Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? (47988 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Sunnypa11(m): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
You are good to go but make sure you don't drink and womanize,Your wife should also not be buying owambe clothes everyweek and also not sugarize(sugar mummy).

Some government officials are earning less and living fine with 4 or 5 kids.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by blackpanda: 3:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
Thats d amount civil servants are using to raise their family, in Abuja!

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by jaybee3(m): 3:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
You are probably barely surviving with current income and I’m pretty sure your online income isn’t guaranteed so to considering marriage in my own books is akin to getting over oneself.

Having said that, you might be lucky to get a good woman who is going to be less demanding and understanding whilst providing a solid support network that you can thrive on.

Why not save like a Million Naira, invest in a business that will generate guaranteed monthly income that you can then use to augment your current stable/non-guaranteed income

You can open a barber shop, employ barbers and negotiate a percentage cut for every hair they cut
Open an ICT shop
Launderette
Bla bla bla

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by yomi007k(m): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
missyadorable:
I wonder why men should be bothered about getting married

Just 30 with low income,a man is contemplating marriage already

Madness!

U my dear get sense.

I hail wink
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by bolayei: 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
Thank Goodness we still have people like this
greatgod2012:
Yes, you can! But it depends on some factors.....

If your wife is working and she's ready to assist in financing the house and kids (when they start coming).

If you don't have high taste, as in, you're not the type that goes in for very expensive stuffs.

If your wife also is the type that can maintain such a lifestyle with you.

If you don't have demanding relatives, as in, you have understanding relatives who believe that each is to his own, and your wife is also from that type of family.

If you're focused, prudent and conservative, you can cope with the income you're currently having.
The truth is that, many are earning way below that, and they are married with kids and they are maintaining their family well according to their capability. It all depends on the type of spouse involved and type of lifestyle one believes in.

And the bitter truth is if you're still waiting to become a millionaire or a billionaire before settling down, you might just wait for eternity.

My advice: Do what you wanna do, with proper planning and steady focus, you will get there.

Warning: Study your wife-to-be very well and make sure she's ready to cooperate with you in the journey, or else. na OYO you dey o.
May God help you.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
as a lady,the only thing I can tell is, the woman you marry will determine if your salary will b enough or not,no matter how big or small it is, her type of person and how she spends and her priorities interms of home managing will determine it all,I have seen people live peaceful even if not entirely happy married life with the man earning less than that, and I have also seen open eyed women who end up having issues over finances with the husband earning more than yours, so it's not the income, it's who you are marrying #myopinion

4 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by celestine2015: 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
Yes, u can depending on if d gal u want to marry is d understanding type and knows how to adapt wit d available resources... Some pple married wit less than what u have and they're making happy families.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by seyicrown2008: 3:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
Very possible as long as u know what u r doing and there is always a blessing in marriage
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Truckpusher(m): 3:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sweetlemon:

My dear! I don't just understand Nigerians and this marriage mentality.
Some are even saying that marriage brings success, meaning that no matter your income God will sha provide. Like he's providing for all those naked children roaming around slums who are suffering as a a result of underpaid parents?

Why won't we have half baked and unemployable graduates here and there when so many can't afford quality education? Do people think about these things before getting married? Na real wa!
Any man with a conscience and has a perfect understanding of his immediate society and the future it holds for those unfortunate children that would be given birth to by two assholes that feels that getting laid without a condom is just an exercise in futility will not rush into marriage.
Marriage has no expiry date and life isn't about quantity but quality and that alone creates a difference - Well, on the other way round you have to consider that some people have to clean up for the society too. My sister once said that if we all should run with the mentality of a perfect household then who'll do the nannies job and who will be the driver ? cheesy
So, sometimes you need people to make these mistakes to balance the society - People should stop birthing kids that will become cannon fodder for the society. Children do not just need one sperm and one egg donor but they also need an appropriate education , housing , food , clothing et al to become something they can never fall back from.
100 k in Nigeria is almost nothing for a man with kids and a wife. You're talking about medical bills , school fees , clothing , food , and other unforeseen circumstances that you'll never see them coming. You can only deny these facts if you've made up your mind to live below the average standard but again how about the kids ? Do you know that an average child raised under such condition might develop complex that will always affect his entire adult life and decision making which he or she is likely to pass unto their next generation and it sometimes it looks like it runs in the gene . One man started it, just like the op is about to .

Do not birth kids you can't give at least the small but important luxuries of the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Truckpusher(m): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
seyicrown2008:
Very possible as long as u know what u r doing and there is always a blessing in marriage
There is no special blessing attached to any marriage.

Stop using the bible to fool yourselves - In fact in this modern world , marriage is becoming a burden due to our so called civilization and liberalization of our culture.

7 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Tobium1(m): 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
I try as much as possible to engage in other online businesses that do not affect my office work and i make close to N50,000 monthly as well. Though this varies

Op is a strong, ardent, die hard punter of Nairabet.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by backwardneva: 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
I'm surviving on d same salary scale yours is even better,since you have other source. The truth is it has to come with a good wife else you regret ever getting married.There are rules in marriage: you don't spend above your means,don't try so impress& always draw your scale of preference to know your order of importance.l'l send you a mail to learn more on online Biz.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by tunde2222: 4:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
YES, On d other hand I will like to chat with u on d business u do online. Send me info on tunde_muili@yahoo.co.uk. Whatsup on 08062714661
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by tunde2222: 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Am Kelvin, am based in Abeokuta, Ogun state where I work with a Firm that pays me N50,000 monthly after tax and pension. I try as much as possible to engage in other online businesses that do not affect my office work and i make close to N50,000 monthly as well. Though this varies.

