Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite (48912 Views)

Constituents Threaten To Recall Senator Ben Bruce For Non-performance / UK Terrorist Attack: Nigerians Slam PMB On Twitter / AMCON: Kunle Adegoke Mocks Ben Murray-Bruce For ‘Skinning Nigerians Alive’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 5:15am On Feb 25, 2016
mentorandfriend:
Only wailers and gullible IPOB Youths take this attention seeker for his words.

I see him as another typical Nigerian politician who works on the emotions of the masses and throws us away when they get to where they're going.

[size=13pt]The fact that his purchases are not 100% Nigerian does not take away credit from the idea that we must continue to shift our purchases towards Nigerian from non-Nigerian and does not erase everything done by him and others to encourage this trend.

:: Buying made in Aba shoes.
:: Creating space for made in Aba shoes to be sold in Silverbird malls nationwide
:: Public buying of Innoson Car. Good promotion for the Nigerian car maker.

It is foolishness to call a man that will invest his hard-earned money and not oil block money, into buying made in Naija and providing logistics for made in naija to thrive, a hypocrite, when he has put his money, and continues to put his money/resources, where his mouth is, simply because obviously not 100% of his purchases are currently Nigerian.

Is there anyone who has put his money (or even govt money) where his mouth is on this issue like Mr. Bruce? They have neither put their own money (nor govt allocations) where their #buyNaija mouths are and yet it is Ben Murray-Bruce that attracts such dubious and fraudulent criticisms.

It would seem to me, that folks found on this track are kantankerous souls not committed to any form of worthy ideal but are only driven by a dark heart against anything that seems to shine bright and good, which probably does not seem to be coming out of the political clique they wished it was coming out from.
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3417232_buynaijatogrowthenaira_jpegc70298ca15811d833bef15ec948c605d
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 5:15am On Feb 25, 2016
Rossikk:
Ben Bruce ''looks like Obama but acts like Obanikoro''.

[size=13pt]The fact that his purchases are not 100% Nigerian does not take away credit from the idea that we must continue to shift our purchases towards Nigerian from non-Nigerian and does not erase everything done by him and others to encourage this trend.

:: Creating space for made in Aba shoes to be sold in Silverbird malls nationwide

It is foolishness to call a man that will invest his hard-earned money and not oil block money, into buying made in Naija and providing logistics for made in naija to thrive, a hypocrite, when he has put his money, and continues to put his money/resources, where his mouth is, simply because obviously not 100% of his purchases are currently Nigerian.

Is there anyone who has put his money (or even govt money) where his mouth is on this issue like Mr. Bruce? They have neither put their own money (nor govt allocations) where their #buyNaija mouths are and yet it is Ben Murray-Bruce that attracts such dubious and fraudulent criticisms.

It make bold to say that folks found on this track are kantankerous souls not committed to any form of worthy ideal but are only driven by a dark heart against anything that seems to shine bright and good, which probably does not seem to be coming out of the political clique they wished it was coming out from.
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3417232_buynaijatogrowthenaira_jpegc70298ca15811d833bef15ec948c605d
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 5:18am On Feb 25, 2016
Atlantian:
I havent read the book, so I do not know the context of the material and its targeted audience. If the principles within the bookl is meant for a macrocosmic audience, then the book needs a worldwide audience, so printing and especially distributorship by a Nigerian company will not capture that audience. You might want to argue that the context is Nigerian, but there are several millions of Nigerians in Diaspora.

Ben Bruce has been the ONLY voice of hope in this heat-permeating, electrically-inefficient, politically-myopic, economically-recessing contraption.
[size=14pt]Actually, his book is on Amazon. I am not aware that Nigerian publishers can get (or have been getting) their writers' books on Amazon.
I see it is on US Amazon (www.amazon.com) as well as the French, Indian, German and Japanese Amazon.
[/size]
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 5:33am On Feb 25, 2016
Mariecakes:
I don talk am before say na mouth we go use buy made in nigeria
which Nigerian company have you given that opportunity ? This is the same story about everything in Nigeria "low Standard, Poor quality " how do you expect Nigeria to grow when you keep taking jobs and opportunities outside the country undecided Both Financial n Professional Growth will not happen! And we will all just keep complaining
[size=14pt]Actually, his book is on Amazon. I am not aware that Nigerian publishers can get (or have been getting) their writers' books on Amazon.
I see it is on US Amazon (www.amazon.com) as well as the French, Indian, German and Japanese Amazon.
Every Nigerian publishing company has the opportunity to be able to have such reach as long as the owners are alive and not dead.
Nobody "gives" anyone "the opportunity". No one also takes it from anyone.
The opportunity lies with every healthy person that is alive.
God putting you on this planet is the opportunity.

