Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,592 members, 7,955,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:52 PM

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? (48302 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Hafyz23(m): 5:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
Truckpusher:
If you want to make your kids pass through what you passed through and ended up earning 50k per month then get married bro.
Marriage isn't a limited stock in the market , I still can't figure out why a young man in his 30s will wife a girl and birth children he is fully aware that he can't cater for with his income .
Every1 should have atleast millions in their acct b4 they got married or stayed single if they couldnt? See talk.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by ronaldbecky(m): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
tuscani:
undecided
sister, it is a crime 2 help? help save dat young man life..GOD bless u grin
tuscani:
undecided
sister, it is a crime 2 help? help save dat young man life..GOD bless u
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by nbright: 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
missyadorable:

Yes,because the set of men we have now are very different from you did years ago..now,after starting from the scratch and staying with a struggling man,the minute he "makes" it,he knows he has arrived and dumps the woman who stood by him when he had nothing for a new "catch"..
that's why I said it's not advice able to get married to a Nigerian girl while earning such an income
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Truckpusher(m): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
Hafyz23:
Every1 should have atleast millions in their acct b4 they got married or stayed single if they couldnt? See talk.
It's not about having millions and if you can't afford to take care of your responsibilities without having to create problems for the society at large then keep it in the condoms and stop bringing other innocent people to share in your woes.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Hafyz23(m): 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
cekhoe:
as a lady,the only thing I can tell is, the woman you marry will determine if your salary will b enough or not,no matter how big or small it is, her type of person and how she spends and her priorities interms of home managing will determine it all,I have seen people live peaceful even if not entirely happy married life with the man earning less than that, and I have also seen open eyed women who end up having issues over finances with the husband earning more than yours, so it's not the income, it's who you are marrying #myopinion
E go better for u.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
Hafyz23:
E go better for u.
amen oooo
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by dhenri(m): 5:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
it is possible......u don't have to have a million before u get marry.....
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by engrshakespeare: 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
Kelvin u can get married even without an income it depends on who you are marrying. If u marry a tiger, triple your income won't be nearly enough.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Godsate: 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
EastanPower:
Yes please go ahead and get married, people even do so with less income than what you get.

God will bless you more as you get married because He knows your responsibilities will increase.

You will find favour in the sight of God if you get married.

In addition, please ensure that the babe you won marry no be jaguda babe oh!
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by thelish(f): 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
You can. If your partner is gainfully employed

And they can't live with 100k if d wife is not gainfully employed?
Agofure drivers survive with wife n kids with less than 50k.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by EastanPower(m): 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
basty:

You are a wealth of experience.

Sometime ago I wanted to marry and needed to change my job.

I took my CV to one MD in an Insurance company, as an Accountant I was sure the man will help me but I met another thing.
The man asked me some questions as, do you have a room, bed, chair, mattress, carpet etc. he asked me if I was 25years old and I answered no and he asked me why?
I said I needed to change my job so I can receive bigger salary and the man now said I should go and get married.
He said when he married, he was only having 2 1/2 bed with a fan and nothing more and now he has built several houses

I was disappointed because I was not expecting that from him. I cried and blamed myself for going to him.

But later I thought over the message and took it in good faith and married about two years later and that was what changed my story for better in life.

Each time I have opportunity to advise people, I always sound it to them to always marry early in life and this helps later in life.

Please stick to this advise and marry as soon as possible. You don't need millions of Naira to get married.

The LORD will assist you in the course in Jesus name.

Thank you very much, you understand what I am talking about.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by thelish(f): 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
Olarajee:
We like deceiving ourselves. So u n ur wife plus kid won't be able to live on 50 or 100k per month?

Tooh... you know the truth yourself.

I just tire. Most family men don't even receive up to that per month.
E mean say make dem nor marry or get pikin?

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Karleb(m): 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
One thing I don't get about Nigerian youths is that once they jam one small change (APC things), they think they are ready to settle down (Marry).

SMH! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by idu1(m): 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
Armstrong34:
c dis guy ooooooo 50k....some lagosians pay house rent,skul fees, buy fuel,maintain car wif 5k.weda Dem dey hustle for dream person no knw..grin
grin
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by akinadesun: 5:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
My guy, what are you waiting? You make 100k in a month in Abeokuta. Thank God for you. I don't see anything stopping for getting married with your level of income. What majority of us don't know is that only God provide.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Mosh1: 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
Please,which other online businesses are you involve in? I will be interested.It seems I am having the same issue,low income earner with no alternative source of income and eager to marry...thank u in advance.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by kalimera101: 6:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
dancok:
verryyyyyy uslelesssss.

Ok
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Standing5(m): 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Am Kelvin, am based in Abeokuta, Ogun state where I work with a Firm that pays me N50,000 monthly after tax and pension. I try as much as possible to engage in other online businesses that do not affect my office work and i make close to N50,000 monthly as well. Though this varies.

I notice that most times, I am only able to save 40-50K monthly despite being in a low cost City like Abeokuta. But at least i save often.

