Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,574 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities (41426 Views)

Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Universities Are Better Than Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by toprealman: 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
viickerz:
some polytechnics are good.. but dont you ever compare polytechnics to universities.. if you have entered oau, UI. ABU,etc.. you will hate poly.

why do you think most polytechnics are filled with cultits..? especially kwara poly

someone close to me graduated from poly 5 years ago. belive me,she is still searching for a job till now..

the day i first entered unilorin, i promised myself never to go to a polytechnic in my life..

have you seen those law chicks in oau? the sight of their smart and beautiful faces will make you forget about all those mgbeke girls wey full our polytechnics
You chat poo bro. Some uni grads have gone >5yrs and still searching.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by oluwaemmanuel: 5:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
petux:
quy.....therez no point here xcept no. 8....every1 knows universities are far better dhan poly....read for jamb u no qo read u qo kum get admin go poly kon dae defend am.
#teamakokite
UNILAG student... jst so u knw.. there are a lot of pple with 275 as jamb score in the polytechnic and better post jamb score also so bro.. borrow some sense abeg b4 saying anytin... I met lot of ur Computer science students 300level during my siwes n that was after ND 1 n I tell u dey wa ntin to write home abt... Jst be grateful u av dat opportunity n be grateful to the government for d hype u get.. A proud MAPAITE
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by favouryemmy: 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
This case is not debatable. The guy that know 'how' may get the job, while the guy that knows 'why' will be his boss. The Polys teach you how, but the universities go beyond that, they teach you 'why'. QED!

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Femich18(m): 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
Your 5th point should be a disadvantage. Aside dt who will prefer attending a Poly to Uni...Who does dt should have his or her brain checked. In a country Wre certificate discrimination is very high
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Saladin25(m): 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
aolumaxi:

I drop my pen at this point.

PROUDLY LASPOTIAN

Let me confine you into the dustbin of history.

1. Entrepreneurship is now a compulsory course in all institutions in Nigeria. I was not opportune to do the course when I was in college of Education, but I did it in the University

2. Your classroom situation is not better at all. I can even say it that your classrooms are poor.

3. Your syllabus can't match up with university syllabus. Because I do teach polytechnic students during my undergraduate days.

4. Many lecturers in polytechnic are not worth to be a lecturer. Many of your lecturers have been a Master holder for more than a decade without improving on their educational qualifications. Even colleges of education has more PhD holders as a lecturer compared to polytechnics.

5. The issue of unemployment is common to all higher institution graduates in Nigeria.

6. The objectives of setting up polytechnics is to develop people with skills and artisans but university is to train professionals. That is why an HND holder in engineering will be called a technologist while, a university will be called an engineer.

I respect graduate of all institutions, but saying polytechnic is better than university is a disrespect to the educational system.
University is the ultimate.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
Poly vs Uni always.... Ehhh
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by petux(m): 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
undecided
oluwaemmanuel:

UNILAG student... jst so u knw.. there are a lot of pple with 275 as jamb score in the polytechnic and better post jamb score also so bro.. borrow some sense abeg b4 saying anytin... I met lot of ur Computer science students 300level during my siwes n that was after ND 1 n I tell u dey wa ntin to write home abt... Jst be grateful u av dat opportunity n be grateful to the government for d hype u get.. A proud MAPAITE
undecided
oluwaemmanuel:

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by aolumaxi(m): 7:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
Mergic:

Point 1: Easy of study or "Ease".....you are indeed an avid poly fan
considering that I type @over 40 words in one minute.... typographical error is easy to come by..... #sorry_abt_that
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by aolumaxi(m): 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
Saladin25:

Let me confine you into the dustbin of history.

1. Entrepreneurship is now a compulsory course in all institutions in Nigeria. I was not opportune to do the course when I was in college of Education, but I did it in the University

2. Your classroom situation is not better at all. I can even say it that your classrooms are poor.

3. Your syllabus can't match up with university syllabus. Because I do teach polytechnic students during my undergraduate days.

4. Many lecturers in polytechnic are not worth to be a lecturer. Many of your lecturers have been a Master holder for more than a decade without improving on their educational qualifications. Even colleges of education has more PhD holders as a lecturer compared to polytechnics.

5. The issue of unemployment is common to all higher institution graduates in Nigeria.

6. The objectives of setting up polytechnics is not develop people with skills and artisans but university is to train professionals. That is why an HND holder in engineering will be called a technologist while, a university will be called an engineer.