How can you ask someone to give you the opportunity to pluck fruits from the general village mango tree - when everyone else that wants some just goes ahead and gets some for himself?

Have you heard of the term, "Learned Helplessness"?
It is actually a term and it actually exists. Just google it.
[/size]
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 5:54am On Feb 25, 2016
koboko69:

Bury ur face in b/w legs....
[/size]
missingbudget
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by abbeycial: 6:12am On Feb 25, 2016
coolscott:

It would seem to me, that folks found on this track are kantankerous souls not committed to any form of worthy ideal but are only driven by a dark heart against anything that seems to shine bright and good, which probably does not seem to be coming out of the political clique they wished it was coming out from.
[/size]

Simple Question- y preach a life u cannot live?
and is he just waking up?after donkey years in politics and after so many administration?

forget all this drill,na dem dem
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by davseun2ta(m): 8:34am On Feb 25, 2016
Dagaya:
Who God has blessed no one can curse..not drink panadol for another man headache., truth is I really like the guy..as someone I like I really believe it is imperative I here what he has to say before I draw conclusions..meanwhile there are always three sides to a story, theirs, his and the truth..so am going to wait for his epic reply..team BMB
PLS, I am down on my knees, [size=16pt]PLS GO BACK TO SCHOOL[/size]... your reasoning coefficient is reading NEGATIVE
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by H2Ossss(m): 9:00am On Feb 25, 2016
MissingBudget:
If you know anything about publishing, you will know that our publishing houses here are not up to standard. He wants the best for his book. Get over it. Maybe when he needs quality medical attention he should also go to Nigerian hospitals and die abi?

EDITED: I agree to making an inferior case above, but I won't cower and delete it. And please stop quoting to insult me. It is my opinion, though faulty.
honourable u admitted to making a mistake... big ups... if all politcians are to be treated in nigeria they will be forced to improve standard of hospitals, same goes with schools and other amenities.
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Dagaya(m): 9:52am On Feb 25, 2016
U dat is in school..please keep ur opinions to urself..thank u.
davseun2ta:
PLS, I am down on my knees, [size=16pt]PLS GO BACK TO SCHOOL[/size]... your reasoning coefficient is reading NEGATIVE
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by davseun2ta(m): 10:18am On Feb 25, 2016
Dagaya:
U dat is in school..please keep ur opinions to urself..thank u.
bros! It's an obvious fact that you [size=16pt]really need to go back to school[/size].Here are the reasons am appealing you go back to. School;

1. you obviously lack adequate information on the subject-not that they were not made available to you, but because you have allowed sentiments blindfold your eyes from seeing the truth even when it's crystal clear.

2. Your written Grammar is enough to cause one migraine

3. The sides of a story can't be in three sides, it's either TRUE or FALSE. The proverb you gave is a cliche as its doesn't jive with our system now. So you need to expose yourself to latest proverbs et al.

I just hope you would take this seriously beyond Nairaland
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by sukkot: 10:47am On Feb 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

Bwahahahaha.

But most Nigerians are very re.tarded though. Apart from thumping certificates everywhere like book-keepers, they're always empty up there. grin It takes a group of superior re.tards to control lower re.tards. grin
i prefer to see it like ' it takes a group of brutal blood thirsty re-tards to control the more civilized , as well as the less civilized ' wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 1:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
abbeycial:

Simple Question- y preach a life u cannot live?
and is he just waking up?after donkey years in politics and after so many administration?

forget all this drill,na dem dem
[size=13pt]That is how I know you fellows don't know Murray-Bruce. Because Murray-Bruce has been this way for donkey years.
Now he is in public office and the public eye, his ideas are now getting more media attention and are therefore more popular and you ask where has he been all these donkey years?

