Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,253 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me (36203 Views)

"If My Man Cheats On Me While I'm Pregnant, I'll Kill Him And The Baby" - Lady / Praise Sam Ogan: "I Won’t Dump My Man Because He Can’t Satisfy Me In Bed" / I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Nten: 1:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
Youngpo413:
For a lady to reach 30yrs without getting married is a clear indication that she is not a wife material,talkless of 35,before that age most will have numerous Ex boyfriends so if any of the uncountable Ex'es can't wife u,na your fault.
that's a hasty generalization, so if I choose to marry above ur stated age it means I am not a wife material Abi? nawa oo
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by mikedimeji(m): 1:43pm On Feb 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by donhils: 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
Are you sure you're even 35? Ladies never disclose their ages (even online).

1 Like

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by lightdotcom: 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
At 43 three teenagers alresdy. Well possible if he married early tweenties or had twins/triplets. I want to believe he too must have adjusted his age.
Apologise for the lies sincerely and give him sometime meanwhile you can keep others at your radar.
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by skyisthelimit(m): 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
U see despite all the jabs and good advice thrown at the OP...am impressed she replies calmly, displaying good humour, trying to respond to all, not rude as even younger chics would do...please OP having apologized and explained to this man, please give him space...you might not be married yet but he is really the 'tokunbo' with baggage having married before and even has 3kids..you will be the one to live with and tolerate all these....yes trust is an issue but he should cut u some slack, u haven't even met yet; he is supposed to just laugh it off even if he is still got it on his mind and be stylishly getting to know you deeply so you feel free to let out more, in that 'play' u would have even told him d whole truth, now he has almost created a perfect liar as he will only hear d things that are pleasant to his ear...u tolerate people cos someone else is also tolerating u...the late Bimbo Odukoya and most long married couples would say a marriage is just two forgivers living together...give this man a break and live your life to the fullest, mix and exhale...keep ya head up..let one who has never lied before cast d first stone....the last time I checked ,perfection isn't a human being...at his age and yours, all this drama ?..maturity is not a question of numbers after all.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Rainmaker2016: 2:30pm On Feb 27, 2016
Wake up dear. The chance of having him come back is slim. U may wish to ask how slim 22/78 in percentage. I will advise u revise this lesson notes pick up yourself and forge ahead. Next time when your heart is beginning to get involve present your real CV. For a guy that cares it hurts realising one has been banging out with a stranger. Good luck dear.
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by onoslove(f): 2:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
@ bellassimo please don't ever make such a deadly mistake of marrying a divorcee. It's against God's law, the Bible calls it adultery. God had joined him and his divorced wife together, let no man put asunder. Pray and God will give you your legal husband
Do you have an idea why he divorced his wife.

1 Like

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Smartguy001(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
bellassimo:
I met a man online 5 weeks ago.As with online relationships, I withheld info and told him the age I have on my id and not my real age.I never expected the relationship to go anywhere, but we fell in love quickly we are even planning marriage. He has found out the truth about my age and is taking it badly.he compares me to his ex who he claims is a great liar and had refused to forgive me.He is doubting everything I ever told him about me and is ignoring me.I have apologized and explained to no avail.we are meeting for the first time next weekend, but he has changed totally. He ignores my calls and msgs and I can't eat or sleep. I love this man and want to be with him.I'd it fair that he has refused to accept my explanation? Its not as if I just picked the age from the air, its the age in my ids.how do I remedy this situation? Do I keep begging him? He doesn't even read msgs.this is his first on line relationship ( to the best of my knowledge) but this is not my first online relationship and I was just being cautious cos I have had my fingers burnt online before. What do i do? I am confused.He is a 43 yr old divorcee with 3 teenagers.I am turning 35 this yr( i don't look it though) i told him i was 32 yrs old.I need advice before I go crazy.why is this age issue such a big thing for him.has he got another woman? I am confused
We live in different places but I plan on going to see him next week .I am confused right now.Help!
P:s- it wasn't a random connection online, a mutual friend linked us up because he wants to settle down and I also want to settle down.She decided to connect both of us.We are going to meet and date face to face for sometime before getting married.
I am not desperate even at this age.I have had my fair share of heartbreaks. God makes everything beautiful in his time.this is not about the marriage, its about clearing my name first.Most people living outside Naija have "football" ages on their passports and other ids.I am not trying to justify myself but he found out the truth from me.I could have kept on lying if I really wanted to but seeing how serious we have become, I owned up when he asked.

OP practice dis wit ur next relationship...35 or 32 wats d difference self y lie ?