I respect graduate of all institutions, but saying polytechnic is better than university is a disrespect to the educational system.
University is the ultimate.
good points bro.... but nt good enough

Lemme start off with the syllabus, my syllabus is way richer and even my school deem it fit to add extra courses for us (13 courses since ND1)

Abt entrepreneurship, tho its being taught in all institutions, poly students due to there experience on site during their various industrial attachment and workshop skill in school are more confident on gaining ground when their starting up their own business (coz they are always on ground)

About the classrooms, seems u need to take a tour to my school

Abt the lecturers, say that to my academic father, Bldr Dola Arilesere, who with an HND attained the post of the President of the National Institute of Building (NIOB). A feat where professors in the field are being chosen

Abt unemployment, the practical orientation imbibed in Polytechnics gives our students the edge in starting their own.. my boss, with an OND in Computer Engineering and Lil training in Desktop Publishing started his computer school himself and today, "De-Apex" is recognised all over odogunyan (his locality)

Need I say more
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by abafetch: 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
Every one with his own/.... but let me use myself...... God is d giver and d provider.....
I use ssce to work and OND is own janitor... My pay is higher than some b sc....
There is a guy with master's let when i told him how much am receiving he left d company but today his beggin to come back.

In Nigeria Jobs is wht u can offer... not ur qualification.....

READ MORE..... A gr8t once said that a man who reads notin is highly intelligent dan a man who reads only newspaper.....

GOD is good
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by alamscolo(m): 8:09pm On Feb 25, 2016
[color=#006600][/color][i][/i]
actually, both institutions are great but the problem we are having over here is from the Nigerian Government. I believe that if you want to go for anything relating to technology or engineering, the polytechnic or better still it should be termed as a technological sch and the certificates should be rated equally without no discrimination and i believe the country will move foward and this issue wil be solved. Proudly laspotian.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by GeoOla25(m): 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
Akkord4gov:
As expected

Soon,NCE students too go come claim they are better

That guy above me didn't make any sense. He can't even go to a debate competition cos all his points will be a waste
Unemployment is general,never limit it to a Poly graduate,i have seen Uni graduate of 8yrs without employment
Cultist also,go to Eksu,Osu and Lasu and you will realise that cultism there too isn't something of joke
I gave up on him when he talked about beautiful OAU law Students.
Painful even though he might be a product of overrated Uni Graduate but couldn't even give reasonable reasons why Uni is better than Poly

Before you ask me,i am a graduate of a Uni(Eksu to be precise)

You no dey Rep us well....why mentioning EKSU..when it comes to Cultist...Osekita and it's environs is peace.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by alagada: 9:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
One of the reasons why Polytechnics are incomparable with Universities is in d quality of their lecturers. During my University days I had 10professors in my dept not to talk oof Drs. This is not the case with Polytechnics.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by kollinz4(m): 9:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
Stop all these BSc, ND, HND debates....comparison is for the low esteemed mind
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by ppramise(f): 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
Believe me both Polytechnics & Universities produce quack
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by oluwaemmanuel: 9:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
petux:
undecided
undecided
want to say sumtin.. let me tell u one tin also I went tru ur whole 100l to 400l courses for comp. sci and I took DOS courses in ND.. Bro.. u beta be grateful n stop flaunting
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by omotayo51: 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
na wa ooo... guy u would not want to compare a yabatech year 2 and a unilag yr 3... while still in yabatech, unilag students do come on a regular basis for tutorial organized by their juniors..... its just the difference in social life and the discrimination between the two
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by oluwaemmanuel: 9:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
alagada:
One of the reasons why Polytechnics are incomparable with Universities is in d quality of their lecturers. During my University days I had 10professors in my dept not to talk oof Drs. This is not the case with Polytechnics.
professors that can't practice wat dey read? or guru profs dat knws not jst d theory.. Tank God for professional exams nw sha
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
A 200 level university student can not stand an ND I student in a polytechnic....u wanna try?
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by petux(m): 10:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
oluwaemmanuel:

want to say sumtin.. let me tell u one tin also I went tru ur whole 100l to 400l courses for comp. sci and I took DOS courses in ND.. Bro.. u beta be grateful n stop flaunting
bro. nt flaunting being in d university doesnt mean u dnt lack smtin buh uni is still d best......isnt university ur 1st chioce

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by petux(m): 10:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
oluwaemmanuel:

apart frm d pratical aspect ion see any oda 1 worthy in dhat post
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by jackzin(m): 10:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
About universities and polytechnics.. To me I don't see the reason why there should be any comparison in the first place, students from poly feels intimidated (most) others from uni thinks they've arrived.
Honestly I don't see the reason for this., both a instituitions you go to where you want.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by H2Ossss(m): 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
aolumaxi:

I drop my pen at this point.