The more I think about it, The more I realize the question is "Where have you been all these donkey years"?
[/size]

2012 Nigerian Town Hall Meeting Below. Ben Bruce speaking on the strength of his personality not even as a political office holder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5QKRBUvsM
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
tinsel:
Ben Bruce has captured the mind and soul of ipob youths. Anything against this government is a welcome developement.
You think he is really against this government?
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
folksync:

Your defence is annoying.

Even literary giants like Soyinka, JP Clark, Femi Osofisan have books published locally by University Press PlC, Ibadan and Spectrum.

An Orange Prize winner, Chimamanda Adichie's acclaimed novels, Purple Hibiscus, Half of a Yellow Sun and Americanah were published by Farafina, a Nigerian publishing house.

Takadini was published by Literamed Publications Limited.

Hidden Star by the late South African literary genius, K. Sello Duiker was published by Cassava Republic.

Olusegun Obasanjo's My Watch was published by Farafina.

Go and check great and award winning books published by Krafts Books Limited based in Ibadan.
[size=13pt]
The fact that his purchases are not 100% Nigerian does not take away credit from the idea that we must continue to shift our purchases towards Nigerian from non-Nigerian and does not erase everything done by him and others to encourage this trend.

[/size]

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by SirShymexx: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
i prefer to see it like ' it takes a group of brutal blood thirsty re-tards to control the more civilized , as well as the less civilized ' wink

Lol. But you've to put the "more civilized" in context. grin

ANyway, we need to bring our Yemi Alade debate here since I've been locked out of the other section by the spambot.

Who looks more like a tranny than Yemi Alade? Check out the broad shoulders and face. Bwahahahahahahahaha

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Rossikk(m): 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
winningwinner:
Where on earth can you see made in Nigeria book? Does Nigeria produce books? I want to see a made in Nigeria book. He preaches that we buy made in Nigeria goods, yes, but there are no made in Nigeria papers. Quote me anywhere!
Ignorant dunce. When last did you visit a bookshop? Or even a bookstand at the airports or hotels? Next thing you'll say there are no bookshops and bookstands in Nigeria. Peabrain typing rubbish.
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]
The fact that his purchases are not 100% Nigerian does not take away credit from the idea that we must continue to shift our purchases towards Nigerian from non-Nigerian and does not erase everything done by him and others to encourage this trend.

[/size]

My post that you quoted was not written to rebuke Mr. Bruce but to rebuke the guy that tried to rubbish the Nigerian publishing houses.

And to the issue you raised, I must let you know that I don't have any issue with Mr. Bruce. Do I trust him? My answer is NO.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by sukkot: 8:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol. But you've to put the "more civilized" in context. grin

ANyway, we need to bring our Yemi Alade debate here since I've been locked out of the other section by the spambot.

Who looks more like a tranny than Yemi Alade? Check out the broad shoulders and face. Bwahahahahahahahaha

brah thats shoulder pad. act like you know dawg. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
brah thats shoulder pad. act like you know dawg. cry

As in ... its a shoulder pad obviously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by sukkot: 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

As in ... its a shoulder pad obviously
right ? lmao. shymmexx needs to eat more carrots. his eye sight is compromised. its an obvious shoulder pad grin
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by coolscott(m): 9:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
folksync:

My post that you quoted was not written to rebuke Mr. Bruce but to rebuke the guy that tried to rubbish the Nigerian publishing houses.

And to the issue you raised, I must let you know that I don't have any issue with Mr. Bruce. Do I trust him? My answer is NO.

Noted

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by SirShymexx: 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
well she aint obese but she just ya regular run of the mill cuban chic. dunno why you think she the epitome of beauty. cheesy

Lol.

Now you're changing ya tune, big bredrin.

The most high doesn't like when his prophets speak from both sides of the mouth. She was obese but now she's regular. grin

What's next? She's barren, no? At least he doesn't look like a tranny. grin

All a dat all a dat. grin
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by sukkot: 10:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol.

Now you're changing ya tune, big bredrin.

