ekwesi's ( I sure I didn't get the spelling right) books were published by these companies and are all over the world.....I have always seem him as an attention seeker and I don't blame pple that follow him....its their choice.....I'm just happy his yansh don blow open
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by tosyne2much(m): 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2016
justmenoni:
Some Nigerians and ignorancy are like siamese twins...if the publisher is an American coy and they're going to sell worldwide then you shouldn't expect them to print in Nigeria....we don't know who the publishers are(Abi if to sey na so book easy tosyne2much sef no go Don print enough romantic Abi na sexual novels?)
Baba, me I no sabi book even for school ooooo cheesy
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by iwatchandlisten(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
Senator Ben Bruce is urging us all to patronise goods and services made in Nigeria and priced in Naira right? Is there anything wrong with that? I have been doing that whenever I get the opportunity, and that was why I was the first people to buy Glo line to encourage them to grow. SBB put his money where his mouth is by using HIS RESOURCES to buy made in Nigeria vehicles (INNOSON) and assembled in NIgeria car (KIA SOUL) and using his presence on social media to give free adverts and visibility to them; is there anything wrong with that?

This same SBB attended a made-in-Aba (NIGERIA) products exhibition in Abuja, ordered some items and gave them free publicity on his social media platform, as well as granting the producers free space in his malls to display and make their goods available to more people in the country, did he do bad? Is SBB delivering a repugnant message, or some people just dont like the fact that SBB is the one delivering that message, which if we all, especially the government, embrace will actually improve our economy, and enhance our pride as a people? I actually like the PROSUMER word that he coined -- consuming what we produce. We will always find fault in others if we look hard enough, but will that solve our problems?
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by justmenoni: 5:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
Lol but u sabi tibitibi, no worry we go find publisher grin cheesy

tosyne2much:
Baba, me I no sabi book even for school ooooo cheesy
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Mike008(m): 5:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
I think the title of the book and the cover photo makes a lot of sense.
It is his common sense that needs revolution.

It beats my imagination that this mans albino skin and his falsly concocted name makes him feel a whole lot like a white man.

If this man wanted a classic printing press but couldn't find one in Nigeria, its a good reason to set up one, because I think he has the money.
But the truth is there are very many classic publishing companies in Nigeria. Ts simply lack of "common sense".

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by PentiumPro(f): 5:32pm On Feb 24, 2016
Naija Obama, Senator Soyoyo, a.k.a Alabi Yellow is simply a man bent on leading gullible IPOB astray. grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by winningwinner(m): 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
Where on earth can you see made in Nigeria book? Does Nigeria produce books? I want to see a made in Nigeria book. He preaches that we buy made in Nigeria goods, yes, but there are no made in Nigeria papers. Quote me anywhere!
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by jowa16: 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
I concur
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by rhozaay(m): 6:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
to be honest though
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by jaynee1: 6:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
Dagaya:
Am expecting an epic reply from the advocate of the common sense revolution..
We love him like dis oh..all this zombies feeding on this thread..I know he is going to disappoint u all with his response..team BMB
Hahaha BMB I never taught of that! Ermm I Love this Nigeria sha... growing wiser by the day. Nobody fit fool around with anyone again. For sure common sense is something we don't lack.lol
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by HomeOfMe(f): 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
obiremy:
Vocal politician, Ben Murray-Bruce may just be the perfect example of popular saying ‘practice what you preach.’

Yesterday, Nigerians proved they were watching the politician closely when someone went on Twitter to ‘expose’ the Silverbird CEO for doing the exact opposite of what he has been advocating for weeks now: #BuyNaijatoGrowTheNaira.

At his 60th birthday party,which took place a few days ago in Abuja, Mr. Bruce launched his A CommonSense Revolution book and shared free copies to guests in attendance. One would naturally think the ‘common sense’ speaker would have published his book in Nigeria but it appears the Senator has more faith in the American printing press.

The observant Nigerians shared book on Twitter saying : So, #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira advocate made his book in the USA. Haba! Immediately Nigerians reacted and they took heavy shots at Mr.bruce calling him a ‘hypocrite’ and a ‘noise maker’. One person even went as far as calling him a ‘first class fool.’

