Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities (40851 Views)

Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Universities Are Better Than Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Felix799(m): 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
Whether poly is better or not, mine future is gonna be great. All we need to do is to study hard and gain knowledge in our fields and outside our fields. All is well.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by jojothaiv(m): 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
laprince:

To buttress your point.
BSC Engineer
HND Technologist
OND Technician
SSCE and BELOW Craftsmen and artisans.
Maybe the current governor of ...TI is an exception to that rule, he is an OND holder and he is ruling both the HND, BSc, MSc, PhD and Professors over there... It's time we stop all this tales by the moonlight comparism..
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by lurlah2014(f): 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
I JUST HOPE THE MINISTER OF EDUCATION WILL SEE THIS AND GIVE THE POLYTECHNIC GRADUATE EQUAL RIGHTS WITH UNIVERSITY GRADUATES

#STOP THE CRITICISM

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by ozila(m): 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
chiddyok:

College of education.

cool
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by aloo9ice(m): 3:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
This discussion is base on one's perspective. What matter is your knowledge & experience. What i think is our govt is responsible for d pblm to rate uni over poly because of their children, since they dnt like their children to go poly.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by laprince(m): 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
jojothaiv:

Maybe the current governor of ...TI is an exception to that rule, he is an OND holder and he is ruling both the HND, BSc, MSc, PhD and Professors over there... It's time we stop all this tales by the moonlight comparism..

You're so right man.
Staying positively relevant should be the driving force.

Like I remarked on this thread earlier. Aare Afe Babalola (SAN), got his SAN by correspondence.

He is an economist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by ucnwafor(m): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
Poly brushed me up and I had stand out among my course-mate till now.......#fedpolynekede

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Cheap Consolation. Why do you have to run a PGDE before Masters program unlike a University Graduate in the same field??

Mediocrity is not celebrated pls
It's only in Nigeria you have to go through PGD before you can attain a MSc. In countries like NewZealand, Australia, South Africa,US etc They only require an equivalent of BSc to attain a second degree. You can peruse through the site of schools like Auckland university, university of johannesburg, cantebery university etc. In other to satisfy your curiosity.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Philinho(m): 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Cheap Consolation. Why do you have to run a PGDE before Masters program unlike a University Graduate in the same field??

Mediocrity is not celebrated pls
show me your President's certificate....... my destiny is not in d hand of certificate but God....I've HND,Am working with Fed Govt n am going for Law .....life goes on

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by fineyemi(m): 3:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
coolh3ad:

Like I will always say - make all your instances correct...Why would you say most polytechnics are filled with cultists....Is AAU, Ekpoma a polytechnic?, is Uniben (Unibest) a Polytechnic??, is EKSU a polytechnic?...Don't let me mention ABSU, IMSU, UNIPORT and the rest.. Cultism in the Universities is 100percent greater than that In the polytechnics.

Secondly, you said someone close to you graduated from the poly, 5 years ago and still looking for job...lol...Make I come tell you say I know person wey graduate from University about 8 years ago and still hasn't got a job..That one nko....He had to start up a small business and he's doing well...

Bros, I take God beg you...Get your facts and instances right before posting them...Abeg
You have spoken well
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by aolumaxi(m): 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
mizlolar:
you are a fool
nw dat u said it... has ur life gotten better? #miscreant
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by aolumaxi(m): 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
tomdon:
easy

I haven't even read past the first line than I've had to throw the article into the recycle bin
it's a tpying error... #haba
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by deewon56: 4:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
let us stop all this discrimination and focus on how this nation will be better in terms of practical and industrious #am proud to b polyib student

2 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by aolumaxi(m): 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
Bheewhy:
Poly student with their supremacy battle,but am sure the writer of this epistle also tried uni before giving up for poly. Well only God bless.
well, lemme disappoint you, I had my chance of applying for DE, I voluntarily chose HND over it
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by stjoe50: 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
mizlolar:
[size=35pt]Are you crazy?[/size]
what makes you think he's crazy? angry
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by fowosh: 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
I can't laugh ooooo..
.aw many professor's are in polytechnics... and aw many are in the universities....... do dey even award a doctorate degree in polytechnics or do dey profess on their line of study in polytechnics.... my own suggestion tho

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by hrykanu231(m): 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
@Op get a job in a university either as a teaching or non-teaching staff, get deprived of attending congregation. Then come back and make the comparison...
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
laprince:

To buttress your point.
BSC Engineer
HND Technologist
OND Technician
SSCE and BELOW Craftsmen and artisans.

