Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities (40825 Views)

Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Universities Are Better Than Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
High on kush abi
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Habidab: 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
Please dont ever compare the two,even if you are from YABATECH,i was one a poly graduate before i move to University

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by gungab(m): 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
@op...agreed
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by fineyemi(m): 2:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
U ar on point OP. Guru9ja supports u. Though a graduate of ND in Yabatech and Bsc in Uniosun. Polytechnic is the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by OneManLegion(m): 2:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:
some polytechnics are good.. but dont you ever compare polytechnics to universities.. if you have entered oau, UI. ABU,etc.. you will hate poly.

why do you think most polytechnics are filled with cultits..? especially kwara poly

someone close to me graduated from poly 5 years ago. belive me,she is still searching for a job till now..

the day i first entered unilorin, i promised myself never to go to a polytechnic in my life..

have you seen those law chicks in oau? the sight of their smart and beautiful faces will make you forget about all those mgbeke girls wey full our polytechnics

Fellow unilorite, you see sun?

But wait o, our own law girls nor fine?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Aarenasbaba(m): 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:
some polytechnics are good.. but dont you ever compare polytechnics to universities.. if you have entered oau, UI. ABU,etc.. you will hate poly.

why do you think most polytechnics are filled with cultits..? especially kwara poly

someone close to me graduated from poly 5 years ago. belive me,she is still searching for a job till now..

the day i first entered unilorin, i promised myself never to go to a polytechnic in my life..

have you seen those law chicks in oau? the sight of their smart and beautiful faces will make you forget about all those mgbeke girls wey full our polytechnics
You have no contrary opinion

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by coolh3ad(m): 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:

Like I will always say - make all your instances correct...Why would you say most polytechnics are filled with cultists....Is AAU, Ekpoma a polytechnic?, is Uniben (Unibest) a Polytechnic??, is EKSU a polytechnic?...Don't let me mention ABSU, IMSU, UNIPORT and the rest.. Cultism in the Universities is 100percent greater than that In the polytechnics.

Secondly, you said someone close to you graduated from the poly, 5 years ago and still looking for job...lol...Make I come tell you say I know person wey graduate from University about 8 years ago and still hasn't got a job..That one nko....He had to start up a small business and he's doing well...

Bros, I take God beg you...Get your facts and instances right before posting them...Abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by McDoe(m): 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
One is pained when he is faced with such comparisons. Nigerians are too full of ego. The university student will always prove that he is on top but it is never so. We all have our different skills and knowledge capability. Graduating from the university does not make you a super hero. Neither does coming out from a Polytechnic makes u irrelevant. The two are tertiary institutions and citadel of knowledge. The knowledge acquired and how u are able to put it in use is what matters. Therefore this argument is unnecessary.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
aolumaxi:

I drop my pen at this point.

PROUDLY LASPOTIAN

Easy of study
. Really? This should be one reason why a polythecnic can't be better than a university.

The truth is that there is no competition between both institutions. On the other hand, they re complementary. In the engineering cadre for example, technicians work hand in hand with engineers. Engineers do designs and research while the technician does the actual construction, that is bringing the design to reality. That's why it seems they have more field experience. But when there is a complication that has to do with editing or updating a design, they revert to the engineer The polytechnic produces technicians, while university, engineers. A construction firm will normally employ a technician, while a consultancy firm would employ an engineer.

All these rivalry is just a result of silly complexes.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Deejay1000(m): 2:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
Labour market wise Bsc has an edge over Hnd. . .
One thing i know that is certain is the individual, they are briqht nd dull students in both institutions. Moreover the situation we find ourself in this now is one which they are more graduates than jobs out there. Xo in the long. Small scale busines will be the order of the day. . . .

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by coolh3ad(m): 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Cheap Consolation. Why do you have to run a PGDE before Masters program unlike a University Graduate in the same field??

Mediocrity is not celebrated pls

And that Masters program guarantees a good job placement abi....University oo, Polytechnic oo na still labour market everybody go enter...You wey get luck and God's favour go see better work....So let's stop all these "University is better than polytechnic" or "polytechnic is better than university" jor.....
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by ayokenny37(m): 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
this is the only reasonable and unbiased post in this thread

McDoe:
One is pained when he is faced with such comparisons. Nigerians are too full of ego. The university student will always prove that he is on top but it is never so. We all have our different skills and knowledge capability. Graduating from the university does not make you a super hero. Neither does coming out from a Polytechnic makes u irrelevant. The two are tertiary institutions and citadel of knowledge. The knowledge acquired and how u are able to put it in use is what matters. Therefore this argument is unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by awa(m): 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
Nigerian Poly or Varsity education don't make any real sense to me when ordinary Technical College Graduates from China and India are here heading us in most firms. Enough noise about Poly and University whatever. Many Poly and Varsity Graduates are busy searching for work while we are here wasting our MB comparing the Certificates. If Universities are better why are they still so many of their Graduates without works and same to Polys....
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
Of all the nine rubbish you wrote, number four is the most obvious. How dare you say there is no discrimination among state and federal polytechnics like there is among private, state and federal universities? Can you compare your Laspotech certificate to that of Yabatech?