The most high doesn't like when his prophets speak from both sides of the mouth. She was obese but now she's regular. grin

What's next? She's barren, no? At least he doesn't look like a tranny. grin

All a dat all a dat. grin
brah, if thats your thing, go for it. different strokes for different folks. but dont impose your taste on the world. just say, this is what i like - and not - this is the epitome of beauty. to many people she will be considered fat, especially people of the european extraction. jus saying though. its your thing. nothing wrong in dat. but if you think she is what UNIVERSAL beauty is, then you must be on that crack pipe grin
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by SirShymexx: 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
brah, if thats your thing, go for it. different strokes for different folks. but dont impose your taste on the world. just say, this is what i like - and not - this is the epitome of beauty. to many people she will be considered fat, especially people of the european extraction. jus saying though. its your thing. nothing wrong in dat. but if you think she is what UNIVERSAL beauty is, then you must be on that crack pipe grin

Loool.

Skit skit - now you have developed amnesia. I never imposed my standard of beauty on you. The back and forth started when you used the Yemi Alade chic in ya analogy for beauty by trying to justify ya definition of luxury cars in context of riches. And I told you that I don't find her attractive and she looks like any super-regular naij chic with naij face.

That was when you started dragging it cos I don't consider her to be beautiful. She is just anything to me.

I'm not a white man and my mentality is Afrocentric, not Eurocentric. So the European standard isn't my standard. Even based on Eurocentric standard, she's not attractive at all cos she has very strong features loool.

I should be the one telling you not to force ya definition of beauty on me. Not the other way round, you get me big bredrin? Lol deyah
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by sukkot: 10:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
SirShymexx:

Loool.

Skit skit - now you have developed amnesia. I never imposed my standard of beauty on you. The back and forth started when you used the Yemi Alade chic in ya analogy for beauty by trying to justify ya definition of luxury cars in context of riches. And I told you that I don't find her attractive and she looks like any super-regular naij chic with naij face.

That was when you started dragging it cos I don't consider her to be beautiful. She is just anything to me.

I'm not a white man and my mentality is Afrocentric, not Eurocentric. So the European standard isn't my standard. Even based on Eurocentric standard, she's not attractive at all cos she has very strong features loool.

I should be the one telling you not to force ya definition of beauty on me. Not the other way round, you get me big bredrin? Lol deyah
i used her in my analogy of beauty, ANALOGY being the OPERATIVE word.. and besides the analogy was made to prove a point - the analogy was not the point - but as usual you derailed the topic by zooming in on the analogy as opposed to the message that the analogy was supposed to eschew. i was saying, jus cuz beyonce is considered VERY beautiful does not mean yemi alade who is MODERATELY beautiful will be called ugly. this is the point i was tryna convey with reference to you saying cuz some cars are super luxurious then this means everything below that is not considered luxury. so the point here is - in making an analogy, and in you trying to read the analogy - you pulled out a straw man argument that had absolutely nothing to do with the analogy and then childishly said - just for calling yemi alade beautiful then that has discredited my whole argument. you starting to see the error of your ways playa playa ? lol cheesy
Re: Nigerians Slam Ben-Bruce For Printing His Book In U.S: You're Hypocrite by SirShymexx: 11:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
sukkot:
i used her in my analogy of beauty, ANALOGY being the OPERATIVE word.. and besides the analogy was made to prove a point - the analogy was not the point - but as usual you derailed the topic by zooming in on the analogy as opposed to the message that the analogy was supposed to eschew. i was saying, jus cuz beyonce is considered VERY beautiful does not mean yemi alade who is MODERATELY beautiful will be called ugly. this is the point i was tryna convey with reference to you saying cuz some cars are super luxurious then this means everything below that is not considered luxury. so the point here is - in making an analogy, and in you trying to read the analogy - you pulled out a straw man argument that had absolutely nothing to do with the analogy and then childishly said - just for calling yemi alade beautiful then that has discredited my whole argument. you starting to see the error of your ways playa playa ? lol cheesy

No need to pontificate and post a soliloquy in reply to this if you can't see the fact that you used an unattractive chic as "beautiful" in ya analogy defeated ya argument lol.

Off topic: they are playing some classic old school bashment at my gym right now. Do you know the tune by "Erup" below (one of my favourite bashment tune ever):

Representin, E to the R/Represent to the world

Click mi finger gal wanna roll with me yeah/say dem wanna stroll with me gal from all over the world inna da West Indies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfVJ58V2vYA&client=mv-vf-uk&safesearch=always

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Bus Conductor": Atiku's Camp mocks Wike Over Frequent Visits To The Villa / Olisa Metuh Gets A Hug From His Wife (photo) / Yemi Osinbajo Presides Over The Federal Executive Council Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.