1 Like

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by successbuchi32(m): 3:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
bellassimo:
I met a man online 5 weeks ago.As with online relationships, I withheld info and told him the age I have on my id and not my real age.I never expected the relationship to go anywhere, but we fell in love quickly we are even planning marriage. He has found out the truth about my age and is taking it badly.he compares me to his ex who he claims is a great liar and had refused to forgive me.He is doubting everything I ever told him about me and is ignoring me.I have apologized and explained to no avail.we are meeting for the first time next weekend, but he has changed totally. He ignores my calls and msgs and I can't eat or sleep. I love this man and want to be with him.I'd it fair that he has refused to accept my explanation? Its not as if I just picked the age from the air, its the age in my ids.how do I remedy this situation? Do I keep begging him? He doesn't even read msgs.this is his first on line relationship ( to the best of my knowledge) but this is not my first online relationship and I was just being cautious cos I have had my fingers burnt online before. What do i do? I am confused.He is a 43 yr old divorcee with 3 teenagers.I am turning 35 this yr( i don't look it though) i told him i was 32 yrs old.I need advice before I go crazy.why is this age issue such a big thing for him.has he got another woman? I am confused
We live in different places but I plan on going to see him next week .I am confused right now.Help!
P:s- it wasn't a random connection online, a mutual friend linked us up because he wants to settle down and I also want to settle down.She decided to connect both of us.We are going to meet and date face to face for sometime before getting married.
I am not desperate even at this age.I have had my fair share of heartbreaks. God makes everything beautiful in his time.this is not about the marriage, its about clearing my name first.Most people living outside Naija have "football" ages on their passports and other ids.I am not trying to justify myself but he found out the truth from me.I could have kept on lying if I really wanted to but seeing how serious we have become, I owned up when he asked.
this is rubbish, never go into this marriage if not. It won't go far. Yeye love.
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by swaggprofessor(m): 3:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
bellassimo:
hw can u love some1 u r yet to meet?. Abi na e money dey confuse u

1 Like

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
onoslove:
Do you have an idea why he divorced his wife.
do i care to know? Whatever crime the ex wife did can never justify the man's actions of removing his wife from her matrimonial home. When they exchanged the marital vows at the altar, didnt they affirmed "for better, for worse"
the husband must have a forgiving and a forbearing spirit so he'll be able to condone her wife's flaws.
If he divorced the first wife, it'll also be certain that he'll be inclined to put away the second wife also
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by tiwiex(m): 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2016
Babacele:
hmmmm Bella ,sorry I can feel your pain. Your story is very clear . Only God can judge you ,so don't listen to any negative reactions from folks who don't know you and your previous experiences.

Yea your bf is bitter n it s understandable cos he had been bitten before meeting you. Absolutely I can tell you that it is not easy to deal with an insecured mate from a distance especially when doubts n fear is mixed.

It seems it isnt clear if he would still meet you as he isn't picking calls nor replying messages. But don't you worry.

Can you do the following:
1. Pray briefly that if it he s man for you, despite your sins which He has forgiven , may everything works fine.
2. Try to forgive yourself. it is important cos it helps to up your positive energies which will enhance your attracting positive things. know that no one but God is perfect ,so we all have flaws.

3. Imagine you n him together smiling ,happy n sharing love.

4. send him a text condemning yourself. like: "Baby I was stupid n fraudulent to have used that age. I don't know how to explain this mistake but if I were you, I would find it difficult to trust such a woman. I'm so sorry for the pains I have caused you, for betraying yr
trust . I m NOT doing this because of marriage but i feel I shouldn't be a source of pain to anyone. Regards." or whatever comes to your heart.

5. Try to forgive others too. n henceforth just b sincere with yourself.

6. Give thanks for a prayer answered n just be in your best mood. Whatever happens, just be calm. The above isn't a religious ritual but an exercise that is proven.
May your Rene Angelil come to you ,amen.

Ignore hime abeg. This advice still sounds desperate. He is trying to play her into submission. He would come back and Bella would feel he has done hime a favour. The harm is done. She might even be lucky it ended that way.
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Youngpo413: 6:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
Nten:

that's a hasty generalization, so if I choose to marry above ur stated age it means I am not a wife material Abi? nawa oo
Nten how? Ake ekpat ukot Or efiaha ?
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Nten: 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
Youngpo413:
Nten how? Ake ekpat ukot Or efiaha ?
aman ison akpaniko kpupuru
speak english abeg
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by funkymatics(f): 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
Really. A word of prayer for those who think its her fault to be unmarried @35, you won't experience such but if God says you should then would you know that the race is not for the swift and intelligence doesn't take u anywhere