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by FKMagazine(m): 2:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:

I disagree wit u, it's all in a state of mind, the course of study, the result and the federal govt's tertiary institution's act dat favours university better dan polytechnic. Take lasu or osu for instance, is cultist not rampant in those schls? Let university and polytechnic graduates stand together on a debate or test, If the poly graduate is sure of his result, he will stand tall and better dan d university counterpart no matter what. If u doubt me, we can create a tread and put it to test on Nairaland.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by EmmahO(m): 2:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
Team ui all the way grin
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by laprince(m): 2:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
vfactor:

. Really? This should be one reason why a polythecnic can't be better than a university.

The truth is that there is no competition between both institutions. On the other hand, they re complementary. In the engineering cadre for example, technicians work hand in hand with engineers. Engineers do designs and research while the technician does the actual construction, that is bringing the design to reality. That's why it seems they have more field experience. But when there is a complication that has to do with editing or updating a design, they revert to the engineer The polytechnic produces technicians, while university, engineers. A construction firm will normally employ a technician, while a consultancy firm would employ an engineer.

All these rivalry is just a result of silly complexes.

To buttress your point.
BSC Engineer
HND Technologist
OND Technician
SSCE and BELOW Craftsmen and artisans.

Just that the Engineer in Naija rarely designs. They are in the same category with the technologist, that implements designs.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by pek(m): 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
The title alone made me not to bother reading it. I guess this is a joke.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by ozila(m): 3:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
chiddyok:
Na wa ooo. Consolation time.

which one you go?
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Sunnycliff(m): 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
coolh3ad:

And that Masters program guarantees a good job placement abi....University oo, Polytechnic oo na still labour market everybody go enter...You wey get luck and God's favour go see better work....So let's stop all these "University is better than polytechnic" or "polytechnic is better than university" jor.....

Yes it does not guarantee but the difference is that when both of you work in the same office and do same job, the university graduate is given more respect and often times higher remuneration. In terms of appointment and promotion the university graduate has an edge over the HND

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by moscobabs(m): 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:

you are right but never compare Ibadan poly with other uni apart from the ones u mentioned o

poly Ibadan has the best campus among Nigeria polytechnic.

I have 5 university graduates with 2:1 and 2:2 who are yet to get job for more than 5 yrs now?

wetin hapun to them?

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by anochuko01(m): 3:13pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:

and the day you would visit Harvard nko?

3 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by leksy07(m): 3:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:

i can see wat impress u in the university accordin to ur coment is the building and the fine chicks dere, dat s exactly wat makes poly beta, dey dnt tink like u fools

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by jojothaiv(m): 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Cheap Consolation. Why do you have to run a PGDE before Masters program unlike a University Graduate in the same field??

Mediocrity is not celebrated pls
Thank you, the beauty of it....
IT IS AN OPINION!
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Famofamo: 3:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
Error 901 @OP. Al ur afformentn are trash.
mayb u ve not been to schl lik unilorin,ui,abuad...
Thro out my in ND i neva sat to receiv a lectur cos of ova populatn lik kwarapoly.
*Som HND holder dnt kno hw to calculat CGPA
*som cant writ correct spelings and #gbagahun vocabulary cos of ova dependence on handout
for this naija,dnt equate poly wt vasity.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by anochuko01(m): 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
just like I said in the counter thread, polytechnics and universities are like the male and female child. they're both unique in their different ways.

our universities don't even measure up to what's in south Africa and Egypt, graduates from Cyprus and Canada are coming back home to get our well paying jobs, and we're here fighting ourselves! mtcheeew.

we're all products of a failed educational system, nobody should claim to be better!

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by hakinz87: 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
Some Nigerians hate the truth, discrimination might be In the certificates both Poly student are always better in field than Uni students. Only Engineering, surveying, architectural e.t.c., students can understand better
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by jojothaiv(m): 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
greatestman:
We are all better than our certificates be it ND, be it HND, be it degree, be it PGD, be it Masters, be it Ph.D..
As long as you have enough money to solve your immediate needs, community needs, societal needs and the problems in the world, I think your certificate(s) doesn't matter... make sure with you ND, HND, Degree.. You have enough money that can keep your wife mouth shut at home... Comparison is a game of people with low self esteem..
With your signature.... I guess it is different strokes for different folks!
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by jojothaiv(m): 3:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
Parkac:
Your reasons are daft
You forget to add..... Conclusions and Reasons from Beer Parlour discussions!

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Bheewhy(m): 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
Poly student with their supremacy battle,but am sure the writer of this epistle also tried uni before giving up for poly. Well only God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
ozila:

which one you go?
College of education.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by leksy07(m): 3:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
thisisayus:
all I know is 'favour'

most recruiters don't really recon with poly tho.
Recruiter like Sumeru will rate HND alongside university third class and pass for a 40k foot soldier job while workforce will find it very difficult to invite HND holders at all

as dey alws say 'common sense s nt common'. Poly stdnt dnt usualy wait for ur so calld sumeru or workforce dat wil divide ur salary into 3 and take 2portions, poly stdnt ar tought to dependent and enterpreneur minded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University / Students Protest Against Closure Of Tertiary Institutions / Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.