I notice that most times, I am only able to save 40-50K monthly despite being in a low cost City like Abeokuta. But at least i save often.

Am close to 30 and contemplating marriage and I dont know if my income will be enough to sustain myself, wife and maybe kids as they come in. Or it will be advisable to leave the job and seek a better/high paying job

I will like to get your candid opinions

Thank You
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by jaybee3(m): 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
tunde2222:
YES, On d other hand I will like to chat with u on d business u do online. Send me info on tunde_muili@yahoo.co.uk. Whatsup on 08062714661

Must you display your Hawkish tendencies?
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by sherif4owo(m): 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
smiley
glossy6:

Says who?

Of course you can go ahead!

I married my hubby when he was living in a room & parlour self con. Three other relatives joined us in that small apartment. More so, I resigned from my job in order to marry him since we both work in d same place.

Fast forward to 2016 ...blessed with 5 kids, built a block of 6 flats in Lagos and moving on.

Don't limit yourself, please make a move. Jah bless
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Elbreezy(m): 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:
if ur wife has a job.. you can marry. but no kids yet
may the almighty God bless you for constructing that sentence.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by tunde2222: 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
But I didn't direct d question to u
jaybee3:

Must you display your Hawkish tendencies?
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by rolams(m): 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sweetlemon:

My dear! I don't just understand Nigerians and this marriage mentality.
Some are even saying that marriage brings success, meaning that no matter your income God will sha provide. Like he's providing for all those naked children roaming around slums who are suffering as a a result of look at this one here!

Smh
Why won't we have half baked and unemployable graduates here and there when so many can't afford quality education? Do people think about these things before getting married? Na real wa!

So u mean, u most achieve all ur desires before u get married? It is impossible bro. When u get married, u believe u have responsibilities and this gives u d opportunity to think more. I earn 76k after tax when I got married, no extra job, no biz. Lots of responsibilities as d only son in d family of five. But after marriage, my God is always @work. Now av my biz, yet still working.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by deebrain(m): 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:
if ur wife has a job.. you can marry. but no kids yet

seconded.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by AnitaVista: 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
hmm
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by alaskido(m): 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
Yes, you can get married but with at least 2 or 3 kids. Do not go beyond that. Also ensure your wife works or trades. Also ensure you understand yourself as this is very important. Some me end up marrying the wrong woman who likes high spending or keep bad friends. This I say will kill you quickly.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by jaybee3(m): 4:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
tunde2222:
But I didn't direct d question to u

I'm my brother's keeper. I'm good at sensing danger from afar tongue tongue tongue

angry angry angry
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
rolams:

So u mean, u most achieve all ur desires before u get married? It is impossible bro. When u get married, u believe u have responsibilities and this gives u d opportunity to think more. I earn 76k after tax when I got married, no extra job, no biz. Lots of responsibilities as d only son in d family of five. But after marriage, my God is always @work. Now av my biz, yet still working.

Not all your heart desires but the important ones. You don't need to be rich but just be comfy enough to be able to send you kids to a good school and not all those "A for apple B for ball" schools where the teachers can hardly even read their own certificates!

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by 9jatatafo(m): 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
OP many have less than what you have and they are living. I just hope you are not here giving us fabu!
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by dungburu: 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
Guy! I have a married friend that earns same amount here in kano where standard of living is relatively low and things are not smiling for him o. You would think 50k is big money, but when you are married its as same as not having any income. Even me that am yet to be employed never complain like him.

Moreover, Am afraid for you o because of your wife.... what women know is money o.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by mamawin(f): 4:15pm On Feb 25, 2016
toluxa1:

Four thousand or forty thousand.?
yes N4k, that was in 1999, in Ibadan. believe it or not, you see us today and you wl never believe it was like that.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by DonBobes(m): 4:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
yes u can,
wat wil u say of me dat is earnin N6,500 a month & stil want to marry Oluwacypris1.
So u r lookn gud 4 it, jst plan well.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by TOPAI7(m): 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
100k is too much for you to get settled down. Most homes are built on less than 30k. Most family total income is less than 30k.
Please move on, settle down and raise your family.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by DonBobes(m): 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
yes u can,
wat wil u say of me dat is earnin N6,500 a month & stil want to marry Oluwacypris1.
So u r lookn gud 4 it, jst plan well. grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by tunde2222: 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
Yes, I will like to know what u do online to generate income. Pls reach me on tunde_muili@yahoo.co.uk Whatsup 08062714661
winkmart:
Hello,

Am Kelvin, am based in Abeokuta, Ogun state where I work with a Firm that pays me N50,000 monthly after tax and pension. I try as much as possible to engage in other online businesses that do not affect my office work and i make close to N50,000 monthly as well. Though this varies.

I notice that most times, I am only able to save 40-50K monthly despite being in a low cost City like Abeokuta. But at least i save often.

Am close to 30 and contemplating marriage and I dont know if my income will be enough to sustain myself, wife and maybe kids as they come in. Or it will be advisable to leave the job and seek a better/high paying job

I will like to get your candid opinions

Thank You

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mothers, How Many Of You Still Do This? / Family Members Of Asoma Banda Clash Over His Wealth In Hospital / Twins Born 15 Minutes Apart On New Year Eve, 2021 And 2022 In U.S.(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.