Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,463 members, 7,823,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities (40843 Views)

Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Universities Are Better Than Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
toposi4naija:

Bro....yhu don't know wat am passing through............. Polytechnics are no different to a prison.......
well...it depends sha
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 26, 2016
viickerz:
some polytechnics are good.. but dont you ever compare polytechnics to universities.. if you have entered oau, UI. ABU,etc.. you will hate poly.

why do you think most polytechnics are filled with cultits..? especially kwara poly

someone close to me graduated from poly 5 years ago. belive me,she is still searching for a job till now..

the day i first entered unilorin, i promised myself never to go to a polytechnic in my life..

have you seen those law chicks in oau? the sight of their smart and beautiful faces will make you forget about all those mgbeke girls wey full our polytechnics

Uni chicks are better than poly chicks, they speak better, dress better behave better and dont have less diseases and defects like poly chicks. grin
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 26, 2016
Mr Moderator I strongly disagree with your assertion, university is always better than polytechnics.

In University you re trained to have a wider perspective of study, not just a narrow field.

Your chosen course of study is enriched you this is obvious in your first 2 years of study, so you can blend in any field you find yourself in life.

Polytechnics are over-hyped monotechnics, their field of study is narrow, some polys dont even do Use of English, Citizenship education, philosophy of Science and Logic.

How can your reasoning, speaking and writing faculties be improved when you dont study these courses eh?

The so called practical work you talked about will still be taught in your place of work .

We ve got artisans everywhere, polys were meant to fill that role, but sadly they dont, they want to convert to universities, you dont just change a schools sign board from poly to uni, change has to begin with its structure , curriculum and orientation.

Theres no need comparing apples and potatoes.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by aolumaxi(m): 8:56am On Feb 26, 2016
kaeforum:
Mr Moderator I strongly disagree with your assertion, university is always better than polytechnics.

In University you re trained to have a wider perspective of study, not just a narrow field.

Your chosen course of study is enriched you this is obvious in your first 2 years of study, so you can blend in any field you find yourself in life.

Polytechnics are over-hyped monotechnics, their field of study is narrow, some polys dont even do Use of English, Citizenship education, philosophy of Science and Logic.

How can your reasoning, speaking and writing faculties be improved when you dont study these courses eh?

The so called practical work you talked about will still be taught in your place of work .

We ve got artisans everywhere, polys were meant to fill that role, but sadly they dont, they want to convert to universities, you dont just change a schools sign board from poly to uni, change has to begin with its structure , curriculum and orientation.

Theres no need comparing apples and potatoes.
well, Polytechnics (especially mine) incorporated all the bolded courses into our syllabus even wen it didn't come from nbte...
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by zzzzy: 9:15am On Feb 26, 2016
The op is totally right. Polytechnics are better than Universities in Nigeria . Most Universities fill your head with just useless theories while Polytechnics are more practical.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by cutecanson(m): 10:10am On Feb 26, 2016
petux:
quy.....therez no point here xcept no. 8....every1 knows universities are far better dhan poly....read for jamb u no qo read u qo kum get admin go poly kon dae defend am.
#teamakokite
I bet u my score in jamb is way above or shld I say higher than urs yet I am a proud polytechnic Ian....
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Icon4(m): 10:20am On Feb 26, 2016
Who won compare uni and poly, hmm piipol of nawadays being find excuses to ease their heart breaks, abegi, uni nah the best,, only say poly go give u second chance to correct ur mistakes asin ND and. HND, lemme norh hear pim again..
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 26, 2016
aolumaxi:
well, Polytechnics (especially mine) incorporated all the bolded courses into our syllabus even wen it didn't come from nbte...

thats my point not all of them incorporated these course, your lucky yours did.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by zzzzy: 1:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
Icon4:
Who won compare uni and poly, hmm piipol of nawadays being find excuses to ease their heart breaks, abegi, uni nah the best,, only say poly go give u second chance to correct ur mistakes asin ND and. HND, lemme norh hear pim again..
a poly graduate in Nigeria knows how to get the job done better than a uni student (first degree).
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Icon4(m): 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
zzzzy:
a poly graduate in Nigeria knows how to get the job done better than a uni student (first degree).

Oga/madam, I doubt u..
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by aolumaxi(m): 3:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
NB! to all those using this article on their blogs and sites, be decent enough to credit the original writer of this post nw......
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by snoow(m): 5:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
ucnwafor:
Poly brushed me up and I had stand out among my course-mate till now.......#fedpolynekede

Even me I rep poly Nekede... We r the best... Am moving to imsu on direct this year tho
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by shettima97835: 8:17am On Jul 24, 2017
aolumaxi:

I drop my pen at this point.

PROUDLY LASPOTIAN

I bet all uni rejected you before you applied for poly and for the record, there is nothing like federal uni degree is better than others let NUC be the judge of that ok and from all indication I have seen non from NUC

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by aolumaxi(m): 8:25am On Jul 24, 2017
shettima97835:

I bet all uni rejected you before you applied for poly and for the record, there is nothing like federal uni degree is better than others let NUC be the judge of that ok and from all indication I have seen non from NUC
keep betting sir

dat is how nairabet will chop all ur money
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by shettima97835: 7:21am On Oct 26, 2017
aolumaxi:
keep betting sir

dat is how nairabet will chop all ur money
Ask owners of nairabet how is there market in north an here well represented statement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet / Kids Transported To School In Lokoja In An Open-Vehicle (photos) / 16 Photos That Will Take You Back To Your Secondary School Inter-house Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.