See their reactions above:

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/nigerians-slam-ben-bruce-for-printing.html
The truth is that all Nigerians are hypocrites-south Africans.
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by meccuno: 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2016
Jokerman:
Nigerians or APC supporters??
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by debedebe(m): 7:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
Make him dey show Naija Nollywood movies @ his Silverbird Gallery....lol grin
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by olayinkaj2(m): 7:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
He will soon come out to defend himself. Note.
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by SirShymexx: 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
sukkot:
bruv, there is unity and brotherhood amongst re-tards controlling the country. you not breaking into that circle if you are intelligent. trust me. so intelligence will bring you poverty in that country. if not for buhari that adeosun girl will not be in the circle. when she came and spoke intelligent during her senate speech - everyone looked at her in disgust. re-tards recognize and favor only fellow retards in power tongue

Bwahahahaha.

But most Nigerians are very re.tarded though. Apart from thumping certificates everywhere like book-keepers, they're always empty up there. grin It takes a group of superior re.tards to control lower re.tards. grin
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Baylam(m): 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
Lol ben bruce is too good to be true, So the nigga isn't real
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by bennymark(m): 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
If sense was common, every mad man would have had it, including the albino without a common sense.

Not forgeting propaganda preachers like GEJ worships, IPad/Biafra, and all those who opened 2nd nairaland account with fake names inn order to broadcast hate messages and propaganda.

Sense is not common. Receive it IJNN
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by CioAngels(f): 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ben bruce just confirmed that he is not a Nigerian but just fooling Nigerians becos to him he is smart. Nigeria were foreigners reigns supreme
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
Dagaya:
Am expecting an epic reply from the advocate of the common sense revolution..
We love him like dis oh..all this zombies feeding on this thread..I know he is going to disappoint u all with his response..team BMB

Y are U acting like a simpleton naa ?

U are still trying to defend him
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
Atlantian:
I havent read the book, so I do not know the context of the material and its targeted audience. If the principles within the bookl is meant for a macrocosmic audience, then the book needs a worldwide audience, so printing and especially distributorship by a Nigerian company will not capture that audience. You might want to argue that the context is Nigerian, but there are several millions of Nigerians in Diaspora.

Ben Bruce has been the ONLY voice of hope in this heat-permeating, electrically-inefficient, politically-myopic, economically-recessing contraption.

Ur diction makes U sound smart
but Ur point portrays U as a simpleton
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Dagaya(m): 11:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
Who God has blessed no one can curse..not drink panadol for another man headache., truth is I really like the guy..as someone I like I really believe it is imperative I here what he has to say before I draw conclusions..meanwhile there are always three sides to a story, theirs, his and the truth..so am going to wait for his epic reply..team BMB
OLUJOSHINS:

Y are U acting like a simpleton naa ?

U are still trying to defend him
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by DTaj: 11:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
MissingBudget:
If you know anything about publishing, you will know that our publishing houses here are not up to standard. He wants the best for his book. Get over it. Maybe when he needs quality medical attention he should also go to Nigerian hospitals and die abi?

EDITED: I agree to making an inferior case above, but I won't cower and delete it. And please stop quoting to insult me. It is my opinion, though faulty.

You are so dumb! Publishing firms such as Kachifo, Cassava Republic are damn good printers and their records are there. Obasanjo's "My Watch" is a testament to solid, quality, Nigeria-based publishers.

You have the right to worship Ben Bruce and anything PDP, but shut up and don't make comments on things you do not have any clue about! Daftie...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by calabardick(m): 1:22am On Feb 25, 2016
dammytosh:
LOL.

hypocrisy can not be hidden for too long.

What happened to Brilla Press grin grin grin
Naija ?

That Ben is just beefing up his credentials. His destination is Bayelsa Govt house / PDP Vice Presidential Candidate.

It will all be achieved with the common sense revolution. Thanks to the gullible masses who believed KIA Seoul was made in Nigeria.

"My Name is Ben Bruce, I just want to make ConMan's sense to the gullible."

this tweeter senator again, another fisherman eyeing aso rock again? well, in peedeepee anything can rule.
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by calabardick(m): 1:28am On Feb 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

Bwahahahaha.