Am close to 30 and contemplating marriage and I dont know if my income will be enough to sustain myself, wife and maybe kids as they come in. Or it will be advisable to leave the job and seek a better/high paying job

I will like to get your candid opinions

Thank You
you can go ahead and start plans with a not-so-fanciful lifestyle in viem. Whatever you do remember to invest 'wisely' as people on much higher monthly pay still find themselves struggling within few month of being out of job.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by damovite19(m): 6:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
go ahead and marry asfar as u have a stable income but mind u work on ur own personal business so it can yield more
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by lumydee44: 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2016
Marriage is now an obligation in this part of the world, so many people don't know why they are married. Asking this question means you have doubts, why not strive to discover yourself and what have a clear understanding of what you want before you go into it for all the wrong reasons. The last time i checked, dem no dey catch late comer. But what does a baby of the 90s like me know. Lets leave the adult to it.
Lastly we are not in this world to get married, pay bills and die. There's much more to life. Go ahead and do whatever makes you happy, by the time depression comes knocking and you start to find solace at the bottom of a bottle. You would regret all the wrong decisions. If you are not okay with your status, change it, the power is within you.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Esthefaith(f): 6:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
Abeokuta is one of the towns with the cheapest cost of living . so yes , you can get married comfortably
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Femsyn(m): 6:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
OP, I have no problem with you getting married with that income, infact, for a city like Abeokuta, 100k is too much. But you must consider your would-be wife's preferences, just like everyone has said.

However, I have a problem with the silly justification some peeps are giving to get married with a low income. Yes! You will survive with 50k, even Lagos; But my question is, what quality of life do u wish for yourself and family? Struggle, struggle and die? Or steal, lie and cut corners, due to your low income, so you could meet up??

One thing I've realised with low income earners with huge responsibilities like marriage + kids is that, they often augment with side illegal source of funds. All you hear is, "I was making 20k, 50k, 6k when I got married".

Yes! You finally made it!, but how? I need to know, if you're sincere enough.

The average Nigerian, especially in Lagos, is often constantly looking for ways to rip the other person off. Yet all you hear is, I earn 20k and I have kids and I survive. How??

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by habsydiamond(m): 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
Bros, it depend on the kind of lady u want to marry. If na olosho type u need a good pay job, if na india film girl u are good to go But if na eshin national theatre Oga run for ur life
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Rossikk(m): 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
EastanPower:
Yes please go ahead and get married, people even do so with less income than what you get.

God will bless you more as you get married because He knows your responsibilities will increase.

You will find favour in the sight of God if you get married.
Op please ignore this advice. God does not favour or disfavour anyone based on their marital status. And there's really no need to rush into marriage. It's value is overrated. Put it off for another 5 or 6 years at least, and DO NOT allow family to influence your decision on when to marry. You are your own man.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by greggng: 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chai that money no reach to fuel my car for a month. Pls don't marry except u wan suffer
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Mbediogu(m): 6:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Am Kelvin, am based in Abeokuta, Ogun state where I work with a Firm that pays me N50,000 monthly after tax and pension. I try as much as possible to engage in other online businesses that do not affect my office work and i make close to N50,000 monthly as well. Though this varies.

I notice that most times, I am only able to save 40-50K monthly despite being in a low cost City like Abeokuta. But at least i save often.

Am close to 30 and contemplating marriage and I dont know if my income will be enough to sustain myself, wife and maybe kids as they come in. Or it will be advisable to leave the job and seek a better/high paying job

Thank You

Don't be deterred. Get a hard working gal who is understanding and not expensive. After the initial difficulties which are sure to come, you will cue in. As the economy improves your lot will also improve. Good luck.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by molaross: 6:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
my brother get started with life early so that u won't use gray hair to train your kids. I am a civil servant with federal govt. i live in lagos my salary is 50k + my wife is yet to gain employment. I have a daughter, I fuel my car and I pay a lot of bills especially where u are under estimated billing of ikedc. its just a matter of self disciplines. it is well.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by xxgig(m): 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Op please O, what's this online business you do?
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by streetlaw(m): 7:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
Hmmm... My answer depends on how much you have in your savings. Your income is not too bad to keep you from marrying, but you must have a good sum saved because of certain exigencies.
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
winkmart:
Hello,

Thank You
lolz funny,im sure most people do not know dt after 5yrs in the university and 1yr nysc,Engineers are paid a paltry 45k+ in federal ministry of works and FCDA...gwogwo ti gwo...45k+....and you expect them not to be corrupt abi
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
Mr Kelvin of course you can.
I would like to have a word with you Mr Kelvin. You can reach me 08061344200. Better watsapp me. Its important..
Re: Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? by RexTramadol1: 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
To born pikin sweet, but na school fees spoil am!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Siblings Fight Dirty Over Late Bank Manager’s Wealth (photo) / #youknowyourmumisnigerian - Hilarious Topic Trending On Nigerian Twitter / Parents, Watch What You Do In Presence Of Your Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.