PROUDLY LASPOTIAN

your first point shot a bullet through my chest, EASY OF STUDY, hmmmmm...., I see how it turned out for u.... dont compare a poly to a uni plzzzzz.... ejoooorrr....
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
University is the best!......I am currently an ND1 student but just had to retake another jamb.........I swear to God...poly is rubbish.....in ND1 mass comm polyibadan....we are 1200 plus and they are still admitting...polytechnic is a shame!.....I hate being their student

Ui plss admit me this year
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by mrwiddy(m): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
petux:
quy.....therez no point here xcept no. 8....every1 knows universities are far better dhan poly....read for jamb u no qo read u qo kum get admin go poly kon dae defend am.
#teamakokite
its not d jamb score bro,itz d intellect.......or are u telling me ppl in varaities lyk covenant nd d lyks r nt JAMB challenged too.I ve a friend wu made 161 in d jamb written 2 yrs ago,tho she went abroad 4 greener pasture in uni admission,i'm telling you,she z one of d best african student in MBBS in west minster college,USA. While m still dragging 3.8 cgp here in Lautech with my 231 in dat same jamb exam....,..........so,its not d jamb skor,it's d mindset.
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
oluwaemmanuel:

professors that can't practice wat dey read? or guru profs dat knws not jst d theory.. Tank God for professional exams nw sha

Shut up!.......you can still open ur mouth and defend a school called polytechnic...... Am an nd1 student of polyibadan but guess what...I have to register for another jamb..... The school is unbearable..... I have friends in universities....we are 1200 plus in one class and they are still admitting..The lecturers sells textbooks that they are the author....they are only concerned about money making....people have fainted in class unumerous times due to over population..... I reqretted I went to poly!.........ui plss admit me this year.......I scored 68% in ui post utme last yr.....I hate poly!

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
My guy u get money oo
toposi4naija:

Shut up!.......you can still open ur mouth and defend a school called polytechnic...... Am an nd1 student of polyibadan but guess what...I have to register for another jamb..... The school is unbearable..... I have friends in universities....we are 1200 plus in one class and they are still admitting..The lecturers sells textbooks that they are the author....they are only concerned about money making....people have fainted in class unumerous times due to over population..... I reqretted I went to poly!.........ui plss admit me this year.......I scored 68% in ui post utme last yr.....I hate poly!
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
sweetboiy:
My guy u get money oo

Bro....yhu don't know wat am passing through............. Polytechnics are no different to a prison.......

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by aolumaxi(m): 10:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
H2Ossss:

your first point shot a bullet through my chest, EASY OF STUDY, hmmmmm...., I see how it turned out for u.... dont compare a poly to a uni plzzzzz.... ejoooorrr....
haba! Can't u get past a spelling error? my write is sha void of errors except one typo error....
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by freddaboh(m): 12:33am On Feb 26, 2016
viickerz:
some polytechnics are good.. but dont you ever compare polytechnics to universities.. if you have entered oau, UI. ABU,etc.. you will hate poly.

why do you think most polytechnics are filled with cultits..? especially kwara poly

someone close to me graduated from poly 5 years ago. belive me,she is still searching for a job till now..

the day i first entered unilorin, i promised myself never to go to a polytechnic in my life..

have you seen those law chicks in oau? the sight of their smart and beautiful faces will make you forget about all those mgbeke girls wey full our polytechnics

Very funny but true.
Proudly an ABUsite.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by petux(m): 4:03am On Feb 26, 2016
mrwiddy:
its not d jamb score bro,itz d intellect.......or are u telling me ppl in varaities lyk covenant nd d lyks r nt JAMB challenged too.I ve a friend wu made 161 in d jamb written 2 yrs ago,tho she went abroad 4 greener pasture in uni admission,i'm telling you,she z one of d best african student in MBBS in west minster college,USA. While m still dragging 3.8 cgp here in Lautech with my 231 in dat same jamb exam....,..........so,its not d jamb skor,it's d mindset.
thats true tho
Re: 9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities by tammie24: 7:42am On Feb 26, 2016
viickerz:

hehehe
this one na upper cut wey you give them o!
I come dey pity them sef

Poly better than university
No be for this planet cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Secret To Success In JAMB? / Gabriel Olarenwaju Akinyemi, 60-Year-Old UTME Candidate Wants To Study Pharmacy / DELSU 100 Level Students Seen Undergoing Matriculation Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.