But most Nigerians are very re.tarded though. Apart from thumping certificates everywhere like book-keepers, they're always empty up there. grin It takes a group of superior re.tards to control lower re.tards. grin

hahahahahaha,

but that is naija4u, re.tards in powa

they guy dey talk tru.
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Badguytinz(m): 3:54am On Feb 25, 2016
ok so if he printed his book in america nko?....
jeez NIgerians need to get over themselves...
I dont know why we hate promising leaders for no just cause....
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by pablus: 4:27am On Feb 25, 2016
smart and aware Nigerians! if true, hope this guy doesn't get re-elected. fake people
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 5:09am On Feb 25, 2016
abbeycial:
over to u Bruce

it cud be a typo error or maybe APC was trying to set him up or maybe he composed the book ova there in USA.
am sure he wld come up with a good defence.
After all,he is a social media senator.

bottom line-
believe any politician at ur own risk.

[size=13pt]The fact that his purchases are not 100% Nigerian does not take away credit from the idea that we must continue to shift our purchases towards Nigerian from non-Nigerian and does not erase everything done by him and others to encourage this trend.

:: Buying made in Aba shoes.
:: Creating space for made in Aba shoes to be sold in Silverbird malls nationwide
:: Public buying of Innoson Car. Good promotion for the Nigerian car maker.

It is foolishness to call a man that will invest his hard-earned money and not oil block money, into buying made in Naija and providing logistics for made in naija to thrive, a hypocrite, when he has put his money, and continues to put his money/resources, where his mouth is, simply because obviously not 100% of his purchases are currently Nigerian.

Is there anyone who has put his money (or even govt money) where his mouth is on this issue like Mr. Bruce? They have neither put their own money (nor govt allocations) where their #buyNaija mouths are and yet it is Ben Murray-Bruce that attracts such dubious and fraudulent criticisms.

It would seem to me, that folks found on this track are kantankerous souls not committed to any form of worthy ideal but are only driven by a dark heart against anything that seems to shine bright and good, which probably does not seem to be coming out of the political clique they wished it was coming out from.
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3417232_buynaijatogrowthenaira_jpegc70298ca15811d833bef15ec948c605d
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 5:11am On Feb 25, 2016
gists:
Do As I Say.......
...... Not As I Do grin grin grin

[size=13pt]The fact that his purchases are not 100% Nigerian does not take away credit from the idea that we must continue to shift our purchases towards Nigerian from non-Nigerian and does not erase everything done by him and others to encourage this trend.

:: Creating space for made in Aba shoes to be sold in Silverbird malls nationwide

It is foolishness to call a man that will invest his hard-earned money and not oil block money, into buying made in Naija and providing logistics for made in naija to thrive, a hypocrite, when he has put his money, and continues to put his money/resources, where his mouth is, simply because obviously not 100% of his purchases are currently Nigerian.

Is there anyone who has put his money (or even govt money) where his mouth is on this issue like Mr. Bruce? They have neither put their own money (nor govt allocations) where their #buyNaija mouths are and yet it is Ben Murray-Bruce that attracts such dubious and fraudulent criticisms.

It would seem to me, that folks found on this track are kantankerous souls not committed to any form of worthy ideal but are only driven by a dark heart against anything that seems to shine bright and good, which probably does not seem to be coming out of the political clique they wished it was coming out from.
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3417232_buynaijatogrowthenaira_jpegc70298ca15811d833bef15ec948c605d
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 5:12am On Feb 25, 2016
Montaque:
practice what u preach

[/size]

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 5:12am On Feb 25, 2016
madridguy:
Na so God go continue to open their yansh useless mofos. Na so God go dey disgrace them one by one. Bariga, Lagos is full of competent printing press yet the Uncommon sense activist carry money go US.

[/size]

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 5:13am On Feb 25, 2016
wirinet:

If Ben Bruce feels Nigerian publishing houses are not up to standard, then he has no business promoting "made in Nigeria". Aba made shoes cannot compare with the standard of Italian made shoes. Even innoson cars cannot measure up to the standard European, US or Japanese cars, so why should anybody buy made in Nigeria.

[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Benin Republic Invades Kwara, Nigeria Takes Over 16 Border Villages / Saraki Is Technically Out Of Office! / Saraki Reacts To Viral Audio On Helping Buhari In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.