Good!
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by cocoduck: 4:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
For me there is a difference between university and polithechnic, if u want to go into research or like to be a lawyer or a doctor then u need university. If u are more interested in practical and hands on aspect then u need polythecnic, going to either depends on ur area of interest. I for example am an automotive technician, I don't need to build a car but I need to know how cars work before I can repair one, and I am happy with the trade, so u must decide what u want to do and be good at it. I did not go to a polythecnic to study or a technical school, what I know I learned from youtube.com and from reading automotive articles

4 Likes

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by turhibdwhale(m): 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
In my on humble opinion I think it all depends on individual, either you're a BSc graduate or HND it depends on what you're made of, a poly student can make first class in university while some will fail woefully, some BSc graduate are better than hnd graduate in the labour market and yet some Nd students are outstanding when compared to BSc graduate. School doesn't matter, what's important is your ideas and wisdom
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by jidxin(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
lipsrsealed
mizlolar:
you look beautiful but ur choice of words and mannerism seems to ...... lipsrsealed
mizlolar:
you look beautiful but ur choice of words and mannerism seems to ...... :-x
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by jidxin(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
lipsrsealed
mizlolar:
you look beautiful but ur choice of words and mannerism seems to ...... lipsrsealed
mizlolar:
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by swimcash(m): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
petux:
quy.....therez no point here xcept no. 8....every1 knows universities are far better dhan poly....read for jamb u no qo read u qo kum get admin go poly kon dae defend am.
#teamakokite
u nailed it bro...
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Engineermbugame(m): 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
Felix799:
Whether poly is better or not, mine future is gonna be great. All we need to do is to study hard and gain knowledge in our fields and outside our fields. All is well.
u made sense bro.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by swimcash(m): 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
chiddyok:
Na wa ooo. Consolation time.
no mind d op, as if dey force am enter poly
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Mergic(m): 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
aolumaxi:

I drop my pen at this point.

PROUDLY LASPOTIAN

Point 1: Easy of study or "Ease".....you are indeed an avid poly fan
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by faruz: 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
Parkac:

Your reasons are daft
nd did he ask u to quote him ..... Plz jez gerarahia
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Johnsown1(m): 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:
some polytechnics are good.. but dont you ever compare polytechnics to universities.. if you have entered oau, UI. ABU,etc.. you will hate poly.

why do you think most polytechnics are filled with cultits..? especially kwara poly

someone close to me graduated from poly 5 years ago. belive me,she is still searching for a job till now..

the day i first entered unilorin, i promised myself never to go to a polytechnic in my life..

have you seen those law chicks in oau? the sight of their smart and beautiful faces will make you forget about all those mgbeke girls wey full our polytechnics
Guy ur arguments is baseless.there is no institution that cultist cant be found in.
Ur moved by the environment and paintings at oau,unilorin etc without considering what ur going their for. Education first bro.
And believe me that some people at ur closest that graduated without a job for 5 years is either dull or lazy type.
Fine gals full everywhere.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by okhiai1(m): 5:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
how make I start sef well coughs........
I got an admission to uni Ilorin 4 years ago then an opportunity came in ......
coughs again.........
A job at the federal ministry of transport without thinking twice I dumped the university admission and started working after a year I wanted to go back to Sch and someone came to me with the idea of open university and distance learning program after researching about the two I discovered that the two programs where crap
DLC
NO classes where taken but they gave you some stupid handout where you don't understand shit now have to pay extra for tutorials to keep up how the hell is a degree good

open university
that one still try small cause it's online and their head correct with comprehensive handouts
but the
POLY HMMMMMMM YOU GET TO CLASS RECEIVE LECTURES AND WORK AT THE SAME TIME AND DO PRACTICALS MAKING YOU MORE productive AT WORK AND come out with some qualifications at the end some how is that waste of time called university better
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by olowookerekemi(f): 5:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:
some polytechnics are good.. but dont you ever compare polytechnics to universities.. if you have entered oau, UI. ABU,etc.. you will hate poly.

why do you think most polytechnics are filled with cultits..? especially kwara poly

someone close to me graduated from poly 5 years ago. belive me,she is still searching for a job till now..

the day i first entered unilorin, i promised myself never to go to a polytechnic in my life..

have you seen those law chicks in oau? the sight of their smart and beautiful faces will make you forget about all those mgbeke girls wey full our polytechnics
Abeg no bad mouth kwarapoly ooo
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by stuntman007: 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
laprince:

Poor shot!!!

Our national problems are not theoretical.They are practical and industrial.

So, only Polytechnic graduates are jobless.
you need laying of hands and legs.

Polytechnics are great. The universities have more aesthetic features.

Somehow, in Nigeria, university graduates feel like superheroes, even when they have not yet gotten anything doing.

DID YOU KNOW THAT Aare Afe Babalola got his SAN by correspondence?

You had better strived to be relevant, rather than romancing your almighty BSc.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Donfaray(m): 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:

So na fine smart babe's make u like Uni pass Poly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kids Transported To School In Lokoja In An Open-Vehicle (photos) / 16 Photos That Will Take You Back To Your Secondary School Inter-house Sports / "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.