1 Like

Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Babacele: 8:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
[quote author=lakeside30 post=43297548][/quote] thanks bro. May your Rene Angelil come to you.
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
Another copy n paste ... All in the name of owning a thread to make fp..
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Babacele: 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
kaziblake:
some are spiritual.
n some ain't . my sis got married at 34 a virgin last year n has a kid now. she plans to get a second kid next year n call it quits with childbearing. all fingers are not equal.
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Babacele: 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
bellassimo:
Wow! Una get mouth sha.lol.Just to correct a few wrong impressions:
Its not about money or the fact that I saw wealth and am running after him.He is not rich(to the best of my knowledge)
I am not desperate.that is the truth.I am in love.at this age I should be able to tell love from lust.
It is possible to Fall in love in a week,a day or even a min .
I am not single because I am bad or ugly. Wish I can upload a pic.
I didn't meet him on a dating site.it was online though but we were introduced by a mutual friend.
What else did I read ooo*scratching my head*...yes
We are talking about marriage but all plans will be when we meet and see if we are compatible face to face.
May God let Una marry quick. All those insulting me...lol.if i had my way, I would have married when I was in my 20s but in life,s**t happens.
I have made a decision thanks to all of you.I am grateful.
Bissous.
lols
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Nina4u(f): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
Age ..height ..weight is just a number ..if someone truly loves you non of that matter ..
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by mira4u: 10:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
Mimido2:
my dear he does not love u....he is just using d "lying issue" to get rid of u. Just forget about him.

Best post so far.
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Nina4u(f): 10:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
swaggprofessor:
hw can u love some1 u r yet to meet?. Abi na e money dey confuse u
its possible oo i will give you testemoni in cople of months when i marry my boo oo
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by swaggprofessor(m): 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
Nina4u:
its possible oo i will give you testemoni in cople of months when i marry my boo oo
just tell us say u wan marry instead of ur long story
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by yollychika(f): 11:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
So what's da difference between 32 and 35... He's still older... Him b case n no wonder his 1st marriage failed... Very unforgiving spirit he has...yuck
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by mikolo80: 2:20am On Feb 28, 2016
bellassimo:
Wow! Una get mouth sha.lol.Just to correct a few wrong impressions:
Its not about money or the fact that I saw wealth and am running after him.He is not rich(to the best of my knowledge)
I am not desperate.that is the truth.I am in love.at this age I should be able to tell love from lust.
It is possible to Fall in love in a week,a day or even a min .
I am not single because I am bad or ugly. Wish I can upload a pic.
I didn't meet him on a dating site.it was online though but we were introduced by a mutual friend.
What else did I read ooo*scratching my head*...yes
We are talking about marriage but all plans will be when we meet and see if we are compatible face to face.
May God let Una marry quick. All those insulting me...lol.if i had my way, I would have married when I was in my 20s but in life,s**t happens.
I have made a decision thanks to all of you.I am grateful.
Bissous.
abeg I fit pm you to ask personal kweshion
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by nessacookey(f): 4:16am On Feb 28, 2016
Serves you right
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by nessacookey(f): 4:20am On Feb 28, 2016
Lexusgs430:
You meet him 5 weeks ago(online) and planning marriage, with someone you have not seen physically?
God help her.
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Lexusgs430: 5:45am On Feb 28, 2016
nessacookey:
God help her.

Only God o. God too would ask her, why she went into the relationship, eyes and brain shut, while keeping the heart open.
They say the heart is dumb!!!!
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Gmart22: 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
is been their tradition..exactly what am gonna do soonest..she's got three yrs of birth and remembering what is been said
chiddyok:
The best way to get rid of someone is to catch them in a lie. That way u get to dump their *** and not feel guilty.
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by CaroLyner(f): 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
doskie:
she forgot to mention the part where he uploaded a dp with Gwagon on the background. girlss are fuullzzzz. you know sha.
alright...i get you
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by Babacele: 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2016
tiwiex:

Ignore hime abeg. This advice still sounds desperate. He is trying to play her into submission. He would come back and Bella would feel he has done hime a favour. The harm is done. She might even be lucky it ended that way.
but from d story, d guy wasn't misbehaving b4 d age debacle . we need to give him d benefit of fear of being bitten again. don't u think?
Re: I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me by donjoesbry(m): 5:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
WHY are Nigerian ladies discreet about their AGE...I HAVE TRAVELED AROUND THE WORLD and i noticed especially in the western world and even some African countries that ladies easily and happily tell you their age....but i the moment you meet a naija gal asking after her age, its either she lies about it, tells u its private or she will ask you stupid question like: "what do you want with my age'..if i may ask please my naija sisters is their anything so special about the age that you keep it to yourself?...am sorry ma'am i wish i got a solution for you...i still believe in miracles though....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Pranks His Girlfriend With A Dummy "Side Chic" / VIDEO: Muslim Women Caught Doing The One Corner Dance, Shows Off Heavy Assets / Ijaw Couple Fishing In A River With Net And Canoe In Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.